ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Re: ARTICLE: Burnley confirm ticket refunds

Post by TVC15 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:11 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:05 pm
I could have yes and you can also go find out yourself
I have checked the original announcement which is still on their website and it does not mention anything about being able to retain seats - it says that you can cancel your direct debit and it will waive any cancellation fees.

But since you seem to be saying something differently it would be quite helpful to other supporters to point us in the right direction as I think a few fans would consider this option.

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:14 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:05 pm
I could have yes and you can also go find out yourself
That was only told to people who called or emailed. It was not part of any announcement.

Sean Dyche's Watch
Been Liked: 233 times

Post by Sean Dyche's Watch » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:15 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:11 pm
I have checked the original announcement which is still on their website and it does not mention anything about being able to retain seats - it says that you can cancel your direct debit and it will waive any cancellation fees.

But since you seem to be saying something differently it would be quite helpful to other supporters to point us in the right direction as I think a few fans would consider this option.
I recall reading this, but didn't want to risk losing my seat. I have had experiences previously where the club have said one thing and done another.

Has the original article on the official website been edited?

Fez
Been Liked: 57 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by Fez » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:17 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:42 am
You need to watch that Fez.
Did you sort out putting your DD on hold with BFC?
If not it can affect your credit rating.
No, I've literally been ringing daily for weeks and nobody will pick up so I've just told my bank to stop it now till I hear from Burnley.

Fez

Post by Fez » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:22 pm

Nonsense. You cant cancel your season ticket and retain your seat. Not too bothered about my exact seat in the cricket field though, sat there since it was opened to us but now we're behind a load of kids who stand on their chairs. Annoying.

Sean Dyche's Watch

Post by Sean Dyche's Watch » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:43 pm

Published on 25th June by the club:

'Over the past week, Burnley Football Club has begun the refund process for those 2019/20 season ticket holders'

Must be a slow process, because two weeks later I still don't have my refund, and I applied within minutes of the link to apply coming live on the website.

In what order are the club processing refunds? Prioritising those who have a purchase history of buying a Twix at the ground?

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:44 pm

Sean Dyche's Watch wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:15 pm
I recall reading this, but didn't want to risk losing my seat. I have had experiences previously where the club have said one thing and done another.

Has the original article on the official website been edited?
No I am pretty sure it hasn’t been edited.
I spoke to someone in the ticket office around 5 or 6 weeks ago about this and they very clearly said to me that whilst I could cancel the direct debit they could not guarantee my seat and if I then decided to purchase a season ticket at a later date they could allocate me the same seat but only if nobody had already taken it

Now - it maybe someone else in the ticket office tells you something else different to this. That would not be the first time...but as said I am pretty sure that this was not any in announcement and never published as an option.

Sean Dyche's Watch

Post by Sean Dyche's Watch » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:48 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:44 pm
No I am pretty sure it hasn’t been edited.
I spoke to someone in the ticket office around 5 or 6 weeks ago about this and they very clearly said to me that whilst I could cancel the direct debit they could not guarantee my seat and if I then decided to purchase a season ticket at a later date they could allocate me the same seat but only if nobody had already taken it

Now - it maybe someone else in the ticket office tells you something else different to this. That would not be the first time...but as said I am pretty sure that this was not any in announcement and never published as an option.
I've definitely read somewhere that the full cost of the season ticket would be due up front if the direct debit was stopped, and fans are allowed to attend games, but that your own seat could not be guaranteed, as someone else may snap it up in the meantime. Being in one of the centre blocks in the Longside Upper, there's good chance my seat would be snapped up.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3845 times
Has Liked: 2066 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:50 pm

Fez wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:22 pm
Nonsense. You cant cancel your season ticket and retain your seat. Not too bothered about my exact seat in the cricket field though, sat there since it was opened to us but now we're behind a load of kids who stand on their chairs. Annoying.
You can keep your seat in the respect that nobody else can buy it until after the early bird period has ended.

So you have another chance to buy it before anyone else.

Whitgord
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 678 times

Post by Whitgord » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:09 pm

That last point is important. I pay for my season ticket up front but have held off for the 20/21 season for obvious reasons. I will be mortified if I am not allowed first refusal on my old seat. I am assuming there will be another “early bird” period where I can pay for it before anyone else. Having said all this, I would expect DD players to be given the first chance on their old seats as well.
Ps I have not claimed the refund as I intend it to be knocked off the next season ticket as and when I buy it.

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:49 pm

"Ps I have not claimed the refund as I intend it to be knocked off the next season ticket as and when I buy it."

The best of British with that one !! :cry: ;) ;)

Whitgord
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 678 times

Post by Whitgord » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:40 pm

Why is this a problem ^^^^^^? The amount is on my club card hopefully and that was one of the possible uses for the refund.
This user liked this post: Leisure

Leisure
Been Liked: 3773 times
Has Liked: 12366 times

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:13 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:49 pm
"Ps I have not claimed the refund as I intend it to be knocked off the next season ticket as and when I buy it."

The best of British with that one !! :cry: ;) ;)
Why's that? Seems a relatively simple option to me.

Sean Dyche's Watch

Post by Sean Dyche's Watch » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:25 pm

Leisure wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:13 pm
Why's that? Seems a relatively simple option to me.
The wording says 'a future season ticket' rather than a '20/21 season ticket'. There's a reason why whoever wrote the article worded it like that (potentially).

Leisure
Been Liked: 3773 times
Has Liked: 12366 times

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:59 pm

Sean Dyche's Watch wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:25 pm
The wording says 'a future season ticket' rather than a '20/21 season ticket'. There's a reason why whoever wrote the article worded it like that (potentially).
Did you not consider that maybe it's worded like that as some fans will have already paid upfront for next year's ticket! No you didn't. It's easier to just look to criticise/call the club!
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

Sean Dyche's Watch

Post by Sean Dyche's Watch » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:08 pm

Leisure wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:59 pm
Did you not consider that maybe it's worded like that as some fans will have already paid upfront for next year's ticket! No you didn't. It's easier to just look to criticise/call the club!
You're right, I didn't consider that. Apologies.
This user liked this post: Leisure

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:12 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:50 pm
You can keep your seat in the respect that nobody else can buy it until after the early bird period has ended.

So you have another chance to buy it before anyone else.
I managed to get an email confirmation from the club in March to this effect. I did this before I cancelled my DD.

So at the moment I am waiting for the club to announce when the early bird is ending. I might then have to find a large sum of cash (impossible at the mo) or the club sees sense and reinstates the ability to pay by DD.

John Johnson 1605
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by John Johnson 1605 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:47 am

Still no refunds transferred into my bank account !

Spike
Been Liked: 595 times
Has Liked: 1225 times

Post by Spike » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:44 am

The transfers will take time which is not unreasonable.
If you don’t pay for your seat you must know you aren’t reserving it .No organisation in the world would let you cancel your payment and give you the same perks.

UnderSeige
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by UnderSeige » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:28 am

Leisure wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:59 pm
I think it's safe to say that, if the refund is left on the ticket, you will be able to redeem it against the next season ticket. I would not worry for one minute about that.

There will, in all likelyhood be another early bird period. It may be a shorter period than the January-March period though.

I will not be purchasing next seasons ticket unless I am certain that the ground will be back open and the pandemic over by the time the season starts.

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 292 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:43 am

Won't be over until a vaccine

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:44 am

BFC

On the pitch: under promise over deliver
Finances of club: under promise over deliver
Community Scheme: under promise over deliver
PR and Comminications: over promise under deliver

You’d think the last one would be the easiest one to get right.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:54 am

Wokingclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:43 am
Flu already has a vaccine, yet still very high numbers of deaths.

Coeus
Been Liked: 59 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Post by Coeus » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:55 am

It’s a puzzle to me as to why, when they opened my refund application email and updated team card, they didn’t do the refund? You have the file open, you have the details in front of you then just do the refund? May need two screens but that’s basic IT or should be?

Wokingclaret

Post by Wokingclaret » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:11 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:54 am
Flu already has a vaccine, yet still very high numbers of deaths.
Because all Flu Vaccine's are effectively predictive and unfortunately different strains will get through, plus some don't have it.

Wokingclaret

Post by Wokingclaret » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:13 am

But, yes there may never be a vaccine for Covid, but as is happening now, they will get better at treating it.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:25 am

Coeus wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:55 am
It’s a puzzle to me as to why, when they opened my refund application email and updated team card, they didn’t do the refund? You have the file open, you have the details in front of you then just do the refund? May need two screens but that’s basic IT or should be?
Because they're trying to keep your money, but look like they're being the good guys.

All businesses try it.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:32 am

Spike wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:44 am
The transfers will take time which is not unreasonable.
If you don’t pay for your seat you must know you aren’t reserving it .No organisation in the world would let you cancel your payment and give you the same perks.
And despite a poster on here insisting that this was an option you are correct - it isn’t. The below is taken from an email from the ticket office today :

“We would be unable to guarantee the availability of your seat in future, the cancellation of the season ticket will put your seat on sale to the general public.

Any payments paid towards the 20/21 season are non refundable. Season ticket holders would only be eligible for a refund if there is any disruption to the matches.

I hope this helps, if you need any more information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Ticketing Team
Burnley Football Club”

UnderSeige

Post by UnderSeige » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:35 am

Wokingclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:43 am
Possible 30 million doses of Oxford/AstraZenica vaccine available in the Autumn (if trials successful). Likely to be a vaccine that will not totally stop the disease but will help the body to fight it so that symptoms are very mild.

Chinese army already being vaccinated with one of the Chinese biotech vaccines. China, Germany, US, UK all have other vaccines in the pipeline with possible availability late this year/early next year.

Pandemic will end at some stage - even without a vaccine. All pandemics do.

UnderSeige

Post by UnderSeige » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 am

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:32 am
And despite a poster on here insisting that this was an option you are correct - it isn’t. The below is taken from an email from the ticket office today :

“We would be unable to guarantee the availability of your seat in future, the cancellation of the season ticket will put your seat on sale to the general public.

Any payments paid towards the 20/21 season are non refundable. Season ticket holders would only be eligible for a refund if there is any disruption to the matches.

I hope this helps, if you need any more information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Ticketing Team
Burnley Football Club”
I wonder if it would be possible for those on DD to transfer to single payment and keep their seat availability for the early bird period whenever that is?

I think the thing to learn from all this is not to pay by DD. Instead, put the money, that you would use for DD, aside each month. Then purchase the ticket in one single payment in the early bird period.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32243 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:42 am

UnderSeige wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 am
I think the thing to learn from all this is not to pay by DD. Instead, put the money, that you would use for DD, aside each month. Then purchase the ticket in one single payment in the early bird period.
I don't understand that at all - surely you are better paying by DD than having to pay it all at once.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:15 pm

Still nothing in my bank yet either. Really starting to annoy me now is this.

UnderSeige

Post by UnderSeige » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:33 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:42 am
I don't understand that at all - surely you are better paying by DD than having to pay it all at once.
It depends on whether you put the 'horse before the cart' or the 'cart before the horse'. If you save for it in advance the money remains in your possession until the time you use it to pay in one lump sum. If you pay by DD, and start payments before the season you owe the money for the rest of the season until all the payments have been made. I always prefer to have payments behind me rather than have purchased the good/service with the payments yet to be made in the future.

In Economics it is called 'Intertemporal Choice'.
Many of the choices we make have consequences for the future. For instance, deciding how much money to spend in the present and how much to squirrel away can greatly impact our quality of life both now and in the years ahead.
In the case of the Pandemic a lot of confusion has occurred due to people being part way through their payments and the club, through no fault of their own, being unable to provide football matches at Turf Moor. The confusion was then compounded since the end of this season's payments were coming to an end and next seasons payments were about to begin with still no idea about when football will back at the turf. Hence the questions and confusion on threads like this.

When I worked in the Insurance Industry, customers had to pay extra for paying in instalments. I don't think the club do that (as far as I know). I have noticed that a lot of companies don't charge extra for paying by DD now also. However, when they do you can end up paying a lot more for your goods and services. This also applies to Hire purchase agreements and especially to extended warranties on things like electrical goods where, often, the cost of the extended warranty, over time far exceeds the replacement cost of replacing the item with a cash purchase.

I always go by the principle of paying up front wherever practical. It works out cheaper in the long run and I am a tighter than the "tightest tike from Heckmondwike" :)
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen [pounds] nineteen [shillings] and six [pence], result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

Charles Dickens, David Copperfield
This user liked this post: Bosscat

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:48 pm

Thing is UnderSiege - if you would have followed your mantra of paying up front and all in one go for your season ticket (or indeed for lots of things) you could have already forked out up to around £500 and possibly a lot more if you are buying for family.
And right now you would be quite a lot out of pocket with no prospect of watching any football anytime soon and nothing announced by the club in terms of refunds for next years season tickets.
How would the “tightest tike” feel about that ?!!

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:49 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:32 am
1st July.
I've just checked again, it's still not in.
I am getting quite depressed now.
2nd July
I've just checked again. It's still not in.
I am beyond depressed now.
On a brighter note.
II have got my voucher now for tomorrow's food bank.
I should be able to eat tomorrow now, at least for 4-days anyhow.

Fez

Post by Fez » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:56 pm

Nothing short of a farce all this.

Can you not get a refund on the money paid for next seasons ticket then?

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:04 pm

It does seem to be taking a long time. I've only had one experience of a refund during lockdown, and that was for a cancelled holiday..... It took less than a week. I know its not a normal thing the club are geared up to deal with, but its not like they are busy selling tickets.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:16 pm

Fez wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:56 pm
Nothing short of a farce all this.

Can you not get a refund on the money paid for next seasons ticket then?
Nope

Fez

Post by Fez » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:46 pm

There's definitely ways round it, you've signed a contract with them, but the contract will be null and void as we wont be getting what we signed up to at the start of the contract, for obvious reasons. You cannot be denied a refund for next seasons tickets.

UnderSeige

Post by UnderSeige » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:55 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:48 pm
Thing is UnderSiege - if you would have followed your mantra of paying up front and all in one go for your season ticket (or indeed for lots of things) you could have already forked out up to around £500 and possibly a lot more if you are buying for family.
And right now you would be quite a lot out of pocket with no prospect of watching any football anytime soon and nothing announced by the club in terms of refunds for next years season tickets.
How would the “tightest tike” feel about that ?!!
I didn't. I pay for it at the end of of the 'Early Bird Period' usually. I'm not sure what he would feel about that.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:18 pm

Has anyone seen or heard from claretonthecoast1882 as he seems to have gone MIA from this thread? I do hope he's ok and is back soon :(

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:20 pm

Here you dull troll, what's up ?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:26 pm

Hooray :) :) :)

UnderSeige

Post by UnderSeige » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Grumps wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:04 pm
It does seem to be taking a long time. I've only had one experience of a refund during lockdown, and that was for a cancelled holiday..... It took less than a week. I know its not a normal thing the club are geared up to deal with, but its not like they are busy selling tickets.
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure the club will get refunds to everyone.

Sheedyclaret
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by Sheedyclaret » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:32 pm

UnderSeige wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Am sure they will, its just when we'd all like to know..

Coeus
Been Liked: 59 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Post by Coeus » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:39 pm

They may well do eventually but some may have budgeted and spent what the club said was aimed to be given back by 26th June. It’s ok saying they shouldn’t have given that date but they did and still as of today it’s unclear what is going on and when they can refund. No communication is a real issue for me and think it’s totally unprofessional. Can I suggest we have a mushroom coloured away strip for the fans next season?
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:44 pm

UnderSeige wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:21 pm
Iam not worried
I've never said they wouldnt
It seems to be taking a while compared with the other similar experience I've had, that's all.

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:11 pm

Grumps wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:44 pm
Iam not worried
I am.

Man Utd fans got theirs over a week ago. Daughter's boyfriend even had his personal cancelled train ticket to a cancellef match in London reimbursed.

bfcbri
Been Liked: 16 times
Has Liked: 63 times

Post by bfcbri » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:32 pm

The thing that is just a little difficult to understand is that I got a refund for the three Man City tickets I bought on the 9th of June. Nearly a month later and it sounds as though season ticket refunds haven't even started yet

It will be interesting to see what happens if they have to do the same next season

UTC

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1780 times
Has Liked: 1778 times

Post by dougcollins » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:49 pm

Has anyone actually received a ST refund yet?

I'm not desperate, just curious.