Stay Alert

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6963 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Re: Stay Alert

Post by Rileybobs » Sun May 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:59 pm
What bit of the speech do you not understand?
Who said I didn’t understand any of the speech?

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sun May 10, 2020 11:06 pm

KateR wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:14 pm
so the early sheep are out in force bleating again, told that there was a virus that kills you, stay safe look after people you love and yourself, oi, want to go the pub, yea and there are some great places to visit and meet other with a great atmosphere, yea let's go. Cue few weeks later, they just don't tell us, it's mixed messages, why don't they lock us down, why don't they tell us not to go out, I need a clear message!! Clear message, stay home, entertainment/sports/gatherings all closed down, fast forward,right I'm fed up with this, let's go to the park, let's go to the seaside, it's a nice day, policemen being spat at, loads of new frauds/scams come out, people step up stealing. Marches and placards, stop this lockdown, we need to get out.

Today, you can do a little more but it's dangerous, the R number is down below 1.0 but only just, so while you can do a little more be careful, stay alert, keep you distance, only go out with people in your own household, don't mix, don't get close whether shopping or walking or doing any activity.

Biggest problem this government have is that they believe the sheep have brains and can think and will act properly to keep the R # down but hear we are, ohhh my goodness it's not clear, ohhh it's mixed messages, sheep proving beyond belief that you can't think for yourselves. Sheep wanting a Shepard to have a dog to drive you into the enclosure, needing implicit instructions in what to do to stay safe, it amazes me you can even cross a road safely. Bah Bahh
And you wonder why you get some grief on here.
This user liked this post: chorleyhere

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2269 times

Post by dsr » Sun May 10, 2020 11:07 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 7:46 pm
Wife said that. I didn’t hear it. Those living near beauty spots will be vocal on the BBC news in coming weeks.

Also looking forward to a walk up Pendle though :lol: :lol:
The people living near beauty spots have a perfect way of getting revenge. Travel to the towns and cities to do their shopping. That'll learn them!
This user liked this post: NewClaret

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Sun May 10, 2020 11:08 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:49 pm
I know you often post about how much wine you drink, so I'll assume you've had far too much again.

You'll wake up tomorrow with a really sore head and a lingering feeling you've made a complete tit of yourself on the message board again. Hopefully you'll have the decency to issue another apology.
so I believe you can check what people write, go on find the posts about how much wine I drink, I'll give you a starter for ten, I mentioned going for lunch glass of wine around the pool, now prove to everyone else ready how you tell the truth post the numerous loads, few posts of mine on wine.

You have done what you always do, you attack when someone tells something that doesn't fit with your agenda and when you try to attack the Gov.

You can never rationally respond to anything but I will look out for all those wine threads I have, which I must have been drunk on as I can't remember and then I will apologize. Similarly I will wait for your apology for printing lies about me and trying to degrade me if you can't find the posts.

KateR

Post by KateR » Sun May 10, 2020 11:11 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:06 pm
And you wonder why you get some grief on here.
well it might help me better understand if you could pick my post apart and show me where I lied, made a mistake or even might have been mistaken when you read it in context with the numerous early posts that it was aimed at.

Ohh and by the way it was supposed to be controversial, even confrontational to certain posters so in part it achieved the purpose
Last edited by KateR on Sun May 10, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 3833 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun May 10, 2020 11:13 pm

Agree overall “Stay Alert” is not a good choice of words.

Above the phrase “be responsible” is used a lot. That’d have been better, but perhaps perceived as a bit condescending.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 767 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun May 10, 2020 11:14 pm

KateR wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:08 pm

You have done what you always do, you attack when someone tells something that doesn't fit with your agenda
I'd say the first post you made on this thread was more of an attack, to be honest.

This virus has killed more than 31,000 people in the UK, God only knows how many cumulatively worldwide, and you post that garbage calling people sheep for wanting crystal clear instructions from the government and scientists on how to behave to minimise the risk. It really was a shocking post.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Sun May 10, 2020 11:35 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:14 pm
I'd say the first post you made on this thread was more of an attack, to be honest.

This virus has killed more than 31,000 people in the UK, God only knows how many cumulatively worldwide, and you post that garbage calling people sheep for wanting crystal clear instructions from the government and scientists on how to behave to minimise the risk. It really was a shocking post.
Why do you need crystal clear instructions, can you not listen to the information, apply your own “knowledge” and then decide what is the most appropriate way to act. Do you think it’s necessary to abdicate all personal responsibility and just to be able to say “well that’s what they told me to do”.

What is it that you are practically having difficulty understanding? I’m sure there are plenty of people on here who might be able to explain it to you

KateR

Post by KateR » Sun May 10, 2020 11:36 pm

ksrclaret wrote:

come on and post what was a lie, take bite sized bits of it and demonstrate it was a lie or I am wrong, I posted on C-19 post how how many were behaving like sheep needing the Gov. to give instructions before the stay at home order, it's no diferent and same people compounding and proving my point for me..

To be honest, numerous posters can't wait for BJ to make announcements or even the daily briefings, so they can come here and get the blame out about how everything is wrong. I twist this around so that many, you including are like sheep when you jump feet first saying it's not clear because that is such a poor attack.

And no I don't think everything is great, things could have been better no doubt, I don't know whether this move is a good one or not but he did not force my family to go do anything they don't want to do, nor your's, time will tell and I'm willing to wait. Houston did the first release 1st May including restaurants opening at 25%, I was not confident and have changed nothing so far from pre-release, I am confident you and others can make your own mind up.
Last edited by KateR on Sun May 10, 2020 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun May 10, 2020 11:41 pm

ksrclaret wrote:

It’s been weeks now with god knows how many posters, tv adverts, radio announcements, etc etc, every man & his dog must have come across it, by now if people don’t know what to do or need crystal clear instructions on what to do, there’s no hope for mankind.
This user liked this post: KateR

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sun May 10, 2020 11:45 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:35 pm
Why do you need crystal clear instructions, can you not listen to the information, apply your own “knowledge” and then decide what is the most appropriate way to act. Do you think it’s necessary to abdicate all personal responsibility and just to be able to say “well that’s what they told me to do”.

What is it that you are practically having difficulty understanding? I’m sure there are plenty of people on here who might be able to explain it to you
Having studied a fair bit of virology at University, and now having taught A Level Biology for a number of years, I have a sound understanding how viruses behave, generally speaking. Since this was a totally new variant though, I like everyone else had to listen very carefully to the instructions scientists and government gave us in order to minimise our risks. All viruses interact with their hosts very differently and since this one was novel, very little was known. So to attack people and call them sheep for needing crystal clear instructions was stupid. Indeed, anything other than sheep-like behaviour for a while would have been reckless.

I personally do not need more clarity. I know what I will be doing. However, the message tonight was wholly unclear and I've heard so many people tonight from all sides of the media say that it raises more questions than answers for so many people. They can't all be wrong/ stupid/ sheep.
These 6 users liked this post: Rileybobs Swizzlestick spadesclaret fatboy47 joey13 chorleyhere

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sun May 10, 2020 11:47 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:41 pm
It’s been weeks now with god knows how many posters, tv adverts, radio announcements, etc etc, every man & his dog must have come across it, by now if people don’t know what to do or need crystal clear instructions on what to do, there’s no hope for mankind.
Okay, but the advice changed tonight.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1036 times
Has Liked: 2039 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sun May 10, 2020 11:53 pm

KateR wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:14 pm
so the early sheep are out in force bleating again, told that there was a virus that kills you, stay safe look after people you love and yourself, oi, want to go the pub, yea and there are some great places to visit and meet other with a great atmosphere, yea let's go. Cue few weeks later, they just don't tell us, it's mixed messages, why don't they lock us down, why don't they tell us not to go out, I need a clear message!! Clear message, stay home, entertainment/sports/gatherings all closed down, fast forward,right I'm fed up with this, let's go to the park, let's go to the seaside, it's a nice day, policemen being spat at, loads of new frauds/scams come out, people step up stealing. Marches and placards, stop this lockdown, we need to get out.

Today, you can do a little more but it's dangerous, the R number is down below 1.0 but only just, so while you can do a little more be careful, stay alert, keep you distance, only go out with people in your own household, don't mix, don't get close whether shopping or walking or doing any activity.

Biggest problem this government have is that they believe the sheep have brains and can think and will act properly to keep the R # down but hear we are, ohhh my goodness it's not clear, ohhh it's mixed messages, sheep proving beyond belief that you can't think for yourselves. Sheep wanting a Shepard to have a dog to drive you into the enclosure, needing implicit instructions in what to do to stay safe, it amazes me you can even cross a road safely. Bah Bahh

Herd immunity?

KateR

Post by KateR » Sun May 10, 2020 11:53 pm

and you and other didn't understand the change and attacked even though part of the message was we will give more details tomorrow!!

will you be going to the pub tomorrow with all your mates?

Perhaps I should have said rabid sheep, that would be more appropriate.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun May 10, 2020 11:54 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:47 pm
Okay, but the advice changed tonight.
The advice as been robustly the same, the same focal point being the social distancing & regular hand washing, it’s muppet proof you keep the 2m distance & don’t put your hands anywhere near your face before washing your hands & you’ve cracked it, unless you unfortunately find yourself in a position with forced exposure as some jobs do, there’s absolutely no reason why anybody should contact the virus unless there are failing to keep the distance or biting there nails etc before washing there hands, that general message as never deviated.

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Sun May 10, 2020 11:58 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:45 pm

I personally do not need more clarity. I know what I will be doing. However, the message tonight was wholly unclear and I've heard so many people tonight from all sides of the media say that it raises more questions than answers for so many people. They can't all be wrong/ stupid/ sheep.
What bit of tonight’s message was “unclear” you understand, but you’re clever, what bit did not so clever have difficulty with?

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Mon May 11, 2020 12:03 am

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:58 pm
What bit of tonight’s message was “unclear” you understand, but you’re clever, what bit did not so clever have difficulty with?
Sorry, I can't make much sense of that question.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Mon May 11, 2020 12:05 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:54 pm
The advice as been robustly the same, the same focal point being the social distancing & regular hand washing, it’s muppet proof you keep the 2m distance & don’t put your hands anywhere near your face before washing your hands & you’ve cracked it, unless you unfortunately find yourself in a position with forced exposure as some jobs do, there’s absolutely no reason why anybody should contact the virus unless there are failing to keep the distance or biting there nails etc before washing there hands, that general message as never deviated.
I am of course referring to the bit about people being "actively encouraged" to return to work tomorrow in certain professions. Lots of questions left unanswered there. Details to follow tomorrow, but are people expected to be in tomorrow? If so, that's not ideal is it.

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon May 11, 2020 12:06 am

What bit of tonight’s message was unclear. You said you understood it, but you are educated to degree level and are a teacher. You seem to have been reading or listening to many commentaries on tonight’s speech - what is it that people aren’t understanding or are confused about?

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon May 11, 2020 12:08 am

ksrclaret wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:05 am
I am of course referring to the bit about people being "actively encouraged" to return to work tomorrow in certain professions. Lots of questions left unanswered there. Details to follow tomorrow, but are people expected to be in tomorrow? If so, that's not ideal is it.
Oh come on!! You really think people are going to bed tonight thinking “oh I better be in work for 9am” I don’t think anyone who actually thinks that is capable of getting dressed in the morning never mind actually having a job!

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 11, 2020 12:10 am

ksrclaret wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:05 am
It’s the employers duty to contact the employee, the employee doesn’t have to do anything until he hears from the employer, that part was directed towards the employer, it’s down to them really now to decide on adjustments & whether the workplace can be arranged & organised safely, I don’t think anybody currently furloughed will be going into work today unless the employers been in touch to tell them to do so.
These 2 users liked this post: KateR Burnley Ace

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon May 11, 2020 12:12 am

THEWELLERNUT70 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:53 pm
Herd immunity?
NO, not at all.

Same message, Jakob mentioned it, stay apart don't mingle outside your household, continue with hand washing, basically the same message, just now there is a relaxation in where you can go and how many times, loads of people on here been saying they go for exercise more than once a day over the last few weeks.

Police saying it's a losing game, plenty of pictures and videos of people out but yes in a minority, but now people can perhaps go to see loved ones that they need to but do it in a safe way. Friends of our, his mother died Friday night, drove for 2 hours to see his father, 92 years old, they saw him behind a glass panel and all he did was cry for 30 minutes. He hadn't seen his mother in over 4 weeks, not a question of going and hugging kissing but perhaps to be able to see someone and talk it is a Godsend for others they can get children out more, particularly when they have no garden plus other benefits but stay safe, keep you're distance, stay alert because there will be more people, don't get complacent because this virus wont.

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Mon May 11, 2020 12:14 am

I think it was a joke.
These 5 users liked this post: ksrclaret THEWELLERNUT70 Lord Beamish chorleyhere Greenmile

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon May 11, 2020 12:15 am

KateR wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:12 am
NO, not at all.

Same message, Jakob mentioned it, stay apart don't mingle outside your household, continue with hand washing, basically the same message, just now there is a relaxation in where you can go and how many times, loads of people on here been saying they go for exercise more than once a day over the last few weeks.

Police saying it's a losing game, plenty of pictures and videos of people out but yes in a minority, but now people can perhaps go to see loved ones that they need to but do it in a safe way. Friends of our, his mother died Friday night, drove for 2 hours to see his father, 92 years old, they saw him behind a glass panel and all he did was cry for 30 minutes. He hadn't seen his mother in over 4 weeks, not a question of going and hugging kissing but perhaps to be able to see someone and talk it is a Godsend for others they can get children out more, particularly when they have no garden plus other benefits but stay safe, keep you're distance, stay alert because there will be more people, don't get complacent because this virus wont.
So people can go to visit loved ones now?

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Mon May 11, 2020 12:16 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:10 am
It’s the employers duty to contact the employee, the employee doesn’t have to do anything until he hears from the employer, that part was directed towards the employer, it’s down to them really now to decide on adjustments & whether the workplace can be arranged & organised safely, I don’t think anybody currently furloughed will be going into work today unless the employers been in touch to tell them to do so.
He ought to have said that then.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Mon May 11, 2020 12:18 am

Burnley Ace wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:08 am
Oh come on!! You really think people are going to bed tonight thinking “oh I better be in work for 9am” I don’t think anyone who actually thinks that is capable of getting dressed in the morning never mind actually having a job!
I think some people will have seriously asked that question, yes. Why wouldn't they if they worked in those professions?

And I didn't mean I fully understood the message, I didn't, I meant I did not need further clarity because the message tonight didn't affect me.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 11, 2020 12:22 am

ksrclaret wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:16 am
He ought to have said that then.
I said he should have been clearer, had he been more clearer & precise then it could have come across as if he was being condescending & patronising, I’m assuming more comprehensive information will be updated via the media outlets & government websites.

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon May 11, 2020 12:23 am

ksrclaret wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:18 am
I think some people will have seriously asked that question, yes. Why wouldn't they if they worked in those professions?

And I didn't mean I fully understood the message, I didn't, I meant I did not need further clarity because the message tonight didn't affect me.
I’m sorry I just cannot accept that anyone thinks they have to turn up at work at 9am tomorrow. You’re a teacher - which bit did you not understand?

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon May 11, 2020 12:26 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:15 am
Yes, though the caveat is that the same basic instructions apply. If can’t grasp those perhaps it’s best if you just wait a bit longer b

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon May 11, 2020 12:30 am

Burnley Ace wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:26 am
Yes, though the caveat is that the same basic instructions apply. If can’t grasp those perhaps it’s best if you just wait a bit longer b
You’re implying that I can’t grasp the rules yet you’re claiming that I am allowed to visit family members. So can you please assist me by pointing me in the direction of where we have been told that we can visit our family?

Obviously these are really clear and basic instructions yet for some reason nobody seems to have a clear and basic understanding of them.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Mon May 11, 2020 12:31 am

Burnley Ace wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:23 am
I’m sorry I just cannot accept that anyone thinks they have to turn up at work at 9am tomorrow. You’re a teacher - which bit did you not understand?
The bit where certain workers are "actively encouraged" to go to work from tomorrow.

I'm sure you will be able to give me your interpretation of what that means just as I have my interpretation, but if I was one of those workers I'd have liked the message from the government to tell me everything I needed to know about that.

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon May 11, 2020 12:32 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:15 am
I don't think I really said that but if I did I apologise. What I heard was that people can go further afield now so that indeed means you can go and see someone but under the same safe conditions outlined and what I said, no hugging, no kissing, since you need things very clear no touching no getting closer than the safe distance.

The this where the bit about waiting for details tomorrow and using your brain comes in, if you have someone in a care home, elderly then the care home might (I hope) not let you in, but if they did I would expect you to realise the danger to them and not go anywhere close but you could hopefully see them through a window.

I recently saw a video of where a care home on a nice day let residents out, in gloves and masks, sat apart and relatives were able to slowly drive past, windows open, with masks on and talk to loved ones, carers where on hand to police all this.

you've been told by others not just me, on every single objective you bring up in terms of it's not clear, stop trying to justify yourself it's embarrassing

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon May 11, 2020 12:40 am

ksrclaret wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:31 am
The bit where certain workers are "actively encouraged" to go to work from tomorrow.

I'm sure you will be able to give me your interpretation of what that means just as I have my interpretation, but if I was one of those workers I'd have liked the message from the government to tell me everything I needed to know about that.
for goodness sake there are millions of people working so how come you can't understand what has been said and also wait for details tomorrow, what do you want a letter from BJ or a minister with a wet signature to tell you what to do.

certain workers are "actively encouraged" to go to work from tomorrow. You see millions stood at the factory gates with no masks tomorrow morning waiting for the door to open, wondering why they haven't opened

I and others see millions in the morning thing shall I email or call plus many saying F**k that, it didn't mean me, can't see we would need to open now.

You should be in bed now if you are going in to work in the morning, don't be falling asleep on the job.

Why don't you be helpful and tell us all what you are going to do tomorrow that is different after BJ's talk?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon May 11, 2020 12:40 am

KateR wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:32 am
I don't think I really said that but if I did I apologise. What I heard was that people can go further afield now so that indeed means you can go and see someone but under the same safe conditions outlined and what I said, no hugging, no kissing, since you need things very clear no touching no getting closer than the safe distance.

The this where the bit about waiting for details tomorrow and using your brain comes in, if you have someone in a care home, elderly then the care home might (I hope) not let you in, but if they did I would expect you to realise the danger to them and not go anywhere close but you could hopefully see them through a window.

I recently saw a video of where a care home on a nice day let residents out, in gloves and masks, sat apart and relatives were able to slowly drive past, windows open, with masks on and talk to loved ones, carers where on hand to police all this.

you've been told by others not just me, on every single objective you bring up in terms of it's not clear, stop trying to justify yourself it's embarrassing
Well yes you did say it. We have been told that we can go further afield to exercise with members of our own household but we haven’t been told that we can travel to see other family.

You called people sheep in your pathetic first post on this topic, yet you obviously don’t have an understanding of the latest rules. So you have proven that the information provided isn’t clear and that you were wrong to call the people who questioned this sheep.

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon May 11, 2020 12:41 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:30 am
You’re implying that I can’t grasp the rules yet you’re claiming that I am allowed to visit family members. So can you please assist me by pointing me in the direction of where we have been told that we can visit our family?

Obviously these are really clear and basic instructions yet for some reason nobody seems to have a clear and basic understanding of them.
People will be allowed to meet one other member of another household at a time outdoors, either while exercising or sitting down.

If you don’t understand what that means I suggest you err on the side of caution and stay away.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Mon May 11, 2020 12:45 am

KateR wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:40 am
for goodness sake there are millions of people working so how come you can't understand what has been said and also wait for details tomorrow, what do you want a letter from BJ or a minister with a wet signature to tell you what to do.

certain workers are "actively encouraged" to go to work from tomorrow. You see millions stood at the factory gates with no masks tomorrow morning waiting for the door to open, wondering why they haven't opened

I and others see millions in the morning thing shall I email or call plus many saying F**k that, it didn't mean me, can't see we would need to open now.

You should be in bed now if you are going in to work in the morning, don't be falling asleep on the job.

Why don't you be helpful and tell us all what you are going to do tomorrow that is different after BJ's talk?
I've already said I don't need to do anything different because it didn't affect me. I'm a teacher so I'll continue with distance learning until, or if, my Y12s return. There are people who will need to do things differently from tomorrow though.

You should really read posts thoroughly and make sure you understand them before attacking them. That sort of thing has tripped you up before.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon May 11, 2020 12:46 am

Burnley Ace wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:41 am
People will be allowed to meet one other member of another household at a time outdoors, either while exercising or sitting down.

If you don’t understand what that means I suggest you err on the side of caution and stay away.
Hold on - so we can go out and meet a member of our family while exercising or sitting down? Obviously I understand what that means, I just didn’t hear the PM tell me that was permissible.

Could it be that you’re proving other people’s point that the instructions aren’t clear?

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon May 11, 2020 12:47 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:40 am
Well yes you did say it. We have been told that we can go further afield to exercise with members of our own household but we haven’t been told that we can travel to see other family.

You called people sheep in your pathetic first post on this topic, yet you obviously don’t have an understanding of the latest rules. So you have proven that the information provided isn’t clear and that you were wrong to call the people who questioned this sheep.
going further afield means you can go further, exercise, walk, bike some can go to see loved ones that couldn't yesterday, what is you don't understand you really are proving yourself to be ........... I mentioned seeing people in relation to a friends loss and not touching, going near.

He said in addition to being able to leave home as many times as they wish for exercise or to sunbathe in parks, people in England would also be able to drive to other destinations.

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Mon May 11, 2020 12:50 am

Burnley Ace wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:41 am

Intrigued how you’ve interpreted that you can meet other members of a household while “sitting down”.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon May 11, 2020 12:53 am

KateR wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:47 am
going further afield means you can go further, exercise, walk, bike some can go to see loved ones that couldn't yesterday, what is you don't understand you really are proving yourself to be ........... I mentioned seeing people in relation to a friends loss and not touching, going near.
We have been told that we can exercise more and travel to places, such as parks, with members of our household. We haven’t, to my knowledge, been told that we can travel to visit loved ones so why are you claiming we can?

The amusing thing is you have called people sheep for not being able to use their brains, yet you have proven you haven’t been able to comprehend the latest guidance.
These 4 users liked this post: Swizzlestick Lord Beamish chorleyhere Greenmile

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon May 11, 2020 12:54 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:46 am
Hold on - so we can go out and meet a member of our family while exercising or sitting down? Obviously I understand what that means, I just didn’t hear the PM tell me that was permissible.

Could it be that you’re proving other people’s point that the instructions aren’t clear?
It's really clear when you read them:
He said in addition to being able to leave home as many times as they wish for exercise or to sunbathe in parks, people in England would also be able to drive to other destinations.

Or did you think people would be sunbathing stood up?

You're really proving why they are unclear, you've not read the details of today let alone wait for the details of tomorrow.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon May 11, 2020 12:58 am

KateR wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:54 am
It's really clear when you read them:

Or did you think people would be sunbathing stood up?
You’re really not making sense. Why would people be sunbathing whilst stood up?

We have not been told that we can visit loved ones, it’s as simple as that. Why are you claiming otherwise? You’ve demonstrated exactly why people are criticising the latest guidance - because you have shown a total misunderstanding of it.
These 2 users liked this post: Lord Beamish chorleyhere

aggi
Been Liked: 2122 times

Post by aggi » Mon May 11, 2020 1:01 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:46 am

It seems the press (BBC, ITV and Sky are all saying this) have been separately briefed on this and one person from a household can meet (at a distance) one person from another household. (Only one though for some reason.)
https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1259568847713165314

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon May 11, 2020 1:03 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:58 am
You’re really not making sense. Why would people be sunbathing whilst stood up?

We have not been told that we can visit loved ones, it’s as simple as that. Why are you claiming otherwise? You’ve demonstrated exactly why people are criticising the latest guidance - because you have shown a total misunderstanding of it.
please please try to keep up with what you write yourself, always helpful when having a conversation or trying to debate, you're the one asking people to clarify that we can sit down with loved ones now, hence the sunbathing comments.

I have shown you wrong several time, time you pulled your neck in now because it's embarrassing to read time after time. You said we can only exercise more, I showed you where we can DRIVE to other destinations, for the third and final time I mentioned loved ones as possible but not so you can go and sit at the table with them touch them in anyway, stop wriggling and just accept it and wait until more details tomorrow.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Mon May 11, 2020 1:05 am

aggi wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:01 am
It seems the press (BBC, ITV and Sky are all saying this) have been separately briefed on this and one person from a household can meet (at a distance) one person from another household. (Only one though for some reason.)
And to think there are people genuinely arguing that the messaging has been clear, easy to follow and is easy to understand.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon May 11, 2020 1:05 am

KateR wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:03 am
please please try to keep up with what you write yourself, always helpful when having a conversation or trying to debate, you're the one asking people to clarify that we can sit down with loved ones now, hence the sunbathing comments.

I have shown you wrong several time, time you pulled your neck in now because it's embarrassing to read time after time. You said we can only exercise more, I showed you where we can DRIVE to other destinations, for the third and final time I mentioned loved ones as possible but not so you can go and sit at the table with them touch them in anyway, stop wriggling and just accept it and wait until more details tomorrow.
So will you be visiting loved ones based on the latest statement?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon May 11, 2020 1:07 am

aggi wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:01 am
Well as ksr says that shows how unclear the message is. I watched the PM’s speech but haven’t bothered to read any news since. Crazy to think that the rules have changed in a matter of a few hours.

atlantalad
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by atlantalad » Mon May 11, 2020 1:34 am

Reading through many of the above posts I am wondering how many of the posters have managed to survive thus far in life. Seriously, many seemingly lack the common sense and competence to make decisions for themselves. May be it's because they were exposed to a spoon fed education system. They must give their crystal ball a quick polish each morning to ensure they gain enough sense and guidance to make it through the day.

I can understand a teacher needing to spell out, clear and precise, instructions for pupils but surely, as adults, we should ( may be I am assuming too much here) have enough nounce to sensibly interpret the meaning of the stay alert message without having the minutia of every possible scenario explained to us.

So, some posters are either truely lacking any nuance of common sense or are deliberately baiting for the sole purpose of being argumentative.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Mon May 11, 2020 6:16 am

The same coveidiots who are already ignoring the lockdown, are going to carry on ignoring the lockdown, the rest of us will go about our business sensibly keeping distance from people not in our households. It's really not that difficult to understand.
These 2 users liked this post: randomclaret2 KateR

Darthlaw
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Mon May 11, 2020 6:39 am

You have to wonder if they’ll resurface this morning, as Boris didn’t explicitly tell everyone to wake up today.
These 2 users liked this post: KateR claretandy