ARTICLE: That was the week that was

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32243 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

ARTICLE: That was the week that was

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:33 pm

Today's game to remember, replacing what should have been a home game today against Sheffield United, is the end of a six day run in January 2016 when we won three away game in cup and then league. The match featured is the one at Brentford.

See link
https://www.uptheclarets.com/that-was-the-week-that-was

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 534 times
Has Liked: 185 times

Re: ARTICLE: That was the week that was

Post by ClaretLoup » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:04 pm

Interesting to note that only Mee and Lowton are the only survivors from the 17 on duty that night at Brentford which shows how quickly clubs turn over their rosters and what a great job the gaffer has done transforming the team to one that is now in its fourth season in the Premier League and half way up the table.
These 2 users liked this post: bfcmik bodge

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:27 pm

I was at the Brentford game that Friday night.
After the match I went to one of the nearby pubs with a friend of mine who follows Brentford. We were sat round a table with some of his mates, all Brentford fans.

One of these blokes told me that in 50 years of watching Brentford Scott Arfields goal was the best he had ever seen at Griffin Park. He said the build up had been brilliant and finished off with a fantastic strike from Arfield. He was purring about our team, and no wonder after that great performace.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32243 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:41 pm

ClaretLoup wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:04 pm
Interesting to note that only Mee and Lowton are the only survivors from the 17 on duty that night at Brentford which shows how quickly clubs turn over their rosters and what a great job the gaffer has done transforming the team to one that is now in its fourth season in the Premier League and half way up the table.
We don’t seem to change the team that much but nine of them gone within three and a half years.