Periwinkle herb

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Periwinkle herb

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri May 08, 2020 11:22 pm

Has anybody tried it?

I know there are a few type two diabetics on the forum and I've just found a book for natural medicine etc. It says it's very good for lowering blood glucose levels.

I had never heard of it before.

Suratclaret
Been Liked: 332 times
Has Liked: 787 times

Re: Periwinkle herb

Post by Suratclaret » Sat May 09, 2020 3:35 am

There certainly been a number of studies of the link between diabetes and periwinkle and the fact that it appears to lower blood sugar levels. The have been a number of warnings also.
I've never tried it and there are regular features in some newspapers about so called natural remedies for diabetes that, if all were true, the number of diabetics world wide would be decreasing not increasing. Two of the most reported appear to be apple cider vinegar and cinnamon.
I control ( and sometimes it's very difficult!) my sugar levels through a combination of medication( not insulin),diet and regular exercise but there are so many factors which affect blood sugar levels (e.g. stress) that it's relatively easy to lose some control.
I know there are some people who appear to have reversed their diabetes...I wish!

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Re: Periwinkle herb

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat May 09, 2020 6:50 am

The book gives natural herbs for every illness and states disease is man made through poor diet. That doctors just go down the route of being talented medicine prescribers rather than preventative.

I certainly agree that doctors freely get you on medicines and recent queues for pharmacies shows just how many people are dependent on some form. Quite a customer base has been formed.

Funnily enough not so many cures for anything seem to pop up despite all that goes into finding them.