Dominic Cummings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Rileybobs
Posts: 7762
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 3250 times
Has Liked: 744 times
Location: Leeds

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Rileybobs » Thu May 28, 2020 8:58 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:31 pm
Kinnock drove to his parents to celebrate a birthday by sitting by the front door and eating cake - he then tried to pretend he was delivering food before, facing the evidence on Twitter, accepted he’d got it wrong.

Starmer has been leader of Labour since 4th April, Kinnock was at his parents the week before. They were all dealt with proportionally- words of advice and a reminder. That’s how this should have been dealt with and it would have also given Cummings the opportunity to apologise for driving to BC without the mob baying for his head
:lol: Cummings should have been given the opportunity to apologise! You couldn’t make it up.
These 7 users liked this post: Silkyskills1 Anonymous Swizzlestick tiger76 Lord Beamish Greenmile mkmel

Burnley Ace
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 1416 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu May 28, 2020 9:06 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:58 pm
:lol: Cummings should have been given the opportunity to apologise! You couldn’t make it up.
To apologise without the baying mob calling for his head.

martin_p
Posts: 6635
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2215 times
Has Liked: 493 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by martin_p » Thu May 28, 2020 9:07 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:06 pm
To apologise without the baying mob calling for his head.
He had a window of opportunity when the article was published, although I’m not sure what difference the ‘baying mob’ makes anyway.

Silkyskills1
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:39 pm
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 1349 times
Location: Rawtenstall

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Silkyskills1 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:10 pm

Hardly a 'baying mob' in Johnson's back garden. Any other gems to chuckle at?

tiger76
Posts: 7925
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Been Liked: 1243 times
Has Liked: 2936 times
Location: Glasgow

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by tiger76 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:12 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:51 pm
Oh I agree tiger76 - there are a lot of people across the whole spectrum of politics who despise what has transpired, my comment was to highlight that most of (OK, not all as I originally alluded to) those who are defending him and Boris are also full on Brexiteers.

For the record, I voted Leave too, but that’s a long time ago and I was swayed only on the last day before the vote. I have since learnt how I (yes, this is me admitting it) was swayed by certain social media tactics which have been demonstrated to be engineered by AIQ and Cambridge Analytica - and we all know who selected AIQ - Dominic Cummings. He had lots to answer for, and unfortunately it looks like he’s getting away with it...
Without deviating from the subject i was always going to vote leave I've been a Euro-sceptic for years,however i definitely don't advocate a no deal,and think we should extend talks,also if i'd known what i know now in 2016 i may have had 2nd thoughts,what i definitely didn't vote for was some jumped up idiot like Cummings running roughshod over our democratic institutions.

Sadly if the government won't remove him then we'll have to remove the government next time,unfortunately we'll have to wait for another 4 years and who knows how much carnage he'll have caused by then.

The best hope of getting rid of Cummings is the public outrage and opinion polling showing their disgust,but even then i wouldn't bank on the government listening.

After all as Ringo will surely agree the will of the people must be obeyed.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

Damo
Posts: 3852
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:04 pm
Been Liked: 1508 times
Has Liked: 2309 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Damo » Thu May 28, 2020 9:50 pm

Greenmile wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:04 pm
That bit was sarcasm, Damo. Sorry for confusing you again with tricksy language.
Hence my facetious reply. Its "Tricky" by the way

Quickenthetempo
Posts: 9985
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35 am
Been Liked: 2236 times
Has Liked: 1254 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu May 28, 2020 9:55 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 pm
Not sure what your point was of sharing this with me unless it was to show via the comments section that you were't the only obsessed Brexit bedwetter in town

Anyhow its interesting to see the kind of thinking you you align yourself with and the fact you are happy to share it shows you aren't embarrassed by it so bully for you.

Much prefer your funny stuff as the Cummings golf meme was one of best Ive seen :)
It was just showing proof why the media are going after Cummins.

The Civil servant trying to extend while the main men had the Corona virus.

Burnley Ace
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 1416 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu May 28, 2020 10:11 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:10 pm
Hardly a 'baying mob' in Johnson's back garden. Any other gems to chuckle at?
I’m referring more to the baying mob outside his house and ones sending him threats but whatever, man went for a drive when he probably shouldn’t have shock horror.

martin_p
Posts: 6635
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2215 times
Has Liked: 493 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by martin_p » Thu May 28, 2020 10:15 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:11 pm
I’m referring more to the baying mob outside his house and ones sending him threats but whatever, man went for a drive when he probably shouldn’t have shock horror.
Or more accurately, man playing a major part in defining the rules we have to follow during a pandemic doesn’t follow one of those rules.
These 2 users liked this post: Silkyskills1 Anonymous

Burnley Ace
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 1416 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu May 28, 2020 10:16 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:12 pm
The best hope of getting rid of Cummings is the public outrage and opinion polling showing their disgust,but even then i wouldn't bank on the government listening.
That was the only way and that’s why Labour have been trying to force public opinion by misleading, misquoting and trying to maintain that he broke regulations driving to Durham.

If you are going to forensically examine every word he said
“I agreed to go for short drive to see if could drive safely, as my eyesight had been affected by Covid,"

So he didn’t say “I was going to drive to test my eyesight” as many of you have claimed he did, he went for a short drive (with his wife and child and it was her birthday and they went to a nice place) to make sure he felt ok to drive down to London 2 days later. It was a deliberate interpretation to undermine and keep the pressure up.
Last edited by Burnley Ace on Thu May 28, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devils_Advocate
Posts: 6584
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 2549 times
Has Liked: 486 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu May 28, 2020 10:19 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:55 pm
It was just showing proof why the media are going after Cummins.

The Civil servant trying to extend while the main men had the Corona virus.
Ok but I really can't see the link between the Cummings story and your article.

No doubt there's a school of thought (a perfectly reasonable one at that) that because of the impacts of Coronavirus across the world, Europe and domestically we have not been able to have the focus needed to work out the future relationship and trade deals we want in place to exit the (already tight timeline) transition period

Again it seems apart from the real hardened Brexiteers who let it consume their whole outlook trying to agree an extension seems a well supported idea. The fact that Barnier and some opposition leaders are trying to encourage a dialogue around this is what Id hope was happening

Just because there are still Brexit discussions ongoing does not make it anywhere near the priority of most people and again it seems that it is just the obsessive paranoid conspiracy type thinking of the Brexiteer that makes them blame an anti Brexit agenda on any criticism the govt comes under

Anyhow if thats what you believe then fair enough its a free world and our views are as relevant and valid as each others and anyone elses

RingoMcCartney
Posts: 9371
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:45 pm
Been Liked: 2265 times
Has Liked: 2485 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu May 28, 2020 10:23 pm

martin_p wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:42 pm
So you don’t follow any media at all then. If you think the focus has moved on you can’t have!
Not the media infested by noisy disgruntled metropolitan lefties no! I wouldn't lower myself 😉

They can only throw their toys out of the cot in a communal hissy fit before it even gets boring for them!

martin_p
Posts: 6635
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2215 times
Has Liked: 493 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by martin_p » Thu May 28, 2020 10:24 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:19 pm
Ok but I really can't see the link between the Cummings story and your article.

No doubt there's a school of thought (a perfectly reasonable one at that) that because of the impacts of Coronavirus across the world, Europe and domestically we have not been able to have the focus needed to work out the future relationship and trade deals we want in place to exit the (already tight timeline) transition period

Again it seems apart from the real hardened Brexiteers who let it consume their whole outlook trying to agree an extension seems a well supported idea. The fact that Barnier and some opposition leaders are trying to encourage a dialogue around this is what Id hope was happening

Just because there are still Brexit discussions ongoing does not make it anywhere near the priority of most people and again it seems that it is just the obsessive paranoid conspiracy type thinking of the Brexiteer that makes them blame an anti Brexit agenda on any criticism the govt comes under

Anyhow if thats what you believe then fair enough its a free world and our views are as relevant and valid as each others and anyone elses
It can only be a matter of time before someone claims Coronavirus was released by Gina Miller on a trip to Wuhan in an attempt to scupper the obviously brilliant deal that the beloved Boris had up his sleeve.

tiger76
Posts: 7925
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Been Liked: 1243 times
Has Liked: 2936 times
Location: Glasgow

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by tiger76 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:26 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:16 pm
That was the only way and that’s why Labour have been trying to force public opinion by misleading, misquoting and trying to maintain that he broke regulations driving to Durham.
He didn't break the rules driving to Durham,however he did break the rules in driving to Barnard Castle.

Even some people who initially defended him on this forum acknowledge that trip was daft,and definitely not essential travel.

That's why Durham police stated he'd potentially breached the regulations with that journey. And if he'd been stopped he'd have been informed to go home.

Michael Gove's defence of that was laughable,and he's supposed to a safe pair of hands in the cabinet.

If Labour want to make an argument they should stick to the facts,we've already got too much misinformation seeping out of number 10.

martin_p
Posts: 6635
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2215 times
Has Liked: 493 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by martin_p » Thu May 28, 2020 10:29 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:23 pm
Not the media infested by noisy disgruntled metropolitan lefties no! I wouldn't lower myself 😉

They can only throw their toys out of the cot in a communal hissy fit before it even gets boring for them!
So you think it’s only the lefties that have it in for Cummings. You haven’t been reading your Daily Mail and Express then!
This user liked this post: tiger76

Spijed
Posts: 11440
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 2000 times
Has Liked: 877 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Spijed » Thu May 28, 2020 10:29 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:23 pm
Not the media infested by noisy disgruntled metropolitan lefties no! I wouldn't lower myself 😉

They can only throw their toys out of the cot in a communal hissy fit before it even gets boring for them!
You keep ignoring the fact that many right wing ardent Brexiteers want to get rid of him, don't you?
This user liked this post: tiger76

Burnley Ace
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 1416 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu May 28, 2020 10:31 pm

martin_p wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:15 pm
Or more accurately, man playing a major part in defining the rules we have to follow during a pandemic doesn’t follow one of those rules.
Yes that’s right, in the same way as many people have perhaps been to the shops for something that isn’t essential or arranged to meet a friend for a social distancing walk etc. He went for a drive stayed in his car and didn’t put anyone at risk.

Burnley Ace
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 1416 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu May 28, 2020 10:32 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:26 pm
He didn't break the rules driving to Durham,however he did break the rules in driving to Barnard Castle.

Even some people who initially defended him on this forum acknowledge that trip was daft,and definitely not essential travel.

That's why Durham police stated he'd potentially breached the regulations with that journey. And if he'd been stopped he'd have been informed to go home.

Michael Gove's defence of that was laughable,and he's supposed to a safe pair of hands in the cabinet.

If Labour want to make an argument they should stick to the facts,we've already got too much misinformation seeping out of number 10.
I didn’t hear Gove but agree with the rest

martin_p
Posts: 6635
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2215 times
Has Liked: 493 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by martin_p » Thu May 28, 2020 10:34 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:31 pm
Yes that’s right, in the same way as many people have perhaps been to the shops for something that isn’t essential or arranged to meet a friend for a social distancing walk etc. He went for a drive stayed in his car and didn’t put anyone at risk.
Maybe, but how many of them were responsible for defining the rules they broke? You’re not seeing the important distinction here.

aggi
Posts: 5664
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:31 am
Been Liked: 1332 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by aggi » Thu May 28, 2020 10:47 pm

Wait until Ringo finds out that Cummings' house cost more than a million quid, he won't know what to think.

aggi
Posts: 5664
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:31 am
Been Liked: 1332 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by aggi » Thu May 28, 2020 10:49 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:26 pm
He didn't break the rules driving to Durham,however he did break the rules in driving to Barnard Castle.
I don't think this has actually been defined either way. The statement from Durham police was very careful not to mention it.

Burnleyareback2
Posts: 1630
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:07 pm
Been Liked: 405 times
Has Liked: 861 times
Location: Mostly Europe

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:00 pm

Imagine if at the start of this the public were able to stick to the guidelines, the “lockdown” wouldn’t of happened.
But no, a huge amount of people ignored it and the government had to assume that nobody had any common sense.
We then found the same people went nuts because the government didn’t confirm on a personal individual one to one basis how changes in the restrictions would effect them personally. (Increasing government fears about national lack of common sense again)
I couldn’t really care what DC has done, I suspect most of the people moaning fall into the lack of common sense category.
Thanks to those people, the ones that messed it up for us all.

Devils_Advocate
Posts: 6584
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 2549 times
Has Liked: 486 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu May 28, 2020 11:06 pm

Trouble is how can you trust any of Cummings story when his family are full of sh*t and he only stopped denying certain parts of the story and made up an excuse when the evidence was stacked against him

Image

Silkyskills1
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:39 pm
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 1349 times
Location: Rawtenstall

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Silkyskills1 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:08 pm

'he went for a short drive'

Just a couple.of hundred yards was it? Gem number two and I've only recently entered the fray. Keep 'em coming.

Burnley Ace
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 1416 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu May 28, 2020 11:21 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:08 pm
'he went for a short drive'

Just a couple.of hundred yards was it? Gem number two and I've only recently entered the fray. Keep 'em coming.
I suppose it depends how parochial you are. Couple of hours in a car is a short drive. He drove for 30 miles and then drove back. Or to make it easier he drove from Nelson to Preston and back, does that help?

Silkyskills1
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:39 pm
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 1349 times
Location: Rawtenstall

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Silkyskills1 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:35 pm

'couple of hours in a car is a short drive'

to re-assure yourself that your eyesight is up to par and with a child in the back because that's what any father would do. I do understand the term 'parochial' but not in this context.
There appears to be a dichotomy re; Dominic's physical state around this time too according to him and Mrs Cummings.

RingoMcCartney
Posts: 9371
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:45 pm
Been Liked: 2265 times
Has Liked: 2485 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu May 28, 2020 11:38 pm

aggi wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:47 pm
Wait until Ringo finds out that Cummings' house cost more than a million quid, he won't know what to think.
Rewriting history once again aggi!

You simply cannot help yourself can you! :lol:

On the first day of her new job as deputy leader of the labour party, Angela Raynor was responding to criticism of people sunbathing and exercising in parks.

'It's ok for people with big houses to say that': Labour's new deputy leader Angela Rayner blasts Matt Hancock for saying people shouldn't sunbathe on lockdown.

I simply pointed out that someone forgot to tell her about her new bosses Islington pad!

But hey! You carry on twisting what I said , and the spirit in which it was said , if you get off on it!

Steve-Harpers-perm
Posts: 3444
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:52 am
Been Liked: 1116 times
Has Liked: 466 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Thu May 28, 2020 11:40 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:21 pm
I suppose it depends how parochial you are. Couple of hours in a car is a short drive. He drove for 30 miles and then drove back. Or to make it easier he drove from Nelson to Preston and back, does that help?
Couple of hours in a car is a ‘short drive’? Testing your eyesight on the M65 from Nelson to Preston would be ridiculous or would you take the back roads?

joey13
Posts: 4765
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:39 pm
Been Liked: 1095 times
Has Liked: 883 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by joey13 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:41 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:31 pm
Yes that’s right, in the same way as many people have perhaps been to the shops for something that isn’t essential or arranged to meet a friend for a social distancing walk etc. He went for a drive stayed in his car and didn’t put anyone at risk.
He didn’t stay in his car though , his wife actually spoke to someone, if you are going to try and defend the indefensible, I suggest you try sticking to the facts , I know it’s difficult but give it a try

Silkyskills1
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:39 pm
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 1349 times
Location: Rawtenstall

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Silkyskills1 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:45 pm

Can't imagine anything more parochial than living in London.

Burnley Ace
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 1416 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu May 28, 2020 11:46 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:35 pm
'couple of hours in a car is a short drive'

to re-assure yourself that your eyesight is up to par and with a child in the back because that's what any father would do. I do understand the term 'parochial' but not in this context.
There appears to be a dichotomy re; Dominic's physical state around this time too according to him and Mrs Cummings.
You are misquoting- where has he said that he wanted to test his eyesight? If you are only used to driving, foe example, around Burnley then a drive to Manchester might seem daunting and a long way away. If you do a lot of driving then a trip to Manchester might be a short drive.

Burnley Ace
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 1416 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu May 28, 2020 11:51 pm

joey13 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:41 pm
He didn’t stay in his car though , his wife actually spoke to someone, if you are going to try and defend the indefensible, I suggest you try sticking to the facts , I know it’s difficult but give it a try
March 27th - Cummings seen running out of Downing St and makes Journey to Durham
April 12th - trip to BC

Already finished his 14 days and didn’t have Covid. Nice try though Joey, not sure what point you’re trying to make?

Burnley Ace
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 1416 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu May 28, 2020 11:54 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:40 pm
Couple of hours in a car is a ‘short drive’? Testing your eyesight on the M65 from Nelson to Preston would be ridiculous or would you take the back roads?
Was he “testing his eyesight”? He didn’t say that did he.

“We agreed that we should go for a short drive to see if I could drive safely, we drove for roughly half an hour and ended up on the outskirts of Barnard Castle town.

“We did not visit the castle, we did not walk around the town.”

His eyesight may have been affected but having finished quarantine he went for a drive to make sure he felt ok before a 260 mile drive a couple of days later. Seems a pretty sensible precaution
Last edited by Burnley Ace on Thu May 28, 2020 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silkyskills1
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:39 pm
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 1349 times
Location: Rawtenstall

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Silkyskills1 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:55 pm

I haven't quoted or misquoted anything. I believe he took his 'short drive' to test his competency inside more than a ton of metal with his child for company. Perhaps this government needs risk takers like him.

RingoMcCartney
Posts: 9371
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:45 pm
Been Liked: 2265 times
Has Liked: 2485 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri May 29, 2020 12:12 am

Spijed wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:29 pm
You keep ignoring the fact that many right wing ardent Brexiteers want to get rid of him, don't you?
I'm not ignoring the fact that in the Real World, people are bored of it and have moved on.

RingoMcCartney
Posts: 9371
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:45 pm
Been Liked: 2265 times
Has Liked: 2485 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri May 29, 2020 12:13 am

martin_p wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:29 pm
So you think it’s only the lefties that have it in for Cummings. You haven’t been reading your Daily Mail and Express then!
See above.

GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 3897
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 748 times
Has Liked: 1625 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri May 29, 2020 12:22 am

martin_p wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:29 pm
So you think it’s only the lefties that have it in for Cummings. You haven’t been reading your Daily Mail and Express then!
New daily mail editor is a remainer.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

aggi
Posts: 5664
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:31 am
Been Liked: 1332 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by aggi » Fri May 29, 2020 12:24 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:38 pm
Rewriting history once again aggi!

You simply cannot help yourself can you! :lol:

On the first day of her new job as deputy leader of the labour party, Angela Raynor was responding to criticism of people sunbathing and exercising in parks.

'It's ok for people with big houses to say that': Labour's new deputy leader Angela Rayner blasts Matt Hancock for saying people shouldn't sunbathe on lockdown.

I simply pointed out that someone forgot to tell her about her new bosses Islington pad!

But hey! You carry on twisting what I said , and the spirit in which it was said , if you get off on it!
I can't say I remember that at all to be honest. It was in reference to your constant references to metropolitan elite and Islington dinner parties and Cummings owning an expensive house in Islington.

Swizzlestick
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:40 pm
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 175 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Swizzlestick » Fri May 29, 2020 12:28 am

An international view on this if anybody’s interested

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-co ... l_facebook

Devils_Advocate
Posts: 6584
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 2549 times
Has Liked: 486 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri May 29, 2020 12:30 am

Burnley Ace wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:54 pm
Was he “testing his eyesight”? He didn’t say that did he.

“We agreed that we should go for a short drive to see if I could drive safely, we drove for roughly half an hour and ended up on the outskirts of Barnard Castle town.

“We did not visit the castle, we did not walk around the town.”

His eyesight may have been affected but having finished quarantine he went for a drive to make sure he felt ok before a 260 mile drive a couple of days later. Seems a pretty sensible precaution
You've missed the important bit just before you started the quote. This is where he mentions the illness had affected his vision and when they are talking about seeing if he is safe to drive it is in relation to the fact that they were worried that his vision had not recovered fully

martin_p
Posts: 6635
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2215 times
Has Liked: 493 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by martin_p » Fri May 29, 2020 12:30 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:22 am
New daily mail editor is a remainer.
Is he a leftie?

Devils_Advocate
Posts: 6584
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 2549 times
Has Liked: 486 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri May 29, 2020 12:31 am

Cummings: The Witness Statement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0tWyhkoP5c

martin_p
Posts: 6635
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2215 times
Has Liked: 493 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by martin_p » Fri May 29, 2020 12:32 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:12 am
I'm not ignoring the fact that in the Real World, people are bored of it and have moved on.
In the real world people think it’s been badly handled (according to polls as I don’t presume, as Wrongo does, to speak for everyone).

RingoMcCartney
Posts: 9371
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:45 pm
Been Liked: 2265 times
Has Liked: 2485 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri May 29, 2020 12:42 am

aggi wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:24 am
I can't say I remember that at all to be honest. It was in reference to your constant references to metropolitan elite and Islington dinner parties and Cummings owning an expensive house in Islington.
That's a very convenient memory loss! :lol:

You're kidding no one. Especially yourself. You only made the references to his "house" following my pop at Angela Rayner.
aggi wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:48 pm
It will be interesting to see what attack lines people go with.

I'm tipping big house and not working class enough (whilst simultaeneously saying that the reason people are voting tory is because the working class are aspirational now) plus he didn't get every decision right whilst DPP.
aggi wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:01 pm
I hear he lives in a house too!
Anyway you carry on twisting what I said and I'll just take the opportunity to point out what that over promoted clown, Angela " it's ok for people with big houses to say that" Rayner , said each time you do!

Everybody's happy!

🌞👍😉

aggi
Posts: 5664
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:31 am
Been Liked: 1332 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by aggi » Fri May 29, 2020 1:11 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:42 am
That's a very convenient memory loss! :lol:

You're kidding no one. Especially yourself. You only made the references to his "house" following my pop at Angela Rayner.





Anyway you carry on twisting what I said and I'll just take the opportunity to point out what that over promoted clown, Angela " it's ok for people with big houses to say that" Rayner , said each time you do!

Everybody's happy!

🌞👍😉
Given that half of the national press were running stories about his big house then pointing out that was going to be an attack line wasn't that surprising. If you want to feel that it was inspired by you though, feel free.

mkmel
Posts: 3699
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:37 pm
Been Liked: 936 times
Has Liked: 1066 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by mkmel » Fri May 29, 2020 1:50 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:22 am
New daily mail editor is a remainer.
New daily mail editor is still a right winger

Greenmile
Posts: 2502
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 2558 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Greenmile » Fri May 29, 2020 7:13 am

Damo wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:50 pm
Hence my facetious reply. Its "Tricky" by the way
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/tricksy

Every day’s a school day.

Greenmile
Posts: 2502
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 2558 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Greenmile » Fri May 29, 2020 7:23 am

Burnleyareback2 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:00 pm
Imagine if at the start of this the public were able to stick to the guidelines, the “lockdown” wouldn’t of happened.
But no, a huge amount of people ignored it and the government had to assume that nobody had any common sense.
We then found the same people went nuts because the government didn’t confirm on a personal individual one to one basis how changes in the restrictions would effect them personally. (Increasing government fears about national lack of common sense again)
I couldn’t really care what DC has done, I suspect most of the people moaning fall into the lack of common sense category.
Thanks to those people, the ones that messed it up for us all.
Like those poor folk who burned to death in Grenfell because they lacked the common sense to ignore the advice of the fire service.

GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 3897
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 748 times
Has Liked: 1625 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri May 29, 2020 7:53 am

mkmel wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:50 am
New daily mail editor is still a right winger
Makes no odds really, as he's a staunch remainer.

DC has been instrumental in helping to get Brexit over the line.
If they can whip up enough hysteria to get DC fired then its going to make a lot of people happy.

Grumps
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:15 am
Been Liked: 448 times
Has Liked: 190 times

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Grumps » Fri May 29, 2020 7:56 am

What's happened to the papers/reporters who told lies about multiple trips from London to Durham?

Locked