An UTC band or orchestra

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2971 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Re: An UTC band or orchestra

Post by Funkydrummer » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:50 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:19 pm
Those types of videos get removed from YouTube, as I found out the hard way.
Brilliant, cheers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:19 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:07 pm
Here you can join Billy Butlin ! :D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcrUuCDFLOQ

Excellent stuff, Quasimodo on bells, J Arthur Rank on gong !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Bonzos - Intro and Outro. Fabulous - Adolf Hitler on vibes and the Count Basie Orchestra on triangle. By the way I sing - or did.

HieronymousBoschHobs
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:49 am

Hi all, have had a break from social media/news for a few days because it was all getting a bit depressing. Glad to see there is some interest!
upanatem wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:05 am
I could contribute in some way. I have been playing guitar for just under 3 years and have written quite a few (mainly rock) chordal progressions. I am from a musical family, with some members having gigged professionally for many years. We have recently formed a band, FAM, and have written and produced 2 tracks, which are due for release on 17 April. We don't gig; we just transfer files amongst ourselves, mainly using Apple ProLogic. I would be happy to submit a chordal progression or two to get things started. To check out the quality of our stuff, there are some short tasters on the page below. Scroll down to 'Give Us Yer Money'. The 2nd track is called 'Wake Up!!'. I wrote both chordal progressions and play rhythm guitar on the tracks. We have also set up a record label, through which we release the tracks.

https://www.facebook.com/FAM-1065225142 ... SEARCH_BOX
That would be brilliant mate - when you say you transfer the files amongst yourselves, does that mean you have been putting the tracks together remotely? Are the other musicians from Burnley/Clarets fans? Production quality is excellent - slightly grungey vibe which brings me back to my youth: if you can send over individual stems for something like that we will have something quite decent on our hands IMO.

In terms of style, I'm going just going to go with whatever best fits whatever I'm given. If possible, I won't add anything at all, but my thing these days is synthesis, so I might add some pads to fill out the sound.
upanatem wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:16 pm
Just a thought... when you record your part, video yourself. Then we could put together a video that we could upload to youtube afterwards, if you're up for it. If it were to go viral, the proceeds could be given to a worthwhile cause

That's a really good idea. You need to give me some marketing tips :D I was also in the process of creating a video backdrop from archival footage for the live show. I use a visualisation plugin which allows the video to interact with the music being played, so that the video 'responds' to the music.

Here is a link to some of my stuff:

If we can collect footage of people playing their instruments, or even just going about their everyday business in Burnley, then I could weave it together, and create a video to go with the song.

I've been reluctant to share my stuff because (a) I'm a perfectionist and none of it is ready for release and also (b) I appreciate my style is pretty arty, so not for everyone. For this though I really want to produce something catchy and accessible (not just for hipsters!), with a little hope and a little melancholy (so C major and A minor, the same notes in both a happy and a sad key, works well).
Last edited by HieronymousBoschHobs on Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

HieronymousBoschHobs

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:53 am

Funkydrummer wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:03 pm
Would it be of any use if I recorded a drum track onto "Audacity" and emailed you the file ?
upanatem wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:23 am
I'm happy for you to email a drum file to me, and I'll play a guitar chordal progression over it. I have Logic and Audacity but I'm not familiar with Audacity. I'm not sure, but I could try importing the Audacity file into Logic. If it does't import, then I'll play the progression into Audacity – it can't be that difficult to work out. (Famous last words?)

Alternatively, if you post your drum file to the link that Hieronymous posted above, then it would be 'open' to anyone to have a go. As mentioned above, keep it to 120bpm.

This sounds like fun.

If you can provide drums that's an absolute god send because we can build everything around that. I can work with whatever I'm given, but if you can pair the drums and the guitar even better.

It's certainly something to do and it's easier to put your energies into a creative project when there are other people involved.

HieronymousBoschHobs

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:54 am

KateR wrote:I don't know why but Band Camp keeps flashing through my mind.

I look forward to hearing some tunes in the not to distant future, I'm liking this thread :)
Bosscat wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:19 pm

🤣🤣🤣
What's so funny?

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:28 am

Hello HBH,
if you don't know Band Camp then it's difficult to explain, I did say I liked the thread and it was interesting and do hope to hear something, I really do.

Are you up early, working night shift or are you somewhere in the world that makes this time normal to you? I don't get to speak to man during this last few hours normally.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18214 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:14 am

HieronymousBoschHobs wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:54 am
What's so funny?
🤣🤣🤣

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:36 am

You little tinker Boss ;)

HieronymousBoschHobs

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:22 am

Bosscat wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:14 am
🤣🤣🤣

Loser.

I know what Band Camp is. Not impressed. First and last time I bother trying to do anything constructive in a community like this. Yeah yeah toys out of the pram, snowflake etc. I’ll tolerate people being a bit nasty in a political argument but this is the line. Whatever, got enough on in my life.

Bye.

If possible mods please delete my account, all my posts and get your house in order.
Last edited by HieronymousBoschHobs on Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:33 am

Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:22 am
Loser.

I know what Band Camp is. Not impressed. First and last time I bother trying to do anything constructive in a community like this. Yeah yeah toys out of the pram, snowflake etc. Whatever, got enough on in my life.

Bye.

If possible mods please delete my account and all posts.
As reasons for splitting up go, this certainly beats "musical differences".

HieronymousBoschHobs

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:36 am

thatdberight wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:33 am
As reasons for splitting up go, this certainly beats "musical differences".
Call it artistic temperament.
This user liked this post: thatdberight

HunterST_BFC
Been Liked: 1402 times
Has Liked: 2692 times

Post by HunterST_BFC » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:30 am

Sounds like a time for "Reason".

I've v11 suite.

Happy to sync up

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:04 am

. wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:53 am
. always knew that one day somebody would snap at the sight of Bosscat just posting an emoji. He’s disappointed it came in this thread & that Bosscat has ruined a project which . was looking forward to seeing develop.
Yeah, me too. Its' a real shame that it's come to this. It was never something that was going to happen overnight, but
I felt that those that were able were beginning to come together to get this up an running.

There appears to be quite a bit of ability and willingness amongst our Claret ranks, it's just a shame it's come to this.

Who knows, someone with the technical ability may step out of the shadows. :) ;)

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:33 pm

Loser.

I know what Band Camp is. Not impressed. First and last time I bother trying to do anything constructive in a community like this. Yeah yeah toys out of the pram, snowflake etc. I’ll tolerate people being a bit nasty in a political argument but this is the line. Whatever, got enough on in my life.

Bye.

If possible mods please delete my account, all my posts and get your house in order.
🤣🤣🤣
This user liked this post: KateR

KateR

Post by KateR » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:08 pm

so, is anyone actually doing anything around the UTC musical scene that we might be able to listen to in the near future?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:37 pm

This has turned into a Simpsons episode.....

.....and if you ask me the thread is all the better for it :D :D :D

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32398 times
Has Liked: 5272 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:46 pm

What’s all this about?

My house will be in order as soon as the tradesmen are allowed back in to complete the work I’m having done.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:47 pm

KateR wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:08 pm
so, is anyone actually doing anything around the UTC musical scene that we might be able to listen to in the near future?
I thought that was what was happening. Being talentless, I’ve not been on the thread for a few days.

KateR

Post by KateR » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:56 pm

I to am completely musically talentless except for being a music lover, just hoping some people are doing something, such that a tune or two come out here, that we less fortunate can listen to in awe and appreciate.
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretTony Bosscat

upanatem
Been Liked: 80 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Post by upanatem » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:16 am

Funkydrummer wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:04 am
Yeah, me too. Its' a real shame that it's come to this. It was never something that was going to happen overnight, but
I felt that those that were able were beginning to come together to get this up an running.

There appears to be quite a bit of ability and willingness amongst our Claret ranks, it's just a shame it's come to this.

Who knows, someone with the technical ability may step out of the shadows. :) ;)
OK, I'll step up. I'll record a guitar chordal rock progression @ 120bpm. I'll run a bog standard 'bum/splat' drum beat behind it, which can be removed later. I'll forward it to you, Funky, and you can do your bit on drums. I'll record it in Logic, and if you can't access this file, Funky, I'll drop it into Audacity.

Then others will need to step up and do their bit in due course. We'll also need someone who can mix and master when we have all the individual tracks in place. So this person ideally will need either ProLogic, Cubase or similar plus a mastering programme, which requires additional software. (When I bought ProLogic it was around £200.) If we can get it mixed, I can get a family member to do the mastering. It's OK; he's a Clarets fan. But he doesn't come on this site. I might be able to persuade him to do the mixing as well depending on his time availability – he is a key worker – but the files would need to be in Logic.

Could someone please set up a 'dropbox' or similar to which we can upload our files so that all can listen to them as we progress? These would need to be tamper-proof so that mischief-makers from elsewhere (and maybe here!) can't ruin the project.

Does this sound like the beginnings of a plan?

Give me a week, which means it'll be sooner. (Under-promise and over-deliver.)

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:56 am

upanatem wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:16 am
OK, I'll step up. I'll record a guitar chordal rock progression @ 120bpm. I'll run a bog standard 'bum/splat' drum beat behind it, which can be removed later. I'll forward it to you, Funky, and you can do your bit on drums. I'll record it in Logic, and if you can't access this file, Funky, I'll drop it into Audacity.

Then others will need to step up and do their bit in due course. We'll also need someone who can mix and master when we have all the individual tracks in place. So this person ideally will need either ProLogic, Cubase or similar plus a mastering programme, which requires additional software. (When I bought ProLogic it was around £200.) If we can get it mixed, I can get a family member to do the mastering. It's OK; he's a Clarets fan. But he doesn't come on this site. I might be able to persuade him to do the mixing as well depending on his time availability – he is a key worker – but the files would need to be in Logic.

Could someone please set up a 'dropbox' or similar to which we can upload our files so that all can listen to them as we progress? These would need to be tamper-proof so that mischief-makers from elsewhere (and maybe here!) can't ruin the project.

Does this sound like the beginnings of a plan?

Give me a week, which means it'll be sooner. (Under-promise and over-deliver.)
Brilliant, what a good chap you are. Cheers for stepping up to the mark on the technical front. :)

Now that sounds like a plan to me. Don't know too much about dropbox but had a quick look on YouTube and I think it's something that I could sort out for us. I will need to keep a careful check on security as we don't want it sabotaging by some brainless wazzock(s), or even thieving and claiming royalties when it becomes a smash hit !!! :lol:

I will be back if and when I sort it.

Thanks again mate 8-)

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:27 pm

KateR wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:56 pm
I to am completely musically talentless except for being a music lover, just hoping some people are doing something, such that a tune or two come out here, that we less fortunate can listen to in awe and appreciate.
Snap KateR I have the musical talent of a breezeblock ....

😁

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1402 times

Post by Aclaret » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:38 pm

I could chant " We are the Longside Burnley " for 45 mins if needed. That's as far as my talent goes. :D
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat KateR

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:55 pm

I think jdrobbo offered support on any vocals

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1110 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:18 am

Aclaret wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:38 pm
I could chant " We are the Longside Burnley " for 45 mins if needed. That's as far as my talent goes. :D
Probably way to fast for the band.
This user liked this post: IanMcL

upanatem

Post by upanatem » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:03 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:56 am
Brilliant, what a good chap you are. Cheers for stepping up to the mark on the technical front. :)

Now that sounds like a plan to me. Don't know too much about dropbox but had a quick look on YouTube and I think it's something that I could sort out for us. I will need to keep a careful check on security as we don't want it sabotaging by some brainless wazzock(s), or even thieving and claiming royalties when it becomes a smash hit !!! :lol:

I will be back if and when I sort it.

Thanks again mate 8-)
I have written and recorded a guitar chordal progression. So all I need now is a dropbox or similar where I can post it. Let's go!

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:40 am

upanatem wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:03 pm
I have written and recorded a guitar chordal progression. So all I need now is a dropbox or similar where I can post it. Let's go!
Okay dokay pal, I've installed dropbox and linked it to my gmail account on all my devices. I'm a novice at this and am flying by the seat of my pants, but I think you will have to install it as well. You can then send me the file via dropbox (using my email address) or, maybe quicker initially, to send me the file by email, I'll stick it in dropbox and then we both have access to it. We can then invite others to join the party as we go along.

I will do some more research on this, particularly on the security/privacy aspect. I think it goes without a saying that we each need to keep a pristine copy at all times, just in case.

Look forward to hearing from you.

As you say, let's give it a go.
Last edited by Funkydrummer on Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:42 am

Ps let me know when you've got my email address and I'll delete it from this post. I will of course need your email address too.

Cheers

upanatem

Post by upanatem » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:03 am

Funkydrummer wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:42 am
Ps let me know when you've got my email address and I'll delete it from this post. I will of course need your email address too.

Cheers
Got your email address, Funky. Many thanks. So you may now delete it.

You'll of course have my email address when I drop you an email.
This user liked this post: Funkydrummer

upanatem

Post by upanatem » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:52 pm

I have just emailed Funky as follows:

Hi Funky,

Mp3 is attached.

The song comprises:

Intro riff
Verse
Chorus
Verse
Chorus
Middle 8
Chorus

The tempo is 110bpm. I felt that 120 was a tad fast. The key is A minor.

I played it in with only 1 or 2 takes. For the final version I will play more takes which will clean it up. But I won't do this yet because the vocalist(s) and/or others may want some amendments, which makes sense to do first before final takes.

There is no guitar or keys break. This may be slotted in as we go along, if we want one.

The ending riff is not meant to stay. I just played something in quickly to show the end of the song.

Do you want me to send Logic files of the guitar parts or shall I try copying them into Audacity?

I will post this email on the forum to keep people informed.

Regards,

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:47 pm

Thanks for the emails, which is greatly appreciated. I've listened to the recording once through and think it's very good and that I can do something with it on the drums side of things. However, I will have to have a good think about it and work on it.

As regards Logic, Audacity etc, can I get back to you ? I need to explore the possibilities with Audacity as it's a while since I used it and I assume you will want the drumming on a separate "track" for editing and mastering purposes. I can't remember ever having done that tbh, but I'll get there.

I will also explore further the use of Dropbox for everyone to use.

Best wishes,

KateR

Post by KateR » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:52 pm

upanatem wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:52 pm
I have just emailed Funky as follows:

Hi Funky,

Mp3 is attached.
I will post this email on the forum to keep people informed.

Regards,
did you just sneak in right on plan? :D

So serious question, given what you and funky are doing how long is it realistically until we can hear a song/music? I am just to reiterate really looking forward to this.

I have often said for decades I would give my husbands left testicle to be musical in a way I could play recreate music that was in tone and people actually knew what I was singing/playing.

loving the updates to, thank you :)
This user liked this post: upanatem

upanatem

Post by upanatem » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:56 pm

KateR wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:52 pm
did you just sneak in right on plan? :D

So serious question, given what you and funky are doing how long is it realistically until we can hear a song/music? I am just to reiterate really looking forward to this.

I have often said for decades I would give my husbands left testicle to be musical in a way I could play recreate music that was in tone and people actually knew what I was singing/playing.

loving the updates to, thank you :)
Yes, I just sneaked in on plan. I would have been a couple of days earlier as I had written and recorded another chordal progression; but my family snaffled it for our family band. But I had another up my sleeve, which I think is equally as good, which forms the basis of this project.

You ask 'how long?'. Sorry, can't say. It is now up to others – we need Funky to do his bit, a bassist, ideally keys (but not essential), someone to write lyrics and a vocalist or several, depending on who steps up. Then all to be produced and mastered.

upanatem

Post by upanatem » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:00 am

Funkydrummer wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:47 pm
Thanks for the emails, which is greatly appreciated. I've listened to the recording once through and think it's very good and that I can do something with it on the drums side of things. However, I will have to have a good think about it and work on it.

As regards Logic, Audacity etc, can I get back to you ? I need to explore the possibilities with Audacity as it's a while since I used it and I assume you will want the drumming on a separate "track" for editing and mastering purposes. I can't remember ever having done that tbh, but I'll get there.

I will also explore further the use of Dropbox for everyone to use.

Best wishes,
Yes, Funky, drums on a separate track, please.

Dropbox or suchlike would be good so that interested Clarets can listen to our track as it develops.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:23 am

This is an exciting project which is moving past embryo into practical output, now that the 'wobbly' folk have withdrawn.

Good luck.

It is normal that some 'creatives' lose perspective and go phut, while others rise to the occasion.

Looking forward to the magic.

Up the Clarets.
These 2 users liked this post: Funkydrummer upanatem

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:39 am

".....wobbly folk" Brilliant. :lol:

The more I look back at that incident, the more incredulous it becomes. I still cannot,
for the life of me, understand the outburst.

But, hey ho, we're on our way to stardom.
These 2 users liked this post: upanatem IanMcL

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:00 pm

Aclaret wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:38 pm
I have history of at least 45 mins of Jimmy Mullen's Claret and blue army but that would have to be a retro track!

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:39 am

I'm initially going to give it a try in Audacity and I have dropped your recording into it already. However, as you will appreciate I cannot separate out the background drumming, and it's influencing and confusing what I'm trying to come up with as I play along to it.

Is it possible that you could please send the "guitar only" track in the same format as previously ?

Cheers,

upanatem

Post by upanatem » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:02 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:39 am
I'm initially going to give it a try in Audacity and I have dropped your recording into it already. However, as you will appreciate I cannot separate out the background drumming, and it's influencing and confusing what I'm trying to come up with as I play along to it.

Is it possible that you could please send the "guitar only" track in the same format as previously ?

Cheers,
Funky, it's done.
This user liked this post: Funkydrummer

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:31 pm

upanatem wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:02 pm
Funky, it's done.
Brilliant, received loud and clear. Thanks very much.

As regards the intro, I was thinking of coming in later as well, so great minds think alike.
I might also play the whole thing as let you decide which is best.

Be in touch again as soon as possible.
This user liked this post: upanatem

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:46 pm

Got a few contacts in the pop business and if you can finish the track and get Burnley to let you play it live on the pitch before their comeback game or at half time then I potentially have a well known singer lined up to front the band for you

These 2 users liked this post: Funkydrummer upanatem

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:24 pm

He's far too lively for me !!!!

Could give him a live mike and stand him in a full paddling pool again and see if it works this time !!!!!
These 2 users liked this post: Devils_Advocate upanatem

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:31 pm

Drumless file safely received thanks. I am playing the drums on an electronic kit, the Yamaha DTExtreme IIS. Fairly old technology now, compared to the new Roland kit I had a play on at PMT at Trafford

Will be in touch.

drm kit.jpg
drm kit.jpg (199.78 KiB) Viewed 3098 times

upanatem

Post by upanatem » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:35 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:46 pm
Got a few contacts in the pop business and if you can finish the track and get Burnley to let you play it live on the pitch before their comeback game or at half time then I potentially have a well known singer lined up to front the band for you
A top-class vocalist would be brill. Is he/she a Clarets supporter?

Interesting idea re the performance at a match. I'm not sure about a live performance, though... this would require much practising beforehand to get the band really tight, and the sound system would need to be top-notch for it to come across well. Additionally, not all of us live near Burnley. Playing an MP3 or Wav file at a match would be great, however.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:39 pm

upanatem wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:35 pm

Interesting idea re the performance at a match. I'm not sure about a live performance, though... this would require much practising beforehand to get the band really tight, and the sound system would need to be top-notch for it to come across well. Additionally, not all of us live near Burnley. Playing an MP3 or Wav file at a match would be great, however.
I dont think Chico is a Burnley fan but he's preformed at Turf Moor before and think he was a big hit with the crowd :)

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:09 pm

upanatem wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:35 pm

Need to get jdrobbo involved for vocals or trumpet

upanatem

Post by upanatem » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:57 pm

jdrobbo wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:13 pm
I can offer vocals or trumpet
jd, the best scenario would be if you could also write lyrics and come up with a melody over what Funky and I are doing. The vocals are often more convincing if the singer has written them because of the emotional involvement. Are you up for this? Or, could someone co-wite with you? Just exploring options here.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:56 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:39 pm
I dont think Chico is a Burnley fan but he's preformed at Turf Moor before and think he was a big hit with the crowd :)
🤣🤣🤣

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:58 pm

upanatem wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:57 pm
jd, the best scenario would be if you could also write lyrics and come up with a melody over what Funky and I are doing. The vocals are often more convincing if the singer has written them because of the emotional involvement. Are you up for this? Or, could someone co-wite with you? Just exploring options here.
I know he can sing but I don't know about is lyric writing ability

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1813 times
Has Liked: 1794 times

Post by dougcollins » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:29 pm

There was a young woman from Leeds..