The death penalty

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

The death penalty

Post by thatdberight » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:43 pm

I'm reversing a long-standing position against it.

Some genes are too stupid to risk them propagating.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52164358

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Re: The death penalty

Post by ClaretAndJew » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:46 pm

Bit of an extreme stance.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:47 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:46 pm
Bit of an extreme stance.
5g clearly causing people to lose their minds.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2293 times
Has Liked: 2166 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:02 pm

How do you set fire to a 70ft Metal structure?

Guitargeorge
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 93 times

Post by Guitargeorge » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:18 pm

Somebody will be advocating the death penalty for people who flout social distancing. Oh, hang on, coronavirus has got that one in hand already
This user liked this post: Stayingup

LordBob
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Post by LordBob » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:32 pm

This morning I spent an hour reading about 5G and peoples concerns over the damage it could cause but as far as the coronavirus goes there isn't a link but I would recommend reading what I read today, just google 5G and follow the Q&A chart. The reason I have this interest goes back to the early days of mobiles and high frequency transmissions when I was responsible for the building management systems at the Barclaycard centre at Kirkby, Merseyside. Barclaycard broke with BT and used a company called Mercury to transmit data up and down the country and as I was the plantroom keyholder I was present when the Mercury engineers fit the huge dish on the roof and commissioned the system. I had lunch with the engineers and I asked a lot of questions one was why was I not allowed on the roof when they started transmitting he replied by telling me that he had been recruited from Marconi where here work on the development of the forward looking radar on the Nimrod AWAC plane he said this was tested at Tern barracks and they often killed rabbits in the woods, the unit was on a rig firing at a receiver at the edge of the runway. The Barclaycard dish aimed at the tower on Long Lane Fazackerley there it was turned south I said that means the waves pass through high rise flats on Long Lane yep that's right but that's not my problem. Read the Google wiki.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:33 pm

The anti 5g nutters have been around in Liverpool from before coronavirus arrived. Then they changed their focus to conspiracy theories around the virus and left 5g alone for a while. Looks like they’ve found a neat way to pursue both their hobbies at once.
This user liked this post: thatdberight

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:02 pm

If we all want as a nation all the best technology & improvements it'll come with some downsides eventually, regarding the 5G masts it's only natural some people will be concerned & link the coronavirus whether right or wrong, what is definitely wrong though is torching masts without firm & concrete evidence, bacteria generating/communicating with radio waves is what some people could be thinking & acting irrationally.

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:07 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:02 pm
...bacteria generating/communicating with radio waves ...
That could definitely be a thing...

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:14 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:07 pm
That could definitely be a thing...
Well their you have it, it's controversial but it's not difficult to picture a handful of mentally unstable people drawing the wrong conclusions & setting about the masts thinking somehow in a warped way that there are doing some good. Some people have been indoors for quite abit now & the mind can do funny things, I'm ok with it well I think I am, most people will be ok with it but you will get some people behaving oddly & acting out of character.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:37 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:14 pm
Well their you have it, it's controversial but it's not difficult to picture a handful of mentally unstable people drawing the wrong conclusions & setting about the masts thinking somehow in a warped way that there are doing some good. Some people have been indoors for quite abit now & the mind can do funny things, I'm ok with it well I think I am, most people will be ok with it but you will get some people behaving oddly & acting out of character.
Why am I not surprised Mr. Out Of Date Medicine is equivocating over this? Everything you've just posted could be applied to ISIS.

Zero evidence, to my knowledge, that there exists any biological creature with an innate biological or neurological ability to modulate and emit, consciously or otherwise, EM waves in any way shape or form, and it's some leap to believe so in such a tendentious and suspiciously precise manner as this argument requires. EM waves definitely have an effect on cells (the fact we can tell that the sun is hot, for a start), though I'll admit, nanomachine infused bacteria with such an advanced ability would be a fantastic starting point for a sci-fi novel.

EM waves can induce a chemical reaction, altering the cells and thus the functions of cells of living organisms, but as for information being communicated cell-to-cell, one biological creature to another, across a wave? Not a chance.

Jel
Been Liked: 266 times
Has Liked: 1178 times

Post by Jel » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:44 am

LordBob wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:32 pm
This morning I spent an hour reading about 5G and peoples concerns over the damage it could cause but as far as the coronavirus goes there isn't a link but I would recommend reading what I read today, just google 5G and follow the Q&A chart. The reason I have this interest goes back to the early days of mobiles and high frequency transmissions when I was responsible for the building management systems at the Barclaycard centre at Kirkby, Merseyside. Barclaycard broke with BT and used a company called Mercury to transmit data up and down the country and as I was the plantroom keyholder I was present when the Mercury engineers fit the huge dish on the roof and commissioned the system. I had lunch with the engineers and I asked a lot of questions one was why was I not allowed on the roof when they started transmitting he replied by telling me that he had been recruited from Marconi where here work on the development of the forward looking radar on the Nimrod AWAC plane he said this was tested at Tern barracks and they often killed rabbits in the woods, the unit was on a rig firing at a receiver at the edge of the runway. The Barclaycard dish aimed at the tower on Long Lane Fazackerley there it was turned south I said that means the waves pass through high rise flats on Long Lane yep that's right but that's not my problem. Read the Google wiki.
Based on this, you would think 5G should kill Corona virus!

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:05 am

Nice day out there, bit windy.
Loads of dog walkers out this morning, all social distancing.
No one sun bathing or fishing today
Police had to remove 3 fishing from Rowley Lake yesterday, unbelievably.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10237 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:10 am

There's a series of lakes not far from us. The fly-fishing one is shut, sadly, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the carp lads weren't pulling a few cheeky all - nighters down there.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Hipper » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:36 am

Spiral wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:37 pm
Zero evidence, to my knowledge, that there exists any biological creature with an innate biological or neurological ability to modulate and emit, consciously or otherwise, EM waves in any way shape or form, and it's some leap to believe so in such a tendentious and suspiciously precise manner as this argument requires. EM waves definitely have an effect on cells (the fact we can tell that the sun is hot, for a start), though I'll admit, nanomachine infused bacteria with such an advanced ability would be a fantastic starting point for a sci-fi novel.

EM waves can induce a chemical reaction, altering the cells and thus the functions of cells of living organisms, but as for information being communicated cell-to-cell, one biological creature to another, across a wave? Not a chance.
If I was being a pedant I would point out the electro-magnetic radiation covers a vast spectrum including light, X-rays and radio waves. I presume what you are talking about are microwaves which form part of this spectrum.

We all emit electrical waves of some description as we have a lot of electrical activity going on. Fish are known to emit weak electro-magnetic waves, and detect them - see Active electrolocation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroreception

I read somewhere once that rabbits might be able to detect microwaves and perhaps other animals too. Then there's birds and bees that have amazing navigational skills which are not completely understood.

However it is true that no animal is known to harm another one by directing EM waves at them. Of course there is the electric eel and the like but these require contact.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:05 am

thatdberight wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:43 pm
I'm reversing a long-standing position against it.

Some genes are too stupid to risk them propagating.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52164358
Well these muppets are increasing the risk of death to those of us who are obeying the rules. A lot of those still working are reliant on the mobile network including the emergency services but this is nothing new insofar as the Fire and Ambulance services are attacked at times. Hand gel in hospitals has been nicked in recent times putting patients and staff at increased risk

Holmeclaret
Been Liked: 201 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by Holmeclaret » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:27 am

Fear + social media = mob rule

Some of our posters know this well 😉