Excited for next season!!!

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Guller Bull
Been Liked: 785 times
Has Liked: 1011 times

Excited for next season!!!

Post by Guller Bull » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:08 pm

Yeah I know this one isn't done yet but just watching highlights has got me excited and thinking through the squad and the possibilities, I think it could be a really good blend.

Bear in mind I haven't scoured contracts so correct me where you need and if you feel anyone is going to be strong enough from development to make the step up?

Keepers - Hopefully Pope stays and BPF gets a sniff - Probably Hart to go and one in or come through development

Defenders - Lowton/Bardsley Possibly one goes.
Tarkowski - hope he stays but feeling he will move - perhaps need a replacement
Gibson? Gone?
Long - never lets us down and would be delighted for him to be in and around
Mee - Hopefully stays and works his captain fantastic magic with a new partner if as I fear JT goes.
Taylor - Excited to see him and Dwight develop that understanding down the left.
Anyone going to be strong enough from development to push Charlie or do we need to buy?

Midfield:

Rumours around Brady/ Hendrick departures so need to replace as and when
Westwood , Dwight and Cork have been superb recently with Brownhill to come through and show us what we have signed. Big hopes for him.
JBG and Aaaron are a bit hit and miss due to injury etc

This is maybe the area ( and probably has been for a while that needs some back up/reinforcement - what have we got again waiting in the wings?

Strikers: I honestly would be happy to go with what we have got already in terms of a group of strikers that give us options and can work together with each other.

What does everyone else feel we need?

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Re: Excited for next season!!!

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:14 pm

football will not be the same for a good while, surely to goodness the silly money that has been spent by some clubs needs to be curbed - that would be one of the positives to come out of this mess
These 4 users liked this post: tim_noone Guller Bull Blackrod MT03ALG

bodge
Been Liked: 729 times
Has Liked: 475 times

Post by bodge » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:21 pm

What on earth are you doing Guller Bull, this is a board for pandemic experts and apparatchiks from both sides of the political divide proving to all and sundry how clever they are, football is verboten !!!!

As you've raised this out of fashion topic, i may as well join in.

First thing on my shopping list is a right back, someone quick who can match Taylor's endeavour on the other side and allow us to threaten on both flanks.

Gibson's inevitable departure means a centre back is vital as well.

Oh and a centre mid and someone wide right an all.

That my friend is my wish list.
These 4 users liked this post: Guller Bull KateR dushanbe morpheus2

Guller Bull

Post by Guller Bull » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:21 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:14 pm
football will not be the same for a good while, surely to goodness the silly money that has been spent by some clubs needs to be curbed - that would be one of the positives to come out of this mess

I am hoping it will be better and that there may be a return to values however short term that may be.
This user liked this post: KateR

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:33 pm

bodge wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:21 pm
What on earth are you doing Guller Bull, this is a board for pandemic experts and apparatchiks from both sides of the political divide proving to all and sundry how clever they are, football is verboten !!!!

As you've raised this out of fashion topic, i may as well join in.

First thing on my shopping list is a right back, someone quick who can match Taylor's endeavour on the other side and allow us to threaten on both flanks.

Gibson's inevitable departure means a centre back is vital as well.

Oh and a centre mid and someone wide right an all.

That my friend is my wish list.
You forgot pessimistic doom mongering.

There will not be a next season for 2 years.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2540 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:40 pm

I cannot wait until we can proceed with a football calendar. I'm watching too many old videos on YouTube at the moment.

For my money, we could do with recruiting 3 players. A right back, followed by a centre half to replace Gibson and a midfield player. It would be nice to have a right-sided wide man, although I'm tempted to think Brownhill will take up this role. If Vydra goes, another forward would then be needed.

Who exactly we bring in will depend on the state of our finances when we can finally get back to it.
This user liked this post: Guller Bull

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:49 am

Finally, a football thread!! Also excited!

Hoping this disruption works to our favour in the sense there’s less transfer activity in the window (whenever that is) and we get to hang on to our squad.

In terms of signings, and assuming Norwich and Bournemouth go down, I’d love:

- Buendia (great on the ball, top passer, different to anything we’ve got, would love to see him playing Vydra through, but probably precludes us playing 2 up front though unless he replaced Hendrick in an inverted right midfield role)

- Billing (was impressed with him at the Turf, absolute unit, young, defensive midfield role covered for years, would strengthen us even more in the air)

- Eliasson, Bristol for RW (not watched him live but looks a great crosser on YT! Quick and skilful. Assume SD can get the lowdown on attitude, work rate, etc. from Brownhill. Samuel and Eze at QPR look similarly skilful players but seem to hang on to the ball a lot longer than Eliasson - don’t imagine Dyche will like that).

Agree RB would be great but Tripps seems keen on a return so I’d be happy to go with Lowton/Bards for another year if it left a space open for him in the squad.

Having said all this we’ll likely just spend the window searching for a new centre half to replace Gibson :lol: :lol:

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18214 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:56 am

Whats this a football thread ... :roll:

Anyone would think this is a Football Forum ffs ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Got to say the OP has sort of echoed my thoughts regarding replacements for players possibly moving on (obviously I hope the likes of Tarka and Dwight remain but money talks in this business).

Cheers OP
👍😎👍

Guller Bull

Post by Guller Bull » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:05 am

I know Bosscat - I did take a bit of risky punt with this thread probably should have stuck to the usual safe topics. :mrgreen:

I feel less certain now given the circumstance about Tarka (I'm re reading that book again now after many years) departure and feel that he may stay at least till things settle down a bit -January window perhaps - who knows.

I would be interested to know who is on the fringes of being ready for a step up from development as this may be the way to go at the moment if there are one or two departures.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:06 am

Do we think Hendrick might possibly be rethinking his contract situation with the current uncertainty around?That's assuming the offer is still on the table for him.

Guller Bull

Post by Guller Bull » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:12 am

Just my thoughts, but I think footballers like everyone at the moment, are not going to jump into making rash decisions, particulary when you are perhaps coming towards the latter years of what is a short career. I suppose it depends on how far down the line the suggested move to Celtic had gone (if at all?)

beddie
Been Liked: 1406 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by beddie » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:13 am

If Tarky did go this summer could we see Gibson return? Obviously I was not privy to what went on but with the offer of first team action along with clear the air talks with SD is that a possibility or has it got past that?

Guller Bull

Post by Guller Bull » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:16 am

beddie wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:13 am
If Tarky did go this summer could we see Gibson return? Obviously I was not privy to what went on but with the offer of first team action along with clear the air talks with SD is that a possibility or has it got past that?

Financially it would make sense. But maybe there is more to it in terms of willingness, stubbornness compliance and maybe ability

Dy1geo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by Dy1geo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:18 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:06 am
Do we think Hendrick might possibly be rethinking his contract situation with the current uncertainty around?That's assuming the offer is still on the table for him.
It would be interesting if the club are looking again at his offer and it would be interesting if we now take the option of extending Brady’s contract. The feeling a few months ago was that we would with a view to possibly offload for a few quid but it maybe now that there maybe no buyers especially with a potential glut of players available for free.

I expect Lennon and Hart to be released and it would be a great “window” if we kept hold of Tarks, McNeill and Pope

EarbyClaret
Been Liked: 499 times

Post by EarbyClaret » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:21 am

I'd echo the hope that the financial uncertainty created by recent events drastically scales down activity in a transfer window - whenever there is one.

Our squad looks pretty good as it is and bearing in mind our business model is likely to remain investing in proven Championship talent we may be better placed than those who look further afield to strengthen. The biggest challenge is likely to be more clubs shopping in the same market.

I'm more confident our most sought after players will stay put - bearing in mind their potential price tags - at least until football finances re-calibrate.

Beyond BFC I'm hoping the over-inflated football bubble has been burst and the game finds more ways to re-connect with its roots - although I'm not expecting many of us to be able to attend a game in person for a long time.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18214 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:23 am

Guller Bull wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:05 am
I know Bosscat - I did take a bit of risky punt with this thread probably should have stuck to the usual safe topics. :mrgreen:

I feel less certain now given the circumstance about Tarka (I'm re reading that book again now after many years) departure and feel that he may stay at least till things settle down a bit -January window perhaps - who knows.

I would be interested to know who is on the fringes of being ready for a step up from development as this may be the way to go at the moment if there are one or two departures.
No its good to try new ideas on here ... novel idea trying a Football thread ;) and for that I congratulate you :D

Keeps the Forum from going Stagnant :D
These 2 users liked this post: Guller Bull tiger76

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2461 times
Has Liked: 1991 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:26 am

My big fear is Nick Pope being snaffled by a “big” club. He is irreplaceable in the short term.
Don’t think any of the top teams would steal Tarks and your wealthy mid table teams are just a sideways move. Hope he stays.
Happy everywhere else on the pitch. A stronger bench would be a plus.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:32 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Depends really if he has agreements in place elsewhere (Celtic, Newcastle, etc). In these situations, agents will leak half truths to the media. If there was nothing really certain with that interest, suspect it will put us in a better position re-sign him now. If I were a footballer, I’d be very keen not to be out of contract in a few months.

Hope he does extend.

Guller Bull

Post by Guller Bull » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:39 am

What are people expecting with Brownhill? - got to be honest I know little about him (need to go and watch some YouT highlights). I have heard that he shows signs of being a strong leader.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:41 am

Guller Bull wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:16 am
Financially it would make sense. But maybe there is more to it in terms of willingness, stubbornness compliance and maybe ability
No idea what’s gone on, but from a position of ignorance he seems to have the wrong attitude. Do not like players that (seemingly) spit their dummy out just because they didn’t get a move they wanted. Fine with him wanting a move, but he has to accept both the timing and finances have to be right for the club before it can happen, otherwise it’s highly unprofessional.

Doubt we’ll get fair value for him now so would hope he’s either used as a makeweight for a deal for one of the above players, or made to see out his contract not playing. Would have no issue with Burnley being a club that stands up to a petulant player.

Only way back is a very grovelling and public apology to Dyche, in my view.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2594 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:42 am

I'm not where Tarkowski would go where he'd be first choice, that's a real step up from us. I'd suggest his best chance of playing at the euros next summer is staying here. Chelsea's interest in pope is more of a concern.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32406 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:46 am

quoonbeatz wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:42 am
I'm not where Tarkowski would go where he'd be first choice, that's a real step up from us. I'd suggest his best chance of playing at the euros next summer is staying here. Chelsea's interest in pope is more of a concern.
I tend to agree with Tarky but there have to be concerns over some players because it is clear that we are going to have to get some money into the club and a sale is the best way to do it.

Dy1geo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by Dy1geo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:56 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:46 am
I tend to agree with Tarky but there have to be concerns over some players because it is clear that we are going to have to get some money into the club and a sale is the best way to do it.
Could it not be done cutting wage bill by not taking out options on players such as Brady, Dunne and O’Neill and letting Lennon and Hart and possibly Bardsley go

Guller Bull

Post by Guller Bull » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:00 am

I suppose the problem there comes down to "value" and "climate" - loads of clubs are going to be in similar positions (many far worse). Whilst selling a top asset might be the only way to remain viable, i doubt we will get the values previously touted. However on the other side of the divide players lower down the triangle will probably represent far better value for money as clubs struggle to survive.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:02 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:46 am
We have no idea about how we will end up after this is over financially, losing 50m worst case scenario if the season ends now? Maybe next season has to be behind closed doors?

And nobody could complain if we sold players to make up the shortfall, the only worry is it will be a buyers market. Plenty of decent players available on free transfers rather than the likes of Tarky going for 45m.

Our best hope is trimming the squad and keeping a strong a starting X1 as possible. Praying for minimal injuries.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:02 am

Dy1geo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:56 am
Could it not be done cutting wage bill by not taking out options on players such as Brady, Dunne and O’Neill and letting Lennon and Hart and possibly Bardsley go
Letting four first team squad players go like that would cost us money in replacing them. With Garlick's amazing running out of money comments, if the season doesn't finish then I suspect some big sales where possible.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:10 am

EarbyClaret wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:21 am
I'd echo the hope that the financial uncertainty created by recent events drastically scales down activity in a transfer window - whenever there is one.
How dare anyone suggest that footballers' wages are cut? Don't we all know how much the tax on footballers' wages contributes to the NHS? Surely, they should have a pay rise....

and then there are all their other charitable contributions to the community....

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Only kidding.

UTC

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:14 am

Guller Bull wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:39 am
What are people expecting with Brownhill? - got to be honest I know little about him (need to go and watch some YouT highlights). I have heard that he shows signs of being a strong leader.
He will be excellent in the final games of 2019/20 season....

UTC

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:20 am

At least we have two replacements already lined up if players leave:

Bailey Peacock-Farrell for Pope
Brownhill for Hendrick

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2461 times
Has Liked: 1991 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:24 am

Other PL clubs will be in far worse financial straits than us and the value of their expensive squads will plummet compared to our “journeymen”. They will pretty much hold their value just by being seasoned PL players.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:36 am

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:24 am
Other PL clubs will be in far worse financial straits than us and the value of their expensive squads will plummet compared to our “journeymen”. They will pretty much hold their value just by being seasoned PL players.
I'm not too sure that will be the case. Based on all previous actions by the "football authorities" I can see a case being made for "financial fair play" rules being put aside and all the billionaire club owners being allowed to put in financial support that is many times, in relative terms, the support being put into all the western economies by respective governments.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:39 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:02 am
We have no idea about how we will end up after this is over financially, losing 50m worst case scenario if the season ends now? Maybe next season has to be behind closed doors?

And nobody could complain if we sold players to make up the shortfall, the only worry is it will be a buyers market. Plenty of decent players available on free transfers rather than the likes of Tarky going for 45m.

Our best hope is trimming the squad and keeping a strong a starting X1 as possible. Praying for minimal injuries.
Think the £50m is very worst case scenario. Does feel like Garlick was prepping us for a sample with those comments though.

I very much expect the season to restart, probably behind closed doors. That means we lose match day income but you’d imagine that will hurt us a lot less than the clubs with higher attendances. We also have cash in the bank, presumably to help see us through times like this. Assuming the season restarts, we lose £5m or so. Shouldn’t fundamentally necessitate sales when you have £40m in the bank.

Selling at what will undoubtedly be market lows would be a bad idea in the longer term. What was it Warren Buffet said? Buy while others are fearful, sell when others are brave?

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:43 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sadly not already got one foot in at Celtic and his agent has sorted a phenomenal deal for him. It may delay with everything going on off pitch.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:44 am

Bfcboyo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:43 am
Sadly not already got one foot in at Celtic and his agent has sorted a phenomenal deal for him. It may delay with everything going on off pitch.
When it comes to finances Celtic can't come close to matching our wages.

Jamesy
Been Liked: 791 times
Has Liked: 526 times

Post by Jamesy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:53 am

I think we can all expect increased season ticket prices for 2021/22 season to recoup a fraction of the players salaries we will have had to pay during the long period of inactivity. I think Garlick’s polite plea for players to help out has fallen on deaf ears.
Forget the Premier League players combined 4 million quid to help NHS, that is a drop in the ocean when you look at the salaries the players command. If they all paid equal amount, 20 squads of 25 players equals 500 players. 4 million quid divided by 500 players equals 8k each. Average weekly wage of premier league players is 67k. Yes I know the average is pushed up because of high earners like Pogba, Ozil et.al. however I am hoping our players do the right thing for the short and long term sustainability of Burnley Football Club.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:53 am

Spijed wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:44 am
As it stands at the moment I believe it is unlikely that Hendrick will be signing a new deal. Celtic? He’d be on worse money playing in a lesser league.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:01 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:53 am
As it stands at the moment I believe it is unlikely that Hendrick will be signing a new deal. Celtic? He’d be on worse money playing in a lesser league.
There'd be positives about signing for Celtic though. Chance to play in his favoured position, guaranteed silverware every year, along with the chance to play in the Champions league. Plus playing for Celtic usually seems quite appealing for the Irish lads.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:05 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:01 pm
There'd be positives about signing for Celtic though. Chance to play in his favoured position, guaranteed silverware every year, along with the chance to play in the Champions league. Plus playing for Celtic usually seems quite appealing for the Irish lads.
Although the suggestion has been that he’s not signed a new contract with us because of the money offered

bodge

Post by bodge » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:06 pm

Jamesy - I'm pretty sure it was Ben Mee who went on record in the last week to state that if the club is struggling the players will help out. Thankfully our squad are a good grounded bunch by the sounds of it.

Jamesy

Post by Jamesy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:19 pm

Where did you see that? I’m just concerned that our club will struggle as the months tick on and we are still having to service the massive wage bill. Yes many in our squad are a decent bunch, however I think Ben and co shouldn’t wait until we are struggling.

bodge

Post by bodge » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:42 pm

It was in the "Ben Mee article in the Guardian" thread, you can find it referred to if you use the search facility Jamesy. The Guardian article will also of course refer to it but not sure if it's still there..

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:56 pm

Spijed wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:44 am
Looked this up when news first broke and their income is marginally higher than ours when in the CL.

Jamesy

Post by Jamesy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:59 pm

bodge wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:42 pm
It was in the "Ben Mee article in the Guardian" thread, you can find it referred to if you use the search facility Jamesy. The Guardian article will also of course refer to it but not sure if it's still there..
Cheers. I wasn’t doubting the validity of your post, I just hadn’t read or was aware of the article.
This user liked this post: bodge

MT03ALG
Been Liked: 429 times
Has Liked: 4555 times

Post by MT03ALG » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:08 pm

For next season, read next year - new season may start in January 2021....

Guller Bull

Post by Guller Bull » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:24 pm

I'll be even more excited by then - I will hardly be able to contain my excitement. I will be like a puppy - wagging its tail and p*ssing at the same time!

If I make it!

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:38 pm

Spijed wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:20 am
At least we have two replacements already lined up if players leave:

Bailey Peacock-Farrell for Pope
Brownhill for Hendrick
From what I have seen of B P-F for Leeds and for the u23s I think Billy Mercer is going to have to work his magic more than ever this time. Hopefully we can keep Pope for at least another season but there are big clubs like Chelsea hovering around so could be difficult.

Don’t want Jeff to leave but looking forward to seeing Brownhill in a burnley shirt.

Tbh I’m looking forward to seeing any of our team in a burnley shirt !

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1997 times
Has Liked: 1142 times

Post by FCBurnley » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:47 pm

Think Hart Brady Hendrick Lennon and maybe Lowton will go. Think Vydra will stay. Assuming Gibson already gone. If above is correct we will need a Right Back , back up central defender. Wide right player. That would do nicely assuming JBG and Barnes get back to full fitness

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:35 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:38 pm
From what I have seen of B P-F for Leeds and for the u23s I think Billy Mercer is going to have to work his magic more than ever this time. Hopefully we can keep Pope for at least another season but there are big clubs like Chelsea hovering around so could be difficult.
Bit worrying. Thought he was highly rated?

Given keepers are generally injured less than other outfield players, I don’t personally want to have an expensive back up keeper on the bench, but we do need a good young prospect capable of deputising for a few months!

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:14 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:35 pm
Bit worrying. Thought he was highly rated?

Given keepers are generally injured less than other outfield players, I don’t personally want to have an expensive back up keeper on the bench, but we do need a good young prospect capable of deputising for a few months!
A lot of Leeds fans were delighted to get £3.5m for him.
If you watch the Leeds documentary on Prime it looks like he made a few howlers and it became the managers no 1 priority to get a new keeper in the transfer window.

They then signed Kiko Casilla - ex champion league winner but getting on a bit and he’d had a couple of big injuries and hadn’t returned to playing yet when Leeds signed him. As soon as he was fit he went straight into the side and they dropped B F-P but when you look at the rest of the season Casilla made a number of howlers too but he kept his place.

Mercer has got a great track record so he couldn’t be at a better place to develop than Burnley

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:23 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:38 pm

Don’t want Jeff to leave but looking forward to seeing Brownhill in a burnley shirt.

Tbh I’m looking forward to seeing any of our team in a burnley shirt !
And how often did you see him play for Leeds and how often have you seen him play for the under-23s?