Boris Johnson moved to intensive care

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10257 times

Re: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:15 pm

Don't be silly, Ringo.
You know darn well I've never accepted there haven't been spiteful etc comments made re Johnson.
All I did was point out your spiteful etc comment re Starmer and Knightley. Sorry and all that but, as you'd say, glass houses....
Anyway, I'm done - this thread looks as though it's on the brink again, I don't want to play any more.
Last edited by evensteadiereddie on Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:31 pm

You dont have to go out of your way really.
Just go on tw*tter. It's full of basket cases
I do agree they dont need their views broadcasting here mind

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:01 am

Steve1956 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:47 pm
His meltdown this morning was comedy gold
Was funnier than that :D Think his little support network on here was supposed to beg him to stay. Once he stops crying he will be back
This user liked this post: Steve1956

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:49 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:57 pm
She's well known for her left-wing views. If you were looking for random rich folk to have a go at, it's a pretty odd choice, no ?
I'd disagree with your "clearly", old chum - why would rich folk be up against a wall turning their pockets out ? That's pathetic even by your standards. You've been caught being a hypocrite yet again so you lie - yet again.
But aye, you crack on. ;)
Come on Eddie, have you had a sense of humour by-pass or something matey ! ? ;) You can hardly compare this, which was plainly said in jest
Burnley Ace wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:12 am
I don’t understand this bullying of the football industry. Why isn’t there a clamour for actors and musicians to donate 30% of their income? I haven’t heard the Law Society being asked to donate £20m to the NHS and there are more millionaire lawyers than football players!
RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:12 am
Keir Starmer and Keira Knightley first against the wall with their pockets out.

Where do I sign?
To this-
Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:19 pm

Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:50 pm

Like I care about Brexit.

Simple fact is the bloke that is supposed to protect us from all this has caught it himself because he didn't act fast enough.

Joke prime minister, if he gets it worse, the NHS should refuse to treat him.
The former is a tongue in cheek pop at wealthy folk chipping in with a few quid.

The latter is someone clearly allowing politics to get in the way of basic humanity to another human being and , essentially, wishing them dead.

Anyway, I'm sure you, like everyone, (save the odd fruit loop) will welcome the news that the Prime Minister's condition is now being described as "making progress"
That has to be great news hasn't it!?

A lovely sunny spring morning and the PM appears to be on the road to recovery!

Reasons to be cheerful

🌤👍🤗🌞

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:19 am

Oh dear, Ringo, so your comment wasn't now taken out of context, it was mere banter, a bit of fun ? ;)
OK, whatever you say, mate, I guess you now need to have another look at others' "spiteful" or er, "callous" remarks and, in the name of fairness and not wanting to come across as a hypocrite, rebrand them as jokey, fun or banter ?

Fwiw, I'm glad the precautions to save Johnson from serious illness have been successful and hope the many thousands of ordinary sufferers are just as fortunate.
End of conversation.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:35 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:49 am
Come on Eddie, have you had a sense of humour by-pass or something matey ! ? ;) You can hardly compare this, which was plainly said in jest

To this-

The former is a tongue in cheek pop at wealthy folk chipping in with a few quid.

The latter is someone clearly allowing politics to get in the way of basic humanity to another human being and , essentially, wishing them dead.

Anyway, I'm sure you, like everyone, (save the odd fruit loop) will welcome the news that the Prime Minister's condition is now being described as "making progress"
That has to be great news hasn't it!?

A lovely sunny spring morning and the PM appears to be on the road to recovery!

Reasons to be cheerful

🌤👍🤗🌞
“First against the wall” means “to be shot” Why did you use that term if you were only jokingly talking about wealthy folk chipping in with a few quid? There is no wall to be first against when paying out money.

As for online hatred, I’ve been told twice recently on social media that I should be “hanged for treason” - simply because I provided cogent reasons why people shouldn’t clap for Johnson. Those “hanged” comments also had several likes - indicating there were other psychopaths agreeing with the sentiment. You don’t have twitter or Facebook, so you don’t have first hand knowledge. I do, and I can tell you that when it comes to advocating the death of someone, 90% of the time it’s a right wing nutcase. I’m probably being generous there, because hardly ever will you see left wing people calling for a person’s murder.

Rightwing politics is focused on fear and hatred. Take any key rightwing talking point: brexit, immigration, public spending - and you have the existential threat. Ruled from Brussels, swamped by migrants, ripped off by scroungers. Left wing politics is about building things, and fixing problems. Human beings react to immediate threats before they set to creating, so right wing politics has an advantage there; but this virus, and climate change will shake things up.
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by keith1879 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:58 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:35 am
“First against the wall” means “to be shot” Why did you use that term if you were only jokingly talking about wealthy folk chipping in with a few quid? There is no wall to be first against when paying out money.

As for online hatred, I’ve been told twice recently on social media that I should be “hanged for treason” - simply because I provided cogent reasons why people shouldn’t clap for Johnson. Those “hanged” comments also had several likes - indicating there were other psychopaths agreeing with the sentiment. You don’t have twitter or Facebook, so you don’t have first hand knowledge. I do, and I can tell you that when it comes to advocating the death of someone, 90% of the time it’s a right wing nutcase. I’m probably being generous there, because hardly ever will you see left wing people calling for a person’s murder.

Rightwing politics is focused on fear and hatred. Take any key rightwing talking point: brexit, immigration, public spending - and you have the existential threat. Ruled from Brussels, swamped by migrants, ripped off by scroungers. Left wing politics is about building things, and fixing problems. Human beings react to immediate threats before they set to creating, so right wing politics has an advantage there; but this virus, and climate change will shake things up.
Great post in my opinion.....a pity that in the modern world of on-line certainties and meaningless platitudes there are very few (if any) people who will actually read it, think about it and judge it on its merits. I thought Brexit had plumbed new depths on here but Covid19 seems to be going very much the same way.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:09 pm

Some people just cant help themselves can they.

We know who doesn't like Boris, or Corbyn, or whoever. Theres thread after thread with the same people stating it, over and over again.
It's perfectly possible to either send good wishes, or clap or whatever, if you feel it helps somehow, without telling us again that you dont like someone.
If you are spending the lockdown arguing with like minded people on tw*tter, then leave it there. Theres no need to transfer that nonsense here.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Hapag Lloyd

HitchinClaret
Been Liked: 67 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by HitchinClaret » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:13 pm

I'd have Keira up against the wall straight away.
Minx
This user liked this post: Volvoclaret

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:24 pm

Damo wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:09 pm
Some people just cant help themselves can they.

We know who doesn't like Boris, or Corbyn, or whoever. Theres thread after thread with the same people stating it, over and over again.
It's perfectly possible to either send good wishes, or clap or whatever, if you feel it helps somehow, without telling us again that you dont like someone.
If you are spending the lockdown arguing with like minded people on tw*tter, then leave it there. Theres no need to transfer that nonsense here.
For once I agree with Damo.
These 2 users liked this post: Damo FactualFrank

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:38 pm

HitchinClaret wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:13 pm
Minx
At last this messageboard is getting back to its original roots !
This user liked this post: Volvoclaret

Volvoclaret
Been Liked: 664 times
Has Liked: 379 times

Post by Volvoclaret » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:04 pm

HitchinClaret wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:13 pm
Minx
So would Boris.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:25 pm

Not in his current state he wouldn't ! :?
This user liked this post: KateR

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:28 pm

Had to laugh at this.....all Johnson's kids have sent him a Get Well Soon card..............
pmcards.jpg
pmcards.jpg (17.68 KiB) Viewed 2261 times

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 3833 times

Post by NewClaret » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:38 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:28 pm
Had to laugh at this.....all Johnson's kids have sent him a Get Well Soon card..............

pmcards.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol:

KateR
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:18 pm

what an absolute load of drivel

Volvoclaret

Post by Volvoclaret » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:49 pm

Pol pot, Stalin, Chairman Mao, all left wingers, not known for fixing things.

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:00 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Devils_Advocate wrote:like
I had the sense to withdraw a stupid generalisation I made last night when it was pointed out to me.

Now's your chance.
These 2 users liked this post: KateR Damo

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:11 pm

Volvoclaret wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:49 pm
Pol pot, Stalin, Chairman Mao, all left wingers, not known for fixing things.
Left wingers? Absolute ********.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5174 times

Post by Rowls » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:13 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:11 pm
Left wingers? Absolute ********.
I think you'll find they were all Communists, which would normally earna definition of "left wing".

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:14 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:00 pm
I had the sense to withdraw a stupid generalisation I made last night when it was pointed out to me.

Now's your chance.
Im comfortable with my like for Andrews post and think there is a lot of difference between what you posted and what Andrew posted

I appreciate where you are coming from but i've looked at it a few times and if you think me liking that post is akin to what you posted the other day then respectfully we'll just have to disagree

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:22 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:14 pm
Im comfortable with my like for Andrews post and think there is a lot of difference between what you posted and what Andrew posted

I appreciate where you are coming from but i've looked at it a few times and if you think me liking that post is akin to what you posted the other day then respectfully we'll just have to disagree
OK. I don't know why you wouldn't wish ill on such people as you seem to think right-wingers are. If I thought left-wingers were so deliberately malign and so dangerous, I'm not sure I'd care much for their health.

I'm not surprised - I may try and rewrite the longer thought I had.
Last edited by thatdberight on Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KateR
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:23 pm

Rowls wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:13 pm
I think you'll find they were all Communists, which would normally earna definition of "left wing".
you can add Venezuela in to the mix, it's a good example of how to fix things and not scare people

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:23 pm

I came on to this thread to wish Boris all the best.

I find myself rudely interrupting a slanging match between people with differing political views

I apologise
These 4 users liked this post: tim_noone FactualFrank Volvoclaret Claretmatt4

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:37 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:22 pm
OK. I don't know why you wouldn't wish ill on such people as you seem to think right-wingers are. If I thought left-wingers were so deliberately malign and so dangerous, I'm not sure I'd care much for their health.

I'm not surprised - I may try and rewrite the longer thought I had.
I haven't wished ill on anyone. I do think that right wing politics uses hate and fear a lot although I accept this is debatable but I haven't judge people who are politically right wing as anything evil, bad or guilty of being hateful and fear mongering.

I think the issue with right wing politics is the people at the top who have the money and power and the mechanisms they put in place and not your everyday normal person who might just have right leaning views

You used the term the left as in people and stated they wished someone ill or dead which is absolutely different.

Im trying to front up and answer honestly to you but im not going to get in a elongated back and forth. Judge me and my opinion as you will but this is how I view the two posts in question

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:57 pm

Down_Rover wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:23 pm
I came on to this thread to wish Boris all the best.

I find myself rudely interrupting a slanging match between people with differing political views

I apologise
We can still wish Boris well.

I fell into the trap of responding to things on here.

We're all at a loose end unfortunately.

ALl the best, Boris!

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8741 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:06 pm

May all ill people get well.
These 5 users liked this post: thatdberight KateR Volvoclaret Rowls Bosscat

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:08 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:37 pm
I haven't wished ill on anyone. I do think that right wing politics uses hate and fear a lot although I accept this is debatable but I haven't judge people who are politically right wing as anything evil, bad or guilty of being hateful and fear mongering.

I think the issue with right wing politics is the people at the top who have the money and power and the mechanisms they put in place and not your everyday normal person who might just have right leaning views

You used the term the left as in people and stated they wished someone ill or dead which is absolutely different.

Im trying to front up and answer honestly to you but im not going to get in a elongated back and forth. Judge me and my opinion as you will but this is how I view the two posts in question
Fine. No prolonged debate although I think trying to hive off "politics" as some sort of independent entity separate from the people who hold such views is a weak argument. If the views are malign, so are the people who hold them. Scruton nailed it.
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:09 pm

Sounds painful...

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4074 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:22 pm

BJ moved out of intensive care.(BBC)
These 9 users liked this post: LeadBelly Vino blanco dermotdermot KateR bfcjg tiger76 FactualFrank Bosscat Aclaret

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:43 pm

Extremely good news.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:45 pm

Positive news.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5086 times
Has Liked: 6901 times

Post by bfcjg » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:53 pm

Any positive news during these dark days is welcome. It's almost as though he is living out the UK in person, slow build up terrible worry and dark news then a corner turned not out of the woods but going in right direction.
Glad for him and his family, he is a vulnerable human like us all.
These 3 users liked this post: FactualFrank Bosscat Aclaret

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:54 pm

Who'd have thought it ?

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 3833 times

Post by NewClaret » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:08 pm

Brilliant news. Delighted.

Had a bad feeling about it, so very pleased to be proved wrong!

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8537 times
Has Liked: 18277 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:11 pm

Perhaps the idiocy can now end on here, lets battle against the virus not each other ffs.

Glad to see Boris out of intensive care..... it gives hope to millions of us all.
👍😀👍

Now lets have everybody stay at home this weekend, and observe the lockdown ... lets beat this horrible thing.
These 3 users liked this post: FactualFrank KateR Rowls

Volvoclaret

Post by Volvoclaret » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:19 pm

Spot on Boss.😉

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1029 times
Has Liked: 1521 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:47 pm

G'wan Boris Lad!

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:10 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:00 pm

Now's your chance.
It was a broad brush statement, and of course there are no absolutes in anything, I should also point out that I’m not referring to ordinary people, but our political elites. Trump could be held up as an example of a right winger having some positivity in his campaign - bringing jobs back to the US, and draining the swamp, but there was a huge amount of negativity too, drawing on fear and racism, and on balance there was a lot more negativity. Consider Brexit. The rightwing remainers gave us project fear, and the other side gave us posters of long lines of refugees. There was the positive bus poster, but that turned out to be a cynical lie. Do you remember Labour or LibDems or Greens (from either side) playing on fears and anxiety?

The reason the right do this is because they can’t run on a “we are looking out for the interests of the rich” platform (that is what they do when in office, and that’s why the majority of their funding comes from rich people), so they need to divert the public’s attention away from this with things like immigration (hence you get people in towns like Burnley that have had a falling population for a hundred years say “this country is too full”), the EU, Muslim terrorists, benefit cheats (there is no end to the potential list of bogeymen) to distract and rile people up.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:12 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:58 pm
I know that there was at least one other poster that said something along the lines that they wished Boris recovery like they wished everyone else in hospital (or who had the virus) etc. They didn’t get jumped on like you.
I believe that is what you meant to say and like you say it was probably not worded the best.

Irrespective it is nothing like the extreme views we have heard from the mayor etc and nobody on here has said anything remotely like that so not really sure why it’s been mentioned on here. Let’s not pretend that whoever was PM or who ever got ill on either party there would not be some fruit loop somewhere on social media putting on a stupid comment or saying they were pleased or deserved it. Giving these idiots more “airtime” on here serves no purpose.
The mayor in :?: has paid the price for her inappropriate comments https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-der ... -52224325

In the interests of balance does anybody have any updates on the Labour MP Tony Lloyd,the latest i can find is from 3 days ago,and he was stable and responding to treatment,hopefully he'll make a speedy recovery as the PM appears to be doing.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8537 times
Has Liked: 18277 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:41 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:12 pm
The mayor in :?: has paid the price for her inappropriate comments https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-der ... -52224325

In the interests of balance does anybody have any updates on the Labour MP Tony Lloyd,the latest i can find is from 3 days ago,and he was stable and responding to treatment,hopefully he'll make a speedy recovery as the PM appears to be doing.
No idea Tiger about Tony Lloyd but I wish him a speedy recovery like Boris appears now to be having 👍😀👍

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:47 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:06 pm
May all ill people get well.
God bless us, every one!

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:35 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:12 pm

That ghastly woman’s comments are mild compared to those made by Corbyn associate and RMT union leader one Steve Hedley. Hopefully he will be relieved of his £100,000 job as well. A truly vile individual.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Joe Buck
Been Liked: 80 times
Has Liked: 22 times

Post by Joe Buck » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:44 pm

Genuinely glad he’s getting through this but hope it’s acknowledged that the NHS has saved him. Not his inner resolve or his Churchillian spirit .
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:00 pm

dermotdermot wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:35 pm
That ghastly woman’s comments are mild compared to those made by Corbyn associate and RMT union leader one Steve Hedley. Hopefully he will be relieved of his £100,000 job as well. A truly vile individual.
I'd have thought Mr Hedley would have been busy supporting his members during this crisis,is it a valid argument to expect his members to receive the adequate protection absolutely,and i'd 100% back that POV,however his crass personal attacks are totally uncalled for,and an official in a senior role has to behave in a fitting manner,if that's the attitude of the Corbyn wing of the Labour Party it's no wonder they were rejected at the ballot box.
These 2 users liked this post: RingoMcCartney LeadBelly

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:38 pm

AndrewJB wrote:

I think you've answered your question Andrew! Why use that term? It was for comedic effect! It was said in the context of the finger being pointed about well paid footballers not donating money to the NHS. When there wasn't similar demands of actors, musicians and lawyers. The subject was money, wealth. As you say, "there is no wall to be first against when paying out money." Nor is there there "anything to sign" as I'd said. It was fictitious, it was ....... a joke about money.

Claret on a Trex made this comment, knowing full well the PM was already suffering from this hideous virus. There was nothing made up or make believe about his, already serious, condition whatsoever.
Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:19 pm

Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:50 pm

Joke prime minister, if he gets it worse, the NHS should refuse to treat him.
Thank God, it looks as if the PM is over the worst. With the staff at St Thomas's hospital not taking the advice of a bloke on a football message board! And deserving the rousing applause and cheers on my street and on countless streets, across the grateful and appreciative nation, for their efforts.

Another fabulous, and growing, tribute for those on the front line of this horrendous epidemic. On that , I'm sure we can both agree!

Gu' Lad Boris and well done all the staff. A big "Thank you" from McCartney Towers.

🤗👍
This user liked this post: Bosscat

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:40 am

Bloody hell, I bet you bought flowers for Diana, too.

(Joke, banter, fun.)

In all seriousness and with the full respect demanded by the sticky at the top of this thread, the big news for me yesterday was the death of the doctor who first flagged up the shortage of PPE way back on March 18th. Abdul Mabud Chowdhury, a consultant urologist, was admitted to hospital five days later, not as a precaution but because he was seriously ill, and died of the virus on Wednesday.
What a senseless, tragic waste.
Last edited by evensteadiereddie on Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:44 am

tiger76 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:00 pm
I'd have thought Mr Hedley would have been busy supporting his members during this crisis,is it a valid argument to expect his members to receive the adequate protection absolutely,and i'd 100% back that POV,however his crass personal attacks are totally uncalled for,and an official in a senior role has to behave in a fitting manner,if that's the attitude of the Corbyn wing of the Labour Party it's no wonder they were rejected at the ballot box.

Don't cry about it, he was probably joking and that, apparently, makes it all OK. ;)

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2341 times
Has Liked: 1041 times

Post by Clarets4me » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:34 am

As I do with anyone who's suffering with the Convid19 virus, I wish Boris Johnson a continued and speedy recovery.
It will be a sure sign that we are reverting to normality when the nation's press are not so much concerned as to which type of bed the Prime Minister is sleeping in, but in whose !
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie FactualFrank

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:41 pm

Not bad, not bad at all, C4m.
This user liked this post: Clarets4me