Claret Player log in help?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3080 times
Has Liked: 5056 times

Claret Player log in help?

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:23 pm

Hi All
I've been unable to log in to Clarets Player for the last 2 days. The subscription runs to July, so no problems there.
I have my email and password saved, so no problems there, but every time I try to login I enter the details, click the sign in box, then nothing.

I've been on chat this morning but they couldn't help, said try using another browser, but as I don't have another, and this one has worked fine for years, and as it goes through the whole process until I click on the sign in button, I can't see how it's the browser.
I've sent them some screenshots now, but all it shows is what I have already described in detail.

If there is any boffin out there who could help me source the problem I would be very grateful, Clarets Player is my main link to the club outside this board.

Cheers in anticipation

UTC

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Re: Claret Player log in help?

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:27 pm

I expect you've deleted cookies?

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:43 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:27 pm
I expect you've deleted cookies?
I know what cookies are, but don't know how I have deleted them. Are they restorable?

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:22 pm

Sorry, I meant have you deleted cookies (on purpose) as that's one of the things that could fix your problem.

It will be one of the things that they on chat would have suggested.

cblantfanclub
Been Liked: 118 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by cblantfanclub » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:38 pm

I had a similar problem a couple of months ago. It turned out to be a problem at their end with Chrome. Strangely my son could get on using Chrome off the same router. Explorer was no better and in the end I had to download firefox. As I had really badgered the helpline they eventually sent me a message saying they had fixed the problem - Chrome now works fine - last time I tried. I went to a lot of trouble to fault find on my computer as it worked on my sons - all to no avail. I could only conclude some version of some software wasn't compatible but I couldn't find it they knew about it and fixed it but it took a couple of weeks.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8534 times
Has Liked: 18271 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:20 pm

No probs with mine either using Chrome on my phone or the BFC app....

Trouble is thats no bloody help to you feller 🙄

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:34 pm

I deleted all my cache and cookies, as had been suggested by them, it didn't help.

They kept saying try a different Browser, so I've downloaded Chrome. It worked first time.

Thanks for the suggestions BOT. I'd still like to understand why it will work on Chrome, but not Safari. I know it's probably something I've done inadvertently, but it might stop me doing it again in the future. Cheers