Locating Historic Endowment Policy

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
MRG
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Locating Historic Endowment Policy

Post by MRG » Tue May 05, 2020 12:38 pm

When resolving my late father’s financial matters his bank (Santander) informed us that he had a mortgage, that was closed in 1993, with National & Provincial who became Abbey and then Santander.

This letter then goes on to tell us that my father also had an endowment policy which was linked to the mortgage. They have provided an account number but not as much as the company that it’s held with and they are unable to advise who it’s with.

Anybody got any suggestions where to even start with this? We fully expect the policy to be without any value but we feel we need to at least investigate it

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Re: Locating Historic Endowment Policy

Post by keith1879 » Tue May 05, 2020 3:31 pm

MRG wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:38 pm
When resolving my late father’s financial matters his bank (Santander) informed us that he had a mortgage, that was closed in 1993, with National & Provincial who became Abbey and then Santander.

This letter then goes on to tell us that my father also had an endowment policy which was linked to the mortgage. They have provided an account number but not as much as the company that it’s held with and they are unable to advise who it’s with.

Anybody got any suggestions where to even start with this? We fully expect the policy to be without any value but we feel we need to at least investigate it
Might be worth looking at this.....there are a few sites with ideas on tracing lost money (including insurance policies). Apologies if you have already been here. One point to bear in mind is that policy numbers often have formats that would only be correct to a small number of insurance providers.

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-ad ... ost-money/

Marney&Mee
Been Liked: 657 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Marney&Mee » Tue May 05, 2020 3:47 pm

MRG wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:38 pm

Presume you’ve googled the account number for the endowment policy

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6389 times
Has Liked: 8737 times

Post by IanMcL » Tue May 05, 2020 3:47 pm

Why do you think it did not mature with the mortgage?