If spectators are banned for months to come is it time to consider rebuilding the Cricketfield stand ?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

If spectators are banned for months to come is it time to consider rebuilding the Cricketfield stand ?

Post by bfcjg » Thu May 07, 2020 9:41 pm

We need some football threads !
I just wonder if the club would consider this as the ideal time ? Builders will in essence be buying work, the cost of steel will drop there will be no loss of gate receipts as no one will be going on. If the figures stack up, we get the tv cash for behind closed door games we sell one of the crown jewels now if they indicate they wont sign a contract etc get some high earners ie Hart of the wage bill ,could the board be tempted would you be tempted ?
For me I am still scarred by selling Doson to pay for the Bob Lord and would sooner sit in a hovel if it meant success on the pitch however with legislation changing re changing rooms, health and safety , rail seating coming in etc could it happen?
This user liked this post: turfytopper

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6157 times

Re: If spectators are banned for months to come is it time to consider rebuilding the Cricketfield stand ?

Post by KateR » Thu May 07, 2020 9:48 pm

good point, I think it is a good time to invest, low interest loans etc. but they will look very carefully at the business model and be cautious as I feel they are as BoD's risk adverse, which I think is good.

Wasn't there other work that needed finishing construction wise though that should be completed first, before work on the CF starts?
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Re: If spectators are banned for months to come is it time to consider rebuilding the Cricketfield stand ?

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu May 07, 2020 9:50 pm

We'd need to be playing behind closed doors for nearer 5 years to give Barnfield any hope of rebuilding it in time
These 7 users liked this post: HitchinClaret bfcjg JohnDearyMe Bones The Enclosure Jamesy MT03ALG

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Thu May 07, 2020 9:50 pm

How do we afford it?
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu May 07, 2020 9:56 pm

martin_p wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:50 pm
How do we afford it?

The Dwight McNeil Ladbrokes Cricketfield End
These 5 users liked this post: bfcjg KateR MT03ALG IanMcL basil6345789

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Thu May 07, 2020 10:23 pm

Safe standing would be a start.

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Thu May 07, 2020 10:34 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:23 pm
Safe standing would be a start.
TBH Trevor with my BMI and blood pressure plus being the wrong side of 21 I am more worried about safe breathing. :)
These 3 users liked this post: Tricky Trevor KateR Juan Tanamera

alboclaret
Been Liked: 142 times
Has Liked: 100 times

Post by alboclaret » Thu May 07, 2020 11:12 pm

Reactive not proactive. :?

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu May 07, 2020 11:23 pm

I think Builders will be mowed out after this. Lots of projects at a standstill half way through.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Thu May 07, 2020 11:37 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:23 pm
I think Builders will be mowed out after this. Lots of projects at a standstill half way through.
On the other hand, those projects could remain at a standstill because of the expected recession.

I agree it would be a good time to build if we have the cash. Safe standing would be ideal. And in the current circumstances, it's better for the players if they come ready-changed! Shame we haven't any viable plans - unless the bread basket gets revived? :twisted:

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6157 times

Post by KateR » Fri May 08, 2020 12:18 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:23 pm
I can only say that the two company's I am working with both have light and heavy construction, developing the scenario planning for coming out of this 5 cases have been developed, none of the pretty. I large portion of work that was to start construction in 2020 has been shifted by clients to 2021 at the earliest, thousands of people have been let go and any project releases will need to involve manning up again which always takes time.

While the majority of work is oil related not all of it is and it will be a slow recovery, I know a couple of companies/Governments that always like to release projects during an economic turndown as contractors are hungry that is a small minority and can't see BFC joining that group.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Post by bfcmik » Fri May 08, 2020 1:59 am

The problem with redeveloping the CF stand is that the changing facilities are all in there too. There is the possibility of putting something in the area behind the longside stand I suppose but the required standards for these facilities are quite high nowadays. It wouldn't be a simple portacabin affair, for sure.

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4044 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Fri May 08, 2020 3:46 am

A new stand? If all this malarkey goes on for as long as some suggest, we'll probably need all our dry
powder just to stay afloat.
These 3 users liked this post: FactualFrank evensteadiereddie basil6345789

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Fri May 08, 2020 7:04 am

ElectroClaret wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:46 am
A new stand? If all this malarkey goes on for as long as some suggest, we'll probably need all our dry
powder just to stay afloat.
This.

Now is the worst possible time.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 507 times

Post by Claretforever » Fri May 08, 2020 8:15 am

FactualFrank wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:04 am
This.

Now is the worst possible time.
And therein lies the problem. We have money now, and prior to this pandemic people were saying ‘you can’t redevelop, we need the money for players’. This pandemic will eat into our reserves for sure but, if the season is finished and another played out, the reserves should be refilled but for the missing gate receipts.

Your reply, though, is what I’ve been going on about for a while. If we are relegated we will have no money in no time at all, and then we cannot afford to redevelop. People will then say we can’t afford it, we need to spend all our money on players.

So when do we do it, when we have money or when we don’t?

Sorry to pick on your comment, it’s just the last one, but I see it a lot in normal circumstances prior to all this.

Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Fri May 08, 2020 8:29 am

Interest rates are going to rock bottom for another 10-15 years as the recession builds, and passes. Loans to the club are easily financed at a low rate, I’d expect the club to be looking seriously at this.

There is no better time to invest the dry powder into a flailing market, 100 million now will be 400 million in 5 years.

If you’ve got spare money, invest in the market and you’ll knock a few years off your retirement date without too much concern.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Fri May 08, 2020 10:06 am

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:29 am
Interest rates are going to rock bottom for another 10-15 years as the recession builds, and passes. Loans to the club are easily financed at a low rate, I’d expect the club to be looking seriously at this.

There is no better time to invest the dry powder into a flailing market, 100 million now will be 400 million in 5 years.

If you’ve got spare money, invest in the market and you’ll knock a few years off your retirement date without too much concern.
I doubt that. The stock market at its record high was about a third higher than it is now. I dare say it will go up again, but not to 4 times the current value which would be three times the all-time record high.

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Fri May 08, 2020 10:09 am

I worry that future circumstances dictate that the CF is obsolete due to issues with concrete cancer, the concourse width etc and this could be an opportunity lost ,regarding builders there is quite a bit of short term contracted work to finish off then there is genuine concern.

turfytopper
Been Liked: 408 times
Has Liked: 3421 times

Post by turfytopper » Fri May 08, 2020 10:17 am

bfcjg wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:41 pm
We need some football threads !
I just wonder if the club would consider this as the ideal time ? Builders will in essence be buying work, the cost of steel will drop there will be no loss of gate receipts as no one will be going on. If the figures stack up, we get the tv cash for behind closed door games we sell one of the crown jewels now if they indicate they wont sign a contract etc get some high earners ie Hart of the wage bill ,could the board be tempted would you be tempted ?
For me I am still scarred by selling Doson to pay for the Bob Lord and would sooner sit in a hovel if it meant success on the pitch however with legislation changing re changing rooms, health and safety , rail seating coming in etc could it happen?
Yes YES YES!

UnderSeige
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by UnderSeige » Fri May 08, 2020 10:22 am

I don't know anything about this. Is there already some sort of plan for some time in the future? I have a vague past memory of some sort of a plan when Paul Fletcher was involved.

How long would it take to design, draw up plans, consult local population, get planning permission etc?

Is there already an arrangement with the Cricket Club or would we not encroach onto their territory?

My very rough and not very educated estimate of time before matches return is next March/April.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Fri May 08, 2020 10:30 am

Claretforever wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:15 am
And therein lies the problem. We have money now, and prior to this pandemic people were saying ‘you can’t redevelop, we need the money for players’. This pandemic will eat into our reserves for sure but, if the season is finished and another played out, the reserves should be refilled but for the missing gate receipts.

Your reply, though, is what I’ve been going on about for a while. If we are relegated we will have no money in no time at all, and then we cannot afford to redevelop. People will then say we can’t afford it, we need to spend all our money on players.

So when do we do it, when we have money or when we don’t?

Sorry to pick on your comment, it’s just the last one, but I see it a lot in normal circumstances prior to all this.
People are not against the building of a new stand. It’s what, 60 years old now? It has to be done as it won’t last and a new one would be there in say 2080. The thing is though the football club might not be. We have a reserve in funds which we might need for the running costs of the club rather than a new stand.

The other problem is when clubs build a new stand it’s to fit in more fans which is more profit that’ll pay the cost of the stand over time. That wouldn’t be the case with us. We don’t need more capacity just updated facilities.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Fri May 08, 2020 11:04 am

Some thoughs

Should we play out the rest of the season, behind closed doors then our cash pile will have suffered less strain than any practically any other club. This would be the magnified next season if that was to be played behind closed doors too.

That cash position would theoretically allow the club to buy a better quality of player as it is widely believed that both transfer fees and salaries are going to be subject to substantial adjustment/correction (depending on your perspective). The fact that we:
- could pay cash up front
- have continued to pay player salaries without asking for deferrals/cuts
would make us attractive propositions to both selling clubs and players. at a time when many of both have so much uncertainty over the reliability of their income streams.

The club could of course continue to build it's cash reserves, in the recognition that the current circumstances are highly likely to manifest themselves again in the near future, probably under a new guise. The longer such pause occurred the greater the need for more substantial cash reserves. While we hope for a better prepared world with more structured and prepared responses, it cannot be guaranteed.

Without the certainty of football restarting anytime soon though the club will be looking at cost cutting
- most months the club will have outgoings of around £8m in costs,
- it is unfortunate timing that May, June and July are usually the time of greatest committed costs, salaries, bonuses, transfer stage payments (other clubs will also have factored loan repayments) etc.
- Somewhat incongruously it is also the time of greatest revenues for the smaller Premier League clubs - Season ticket sales, new shirt sales, initial Sponsorship payments, final merit payments from central distribution (tv rights), transfer stage and condition payments inwards and biggest of all new season central fund payments (tv rights again). All of those revenue streams are being affected at the moment with overseas rights holders. in particular, suggesting withholding or unable to pay it's monies.
- Further we do not know if the TV rights owners would regard a behind closed doors season as attractive enough to justify their fees, they may seek a reduction for a "devalued" product. The same applies to sponsors, some of whom may even seek to cancel contracts as they have their own financial troubles.
- costs may also rise as staff seek a "risk premium"

Going to the OP, building infrastructure such as a replacement stand in a time of behind closed doors games makes huge sense from a cost perspective as the club is losing no additional revenues from lost ticket sales (they are not part of the budget situation) and build costs may actually be cheaper due to a surplus capacity in the market place. The key issue is that there are no published or approved plans from which to build. That process would likely take up the 18 months currently being forecast for normality to return.

I suggest that, while it may be desirable and the timing opportune, the lack of approved plans and uncertainty over short to medium term revenues makes this a non-starter

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri May 08, 2020 11:11 am

Considering we've just replaced the existing wooden ones with plastic seats in the away area at the start of this season I can't imagine there are any plans for a new stand in the foreseeable future.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri May 08, 2020 11:19 am

Would love to see it redeveloped. That stand is a bit embarrassing for a PL club. Would also love to see safe standing too.

As others have pointed out, from a timing and cheap funding perspective, it feels a perfect time, but can’t see any decision on that until the club have financial security for this seasons revenue and an understanding of what will be happening with next years revenue.

There’s potential, if all games are televised, that incomes could be maintained, even increased, in which case the club may make the commitment while there’s a break in use?

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Fri May 08, 2020 11:21 am

turfytopper wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:17 am
Yes YES YES!
In the dim and distant past my wife used to shout this.
Now it's just ticking off completed jobs on my list of chores. :cry:
This user liked this post: turfytopper

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6900 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Fri May 08, 2020 11:24 am

Worst time possible. The uncertainty as to the return of football in general, never mind the return of attending fans, make this a totally unnecessary gamble.

We have saved some cash for a rainy day, and today is that rainy day.

Factor in delays in the planning system, construction at reduced capacity, shortage of materials and delay of supply and I think the answer is obvious.

I’m sure our board are concentrating their efforts on surviving this crisis and ensuring that we’re in as strong a position as possible both on and off the field when we come out of the other end. Now is not the time to invest in a vanity project.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Fri May 08, 2020 1:11 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:04 am
Some thoughs

Should we play out the rest of the season, behind closed doors then our cash pile will have suffered less strain than any practically any other club. This would be the magnified next season if that was to be played behind closed doors too.

That cash position would theoretically allow the club to buy a better quality of player as it is widely believed that both transfer fees and salaries are going to be subject to substantial adjustment/correction (depending on your perspective). The fact that we:
- could pay cash up front
- have continued to pay player salaries without asking for deferrals/cuts
would make us attractive propositions to both selling clubs and players. at a time when many of both have so much uncertainty over the reliability of their income streams.

The club could of course continue to build it's cash reserves, in the recognition that the current circumstances are highly likely to manifest themselves again in the near future, probably under a new guise. The longer such pause occurred the greater the need for more substantial cash reserves. While we hope for a better prepared world with more structured and prepared responses, it cannot be guaranteed.

Without the certainty of football restarting anytime soon though the club will be looking at cost cutting
- most months the club will have outgoings of around £8m in costs,
- it is unfortunate timing that May, June and July are usually the time of greatest committed costs, salaries, bonuses, transfer stage payments (other clubs will also have factored loan repayments) etc.
- Somewhat incongruously it is also the time of greatest revenues for the smaller Premier League clubs - Season ticket sales, new shirt sales, initial Sponsorship payments, final merit payments from central distribution (tv rights), transfer stage and condition payments inwards and biggest of all new season central fund payments (tv rights again). All of those revenue streams are being affected at the moment with overseas rights holders. in particular, suggesting withholding or unable to pay it's monies.
- Further we do not know if the TV rights owners would regard a behind closed doors season as attractive enough to justify their fees, they may seek a reduction for a "devalued" product. The same applies to sponsors, some of whom may even seek to cancel contracts as they have their own financial troubles.
- costs may also rise as staff seek a "risk premium"

Going to the OP, building infrastructure such as a replacement stand in a time of behind closed doors games makes huge sense from a cost perspective as the club is losing no additional revenues from lost ticket sales (they are not part of the budget situation) and build costs may actually be cheaper due to a surplus capacity in the market place. The key issue is that there are no published or approved plans from which to build. That process would likely take up the 18 months currently being forecast for normality to return.

I suggest that, while it may be desirable and the timing opportune, the lack of approved plans and uncertainty over short to medium term revenues makes this a non-starter
I should add that there are other short, mid and long term uncertainty considerations that make a commitment to such a significant cost unlikely. these all relate to the pyramid.
- there is a possibility that the Premier League will be paying the EFL and National League additional monies to support their efforts of survival
- the EFL are keen to abolish Parachute Payments and that poses significant problems for Premier League Members who are to be relegated and the who have just been promoted
- which may in turn affect the distribution model especially if calls for an independent regulator are sanctioned by the government/
FIFA

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 507 times

Post by Claretforever » Fri May 08, 2020 1:14 pm

Dyched wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:30 am
People are not against the building of a new stand. It’s what, 60 years old now? It has to be done as it won’t last and a new one would be there in say 2080. The thing is though the football club might not be. We have a reserve in funds which we might need for the running costs of the club rather than a new stand.

The other problem is when clubs build a new stand it’s to fit in more fans which is more profit that’ll pay the cost of the stand over time. That wouldn’t be the case with us. We don’t need more capacity just updated facilities.
I’m not really an advocate of increasing capacity. Well, not by a huge amount anyway. But again, going back to my point, when will the right time be to redevelop?

* When we have money and are 95% of capacity in sales?

* When we don’t have money and are at 60% of capacity?

I don’t know the answer really, but we do need to redevelop and I’ve been brought up to believe you only spend when you can afford it.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Fri May 08, 2020 1:35 pm

This is a question of opinions and if we accept that we’ll possibly require to rebuild sometime in the next 10 to 20 years then this is surely the best time to do it. No drop in capacity whilst work is carried out, low interest rates, the opportunity to be one of the first to have a ‘safe standing stand’ and an easy way of a slight capacity increase to take the stadium to 24 or 25k. I’ sure the club could negotiate a 30 year payment plan that we could overpay on whilst in the Prem.

I would go for it.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Fri May 08, 2020 1:42 pm

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:35 pm
This is a question of opinions and if we accept that we’ll possibly require to rebuild sometime in the next 10 to 20 years then this is surely the best time to do it. No drop in capacity whilst work is carried out, low interest rates, the opportunity to be one of the first to have a ‘safe standing stand’ and an easy way of a slight capacity increase to take the stadium to 24 or 25k. I’ sure the club could negotiate a 30 year payment plan that we could overpay on whilst in the Prem.

I would go for it.
Two things
- are you suggesting that we will be in the Premier League for the next 30 years? however desirable that may be is it rooted in reality?
- this board have favoured paying for infrastructure projects from ready cash and sought to eradicate all debt, so that we can cope with most situations thrown at us. It is only recently we have started to pay transfers in instalments over 3 years and that is largely because of Parachute Payments upon relegation, which are now under threat

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by TsarBomba » Tue May 12, 2020 7:06 pm

Not seen this posted anywhere else, but a recent interview with Neil Hart talks about redevelopment of the CFS being front and centre.

Clarets Chief Executive Neil Hart says improving the Cricket Field Stand is the next project for improving Turf Moor.

Burnley chief executive Neil Hart has revealed that improving the Cricket Field end of Turf Moor is next on the agenda of club improvements.

The stand, split between home and away supporters, is more than 50 years old and has long been earmarked for an upgrade.

The Clarets have invested heavily in a new training ground at Barnfield while the most recent improvements at Turf Moor saw new disabled facilities and control room open this season.

And Hart said addressing the Cricket Field Stand, which had new plastic seats put in last summer in the away section, is the next big project as the club continue to invest in infrastructure.

The coronavirus pandemic mean no plans will begin immediately as the club await the financial cost of lockdown.

But looking at that end of the ground is the next port of call for the Clarets.

“That is probably the biggest job in front of the club right now, looking at that end of the ground and what does it look like," said Hart when asked about plans to redevelop the Cricket Field Stand.

“At the moment we can't really think about that, we are focused on the here and now and trying to get the Premier League season back on when it is safe to do so."

Clarets chairman Mike Garlick, speaking to Lancs Live last summer, suggested a possible sponsorship deal might be required to to help with the investment.

The Clarets have spent significantly on the improvements at Barnfield and the new disabled facilities while they have also invested in the Academy.

And Hart believes the success of recent projects, including the disabled facilities, can given confidence moving forward.

"It (the disabled facilities) has been done really well, met a real need and improved the facilities for our disabled supporters no end," said Hart.

“We are nearly at capacity with that already, there was some doubt as to whether we could take our disabled base from circa 50 to 150 and could we fill that? Well we have. It is the saying of build it and they come.

"It has been really important and I think it is really important to keep looking at our facilities and the ground.
You only have to look at Barnfield Training Centre in terms of what we have done with that and what is an incredible transformation.”

"The club is committed to improving its facilities but it will do so in a sustainable and responsible manner."
These 2 users liked this post: Paul Waine NewClaret

Dinks
Been Liked: 122 times
Has Liked: 127 times

Post by Dinks » Tue May 12, 2020 7:09 pm

Im all for a new cricket field stand as long as they slope the roof in the Opposite direction to the two newer ones keep the noise in .

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue May 12, 2020 7:34 pm

I'd knock the main stands down and rebuild the Longside if I could - plastic shiny stadium, everything that is wrong with football - look great, kill the atmosphere. Leave the Cricketfield well alone for as long as possible
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Tue May 12, 2020 10:07 pm

If the structure is sound, an internal redesign should be possible. We have not got our money back from the plastic seats yet!

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Wed May 13, 2020 10:55 am

Plans are good. However at the moment no-one can easily predict the future of our life generally let alone Premier League football.

+ What effect will all this have on Sky subscriptions, therefore Premier League club income?

+ How will we watch football at a ground in future - social distancing, standing....? Surely that will affect the design of the new stand - walkways, toilets, catering etc..

+ In particular, how will Burnley fare regarding attendances? The only way to find out is when football is resumed and we get back to some sort of normality. That would take perhaps a number of years.

Only after questions like these have been answered does it make sense to proceed.
This user liked this post: LeadBelly

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed May 13, 2020 11:41 am

I would guess that the CFS is at the front of the queue for the clubs next project to improve Turf Moor because of what is happening around safe standing

Yanquiclaret
Been Liked: 54 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by Yanquiclaret » Wed May 13, 2020 4:39 pm

In a word NO. The club's transfer strategy in the Premier league era has been to buy from lower divisions and develop. We are not broke. Every team below the premier league is or will be. Now is the time to replenish the squad with young up and coming players ready to replace the 30 year olds that dominate our present first team. Teams below us will be so broke that we should be able to get them at considerably reduced prices. They can have the usual year waiting around showing what they can do in training etc and step up when necessary. Incentive laden contracts so they don't cost too much while they wait their turn, and perhaps further payments should they become full internationals etc. That is where the money should go not in rebuilding a stand we may not fill if we build it.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Wed May 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Chester Perry, first of all I defer to your financial nous completely and know that your opinion is also based on your commitment to looking at all financial aspects. I’ve always believed in our club’s way of trading particularly since we reclaimed a place in the Prem, so I am not arguing against your well reasoned prediction. I have previously said that we should have a minimum target of yearly profit of between £5m and/or 5% of club income. I don’t have an opinion as to how long we might retain our Prem place. I do know that if we continue as we are doing we might outstay all predictions. I do know that we would have to overpay our agreed payments whilst in the Prem to compensate for the seasons when we might not be there. There might be a time in the not too distant future when our ground might not meet basic requirements. If that ever is the case, it might well be based around the standard of the CFS.

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Wed May 13, 2020 6:11 pm

Build it with what?

We've a twelvety trillion quid wage bill and we're gonna be in debt to sky for the next 50 years paying back this season's money.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Wed May 13, 2020 7:18 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:06 pm
Not seen this posted anywhere else, but a recent interview with Neil Hart talks about redevelopment of the CFS being front and centre.
Very interesting, thanks for posting.

Clearly on the agenda but not now. So pleasing to read how well run our club is.