Season T

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Re: Season T

Post by paulatky » Tue May 05, 2020 11:14 am

Grumps wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:09 am
Lesuire will be hounded by him now for weeks by saying "nobody knows" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Will have to see. I have time on my hands today after varnishing the lids on the coffee and tea jars yesterday.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Tue May 05, 2020 11:28 am

paulatky wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:14 am
Will have to see. I have time on my hands today after varnishing the lids on the coffee and tea jars yesterday.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Leisure
Been Liked: 3787 times
Has Liked: 12479 times

Post by Leisure » Tue May 05, 2020 1:05 pm

paulatky wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:09 am
No but you can have an educated stab at what you think.

At dont think crowds at PL will return before 1st January 2021
OK. I'll let the club know that to see if that's good enough for them to allow them to refund all ST monies. :D

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Tue May 05, 2020 1:11 pm

Leisure wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 1:05 pm
OK. I'll let the club know that to see if that's good enough for them to allow them to refund all ST monies. :D
Its worrying if the top brass at the PL and at our club dont know that !!!

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue May 05, 2020 1:59 pm

Grumps wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:22 am
I get all of that, but just a simple statement saying what they will do when it's confirmed the city game is cancelled for fans, ( doesn't bother me as I was abroad and didn't have a ticket). what they intend to do when home games are cancelled, will they refund season ticket holders? What percentage ?

Its called keeping your customers informed. They will know what they intend to do, I don't want exact dates, or amounts, just a clue if any money is likely to be coming my way, or not. I don't think it's too much to ask in these strange times
Well said. some think its just black and white.

We could just all cancel. Sure they would communicate then. 8-)

Targetman
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Tue May 05, 2020 2:47 pm

Over the years the club, in my opinion, have never been forthcoming with information to the fans, why that is I really don`t know.

During the last few seasons they have been very secretive regarding ticket sales for away games, particularly regarding quantity allocations from other clubs. Only this season after pressure from fans groups have they decided to announce the total number of away tickets we have been allocated before the sale starts.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Tue May 05, 2020 8:30 pm

paulatky wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:12 am
Where did I say everyone would die from it.
I said there would be 500,000 extra deaths from civid-19 this year without any restrictions.

My wife often disagrees with me but sometimes gets upset how people respond to my posts and supports me by posting herself.
Weird how your ‘wife’ hasn’t posted on here since you were outed.

Weird how your ‘wife’ would post this too...

‘A poster called Paul seems to have called must things right from the start, lowbank another‘

Let’s face it, you are just a very dishonest person. Despite being given the chance to hold your hand up and admit to posting on two accounts and agreeing with your own posts you fabricated a cock and bull excuse. I guess people will continue to pull you up on this until you admit it.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Tue May 12, 2020 9:44 am

After yesterday's announcement, Norwich are repaying season ticket holders for this seasons missed games.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:48 am

beddie
Been Liked: 1406 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by beddie » Tue May 12, 2020 10:01 am

I'm sure the Club will announce something in due course although personally I think they're better waiting until it's actually agreed by all parties. I'm more concerned about the possibility of us having to pay back the TV money.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:18 am

beddie wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:01 am
I'm sure the Club will announce something in due course although personally I think they're better waiting until it's actually agreed by all parties. I'm more concerned about the possibility of us having to pay back the TV money.
That could be a while though and whatever the premier league decide it will all be subject to change so anything a club announces on next season will also be subject to season.
I think what Brighton have done is pretty sensible and gives the legal option they have to do in refunding ST holders but also gives other options to fans if they don’t want the refund.
I know some fans might want to wait till they see the financial predicament of the club before deciding but again think that will all be ifs and buts for a while.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue May 12, 2020 11:41 am

Perhaps the club could offer the fans options to convert existing payments Into shares or vouchers.

I would be less inclined to want a refund if I could use it in such a way.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue May 12, 2020 12:55 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:41 am
Perhaps the club could offer the fans options to convert existing payments Into shares or vouchers.

I would be less inclined to want a refund if I could use it in such a way.
I'm opposite, I dont buy anything from the club shop these days.
Cant even use it on my 13 year old as all the shirts have gambling on with him being in a "small" sized shirt.

Could offer coupons for the match day food/drinks but I've been sweving that too for over a year now due to the poor quality and over crowding.

What would the actual amount of money die back be, about £80?

I'd take a couple of seasons worth of home cup games "free"
Granted it'd only be about games 3 at tops :lol: :lol: :lol: but saves the club not paying out, and should greatly enhance the cup games gates, experience and atmosphere.

I'm sure many will need that money if laid off, furloughed etc in these uncertain times
Last edited by MACCA on Tue May 12, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claretdj
Been Liked: 284 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by claretdj » Tue May 12, 2020 12:59 pm

I want my money back ASAP due to being furloughed untill July @ the earliest.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:05 pm

MACCA wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:55 pm
I'm opposite, I dont buy anything from the club shop these days.
Cant even use it on my 13 year old as all the shirts have gambling on with him being in a "small" sized shirt.

Could offer coupons for the match day food/drinks but I've been sweving that too for over a year now due to the poor quality and over crowding.

What would the actual amount of money die back be, about £80?

I'd take a couple of seasons worth of home cup games "free"
Granted it's only be about 3 at tops, but saves the club not paying out, and should greatly enhance the cup games gates, experience and atmosphere
Sounds like on the Brighton scheme if you are a season ticket holder and want a refund and you are on monthly direct debit they are going to reduce your direct debit payments for next years ST by the equivalent refund.
Operationally sorting out the refunds is another issue (and cost) for clubs but they don’t really have any other option than to make a refund available in some form or other to those who want it.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue May 12, 2020 1:06 pm

Cup games is a decent suggestion.

Given it’s unlikely we will go in the turf before next year there will be a lot more cancellations to come. But the club can’t afford to lose that money or indeed fans. So a plan needs drafting up.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue May 12, 2020 1:12 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:05 pm
Sounds like on the Brighton scheme if you are a season ticket holder and want a refund and you are on monthly direct debit they are going to reduce your direct debit payments for next years ST by the equivalent refund.
Operationally sorting out the refunds is another issue (and cost) for clubs but they don’t really have any other option than to make a refund available in some form or other to those who want it.
Very tricky situation, and there won't be a solution that fits all.
I'm happy reducing next years DD, however person B might not renew now due to job loss, financial reasons etc.

Think they'll need to be 2 or 3 options available to each person to be honest, unless they just refund everyone then its upto the individual then, it could be the easiest way.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:14 pm

MACCA wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:12 pm
Very tricky situation, and there won't be a solution that fits all.
I'm happy reducing next years DD, however person B might not renew now due to job loss, financial reasons etc.

Think they'll need to be 2 or 3 options available to each person to be honest, unless they just refund everyone then its upto the individual then, it could be the easiest way.
If you aren’t renewing then they have to refund you with the cash if that’s what you want. Same with those who have paid for their ST all in one amount.
I am sure the club will give us options - I just hope they don’t pull any Ryanair type stunts !!

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue May 12, 2020 1:22 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:14 pm
If you aren’t renewing then they have to refund you with the cash if that’s what you want. Same with those who have paid for their ST all in one amount.
I am sure the club will give us options - I just hope they don’t pull any Ryanair type stunts !!
Ryanair, easyjet and love holidays for me.
Was told theyd refund me in 30 days on 28th March, still waiting.
We returned to work Monday, a few weeks earlier than originally planned, its happen a good job I didn't rely on the money coming in to see me through to June...

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:43 pm

MACCA wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:22 pm
Ryanair, easyjet and love holidays for me.
Was told theyd refund me in 30 days on 28th March, still waiting.
We returned to work Monday, a few weeks earlier than originally planned, its happen a good job I didn't rely on the money coming in to see me through to June...
What Ryanair are doing is to put it mildly illegal.
They have been reported to the Civil Aviation authority for what they have been doing in offering people this voucher after saying initially they could have a refund. I’m in the same boat - promised a refund in mid March. Told I would get it in writing - then a month later get an email offering me the voucher with no way of saying no.
That dodgy owner is now backtracking saying it’s an operational issue and people will get refunded but it will take a long time.
Ryanair actually pulled out of the Civil Aviation complaints scheme that most airlines are in. That basically meant individuals can’t complain to them about Ryanair !!

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Tue May 12, 2020 2:01 pm

Tue May 12, 2020 1:06 pm

Given it’s unlikely we will go in the turf before next year there will be a lot more cancellations to come. But the club can’t afford to lose that money or indeed fans. So a plan needs drafting up.
Good idea, option to buy cup games with your balance. Only one downside, they’ll probably charge full price and not discount the early games (the only ones we’ll be in)

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Tue May 12, 2020 2:18 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:43 pm
What Ryanair are doing is to put it mildly illegal.
They have been reported to the Civil Aviation authority for what they have been doing in offering people this voucher after saying initially they could have a refund. I’m in the same boat - promised a refund in mid March. Told I would get it in writing - then a month later get an email offering me the voucher with no way of saying no.
That dodgy owner is now backtracking saying it’s an operational issue and people will get refunded but it will take a long time.
Ryanair actually pulled out of the Civil Aviation complaints scheme that most airlines are in. That basically meant individuals can’t complain to them about Ryanair !!
I'm in the same boat. I claimed for the refund a few weeks ago, then yesterday received an email to claim a voucher. There was a link on the email for if you preferred a refund but it took me to a page where there wasn't an option to claim the refund.

Very sneakily, the flight is no longer showing in my previous bookings so I can't go into the booking to request a refund.

The following link does take you to a form which you can fill in to claim a refund - you may have filled this in originally but worth another try just to re-emphasize that you want a cash refund. However, when I tried that yesterday the flight number was flagged as invalid. I don't know whether that's because I've already filed the claim or whether they have deleted the reference of the flight from their system to delay paying up for as long as possible.

https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Tue May 12, 2020 2:30 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:18 pm
I'm in the same boat. I claimed for the refund a few weeks ago, then yesterday received an email to claim a voucher. There was a link on the email for if you preferred a refund but it took me to a page where there wasn't an option to claim the refund.

Very sneakily, the flight is no longer showing in my previous bookings so I can't go into the booking to request a refund.

The following link does take you to a form which you can fill in to claim a refund - you may have filled this in originally but worth another try just to re-emphasize that you want a cash refund. However, when I tried that yesterday the flight number was flagged as invalid. I don't know whether that's because I've already filed the claim or whether they have deleted the reference of the flight from their system to delay paying up for as long as possible.

Yep they have been very “clever” in blocking all routes.
What you can do however is ring them on 0330 100 6996.
First time you will get something saying they are too busy, check the website etc....ring it back straightaway and you get through to someone (that’s worked for me twice)
Have your booking reference ready - explain you want the refund. Make sure the operator acknowledges this which they have to and take their name and make a note of it with date and time of call.
They will say they cannot give you a timescale for the refund

They are absolute charlatans - but O’Leary does not give a sh-ite how many fines or complaints they get or where they sit in the customer service tables...all he cares about is bottom line - which at over a billion in their last results is the only thing that matters to him.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Tue May 12, 2020 3:24 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:30 pm
Yep they have been very “clever” in blocking all routes.
What you can do however is ring them on 0330 100 6996.
First time you will get something saying they are too busy, check the website etc....ring it back straightaway and you get through to someone (that’s worked for me twice)
Have your booking reference ready - explain you want the refund. Make sure the operator acknowledges this which they have to and take their name and make a note of it with date and time of call.
They will say they cannot give you a timescale for the refund

They are absolute charlatans - but O’Leary does not give a sh-ite how many fines or complaints they get or where they sit in the customer service tables...all he cares about is bottom line - which at over a billion in their last results is the only thing that matters to him.
Thanks. Just given them a call so at least there is a record of this. I'm just trying to ensure that when they finally get round to issuing refunds they don't try and pull another fast one and say that I hadn't applied for one so I'm at the back of the queue.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:00 pm

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1865 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed May 13, 2020 12:25 pm

Tue May 12, 2020 1:06 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:01 pm
Good idea, option to buy cup games with your balance. Only one downside, they’ll probably charge full price and not discount the early games (the only ones we’ll be in)

The "free cup games" is an option, but you aren't guaranteed to be drawn for home games

And even if we are, with our past record would take a few seasons to be fully returned ;)
This user liked this post: Zlatan

claretdj
Been Liked: 284 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by claretdj » Wed May 13, 2020 12:36 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:00 pm
Decent approach by Norwich

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/ma ... -to-claim/
Got to be option 1 in these tough times, charity starts @ home sorry.

Claretitus
Been Liked: 331 times
Has Liked: 207 times

Post by Claretitus » Wed May 13, 2020 12:47 pm

claretdj wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:36 pm
[quote=claretonthecoast1882 post_id=<a href="tel:1274083">1274083</a> time=<a href="tel:1589367623">1589367623</a> user_id=4404]

Got to be option 1 in these tough times, charity starts @ home sorry.
[/quote]
Not everyone will take that stance. It depends on individual circumstances. If you need your money back fair enough, but if you can afford not to want it back surely the Acadamy donation is a great idea. Norwich may have had more success with first teamers coming through their Academy than us, but who knows what will happen in the future. I for one would take this option if it was offered to us, as a one off.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4142 times
Has Liked: 3604 times

Post by DCWat » Wed May 13, 2020 12:50 pm

I’d happily let the club have the cash, as long as I will be able to view the games on TV, which as a season ticket holder and SKY subscriber, wouldn’t seem to be too much of an ask.

I think if you’re a subscriber to SKY, BT or both, you should be able to watch any of the games that you want, to ensure that no one misses out.

Quite how they deal with ST holders that don’t subscribe is perhaps another question. They should be able to see the games too.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Wed May 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:18 pm

I tried yesterday with my cancelled flight. Click on the link in my booking under “This Flight Is Cancel” or whatever it said. Put in my detail, flight number etc etc. Then it told my my flight wasn’t cancelled.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed May 13, 2020 1:00 pm

Dyched wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:51 pm
I tried yesterday with my cancelled flight. Click on the link in my booking under “This Flight Is Cancel” or whatever it said. Put in my detail, flight number etc etc. Then it told my my flight wasn’t cancelled.
I followed TVC15's advice and called this number 0330 100 6996

I got through straight away and spoke to an advisor. He lodged the claim for the refund and I received an email confirming as much. They are still saying refunds won't be processed until the lockdown is lifted but at least this way you know that you're in the queue!
This user liked this post: Dyched

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1865 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed May 13, 2020 1:02 pm

DCWat wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:50 pm
I’d happily let the club have the cash, as long as I will be able to view the games on TV, which as a season ticket holder and SKY subscriber, wouldn’t seem to be too much of an ask.

I think if you’re a subscriber to SKY, BT or both, you should be able to watch any of the games that you want, to ensure that no one misses out.

Quite how they deal with ST holders that don’t subscribe is perhaps another question. They should be able to see the games too.
As said it does come down to personal situation.

Think the refund would be £70-£80, which would be significant to some.

I fortunate that I'm still getting full pay, so wouldn't "need" to reclaim, but I don't have Sky Sports so would want to be able to watch somehow. If thats the case then I'd be happy to donate it to the foodbank

Sheedyclaret
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by Sheedyclaret » Wed May 13, 2020 1:16 pm

Some communication would be nice pretty soon

dsr
Been Liked: 4573 times
Has Liked: 2263 times

Post by dsr » Wed May 13, 2020 2:58 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:00 pm

If the players are on full pay, there is not a chance in a million that I will treat the club as a charity case. If they want me to even consider giving in effect a donation of 20% of my payment, then I need to be sure that the players are matching it in a wage cut.

If they can afford to carry on paying the players full time, they can afford to charge me only for the matches I am entitled to watch.
This user liked this post: Jamesy

nighty
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by nighty » Thu May 14, 2020 7:08 am

dsr ...agree 100 percent with the season ticket money and players .......

also on the ryanair scenario , i dont understand why so many people are against the voucher scheme , surely they will be booking another flight in the next 12 months , i accepted the voucher and it is so easy to implement once you book your next flight, we should be trying to help these aviation firms if possible by keeping them afloat , believe me if ryanair went bust the days of easy affordable flights will be gone , they are the modern day company who brought foreign destinations to the normal masses affordably , come on guys lets try and help them
This user liked this post: tybfc

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu May 14, 2020 7:19 am

Perhaps with an imminent recession on its way people are worried about how much cash they will have.
This user liked this post: paulatky

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu May 14, 2020 7:37 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:19 am
Perhaps with an imminent recession on its way people are worried about how much cash they will have.
A lot of people see it as money they had already spent so will just go on another date

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu May 14, 2020 7:55 am

nighty wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:08 am

also on the ryanair scenario , i dont understand why so many people are against the voucher scheme , surely they will be booking another flight in the next 12 months , i accepted the voucher and it is so easy to implement once you book your next flight, we should be trying to help these aviation firms if possible by keeping them afloat , believe me if ryanair went bust the days of easy affordable flights will be gone , they are the modern day company who brought foreign destinations to the normal masses affordably , come on guys lets try and help them
Didn’t Ryanair just post profits of over a billion ?
If they did go bust and people had vouchers they would be worthless.
12 months is also not long enough as an expiry date. Many Canadian and American airlines are putting 2 year expiry dates as an option to refunds. A number of people will still be worried about flying in 12 months.
The issue with Ryanair is the way they have dealt with cancellations - which is absolutely in line with what they have done on many occasions. After telling passengers in March they could have a refund and that these would be processed in up to 20 days time - a month later they emailed those same passengers with the voucher. These passengers had already said they didn’t want a voucher. At the same time they made it impossible on their website to get the refund as everything you tried took you back in a loop to the voucher scheme - this was clearly deliberate and they have been reported to the Civil Aviation Authorities about it.
This is the same Ryanair who cancelled thousands of flights a couple of years ago at extremely short notice leaving passengers stranded having booked accommodation etc.

I only ever use Ryanair if there is no other airline I can use. I’d be fine if they went bust and we lost them - even if that meant paying more for my flights. I lost more money a couple of years ago with what they did than I could ever save on their flights in the future.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu May 14, 2020 7:57 am

Grumps wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:37 am
A lot of people see it as money they had already spent so will just go on another date
Then they wouldn’t bother ringing up then.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu May 14, 2020 8:01 am

dsr wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:58 pm
If the players are on full pay, there is not a chance in a million that I will treat the club as a charity case. If they want me to even consider giving in effect a donation of 20% of my payment, then I need to be sure that the players are matching it in a wage cut.

If they can afford to carry on paying the players full time, they can afford to charge me only for the matches I am entitled to watch.

Which is why I thought it was a decent approach, everybody has an option rather than just being told what they are doing.

Local cricketer
Been Liked: 412 times
Has Liked: 87 times

Post by Local cricketer » Thu May 14, 2020 8:21 am

Sheedyclaret wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:16 pm
Some communication would be nice pretty soon
Would be nice but the media manager is to busy admiring people's book cases

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 580 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Thu May 14, 2020 8:26 am

Local cricketer wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:21 am
Would be nice but the media manager is to busy admiring people's book cases

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu May 14, 2020 8:28 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:57 am
Then they wouldn’t bother ringing up then.
Depends which post you were actually replying to

I was just saying why not everyone wants a refund, which was being said in the post it looked like you were replying to, sorry.

Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 194 times

Post by Jimmymaccer » Thu May 14, 2020 8:28 am

I wonder how much it would cost the club to simply make a refund?

That would be the easiest and stop any complaints.

I’ve no problem with them carrying on with the monthly DD for next season on the basis they subsequently refund pro-rata that ticket.........though admit I’m one if the lucky ones still in a job!

PS when’s next seasons shirt out!? So I can wear it sat in the garden over the summer!

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Thu May 14, 2020 8:40 am

dsr wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:58 pm

Couldn’t agree more. Players earning
millions, fans losing jobs and asking fans to make donations takes the biscuit.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu May 14, 2020 9:11 am

I know the threads gone off piste a bit with airline refunds, but on that note, not all firms are like Ryanair. Jet2 rang me about the options and my refund was in the bank, 2 weeks before we were due to depart

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Post by bfcmik » Thu May 14, 2020 9:22 am

My walking football team in Birmingham has flights booked with Jet2 to the Algarve in October to defend our European championship title. They have been very good on keeping us informed about how they see things moving forward and letting us know about their refund policies "just in case"!

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu May 14, 2020 9:26 am

bfcmik wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:22 am
My walking football team in Birmingham has flights booked with Jet2 to the Algarve in October to defend our European championship title. They have been very good on keeping us informed about how they see things moving forward and letting us know about their refund policies "just in case"!
Hopefully you might get there, if you don't, iam sure they will be as good with you, as they were with us.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu May 14, 2020 9:27 am

nighty wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:08 am

Personally, I'm not against the voucher scheme as an option, but it should be an option. I'm entitled to a full refund so it should be simple for me to get one.

I'm currently over £1000 out of pocket for flights with Ryanair. A portion of this is for flights booked for my brother's stag do which we haven't arranged alternative dates for yet, and will be unlikely to do so until the new year. The vast majority is for my family's flights to my wedding in Italy which is almost certainly going to have to be postponed until next July. There aren't any flights bookable for next July, and in any case they may not be on the dates that we need them. Considering the current climate I'd also rather have some certainty that my re-booked flights will not also be cancelled.

So why should I leave my £1000+ in the pockets of Ryanair for the forseeable? I'm not a bank, and I don't think that Ryanair would be quite so accommodating in refunding me if I wanted to cancel my booking a week before I was due to fly.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu May 14, 2020 9:37 am

Grumps wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:37 am
But they haven’t yet spent the spending money needed for the trip..