ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by DCWat » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:05 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:27 pm
So why do you think Burnley have not done that then ?
Surely you have seen enough of the club to see we don’t have the best IT systems / infrastructure.
Plus it would not have been straightforward (or even possible) to get their 3rd party IT providers to do something like this given the lockdown situation
I think that probably sums up the reasons. Refunds, for any reasons previously, will have likely been dealt with on an individual basis.

When it comes to a large scale operation, it could simply be down to the lack of experience and the necessary technology.

What that shouldn’t stop is good communication. Hardly something that the club has the best of records for, across pretty much every medium.
This user liked this post: TVC15

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:18 pm

DCWat wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:05 pm
I think that probably sums up the reasons. Refunds, for any reasons previously, will have likely been dealt with on an individual basis.

When it comes to a large scale operation, it could simply be down to the lack of experience and the necessary technology.

What that shouldn’t stop is good communication. Hardly something that the club has the best of records for, across pretty much every medium.
Cost will come into it as well. There are plenty of IT security/information security contractors out there, who are goverment /police vetted to the required level, who could have put the processes in place relatively quickly, but they don't come cheap.
This user liked this post: DCWat

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12358 times

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:49 am

Some of the queries on this thread regarding next season's season ticket would easily be answered if the club put out something like this from Everton -

EVERTON 2020/21 SEASON TICKET FAQS
How can I renew my Season Ticket for 2020/21?

1) You can renew your Season Ticket online by clicking through to your online account, where your seat will be displayed, ready for you to add it to your basket.

2) Supporters can call the Fan Centre on 0151 556 1878 and speak to a member of the team. We will be happy to answer any queries you may have prior to purchase. Phone lines are open Monday-Friday, between 8am-6pm.

3) You can renew your Season Ticket on a six-month Direct Debit, either over the phone or online.

Can I still renew by Direct Debit?

Yes. You can still renew your 2020/21 Season Ticket on a six-month Direct Debit providing the application is made before the renewal window closes. All Direct Debit applications are made subject to a credit check and a £40 transaction fee is applied. Your first payment will be taken on Monday 3 August, providing you apply before 20 July.*

*Any applications after this date will result in the first payment being taken in the following 7-10 working days.

I'm a current Season Ticket Member. How long will my seat be held for?

To guarantee the same seat for the 2020/21 season, existing Season Ticket Members will need to renew before the Season Ticket deadline on Tuesday 28 July.

Can I renew my Season Ticket after Tuesday 28 July?

You will not be able to renew your Season Ticket after this date. If you have not renewed by this date, your seat will be retained by the Club and offered to those on the waiting list.

What if the 2020/21 season is played behind closed doors?

If games in the 2020/21 season are affected in any way, the Club will refund supporters the pro-rata value of any missed games.

When will fans be able to return to Goodison Park?

There is currently no set date. We will follow government guidelines, which will dictate when live sport can resume with fans in attendance. Everton remain committed to protecting supporters and the NHS. Football will not resume at Goodison Park with fans in attendance until the government advises it is safe to do so.

Will games behind closed doors be available to watch?

All 2019/20 Premier League games are available to watch in the United Kingdom on either Sky Sports, BT Sport, Amazon Prime or BBC. Please click here for more information on how to watch the remainder of the 2019/20 season.

Currently there is no update on 2020/21 TV distribution.

Can I change the name of the person on my Season Ticket?

If you are an existing Season Ticket Member wishing to keep your seat but change the name it is assigned to, please contact us either via service.desk@evertonfc.com or by post: Fan Centre, Everton Football Club, 7th Floor, Royal Liver Building, Liverpool, L3 1HU. Please include information on the change of ownership and also provide details of who will be taking over the Season Ticket.

When will I receive my Season Ticket pack/card, once I have renewed?

The Club are aiming to deliver 2020/21 Season Ticket Member packs by mid-September.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:53 am

Or even something like this from Sunderland. They are late with the refunds but at least it is clear.

Sunderland AFC would like to thank supporters for their continued patience and advise them of the following details relating to the 2019-20 refund process.

As previously announced, all season card holders are entitled to a pro-rata refund for the club’s cancelled home fixtures against Shrewsbury Town, Accrington Stanley and Peterborough United.

And supporters that purchased single match tickets for the club’s remaining games – home and away – are entitled to a full refund.

The refund process will take place via the following phases:

PHASE ONE: Home match tickets – 6 July ‘til 17 July
PHASE TWO: Away match tickets – 27 July ‘til 7 August
PHASE THREE: Season cards – 17 August ‘til 28 August

If a supporter is eligible for a refund, a credit balance will be applied to the ‘Account Cashback’ section within their online ticketing account in line with the dates above.

This process applies to all ticket purchases, including those made in person, by cash payment and via Direct Debit.

After logging in, supporters must enter the bank details they wish to use for the refund transaction before the expiry of each phase, after which point all cashback refunds will be processed.

Meanwhile, our commercial team are currently in the process of contacting our commercial clients in order to talk through the options available to them.

The Stadium of Light Box Office remains closed to the public and further information regarding its re-opening will be announced in due course.

We would like to once again thank supporters for their continued patience and understanding throughout what remains an incredibly challenging time for us all.
This user liked this post: Leisure

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:56 am

Posted on the BFC's website on 6 July -

At the beginning of June, Burnley Football Club began the refund process for those 2019/20 season ticket holders who unfortunately were not able to attend the final four homes games of the Premier League season, due to them being played behind closed doors.

The cash value of the four games to be played behind closed doors was automatically refunded back onto seasoncards in the form of points, allowing supporters the greatest range of options of what they wished to do with their refund value from then on:

1. Keep the value of points on your seasoncard and redeem them against future Clarets Store or ticket purchases
2. Donate to Youth Development
3. Request the points value be transferred into a cash value and paid back onto supporters bank card.

The club deadline of 30th June to choose what you would like to do with your refunded points total has now passed.

If you requested your refund value to either be donated to youth development, or passed back to you as a bank tranfer please be aware that this process has now started and supporters should begin seeing the transfer in their accounts over the coming days/weeks.

We kindly ask for patience as we now run this process. We have all your bank transfer application requests, for what is a complex & large project. Due to Government guidelines the club continues to run to a restricted number of staff in all areas of the business and we aim to get through all requested bank transfer payments as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and support.

If you did not request a bank transfer please remember that the value of the four games you missed will be held on your seasoncards as points. These will not expire until 2021 and will be available to use towards purchases in the Clarets Store or towards a future season ticket*. If you request a card refund payment, these points will be taken off your seasoncard and will no longer be available.

Click here or full information on season ticket refunds.

* Please note, teamcard points can only be redeemed towards the cost of an up front payment for season tickets. This option unfortunately is not available on direct debit.

END

I'm not clear from the above just what happens to people who haven't notified the club by the 30th June of what their preference is but I would think that the value will just stay on their seasoncard but I will check with the club.

UPDATE - The club have confirmed that for anyone who didn't notify them of their preference by the 30th June, the refund value is now on their seasoncard and will stay there for the next 12 months. Also, all information required for the refunds to be processed has now been passed from the Ticket Office to the club's Finance section. So it's now in their hands and there is no point now anyone contacting the Ticket Office any further for an update on the process.

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:56 pm

Everton charging a £40 transaction fee for payment by DD over 6 months !!!!!!!!

That's a bit steep - at least we aren't charging any fees. Something to be grateful for.
These 3 users liked this post: Leisure simonclaret AGENT_CLARET

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:05 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:56 pm
Everton charging a £40 transaction fee for payment by DD over 6 months !!!!!!!!

That's a bit steep - at least we aren't charging any fees. Something to be grateful for.
I think there is a fee at virtually every club - something else we can thank Dave Baldwin for.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:06 pm

I've just received the following email from the club:

We would like to pass on our thoughts to all supporters and hope you have enjoyed the return of Premier League football.

As you will be aware, the final four Premier League home games of the 2019/20 season are being played behind closed doors, and so all season ticket holders were due refunds for these missed games. All refunds were placed on to seasoncards in the form of TeamCard points, and supporters were given the choice of leaving them on their cards, donating to youth development, or transferring the points value into direct payment to your bank account.

The deadline for the options closed on 30th June, and we can confirm that we have received your application to transfer your points as cash into your chosen bank account.

This process is now underway and supporters will see the bank transfer payment entering their chosen bank accounts over the coming days/weeks.

This is a large and complex project for us to complete, while also still running under restricted coronavirus working guidelines, so we kindly ask for your patience as we get this process completed.

If you have already received the bank transfer into your account please disregard this email.

Thank you for your support.

claretblue
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 961 times

Post by claretblue » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:12 pm

me too! :D

UTC

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:14 pm

And me! UTC

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:14 pm

And me...

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:15 pm

Is there a market offering odds on who will be the first to post they not received the email ?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:17 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:15 pm
Is there a market offering odds on who will be the first to post they not received the email ?
Well I'm disappointed, I thought I'd been singled out for special attention. :D

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:18 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:15 pm
I haven’t...

Oh hang on a minute... yes, yes I’ve recieved it too

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:23 pm

In terms of next season I think the Premier League are meeting today or tomorrow for further discussions on allowing supporters back.

Spurs fans received an email communication last night apparently which referenced a couple of potential options around balloting season ticket holders but trying to ensure it was an equal / fair distribution. There was no indication of how much of the ground would be available.
They also mentioned about paying for next season ticket over a 6 month period.
It’s was the one of Hawksey & Jacobs in Talk Sport who is a Spurs fan who was talking about the email he received.
They both seemed optimistic about some fans being allowed in for the start of the new season and that the league were having discussions about a coordinated approach across the clubs - I’m guessing so they have some proposals to approach the culture secretary with.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:25 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:23 pm
In terms of next season I think the Premier League are meeting today or tomorrow for further discussions on allowing supporters back.

Spurs fans received an email communication last night apparently which referenced a couple of potential options around balloting season ticket holders but trying to ensure it was an equal / fair distribution. There was no indication of how much of the ground would be available.
They also mentioned about paying for next season ticket over a 6 month period.
It’s was the one of Hawksey & Jacobs in Talk Sport who is a Spurs fan who was talking about the email he received.
They both seemed optimistic about some fans being allowed in for the start of the new season and that the league were having discussions about a coordinated approach across the clubs - I’m guessing so they have some proposals to approach the culture secretary with.
The Spurs fan reps had a meeting with their club in the last couple of days to discuss possibilities for next season.

There has been a PL Shareholders meeting today. Not sure what was discussed other than possible dates for the transfer window.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:30 pm

Last edited by Leisure on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

yosserhughes
Been Liked: 36 times
Has Liked: 363 times

Post by yosserhughes » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:31 pm

Just received the email.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:34 pm

I'd be interested to see a confirmation from every poster who has received the email please. Also, can those of you who still haven't received the refund please keep updating us when you still haven't received your refund.

DAVETHEVICAR
Been Liked: 823 times
Has Liked: 1607 times

Post by DAVETHEVICAR » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:34 pm

Got mine

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:43 pm

Got mine

Eloise Laws
Been Liked: 321 times
Has Liked: 247 times

Post by Eloise Laws » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:49 pm

Got ours - one each in this house!

Sheedyclaret
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by Sheedyclaret » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:49 pm

Received 2 emails...

Conroysleftfoot
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 293 times

Post by Conroysleftfoot » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:54 pm

Email received

Paranoid
Been Liked: 47 times
Has Liked: 198 times

Post by Paranoid » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:58 pm

Received mine

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:59 pm

Got no email but got a refund.. Odd.

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:05 pm

Thanks for kind thoughts and offers fellow Clarets.

Just received 2 emails.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:05 pm

I’ve still got my email.

strayclaret
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by strayclaret » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:22 pm

Email received
Roger and out

simonclaret
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 3596 times

Post by simonclaret » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:34 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:05 pm
I’ve still got my email.
You still haven't not got your money refunded though?

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18093 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:34 pm

Yup mine are still there ... (post above disappeared though 🤣🤣🤣 must have contravened the rules)

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:36 pm

simonclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:34 pm
You still haven't not got your money refunded though?
Just checked and unless I’ve got it in the time it’s taken me to post this then I still haven’t got the refund. Still got my email though so happy on that count.

Edit - just checked and didn’t receive the email in the time that I posted. Unless I have received it whilst typing this update.

Edit edit - still nothing.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:40 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:59 pm
Got no email but got a refund.. Odd.
You’re special...

simonclaret
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 3596 times

Post by simonclaret » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:41 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:36 pm
Just checked and unless I’ve got it in the time it’s taken me to post this then I still haven’t got the refund. Still got my email though so happy on that count.

Edit - just checked and didn’t receive the email in the time that I posted. Unless I have received it whilst typing this update.

Edit edit - still nothing.
Please update me if the email is recalled.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2194 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by fidelcastro » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:41 pm

I haven't received an email or a refund!

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:43 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:41 pm
I haven't received an email or a refund!
Maybe check your junk folder. I just checked mine and my refund was in there!!! Kerching.
These 2 users liked this post: fidelcastro simonclaret

Jimscho
Been Liked: 404 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by Jimscho » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:24 pm

Got mine.

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1133 times
Has Liked: 1604 times

Post by Claret Till I Die » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:26 pm

Got the email but no refund !

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Post by Murger » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:38 pm

Haven't got either.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:21 pm

Got the email, love the "coming days/weeks" claim....

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:29 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:43 pm
Maybe check your junk folder. I just checked mine and my refund was in there!!! Kerching.
Refund or email! Your refund was in your junk folder! :D

Burypaddy
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Burypaddy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:39 pm

Got the email no refund yet

Vince Fontaine
Been Liked: 174 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by Vince Fontaine » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:35 pm

Yep 5 emails no refunds yet
UTC

green_parrot
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 748 times

Post by green_parrot » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:43 pm

Email received.

Longsidebogs
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by Longsidebogs » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:59 pm

Received.

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:03 pm

Email received but no brass.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:32 pm

Leisure wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:29 pm
Refund or email! Your refund was in your junk folder! :D
Riley - You telling porkies?

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:33 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:43 pm
You telling porkies!

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:43 pm

Leisure wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:33 pm
You telling porkies!
Yes, sorry. I didn’t think somebody would actually check their email junk folder for a refund! :lol:

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:54 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:43 pm
Yes, sorry. I didn’t think somebody would actually check their email junk folder for a refund! :lol:
No, I didn't either. That's why I queried your stupid post! :D
This user liked this post: Rileybobs