Scunthorpe v Burnley on youtube

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2595 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Re: Scunthorpe v Burnley on youtube

Post by dandeclaret » Wed May 06, 2020 10:31 pm

Great day.... some of our lot couldn’t get in, ended up with another group who were locked out who ram raided one of the fire doors with a beer keg.... it didn’t work. Coach back with Colne Clarets, waited for the team bus at the Turf, Ian Wright our of the top of the sunroof as they drove down Brunshaw Road.... Into the Swan, Paul Cook and Ronnie Jepson on the bar leading chants of bring in the bastards..... amazing day.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1865 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed May 06, 2020 10:35 pm

Spijed wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:59 pm
The Wrexham v Gillingham game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0yFz0UsUz0

Why were Burnley fans at the ground cheering midway through the second half when Wrexham had scored so early on?
Sure I can remember this also happening at Turf when watching the big screen.

Think word went around that Wrexham had scored another

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3595 times
Has Liked: 1028 times

Post by jedi_master » Wed May 06, 2020 11:02 pm

Watching this tonight, a bit late but still.

The thing that’s stood out for me so far at the 55th minute mark, Andy Cooke was a really good player for us. Great first touch and hold up play. That’s how I always remembered him, but you wonder if looking back (bearing in mind I was 13 when this game happened) things weren’t quite as your mind says.

chipbutty
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 132 times

Post by chipbutty » Wed May 06, 2020 11:19 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:35 pm
Sure I can remember this also happening at Turf when watching the big screen.

Think word went around that Wrexham had scored another
I`m sure that the Turf Moor attendance of @7000 was either 3rd or 4th highest in the division that day despite only being a massive screen to look at!

Rowls
Been Liked: 5096 times
Has Liked: 5159 times

Post by Rowls » Wed May 06, 2020 11:34 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:40 pm
It was hard getting a drink that day. We were stopped going into Scunny three times by the same coppers.
With the ground being out of town the only thing within miles serving booze was a Bernie Inn type steak restaurant.

There were a few panicked families sat cowering together at their tables as the bar and beer garden were overwhelmed by Burnley fans.

The toilets were inadequate for the numbers and one of the hedges in the beer garden became a temporary Mens Toilets.

I felt a bit sorry for those oblivious families who hadn't checked the football fixtures that sunny day and thought it would be a good time to take granny and the kids for a quiet family meal and a relax in a beer garden. But they should have known better.

Fretters
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 549 times

Post by Fretters » Thu May 07, 2020 4:30 am

Everyone talks about Glen's goal taking us up, but, as amazing as it was, it wasn't needed with that Wrexham result. In was handy obviously, Scunny might have got another without it, but a draw would have been enough.

Fantastic day.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu May 07, 2020 9:00 am

dandeclaret wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:31 pm
Great day.... some of our lot couldn’t get in, ended up with another group who were locked out who ram raided one of the fire doors with a beer keg.... it didn’t work. Coach back with Colne Clarets, waited for the team bus at the Turf, Ian Wright our of the top of the sunroof as they drove down Brunshaw Road.... Into the Swan, Paul Cook and Ronnie Jepson on the bar leading chants of bring in the bastards..... amazing day.
Similar with us 2 mini buses half had tickets behind the goal, about 6 or 7 of us were in the main stand and the rest tried getting on behind the other goal, one was turned away and given his pick of reasons either too drunk or a Burnley fan :D

The ones who didn't get in went to a local supermarket and emptied the beer section apart from one who was on bottles of wine, he didn't make Saturday night when we got back.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32405 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri May 08, 2020 10:02 am

Spijed wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:59 pm
The Wrexham v Gillingham game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0yFz0UsUz0

Why were Burnley fans at the ground cheering midway through the second half when Wrexham had scored so early on?

Huge roar went up on 11 mins which could be clearly heard on the coverage but during the second half news went through the away end that Wrexham had scored a second. It proved not to be the case. I think they call it fake news now. :D