Drive by shooting

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Re: Drive by shooting

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Mon May 25, 2020 3:29 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:15 pm
No, I want to be part of the process making the decision, the lethal injection comment was 1 idea how you could carry out the capital punishment action without any fuss, going off some of the other posts making my idea out to be some kind of X factor style arrangement where you get phone ins & poking fun as if I was suggesting some kind of fun spectacle. The idea is to simply put it to the public to decide on sentencing as opposed to a judge, justice would work for everybody on a democratic basis.
Can I just make sure that burning someone like the film The Wicker Man will be an option?

Not sure I can get onboard until that’s confirmed.
These 3 users liked this post: Rileybobs GodIsADeeJay81 Damo

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:35 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:15 pm
No, I want to be part of the process making the decision, the lethal injection comment was 1 idea how you could carry out the capital punishment action without any fuss, going off some of the other posts making my idea out to be some kind of X factor style arrangement where you get phone ins & poking fun as if I was suggesting some kind of fun spectacle. The idea is to simply put it to the public to decide on sentencing as opposed to a judge, justice would work for everybody on a democratic basis.
You want to put it to the public who are largely ignorant of the laws of this country?
A public who would decide when their emotions are running high so they'd be unable to think clearly and objectively?
You don't interact with people that often do you?

We can't have capital punishment because we are still unable to get all court sentencing 100% accurate.

For example Jemma Beale managed to get several men convicted for rape and violent sexual assault despite there being no evidence that they'd done it, apart from injuries she'd self-inflicted.
She lied for the attention and you're telling me you want the death penalty in this country?

What about that paedophile that falsely claimed there was a paedophile ring in the upper echelons of government/power in the UK?
That one dragged on for ages until they finally discovered he was lying.

Our justice system just simply isn't foolproof enough to justify capital punishment.
Americas isn't either but they still persist with it.
This user liked this post: Swizzlestick

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 25, 2020 9:51 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:35 pm
You want to put it to the public who are largely ignorant of the laws of this country?
A public who would decide when their emotions are running high so they'd be unable to think clearly and objectively?
You don't interact with people that often do you?

We can't have capital punishment because we are still unable to get all court sentencing 100% accurate.

For example Jemma Beale managed to get several men convicted for rape and violent sexual assault despite there being no evidence that they'd done it, apart from injuries she'd self-inflicted.
She lied for the attention and you're telling me you want the death penalty in this country?

What about that paedophile that falsely claimed there was a paedophile ring in the upper echelons of government/power in the UK?
That one dragged on for ages until they finally discovered he was lying.

Our justice system just simply isn't foolproof enough to justify capital punishment.
Americas isn't either but they still persist with it.
I'd like everybody to decide democratically on the punishments regarding offenders, I interact enough to notice the systematic flaws & the amount of people griping about the system & more importantly there personal opinion on what there thought the punishment should have been, the public wouldn't be involved in assessing evidence or deciding guilt, when guilts been established 100% beyond any doubt, the public then decide, the offender whichever way you look at it gets punished/sentenced, nobody is circumventing any procedural processes before conviction, absolutely no differences emerge past the point before the judge sentences, the judge is displaced by the public to sentence.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Mon May 25, 2020 10:04 pm

I personally can't wait until people who can't spell or correctly punctuate a sentence are allowed to decide who should be executed.
These 2 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 tim_noone

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:11 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:51 pm
I'd like everybody to decide democratically on the punishments regarding offenders, I interact enough to notice the systematic flaws & the amount of people griping about the system & more importantly there personal opinion on what there thought the punishment should have been, the public wouldn't be involved in assessing evidence or deciding guilt, when guilts been established 100% beyond any doubt, the public then decide, the offender whichever way you look at it gets punished/sentenced, nobody is circumventing any procedural processes before conviction, absolutely no differences emerge past the point before the judge sentences, the judge is displaced by the public to sentence.
Guilt isn't always established 100% beyond any doubt, that's why I gave you examples, which I'll assume you didn't check out.

We've got very recent examples of people going to prison for crimes they didn't commit and you're trying to tell me that you want capitol punishment...

We've also got examples of people managing to avoid prison for crimes its reasonable to assume they did commit because our justice system failed in their duty.

We see people in the heat of the moment saying child abusers should be hung, but on the flip side we see false accusations against people resulting in assault or suicide.
Capitol punishment is not a deterrent, if it was it then the USA wouldn't have such a massive number of prisoners, 1 out of every 100 people.

Is our prison system soft?
Yes it is, I know people who've been to prison and they'll tell you it's easy to do.
I know some people who don't want to go back in so they behave themselves but we have a massive number of repeat offenders in this country because prison isn't a hardship for them.

We don't do enough to block mobile phone signals for example, or stop drugs getting in etc.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 25, 2020 10:26 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:11 pm
Guilt isn't always established 100% beyond any doubt, that's why I gave you examples, which I'll assume you didn't check out.

We've got very recent examples of people going to prison for crimes they didn't commit and you're trying to tell me that you want capitol punishment...

We've also got examples of people managing to avoid prison for crimes its reasonable to assume they did commit because our justice system failed in their duty.

We see people in the heat of the moment saying child abusers should be hung, but on the flip side we see false accusations against people resulting in assault or suicide.
Capitol punishment is not a deterrent, if it was it then the USA wouldn't have such a massive number of prisoners, 1 out of every 100 people.

Is our prison system soft?
Yes it is, I know people who've been to prison and they'll tell you it's easy to do.
I know some people who don't want to go back in so they behave themselves but we have a massive number of repeat offenders in this country because prison isn't a hardship for them.

We don't do enough to block mobile phone signals for example, or stop drugs getting in etc.
We are talking about extreme offenders committing heavy duty major league crimes, the evidence would be 100% forensically soundproof, it's a deterrent in the way that the same person wouldn't commit the crime, I know I'd think twice before doing something if I thought I'd be getting capital punishment, they'd be a substantial time lapse whilst gathering the overview so the public could decide without emotions, time has no bearing, you can think of hindley & Brady as an example 20 years on or so to this day they'd still swing for what they did, you could give it another 50 years they would still go the same way, some people are evil & need exterminating.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:10 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:26 pm
We are talking about extreme offenders committing heavy duty major league crimes, the evidence would be 100% forensically soundproof, it's a deterrent in the way that the same person wouldn't commit the crime, I know I'd think twice before doing something if I thought I'd be getting capital punishment, they'd be a substantial time lapse whilst gathering the overview so the public could decide without emotions, time has no bearing, you can think of hindley & Brady as an example 20 years on or so to this day they'd still swing for what they did, you could give it another 50 years they would still go the same way, some people are evil & need exterminating.
We still have miscarriages of justice, that's why we can't have capital punishment.

We had people executed wrongly last time we had capital punishment.

Our justice system isn't foolproof, regardless of what you're saying.

Execution has never been enough of a deterrent, it might be for you but you're not a hardened criminal.

A tougher prison system is a better idea.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Mon May 25, 2020 11:12 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:26 pm
Soundproof forensic evidence? Genius stuff.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Mon May 25, 2020 11:12 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:12 pm
Soundproof forensic evidence? Genius stuff.
Not sure why no one has thought of it before