Dominic Cummings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by bfcmik » Mon May 25, 2020 9:53 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:52 pm
A funeral of a constituent, not even a family member and then went to a reception, packed into a room with 100 people, no distancing or masks - “totally irresponsible stated West Midlands PCC - all these people that haven’t been able to attend funerals of family members yet he thought it was alright for him. I’ve not seen the mobile billboard outside his house playing their testimonies or articles in the Guardian saying how outraged they were.

Compare his treatment to the man that drives to an empty house because he’s worried about the possible consequences for his son.

If you can’t see the difference then your bigotry has twisted you out of any sense of proportion.
West Mids Police report: West Midlands Police confirmed it was called to Sutton New Hall Cemetery following reports of a large crowd of people.

"On arrival, officers found approximately 15 people socially-distanced into family groups, therefore no action was taken," the force said.

Mr Jamieson (Conservative Police& Crime Commissionner elected on a 8.7% turnout) issued a statement on Friday in which he said Mr Ali had been "undermining the work of the police" by attending.

"He should be setting an example. He very clearly isn't," he said. "He is not serving his constituents by endangering their lives."

Dominic Cummings's wife has immediate family relatives living in London - why would they decide to go to Durham? If they looked after themselves whilst they were there why couldn't they have looked after themselves at home. And what if their car had had a breakdown or an accident on the journey? They would have been putting traffic officers/breakdown service people and possibly ambulance paramedics at distinct risk (which is why the no driving anywhere rule was implemented and emphasised) - especially as they were presenting symptoms of CoVid19.
This user liked this post: chorleyhere

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Post by bfcmik » Mon May 25, 2020 9:58 pm

Anyhow, I reckon we will now see significant relaxations of the lockdown rules announced this week so the social media fury can be deflected to "2nd wave" ranting and declarations that we are all going to die in a fortnight instead of fingers pointing at Boris's puppetmaster.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:02 pm

huw.Y.WattfromWare wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:15 pm
Because he was the major noise behind all these, apparently now whimsical, lockdown laws.
Others in lesser positions than him had the good grace to fall on their sword and so should he.
Cummings made clear in his press conference he's not going to resign,so the :?: is does Johnson have the balls to ditch him,from what we've witnessed thus far i'd say not. So he'll cling on,but he's been badly wounded and his influence might wane.https://uk.news.yahoo.com/whitehall-res ... 7121.html

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1829 times
Has Liked: 2623 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:06 pm

Spiral wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:47 pm
You've shown there an instinct to surrender to defeatism, for what I suspect are partisan reasons, rather than accept that this episode has been a monumental blunder; from the initial breaking of the rules, to the response and handling of the fallout, and the general pi$$ taking - who gets behind the wheel of a 1-2 tonne vehicle and drives 60 miles to test their eyesight? or rather, how low is their opinion of us that they believed people would buy this excuse? There's no doubt that folk have acted senselessly and selfishly, but that's no excuse for the people in charge of the country bungling their own messaging. Cummings, Johnson et al owe people like you a debt of gratitude for your willingness to surrender your self-respect and offer up yourself as a foot soldier in defence of their cause. Don't you have any shame?
Perhaps, because I have seen too much of this sort of thing from very close range, I just do not get uptight about something over which I have no controll, it is better for the blood pressure.
I don't have to worry about this at all because there are milliions doing it for me.

One question for you Spiral ---you think he is in the wrong, just as many others in position of authority have been during this pandemic and also in lots of things over my 73 years, so my question is :- What are you doing about it? How are you going to affect what has happened. I am not talking about words. You accuse me of defeatism, therefore, I need people like you to go out and affect the situation because obviously, from your point of view, I have given up. So come on ---do something concrete that will make Dominic Cummings/Boris Johnson resign.

I shall remain eternally happy, as I do every day. I have no need to worry because there are lots of people taking positive action to keep me happy.
Life is great and oh, I forgot, I have no shame whatsoever as far as politics is concerned because they are all in it for their own benefit and couldn't give a toss about me so -----I don't worry.
This user liked this post: mdd2

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:18 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:06 pm
Perhaps, because I have seen too much of this sort of thing from very close range, I just do not get uptight about something over which I have no controll, it is better for the blood pressure.
I don't have to worry about this at all because there are milliions doing it for me.

One question for you Spiral ---you think he is in the wrong, just as many others in position of authority have been during this pandemic and also in lots of things over my 73 years, so my question is :- What are you doing about it? How are you going to affect what has happened. I am not talking about words. You accuse me of defeatism, therefore, I need people like you to go out and affect the situation because obviously, from your point of view, I have given up. So come on ---do something concrete that will make Dominic Cummings/Boris Johnson resign.

I shall remain eternally happy, as I do every day. I have no need to worry because there are lots of people taking positive action to keep me happy.
Life is great and oh, I forgot, I have no shame whatsoever as far as politics is concerned because they are all in it for their own benefit and couldn't give a toss about me so -----I don't worry.
Apologies for intruding Ashington there's little we the public can do apart from put our cross in a box every 4/5 years,as the saying goes whoever you vote for the government gets in,like you I've grown cynical about politics,and i'd agree with your last sentence none of them give a toss,until election time comes.

In regards to Cummings if the polling numbers turn bad for the Conservatives he'll be jettisoned no-one is bigger than the government.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 2894 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon May 25, 2020 10:22 pm

bfcmik wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:53 pm
West Mids Police report: West Midlands Police confirmed it was called to Sutton New Hall Cemetery following reports of a large crowd of people.

"On arrival, officers found approximately 15 people socially-distanced into family groups, therefore no action was taken," the force said.

Mr Jamieson (Conservative Police& Crime Commissionner elected on a 8.7% turnout) issued a statement on Friday in which he said Mr Ali had been "undermining the work of the police" by attending.

"He should be setting an example. He very clearly isn't," he said. "He is not serving his constituents by endangering their lives."

Dominic Cummings's wife has immediate family relatives living in London - why would they decide to go to Durham? If they looked after themselves whilst they were there why couldn't they have looked after themselves at home. And what if their car had had a breakdown or an accident on the journey? They would have been putting traffic officers/breakdown service people and possibly ambulance paramedics at distinct risk (which is why the no driving anywhere rule was implemented and emphasised) - especially as they were presenting symptoms of CoVid19.
That was the first funeral, he later went to a funeral reception with 100 people. Do you always quote the political party of the commentators? Presumably we can rule out the comments of anyone Labour politicians as being biased and politically motivated? Was Mr Jamieson wrong in the same way as Helen Goodman is?

Do you know the state of their family relationships or whether they felt confident that they could leave their 4 year old son there for 14 days or longer? Perhaps they (like you) were worried about the “what if” fortunately the car didn’t break down nor did they both need to be in hospital at the same time.

icu81b4
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by icu81b4 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:23 pm

Yawn..... Keyboard warriors

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Mon May 25, 2020 10:25 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:

You could have just said I'm alright, Jack.

Absurd request, by the way. It's no more incumbent on a citizen to resolve a political shambles than it is for that citizen to solve murders and punish those who disobey the law. I'm not in the mood for armed insurrection, not that you'd approve were it so. For someone who claims not to care you're showing a sizable enthusiasm for encumbering with a burden of responsibility anyone other than the two men at the centre of this controversy.
These 2 users liked this post: Lord Beamish Corky

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:26 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:18 pm
Apologies for intruding Ashington there's little we the public can do apart from put our cross in a box every 4/5 years,as the saying goes whoever you vote for the government gets in,like you I've grown cynical about politics,and i'd agree with your last sentence none of them give a toss,until election time comes.

In regards to Cummings if the polling numbers turn bad for the Conservatives he'll be jettisoned no-one is bigger than the government.
Exactly tiger, so why waste energy worrying about something over which we have no control whatsoever.
Whether Cummings stays or goes matters not because there will be someone else in the wings who will wear the same hat and do just as they wish,in spite of what they tell us. Cynicism abounds!

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:27 pm

Spiral wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:25 pm
You could have just said I'm alright, Jack.

Absurd request, by the way. It's no more incumbent on a citizen to resolve a political shambles than it is for that citizen to solve murders and punish those who disobey the law. I'm not in the mood for armed insurrection, not that you'd approve were it so. For someone who claims not to care you're showing a sizable enthusiasm for encumbering with a burden of responsibility anyone other than the two men at the centre of this controversy.
Defeatism at its best!

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Mon May 25, 2020 10:29 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:26 pm
Exactly tiger, so why waste energy worrying about something over which we have no control whatsoever.
Whether Cummings stays or goes matters not because there will be someone else in the wings who will wear the same hat and do just as they wish,in spite of what they tell us. Cynicism abounds!
Might as well shut the forum down in that case. Can't control footy results, might as well not talk about them.

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:39 pm

Spiral wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:29 pm
Might as well shut the forum down in that case. Can't control footy results, might as well not talk about them.
You can talk as much as you want, however, you don't have to worry about them, particularly at the moment.
You care about politics it would seem, however, some of us don't care enough to get uptight about anything.

You have admitted that you have no control over what goes on and that is all that I said in the first place, however, according to you my attitude is defeatist because I actually realise that there is nothing that I can control in this situation and that I should be ashamed.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon May 25, 2020 10:47 pm

One effect of today's events means that the government won't have a legal leg to stand on if anyone refuses to pay any fine going forward for breaking any lockdown rules that the police issue.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:48 pm

Spiral wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:29 pm
Roll on the return of live sport to discuss,then it'll hopefully feel less like a WM briefing on here. :)

I'd advise anybody who wants to see the back of Dominic Cummings to contact their MP if you live in a Conservative seat,you might be :o how much the prospect of voters turning away from any party can concentrate minds,even if it's their own careers they're considering.

The next opinion polls may reveal some interesting findings if the strength of public feeling is anything to go by.

The reason DC is currently hailed in Tory circles is partly brexit,and mainly the thumping GE majority which he contributed towards in December.

I'd liken it to a footy manager having a good couple of seasons,and then hitting a rough patch,they don't often get long to turn the slide around before they're sacked regardless of past glories

And it's the same in the case of Dominic Cummings once his popularity starts to diminish he'll be out the door,football and politics are both a fickle business.
This user liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Mon May 25, 2020 10:56 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:39 pm
You can talk as much as you want, however, you don't have to worry about them, particularly at the moment.
You care about politics it would seem, however, some of us don't care enough to get uptight about anything.

You have admitted that you have no control over what goes on and that is all that I said in the first place, however, according to you my attitude is defeatist because I actually realise that there is nothing that I can control in this situation and that I should be ashamed.
You've taken a defeatist stance here...
Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:42 pm
Doesn't matter what the government say now because lots of idiots have not been taking it serious anyway.
...because it's more convenient politically for you to downplay the efficacy of lockdown and argue that we're beyond hope (something the actual results obviously dispute, rather destroying the argument that it "doesn't matter what the government (says)") than it is to admit that Cummings' actions, and equally as important, the govts response is undermining what good has been done and what results have been achieved by enforcing social distancing. It's an insincere stance, we can all see it. You don't actually believe the majority of people are incapable of acting responsibly, it just suits you to say it is so, thus (in your mind, I suspect) somewhat exonerating Cummings.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon May 25, 2020 11:04 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:39 pm
why should he lose his job rather than being hit with a fine like everyone else ?
Because he made the rules, or at least was a major architect. If people are forced to do something and are fined for not doing it that is one thing but to do the forcing and then ignore your own instruction is hypocritical at the very least. The problem now is this, if for some reason the government says we need to re-introduce lockdown (hopefully not) they can hardly be surprised if millions of people say fck you Boris, I’m going to do what I think is best for my family like a good dad, just like Dominic Cummings. Millions of people have have had lives turned upside down because of lockdown, some for the rest of their lives, but most people did what was asked for the supposed greater good, but not this arrogant piece of sht. We could all have come up with a reason for special treatment but we didn’t, he is arrogant enough to think he was immune.
I think this will rumble on for a while but ultimately it will get left alone, but if lockdown were ever needed again this will hit Boris right between the eyes because people will not be nearly so ready to make the same horrific sacrifices.
These 5 users liked this post: tiger76 Zlatan Swizzlestick Greenmile JohnMcGreal

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Mon May 25, 2020 11:16 pm

houseboy wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:04 pm
Because he made the rules, or at least was a major architect. If people are forced to do something and are fined for not doing it that is one thing but to do the forcing and then ignore your own instruction is hypocritical at the very least. The problem now is this, if for some reason the government says we need to re-introduce lockdown (hopefully not) they can hardly be surprised if millions of people say fck you Boris, I’m going to do what I think is best for my family like a good dad, just like Dominic Cummings. Millions of people have have had lives turned upside down because of lockdown, some for the rest of their lives, but most people did what was asked for the supposed greater good, but not this arrogant piece of sht. We could all have come up with a reason for special treatment but we didn’t, he is arrogant enough to think he was immune.
I think this will rumble on for a while but ultimately it will get left alone, but if lockdown were ever needed again this will hit Boris right between the eyes because people will not be nearly so ready to make the same horrific sacrifices.
It's particularly galling - sickening in fact - when you consider that people have died lonely deaths in those hospital wards; that funerals have become pale imitations of what scores of the bereaved would have wanted for the deceased, for their own closure, and that of their extended families.
These 2 users liked this post: nil_desperandum houseboy

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon May 25, 2020 11:18 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:

With respect Ashington, I don’t see anybody worrying. The situation is just being discussed. If you were to take that view then there’s actually very little in this world that we as individuals are in control of. Should we not discuss these things? This is no different than you regularly stating your displeasure at the current state of football.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:34 pm

Not sure how DC has spread anything and affected lockdown. I notice no one from the media has harangued the photographers today outside DC's home swarming like bees around a honey pot abandoning social distancing-I suppose it is all DC's fault.
This thing will stay licked if we wash our hands regularly and observe social distancing as much as we can and as far as I can tell DC and family did that; but they did drive considerably more than was perhaps necessary to care for their child-but where or where is there evidence that they broke social distancing.
Kinnock and Tahir Ali and my neighbours across the road haven't played by the rules 100% but like most of us I bet have played it at least 80% of the time, sometimes more than that. This is sadly nothing but political and has jack **** to do with beating this virus.
No doubt in a few days or weeks DC will bite the dust and his ideas of levelling up will be history

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:36 pm

Well houseboy if DC's actions makes every father behave as a good Dad in the future then he deserves a knighthood

aggi
Been Liked: 2116 times

Post by aggi » Mon May 25, 2020 11:43 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:34 pm
It’s called “subjective liability” rather than “objective liability” this might help

“Subjective mens rea, as a form of liability, takes on the persona of the accused person by focusing on the accused’s intention, knowledge or awareness at the time of the offence. Instead, in the objective form of liability, the assessment focuses on what the accused should have or ought to have known at the time.”
It certainly isn't the absolute defence that was being suggested though.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon May 25, 2020 11:52 pm

For those who are happy to take Cummings statement today as a truthful account of what happened then be aware that one of his claims has already been shown to be false.

Not only did he lie but he manipulated a document within the last month in preparation to make the pre-meditated lie

In his statement to the nation today Cummings claimed he warned about coronavirus in his 2019 blog. It didnt take much research for some journalists to uncover that the references to SARS and coronavirus were added to his blog post on pandemic risks sometime between April and May of this year.

See the screenshots from April and May showing the change he made and understand this guy and his close allies in govt are not trustworthy and lie constantly

This user liked this post: CombatClaret

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Mon May 25, 2020 11:58 pm

Cummings today: “Last year I wrote about the possible threat of coronaviruses and the urgent need for planning".

This is a lie.
His 2019 post on pandemic risk was edited in March/April of this year to include a section on MERS & coronaviruses. Easily found on website archiver Waybackmachine.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue May 26, 2020 12:00 am

CombatClaret wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:58 pm
Cummings today: “Last year I wrote about the possible threat of coronaviruses and the urgent need for planning".

This is a lie.
His 2019 post on pandemic risk was edited in March/April of this year to include a section on MERS & coronaviruses. Easily found on website archiver Waybackmachine.
Did you miss my post :lol: :lol: :lol:

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Tue May 26, 2020 12:16 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:00 am
What gives you that impression... :lol: :lol:

atlantalad
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by atlantalad » Tue May 26, 2020 2:32 am

Someone posters seem to be in a right old melt down on here. Watch your blood pressure guys.

Why should the guy resign? He is merely an advisor. He's not an MP, he's not a govt minister, he's not a science/medical advisor from whom the govt derive their guidance and develop the 5 point plan (~ unlike the Scottish Medical advisor).

From what I've heard from tv reports the guy has simply judged that his son would probably be safer being closer to family members in Durham. He judged that the journey was essential. Bet there are many posters who entered the greyness of 'legitimising' their own travel as being of an "essential" nature during the lockdown. There were even full planes travelling between Belfast and London during lockdown. Were every one of those passengers journeys essential?

I certainly recall one poster stated they were visiting hardware stores at the beginning of lockdown ( now forgot what the intended purchase was - fencing or some other such essential item). That stirred a debate on here. Some posters legitimised journeys to these stores to the fact that because the govt allowed hardware stores to be open then anything they sold could be classed as being essential so the journey to the hardware store must therefore be essential.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue May 26, 2020 6:32 am

atlantalad wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:32 am
Someone posters seem to be in a right old melt down on here. Watch your blood pressure guys.

Why should the guy resign? He is merely an advisor. He's not an MP, he's not a govt minister, he's not a science/medical advisor from whom the govt derive their guidance and develop the 5 point plan (~ unlike the Scottish Medical advisor).

From what I've heard from tv reports the guy has simply judged that his son would probably be safer being closer to family members in Durham. He judged that the journey was essential. Bet there are many posters who entered the greyness of 'legitimising' their own travel as being of an "essential" nature during the lockdown. There were even full planes travelling between Belfast and London during lockdown. Were every one of those passengers journeys essential?

I certainly recall one poster stated they were visiting hardware stores at the beginning of lockdown ( now forgot what the intended purchase was - fencing or some other such essential item). That stirred a debate on here. Some posters legitimised journeys to these stores to the fact that because the govt allowed hardware stores to be open then anything they sold could be classed as being essential so the journey to the hardware store must therefore be essential.
It wasn't a debate as such, 1 poster kept banging on about it & still does to this day for some strange reason, the hardware stores are classed as essential for people to buy essential items, it's none of nobody's business really what you are buying from any shops, I wouldn't dream of asking anybody about there purchases from any shop as it's something I've no interest in & crucially it's none of my god damn business, going to a essential shop to buy some items essential items & some non essential items it makes more sense to buy everything in at 1 visit rather than multiple visits especially when you are struggling to find what you are looking for, it does in my mind anyway, back to the OP regarding whether he should resign or not is a divided issue, you can certainly question his role operating in a advisory capacity for sure with everything that's gone on, I can certainly understand some people that religiously complied with all the lockdown rules becoming annoyed that the guy who was supposed to be part of the regime instructing the public to comply committing breaches against the rules set in place.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Tue May 26, 2020 7:09 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:00 am
Or mine... (ours, yours) ;)
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Tue May 26, 2020 7:22 am

houseboy wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:04 pm
Because he made the rules, or at least was a major architect. If people are forced to do something and are fined for not doing it that is one thing but to do the forcing and then ignore your own instruction is hypocritical at the very least....
This.

It’s essentially the equivalent of a referee putting in a two footed reducer on a footballer. If a player does that, you’d expect them to be sent off. If a ref does it, he’d probably lose his job, and rightly so.
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan tiger76

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3079 times
Has Liked: 5044 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue May 26, 2020 7:25 am

aggi wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:15 pm
This is a spectacular interpretation. So long as the person involved deems something necessary they cannot be doing anything wrong.

Fancy driving 200 miles to buy some second hand windows. So long as you deem it necessary then you've done nothing wrong.
Driving 200 miles to buy windows, when there are windows nearer would be unnecessary. If your family live 200 miles away, and you want them to be the ones to help look after your child, then you don't have a choice about how far you drive.
If this was anybody other than Dominic Cummings, nobody would give a fart. People have hated him for a long time now, and this is just an excuse to get rid of him.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:29 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:25 am
Driving 200 miles to buy windows, when there are windows nearer would be unnecessary. If your family live 200 miles away, and you want them to be the ones to help look after your child, then you don't have a choice about how far you drive.
If this was anybody other than Dominic Cummings, nobody would give a fart. People have hated him for a long time now, and this is just an excuse to get rid of him.
And what about his jolly to Barnard Castle while he was testing his eyes ?

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Tue May 26, 2020 7:40 am

Greenmile wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:22 am
This.

It’s essentially the equivalent of a referee putting in a two footed reducer on a footballer. If a player does that, you’d expect them to be sent off. If a ref does it, he’d probably lose his job, and rightly so.
This is essentially the mind of a childs comparison between two totally different things . I'd expect an 8 year old to dream up such drivel.

Anyway our local MP backing Cumnings.
https://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/pol ... ly-2864329

Time for everybody to move on and get over it like you did Brexit.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Tue May 26, 2020 7:43 am

Bfcboyo wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:40 am
This is essentially the mind of a childs comparison between two totally different things . I'd expect an 8 year old to dream up such drivel.

Looks like your MP is guaranteeing just one term in office then...

Mattster
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by Mattster » Tue May 26, 2020 7:49 am

atlantalad wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:32 am
The 60 mile round trip to Barnard Castle to "test his eyesight" which he felt was potentially unsafe yet decided it was appropriate to take his wife and son in the car? That's some real safety concern for his son...

That journey just so happened to be on his wife's birthday but I'm sure that's just a coincidence...

By travelling to Durham his child and wife ended up a hospital in the North East with an illness they had contracted in London. It was exactly for situations like that that people were told to "stay home".

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Tue May 26, 2020 7:51 am

Zlatan wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:43 am
Looks like your MP is guaranteeing just one term in office then...
With Corbyn history and Brexit finalised just a memory in four years time I may be happy to come back to labour , Starmer seems like he maybe able to pull them back towards the middle and a potentially good leader.
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan tiger76

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Tue May 26, 2020 7:52 am

Bfcboyo wrote:
This is essentially the mind of a childs comparison between two totally different things . I'd expect an 8 year old to dream up such drivel....
Well argued :roll:

joey13

Post by joey13 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:53 am

Bfcboyo wrote:

So your support of Cummings is based on Brexit, well done

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Tue May 26, 2020 8:04 am

joey13 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:53 am
So your support of Cummings is based on Brexit, well done
No but the media witch hunt is. It's been whipped up into a frothy mouthed frenzy in some last ditch attempt to derail the inevitable , I mean seriously people clutching onto the hope Johnson will stand down is just desperate . I personally don't care about his journey as he didn't come into contact with anybody ,it's hardly on the Kyle Walker scale is it. Who by the way is probably laughing his head off right now at the ridiculous bombardment Cummings is getting it from all the dirty rags.

The TV incident outside his home should have seen arrests . Disgusting they were allowed to continue with the harassment in an attempt to provoke a reaction.
Last edited by Bfcboyo on Tue May 26, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Tue May 26, 2020 8:05 am

CombatClaret wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:59 pm

This is a lie.
This is the most damning part of it all, this little slip. There was absolutely zero merit in mentioning anything to do with writing about a pandemic previously during his statement, yet he did.

In order to be able to mention that he previously advised about a pandemic in his statement he must have pre-emptively edited the blog post he referred to. He made the edit (I believe) on April 9th whilst he was in Durham.

This little slip, where he was trying to use a lie to garner trust on this serious issues is how it all unravels.

Goodbye Mr Cummings (hopefully!)

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Tue May 26, 2020 8:08 am

Bfcboyo wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:04 am
The TV incident outside his home should have seen arrests . Disgusting they were allowed to continue with the harassment in an attempt to provoke a reaction.
This I agree with, but I suspect that it was orchestrated by Cummings in all honesty - not difficult to do, call the press anonymously to advise when he’s leaving the house will create the frenzy...

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Tue May 26, 2020 8:14 am

Zlatan wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:08 am
This I agree with, but I suspect that it was orchestrated by Cummings in all honesty - not difficult to do, call the press anonymously to advise when he’s leaving the house will create the frenzy...
After his devil worshipping and sacrificial ceremonies in his cellar? He would never have had the time.
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Tue May 26, 2020 8:19 am

Zlatan wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:08 am
Good grief, you really are down the rabbit hole, next you'll be telling me Sky News doorstepping his elderly parent last night was a set up too.
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue May 26, 2020 8:28 am

This door stepping thing has always been weird and should have been made illegal a long time ago.

joey13

Post by joey13 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:30 am

Bfcboyo wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:04 am
No but the media witch hunt is. It's been whipped up into a frothy mouthed frenzy in some last ditch attempt to derail the inevitable , I mean seriously people clutching onto the hope Johnson will stand down is just desperate . I personally don't care about his journey as he didn't come into contact with anybody ,it's hardly on the Kyle Walker scale is it. Who by the way is probably laughing his head off right now at the ridiculous bombardment Cummings is getting it from all the dirty rags.

His family visited a hospital, and he stopped at a petrol station, maybe , he couldn’t remember, if you believe what he said fair enough, but beware of phone scams they pick on the gullible

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Tue May 26, 2020 8:36 am

Spiral wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:16 pm
It's particularly galling - sickening in fact - when you consider that people have died lonely deaths in those hospital wards; that funerals have become pale imitations of what scores of the bereaved would have wanted for the deceased, for their own closure, and that of their extended families.
That’s got nothing to do with Cummings. Regardless of lockdown regulations you would still not have been allowed onto a ward because that goes against the medical advice and the hospital rules. Funerals Times have been shortened because of demand not lockdown and the number of people have been restricted because of the limited space to ensure social distancing is maintained.

Cummings thinks he had a reasonable excuse, you don’t. If Cummings had been caught speeding would you be on here outraged demanding that all speeding restrictions be ignored?

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Tue May 26, 2020 8:37 am

claretandy wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:19 am
Good grief, you really are down the rabbit hole, next you'll be telling me Sky News doorstepping his elderly parent last night was a set up too.
Not at all, but you believe what you want to believe (or are told to by your supreme overlord)

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 637 times

Post by Tribesmen » Tue May 26, 2020 8:43 am

Now have to admit i didnt listen to his ramble on but only tuned in when it came to questions .
I wonder by the end of it when he rolled up his papers in front of him did he think he handled that quite well .

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Tue May 26, 2020 8:50 am

Zlatan wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:37 am
Not at all, but you believe what you want to believe (or are told to by your supreme overlord)
As you will believe what you want to believe (or are told by whoever you listen to). That perfectly sums up who pathetic this is.
We now have the Unelected Durham Acting PCC writing to the police wanting them to use APNR and Sat Nav info (he probably wants cell mast records as well) to investigate this matter - those are the resources used in a murder investigation, How many other people has he wanted investigating for suspected breaches of Covid? and some are still trying to pretend it’s not political!

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Tue May 26, 2020 8:58 am

Snivelling Gove on LBC starts to automatically say of course he's also gone for a drive to check eyesight then realises what the hell he's actually saying.
These guys are fundamentally incapable of honesty
Screenshot_2020-05-26-08-52-10-760_com.twitter.android.jpg
Screenshot_2020-05-26-08-52-10-760_com.twitter.android.jpg (45.4 KiB) Viewed 3020 times

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Tue May 26, 2020 9:09 am

Burnley Ace wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:50 am
As you will believe what you want to believe (or are told by whoever you listen to). That perfectly sums up who pathetic this is.
We now have the Unelected Durham Acting PCC writing to the police wanting them to use APNR and Sat Nav info (he probably wants cell mast records as well) to investigate this matter - those are the resources used in a murder investigation, How many other people has he wanted investigating for suspected breaches of Covid? and some are still trying to pretend it’s not political!
Of course it’s bloody political! He’s the mastermind behind Brexit and he’s been instrumental in our government response to this crisis and he has admitted to breaking the rules.

I don’t give a f#ck about his cover story of driving 60 miles to see if he can drive - clearly fabricated to excuse a trip out for his wife’s birthday, his wife can also drive you know.

For the record (and my partner will testify) I listen to no one and make my own mind up on things and I will change my mind too, if others can justify a reasonable argument.

I think that the police should be corroborating his account of events - if they prove his movements are as he stated I may reconsider my opinion. However if they discover he lied, then of course he will have to stand down.