ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
NorthIsCool
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:43 am
Been Liked: 8 times
Has Liked: 16 times
Location: Burnley / Swansea (work)

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by NorthIsCool » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:45 am

Received this morning - Bob Lord surname W

Jimscho
Posts: 657
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:34 pm
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 132 times
Location: Rawtenstall

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by Jimscho » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:49 am

Received surname S. JM upper

jrtod61
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:20 pm
Been Liked: 9 times
Has Liked: 530 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by jrtod61 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:52 am

Received yesterday. Surname R. JM Upper.

strayclaret
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:30 pm
Been Liked: 38 times
Has Liked: 42 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by strayclaret » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:51 am

strayclaret wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:04 pm
I am not counting my chickens 🐔🐔🐔🐔
I should have counted my Chickens.
The eagle has landed
Refund received :D

theboydonegood
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:52 pm
Been Liked: 8 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by theboydonegood » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:59 am

Erm. OK. Got 2 payments for the 2 identical season tickets today. BUT. different amounts. Lmao. Think they may be struggling

Tbdg

Funkydrummer
Posts: 6710
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:50 pm
Been Liked: 2425 times
Has Liked: 1691 times
Location: Burnley

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by Funkydrummer » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:09 am

Well, knock me down with a feather. W has landed in the Bob Lord.

All present and correct - well done BFC.

Funkydrummer
Posts: 6710
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:50 pm
Been Liked: 2425 times
Has Liked: 1691 times
Location: Burnley

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by Funkydrummer » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:12 am

Duplicate post.

UnderSeige
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 565 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by UnderSeige » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:36 am

I have now received my refund.

Don't blame the club for what seem to be late refunds. It does seem to be a long time but they will have had to do a lot of work to get the BACS details off to the banks. Most likely they will have had to get someone to write a program to collect the details from the club database and produce BACS files to transmit to the various banks. Then they will have had to have another program to handle Bacs Rejects from the Banks.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat strayclaret

ClaretTony
Posts: 41254
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 18738 times
Has Liked: 3425 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:42 am

Mine arrived today

UnderSeige
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 565 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by UnderSeige » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:44 am

theboydonegood wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:59 am
Erm. OK. Got 2 payments for the 2 identical season tickets today. BUT. different amounts. Lmao. Think they may be struggling

Tbdg
That sounds like a bug unless there is some manual processing going on and it is an operator error. Is it a big difference?

It might be an idea to let them know in case they need to correct something.

Leisure
Posts: 10068
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:47 pm
Been Liked: 1671 times
Has Liked: 5427 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:46 am

theboydonegood wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:59 am
Erm. OK. Got 2 payments for the 2 identical season tickets today. BUT. different amounts. Lmao. Think they may be struggling

Tbdg
You'll need to contact the Accounts Dept by email (Accounts@burnleyfc.com) to sort this.

BedfordsDad
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:33 am
Been Liked: 28 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by BedfordsDad » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:41 am

Surname "Spencer" and 2 refunds for the Bob Lord received today.
Quite a lot of criticism of the Club but this has been an enormous task and one which many airlines and holiday providers have totally ignored.
Thank you BFC.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

gandhisflipflop
Posts: 2334
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm
Been Liked: 818 times
Has Liked: 570 times
Location: Costa del Padihamos beach.

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by gandhisflipflop » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:00 pm

Still nothing in my bank account

Eloise Laws
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:28 am
Been Liked: 86 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by Eloise Laws » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:09 pm

Further to my previous post of requesting 2 but only receiving 1. I checked on Teamcard (thanks Claret Tony) and both refund requests were showing, emailed club, they said they had only received one request, but are now in the process of amending and the second one should be back within 7 days.
Hopefully sorted for everyone soon.......

tybfc
Posts: 3128
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:21 pm
Been Liked: 1212 times
Has Liked: 306 times
Location: Accrington

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by tybfc » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:01 pm

Not yet.

I've decided the money is going on a horse when I get it at odds of more than evens. When it wins I will do the same again which will pay for a one way flight home from a New Zealand university for our eldest in September.

ralphc
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:31 pm
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by ralphc » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:08 pm

Just popped into the ticket office as I hadn't received mine (surname M). They said they are now up to W so when I asked where mine was they said it should be with me within a couple of days. Very strange since both my daughters (surname M) have both had a refund in their bank earlier this week.

Also asked about a Watford ticket refund - no sign of that one being claimed so they just refunded it back to my bank card whilst I was there.

Suspect another visit might be required when the season ticket money doesn't arrive.

gandhisflipflop
Posts: 2334
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm
Been Liked: 818 times
Has Liked: 570 times
Location: Costa del Padihamos beach.

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by gandhisflipflop » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:29 pm

ralphc wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:08 pm
Just popped into the ticket office as I hadn't received mine (surname M). They said they are now up to W so when I asked where mine was they said it should be with me within a couple of days. Very strange since both my daughters (surname M) have both had a refund in their bank earlier this week.

Also asked about a Watford ticket refund - no sign of that one being claimed so they just refunded it back to my bank card whilst I was there.

Suspect another visit might be required when the season ticket money doesn't arrive.
Looks like I'll be having to go the ticket office then. Surname is N. Why doesn't this surprise me. :roll:

Awayfromburnley
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:08 am
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 25 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by Awayfromburnley » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:22 pm

Eloise Laws wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:09 pm
Further to my previous post of requesting 2 but only receiving 1. I checked on Teamcard (thanks Claret Tony) and both refund requests were showing, emailed club, they said they had only received one request, but are now in the process of amending and the second one should be back within 7 days.
Hopefully sorted for everyone soon.......

And this all along would have been sorted they put an auto acknowledgement on the application.

I simply think there has been too much manual intervention.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

MT03ALG
Posts: 938
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:50 pm
Been Liked: 172 times
Has Liked: 1985 times
Location: COTTON TREE

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by MT03ALG » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:59 pm

Refund received today (surname starts with T)

tybfc
Posts: 3128
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:21 pm
Been Liked: 1212 times
Has Liked: 306 times
Location: Accrington

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by tybfc » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:16 am

Got my money this morning so they have reached the dizzy heights of 'Y'

TVC15
Posts: 8092
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:09 pm
Been Liked: 3236 times
Has Liked: 586 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by TVC15 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:51 am

Still nothing - wonder when they will get back round to starting with A again ?!!

gandhisflipflop
Posts: 2334
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm
Been Liked: 818 times
Has Liked: 570 times
Location: Costa del Padihamos beach.

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:01 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:51 am
Still nothing - wonder when they will get back round to starting with A again ?!!
If you haven't got it now I'd go to the ticket office. I went down but left unimpressed for reasons I'm not going to go into detail on here but a letter will be making its way to the club.

cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 19846
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 7786 times
Has Liked: 10665 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:05 pm

tybfc wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:01 pm
Not yet.

I've decided the money is going on a horse when I get it at odds of more than evens. When it wins I will do the same again which will pay for a one way flight home from a New Zealand university for our eldest in September.
a one way flight out there sounds better with how they have handled the pandemic 8-)

Swizzlestick
Posts: 950
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:40 pm
Been Liked: 358 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by Swizzlestick » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:08 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:01 pm
If you haven't got it now I'd go to the ticket office. I went down but left unimpressed for reasons I'm not going to go into detail on here but a letter will be making its way to the club.
Oh, go on.

Awayfromburnley
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:08 am
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 25 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by Awayfromburnley » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:10 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:01 pm
If you haven't got it now I'd go to the ticket office. I went down but left unimpressed for reasons I'm not going to go into detail on here but a letter will be making its way to the club.
I would be interested to know.

Because after my "paranoid" post about not receiving an email confirmation when submitting my request, it appears somehow that the club did not get my request for a refund. Though my teamcard indicates otherwise.

After a few calls, and several emails and sending screenshot of teamcard they have sorted it.

The staff were helpful, but something is clearly amiss.

gandhisflipflop
Posts: 2334
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm
Been Liked: 818 times
Has Liked: 570 times
Location: Costa del Padihamos beach.

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:35 pm

Not wanting to go into detail because my overall issue goes all the way back to the summer of 2014 when they made a cock up with my season ticket which I initially put behind me but my latest issue obviously with the refunds just adds to this.

I'm not going into detail of the situation on here because you do get posters on here who will defend the club come what may so it wouldn't be fair to publicly air on here I will take it up with the complaints department privately.

ClaretTony
Posts: 41254
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 18738 times
Has Liked: 3425 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:38 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:35 pm
Not wanting to go into detail because my overall issue goes all the way back to the summer of 2014 when they made a cock up with my season ticket which I initially put behind me but my latest issue obviously with the refunds just adds to this.

I'm not going into detail of the situation on here because you do get posters on here who will defend the club come what may so it wouldn't be fair to publicly air on here I will take it up with the complaints department privately.
Then don't refer to it on here

gandhisflipflop
Posts: 2334
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm
Been Liked: 818 times
Has Liked: 570 times
Location: Costa del Padihamos beach.

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:57 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:38 pm
Then don't refer to it on here
Then delete or edit my post then Tony if you deem it inappropriate. I am advising him to go to the ticket office I'm sure they will sort any issues out.

Eloise Laws
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:28 am
Been Liked: 86 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by Eloise Laws » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:03 pm

Finally got our second season ticket refund.....took a while, but got there in the end.
Hope everyone else sorted
Last edited by Eloise Laws on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zlatan
Posts: 2640
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:06 pm
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 2321 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by Zlatan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:06 pm

Just wondering when their start the second wave of refunds...?

Eloise Laws
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:28 am
Been Liked: 86 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by Eloise Laws » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:16 pm

Just wondering when their start the second wave of refunds...?
When someone finally decides fans are not getting on the ground.....then the wait begins again!

Post Reply