Advice on getting rid of belly fat?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
UnderSeige
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 833 times

Re: Advice on getting rid of belly fat?

Post by UnderSeige » Wed May 27, 2020 2:25 pm

Hi
I was 15st 2 at the end of 2017. I needed to get down to 11 and a half stone to be in the middle of my healthy body fat range. I achieved this by the autumn of 2018. I have remained around 11 and a half stone since.

The first stone was fairly easy. As someone above said, cut out carbs. I stopped eating sugar, white bread, pasta etc. Apparently sugar and high carbs need to be burned up immediately (exerting exercise) otherwise the body will store the extra energy as fat. Hence the waist line. Eating sugar and carbs will also make you more hungry.

Don't go on a time limited diet. The new diet must be permanent otherwise you will just be starting again in a few months time.

Eat less.

Eat a well balanced diet. You don't want to end up making yourself ill by not eating enough. Consult a dietician or Doctor if in doubt.

Eat some food with fat in it every day. Fat helps to satiate your appetite. As long as you don't overdo it, it's OK to have a moderate size English breakfast a couple of times a week or an 'egg, sausage beans and chips tea' once in a while.

Don't have 'pig out days'. Eat roughly the same amount every day.

Don't 'binge out' at Christmas or other holidays. Keep eating roughly the same amount every day.

The above things are the things that reduced my weight.

I have also heard that beer drinking can be bad for weight gain. I have never drunk much beer in the past but if I was a beer drinker and wanted to lose weight, along with sugar, it would be the first thing to go. That goes for anything fizzy such as pop and carbonated water.

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1149 times
Has Liked: 1443 times

Post by Pearcey » Wed May 27, 2020 4:16 pm

I’ve lost 5 stone since September. I joined a slimming world group and it’s worked for me. I do cycle a lot as well which has kept me steady during lockdown (which has been a struggle). I’ve just given myself a kick up the arse to get back on it. Need to lose 2 more stone.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Thu May 28, 2020 9:26 am

Good thread, lots of good advice.

For those who cut carbs etc - what do you eat for breakfast each day? It’s this that I struggle with

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 580 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Thu May 28, 2020 9:47 am

Zlatan wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:26 am

For those who cut carbs etc - what do you eat for breakfast each day? It’s this that I struggle with
I had scrambled eggs A LOT for breakfast when low carb-ing. Could throw in some smoked salmon too. Grilled bacon is good too. In fact, most of a full English is fine except the toast and beans.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

Hipper
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Hipper » Thu May 28, 2020 9:51 am

Scrambled egg made with butter and cream, garlic, spring onions, cherry tomatoes and cooked spinach, with various additions such as a cut up sausage, smoked salmon, mushrooms - use you imagination.

Alternatively, you could use the same ingredients and make an omelette/frittata and have it on a bed of spinach/lettuce etc..

Whilst counting calories can help to get an idea of what your intake is you shouldn't get obsessed with it. If you cut out all the crap food then eating the rest will fill you up and you'll have no need to count them.

In any case, it is not an exact calculation. The measurements are based on laboratory burning of fat, protein etc. but your body does not use energy in that way. This is pretty obvious to anyone who has gone on a starvation diet with a ridiculously low calorie intake - say 1,000 calories/day. After a short time your body will adapt and reduce or close down various activities. You will become mentally and physically lethargic. It can also lead to your body not only using fat for energy but protein, so muscles start to break down too. Not good.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu May 28, 2020 9:57 am

Zlatan wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:26 am

For me it's been the yo-yo effect, but every time I've lost a decent amount of weight, it's never been on any diets. I do believe, that unless you've gained weight due to a medical reason, there's 2 things that you need to lose weight: Self-discipline and common sense. That's it.

Most people know what sorts of food to eat more of and what to cut down on. Eat less sugar and drink less alcohol, eat more healthier foods, not too much food, and mix that with more exercise. But you need to be disciplined to stick with it. So basically, I don't believe in diets, they're there to make money and think if you're self-disciplined and have a bit of basic knowledge regarding what's healthy and what isn't, you can lose weight.
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan Alanstevensonsgloves

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu May 28, 2020 9:59 am

Based on the alcohol thread this is probably the last place you should be getting dietary advice :lol:

On a serious note. My experience is that balance and common sense are more important than any diet. I’ve never had a problem with weight or fat. But never diet. Maybe I’m lucky but I imagine it’s more about what I eat and do than I realise.

I Exercise (walk) plenty (don’t actually do much else by way of exercise but walk lots, don’t drink much and eat sensibly. Almost everything is ‘proper’ ingredients. Lockdowns actually helped in this regard as every single meal I’ve eaten for the last three months has been prepared in our house. Although nothing we Make is ever conscious with ‘diet’ in mind.

Use common sense. Get plenty of greens and the like. And it will come naturally. Minimise processed foods. Limit sugar.

I eat lots of fruit and veg, lots of home cooked meals. But also don’t completely sacrifice a bit of what I fancy. I eat plenty of pasta and rice. And even desserts in moderation.

A big killer I imagine is fizzy pop. I almost never drink that.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Thu May 28, 2020 10:06 am

It seems we're in agreement there cc.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu May 28, 2020 10:25 am

FactualFrank wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:06 am
It seems we're in agreement there cc.
Had a good filling, healthy breakfast. Healthy breakfast dinner and tea yesterday. But had a homemade rice pudding and homemade curry last couple of days. That said the curry was all natural ingredients so was probably fine and definitely better than any take away curry.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Thu May 28, 2020 8:22 pm

In February, I created a thread asking for advice re fighting diabetes.

In the following 13 weeks, I’ve lost 2 and 1/4 stones. I’m hoping to lose another 1 and 1/2 stones.

From 15st 4lb to 11st 7lb. From ‘obese’ to ‘healthy’ on the BMI charts.

I don’t know if I will reverse the diabetes type 2 until I can have blood tests in August.

How did I do it?

1) Reducing my alcohol consumption. From drinking red wine 6 nights a week to 2 or 3 evenings, and 2 or 3 glasses instead of a full bottle.

2) Greatly reduced the carbohydrates. No more than 2 slices of whole meal bread per day. Few potatoes or chips. Very little rice or pasta.

3) Calorie counting. Learning how many calories are in each item. Keeping precise daily records of my food and drink consumption. I’ve been having 1,000 to 1,400 calories each day.

4) Because of lockdown, I’ve been able to walk my dog twice a day instead of once. I’m now thinking of buying a cycle and increasing my exercise regime.

It’s been hard work but I knew I really wanted to do this. I’m already reaping the benefits....feeling great and much happier in my appearance.
These 5 users liked this post: Rowls Zlatan tim_noone Buxtonclaret joey13

Rowls
Been Liked: 5096 times
Has Liked: 5162 times

Post by Rowls » Thu May 28, 2020 8:29 pm

That post has made me feel brilliant LCP. Well done and keep up the great work! :)

LoveCurryPies

Post by LoveCurryPies » Thu May 28, 2020 8:42 pm

Rowls wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:29 pm
That post has made me feel brilliant LCP. Well done and keep up the great work! :)
I hope to inspire a few more people. My advice would be you’ve got to really want to do it and be realistic about how long it will take. If you have a day of overindulgence, adding a pound or two, well just get back on track the next day and don’t be down on yourself.

Each of us is different and we need to find our own calorie limits. I now lose about 2 pounds each week by consuming under 1,500 calories each day. Over 1,800 calories, I put a pound on. Simple.
These 3 users liked this post: Rowls Zlatan Buxtonclaret

MalaysiaMo
Been Liked: 30 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by MalaysiaMo » Fri May 29, 2020 4:33 am

Back in February 2019 I decided to only eat two meals a day - lunch and dinner, rather than three, and to cut-out snacks. That's the equivalent of fasting (i.e. no food at all) for two days per week compared with previous practice (three meals a day). The first month was tough - subsequent months have been relatively easy. I've lost about 12 kg (just less than 2 stone), without really trying - and saved money.

We are socially conditioned to eat three meals a day, nothing more - there is no physiological reason to stick with a practice that largely dates to regularised working hours associated with the industrial revolution. The Romans did OK off their one meal a day .....
This user liked this post: Rowls

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Fri May 29, 2020 8:13 am

Anything white is a problem, bread, sugar, rice, pasta, milk & cream. Reduce them all.
Walking is good but you need to sweat to lose weight.
Ironically I’ve just seen a clip on fb for japanese water. Basically chunks of ginger and slices of lemon simmered in 1.5l of water. Strained, cooled and stored. Drink as required. The page was headlined to reduce belly fat. Don’t shoot the messenger, I’ve never tried it.
This user liked this post: LoveCurryPies

Inchy
Been Liked: 1334 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Inchy » Fri May 29, 2020 8:18 am

LoveCurryPies wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:22 pm

In the following 13 weeks, I’ve lost 2 and 1/4 stones. I’m hoping to lose another 1 and 1/2 stones.

I don’t know if I will reverse the diabetes type 2 until I can have blood tests in August.

How did I do it?

1) Reducing my alcohol consumption. From drinking red wine 6 nights a week to 2 or 3 evenings, and 2 or 3 glasses instead of a full bottle.

2) Greatly reduced the carbohydrates. No more than 2 slices of whole meal bread per day. Few potatoes or chips. Very little rice or pasta.

3) Calorie counting. Learning how many calories are in each item. Keeping precise daily records of my food and drink consumption. I’ve been having 1,000 to 1,400 calories each day.

4) Because of lockdown, I’ve been able to walk my dog twice a day instead of once. I’m now thinking of buying a cycle and increasing my exercise regime.

It’s been hard work but I knew I really wanted to do this. I’m already reaping the benefits....feeling great and much happier in my appearance.

Seriously well done!

Anyone with T2DM should seriously think about improving their diet now more than ever. People with T2DM do not do well with covid.

I suspect with your diet change you have at least gone back to the pre diabetes stage which is excellent. Hope the blood tests show this.

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3766 times
Has Liked: 7557 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Fri May 29, 2020 8:22 am

LoveCurryPies wrote:

How did I do it?

Great post, LCP
Like to add my congratulations. It can't but inspire.

Hipper

Post by Hipper » Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 am

LoveCurryPies wrote:

How did I do it?

Well Done!

I found that when I went on the Ketone Diet my fasting blood sugar level dropped from 6.4, which is pre-diabetic apparently, to around 5.4, normal. That took three months. This seems to be independent of weight loss. It's just about diet and particularly removing most of the sugar and starch.

There was a TV programme a couple of years ago that had a seventy year old man on full type 2 diabetic treatment who went on a Ketone Diet and within six months was off all medication as his sugar levels returned to normal.

Blood pressure on the other hand seems mostly about weight loss.

LoveCurryPies

Post by LoveCurryPies » Fri May 29, 2020 4:20 pm

Hipper wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 am
Well Done!

I found that when I went on the Ketone Diet my fasting blood sugar level dropped from 6.4, which is pre-diabetic apparently, to around 5.4, normal. That took three months. This seems to be independent of weight loss. It's just about diet and particularly removing most of the sugar and starch.

There was a TV programme a couple of years ago that had a seventy year old man on full type 2 diabetic treatment who went on a Ketone Diet and within six months was off all medication as his sugar levels returned to normal.

Blood pressure on the other hand seems mostly about weight loss.
Interesting you mention blood pressure. I’ve been keeping a record of my blood pressure and pulse throughout. It’s dropped substantially.

huw.Y.WattfromWare

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Fri May 29, 2020 5:59 pm

Re: drinking water. Don’t have any scientific evidence for or against any of the advice given.
I do drink far too many brews a day and carry a lot of water weight because of that. It is not fat though and I find I lose it very quickly with any sweating exercise, even gardening helps.

casualclaret
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by casualclaret » Fri May 29, 2020 6:40 pm

With this losing weight malarkey, nobody can ever answer properly how not to feel hungry. If l cut carbs out l feel hungry again in no time. I then get a bit irritable. Hangry l think is the expression.

huw.Y.WattfromWare

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Fri May 29, 2020 6:57 pm

casualclaret wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:40 pm
With this losing weight malarkey, nobody can ever answer properly how not to feel hungry. If l cut carbs out l feel hungry again in no time. I then get a bit irritable. Hangry l think is the expression.
When I was an athlete and needed to diet, for marathons, I found cleaning my teeth took the hunger pangs away. Zero calories and fresh breath, double win.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Fri May 29, 2020 7:02 pm

huw.Y.WattfromWare wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:57 pm
I found cleaning my teeth took the hunger pangs away. Zero calories and fresh breath, double win.
Helps to protect your heart as well.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri May 29, 2020 7:16 pm

Another tip. Especially useful in lockdown with restaurants closed and takeaway service limited.

If you haven’t got it in you can’t (or it’s harder at least) have it. Biscuits. Chocolate. Crisps. Cakes. Etc. I don’t buy them and because we aren’t going in shops (haven’t since a week before lockdown) we have no option. (Other then when mother drops them off :-( )

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri May 29, 2020 7:25 pm

On water I don’t know whether any of the previous advice is good or bad but I drink lots. Almost exclusively water and a few brews. I must have drunk well over seven pints today. Granted it’s been hot and I’ve been walking.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sat May 30, 2020 9:15 am

Dr Michael Mosley has been interviewed on R4 Today - approx. 8:55 this morning. He was speaking about reducing fat around the belly and how doing this will significantly increase chances of surviving covid-19 infection. He's the 5:2 diet and Fast 800 diet guy. Think he's got another diet book out, updated for covid-19.

Flying Without Ings
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Post by Flying Without Ings » Sat May 30, 2020 4:30 pm

Not so much advice but on a personal front, I haven't cut out pasta, bread etc but will now always have brown/wholemeal rather than white. I always try to have a healthy filling breakfast (wheetabix or porridge with a banana) which sets me up for the day and try to drink 3 or 4 pints of water throughout the day (perhaps more on days like these!).

I try to do my 5 a day Monday to Friday and usually have a cheat day and a few beers on Saturday. I also aim to do 3 high intensity runs a week. This routine seems to work for me for keeping my weight to a healthy level but everyone's body is different. Unless you're an athlete, I think there's no need for people to go OTT or over-complicate it with their health. I think you can eat whatever you want as long as its in moderation and you balance it with healthy foods that your body needs at other times.

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1217 times
Has Liked: 7178 times

Post by Quicknick » Sun May 31, 2020 4:08 pm

This drinking lots of water lark is based on the false view that the body is made up of water. It isn't. It's made up of electrolytes. If you drink too much water, you flush the electrolytes out of your body. Only drink water when you are thirsty.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sun May 31, 2020 4:12 pm

huw.Y.WattfromWare wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:13 am
Ironically I’ve just seen a clip on fb for japanese water. Basically chunks of ginger and slices of lemon simmered in 1.5l of water. Strained, cooled and stored. Drink as required. The page was headlined to reduce belly fat. Don’t shoot the messenger, I’ve never tried it.
Thanks for the message, I'd like to shoot the author. ;)

There's nothing within that which will "burn fat". The only way to burn fat is through eating fewer calories than you expend.

Drinking something which is non-calorific (ie. water with a tiny amount of ginger infused in it) can fill your stomach for a small time and help relieve hunger but I wouldn't recommend drinking more than you are comfortable with. Ie. Do not drink for the sake of it.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sun May 31, 2020 4:14 pm

Quicknick wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 4:08 pm
This drinking lots of water lark is based on the false view that the body is made up of water. It isn't. It's made up of electrolytes. If you drink too much water, you flush the electrolytes out of your body.
Well, the body contains water and it is helpful to be properly hydrated.
Quicknick wrote:
Only drink water when you are thirsty.
I'm in full agreement with this.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sun May 31, 2020 4:18 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:25 pm
On water I don’t know whether any of the previous advice is good or bad but I drink lots. Almost exclusively water and a few brews. I must have drunk well over seven pints today. Granted it’s been hot and I’ve been walking.
That sounds like a LOT to be drinking cricketfieldclarets. I'm not sure if that's healthy.
Flying Without Ings wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 4:30 pm
Not so much advice but on a personal front, I haven't cut out pasta, bread etc but will now always have brown/wholemeal rather than white. I always try to have a healthy filling breakfast (wheetabix or porridge with a banana) which sets me up for the day and try to drink 3 or 4 pints of water throughout the day (perhaps more on days like these!).
Drink when you're thirsty. If you're healthy, you don't need to set yourself a target for drinking water.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun May 31, 2020 4:24 pm

Rowls wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 4:18 pm
That sounds like a LOT to be drinking cricketfieldclarets. I'm not sure if that's healthy.
7 pints over the course of a day isn't anywhere near water intoxication, and water intoxication is rare - very rare. To put it into perspective, our kidneys, assuming you're healthy, can flush out over 20 litres of water a day. That's 35 pints.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sun May 31, 2020 4:38 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 4:24 pm
7 pints over the course of a day isn't anywhere near water intoxication, and water intoxication is rare - very rare. To put it into perspective, our kidneys, assuming you're healthy, can flush out over 20 litres of water a day. That's 35 pints.
No, but it's still a lot.

Of course, if you go for a long walk in the sun it might be perfectly normal. But it still sounds like a lot.

In fact, it's ridiculously high and most people will know that. I'm just pointing it out in case anyone takes his word for it and thinks drinking this amount for the sake of it is a good idea - it isn't.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun May 31, 2020 4:51 pm

7 pints of water over the course of a day is fine.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sun May 31, 2020 4:56 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 4:51 pm
7 pints of water over the course of a day is fine.
It's not normal or necessary and it is potentially a sign that he might not be well. I don't know.

Admittedly, given who it is, it's more like a very dull fishing trip for him but if I had a relative or friend who regularly drank 7 pints of water per day I would ask them to seek medical advice.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun May 31, 2020 5:03 pm

Rowls wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 4:56 pm
It's not normal or necessary
A 15 second Google just found this from the Mayoclinic:

The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine determined that an adequate daily fluid intake is: About 3.7 litres of fluids for men. 2.7 for women.

3.7 litres = 6.5 pints.

I'd agree if you meant over the course of a short time, such as 1-2 hours. But not over 14 waking hours. And many medical sources I've read over time state 3-4 litres as being absolutely fine.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sun May 31, 2020 5:15 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 5:03 pm
A 15 second Google just found this from the Mayoclinic:

The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine determined that an adequate daily fluid intake is: About 3.7 litres of fluids for men. 2.7 for women.

3.7 litres = 6.5 pints.

I'd agree if you meant over the course of a short time, such as 1-2 hours. But not over 14 waking hours. And many medical sources I've read over time state 3-4 litres as being absolutely fine.
"Fluid intake" is not the same as "drinking".

Another quick google tells you that 20% of your fluid intake comes from food. This means you only really to drink 2.9 litres/day and get the other 0.8 from your food.

Maybe cricketfields is eating only dried food? Who knows. There are lots of variables.

But if he is regularly drinking 7 pints per day and has a normal diet he is taking on ~ 4.8 litres of liquid per day which is 1.1 litres above what is stated as adequate.

That equates to close to 30% over what the recommended adequate liquid intake is.

Seems high to me but perhaps it's within the normal boundaries.

Bribfc
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by Bribfc » Sun May 31, 2020 6:34 pm

Thanks everybody for the advice, trying a variety of what has been said and will keep you updated with progress.

Also a massive well done to LCP, wishing you the best and keep up the hard work :)

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun May 31, 2020 8:47 pm

Quicknick wrote:
This drinking lots of water lark is based on the false view that the body is made up of water. It isn't. It's made up of electrolytes. If you drink too much water, you flush the electrolytes out of your body. Only drink water when you are thirsty.
I don’t know anything to do with the science or nutrition. I just drink a lot because I’m thirsty and it’s refreshing.

In this heat I think I’m drinking 8 pints a day or more on some days

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun May 31, 2020 8:49 pm

Rowls wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 4:18 pm

Drink when you're thirsty. If you're healthy, you don't need to set yourself a target for drinking water.
Possibly not. But as above I’ve never had any issues with fat or general health. And I’m sure it’s better than sinking 8 pints of ale!

I reckon I’ve had 8 pints of water today.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun May 31, 2020 8:57 pm

Rowls wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 5:15 pm
"Fluid intake" is not the same as "drinking".

Another quick google tells you that 20% of your fluid intake comes from food. This means you only really to drink 2.9 litres/day and get the other 0.8 from your food.

Maybe cricketfields is eating only dried food? Who knows. There are lots of variables.

But if he is regularly drinking 7 pints per day and has a normal diet he is taking on ~ 4.8 litres of liquid per day which is 1.1 litres above what is stated as adequate.

That equates to close to 30% over what the recommended adequate liquid intake is.

Seems high to me but perhaps it's within the normal boundaries.
No. Not a lot of dried stuff. Today I drank a lot of water. And half a cucumber which is heavily water too. But it feels right.

My weights good. My BMI is healthy. And I eat plenty of goodness.

Now and again a bit of crap when I fancy.

As I say not saying anything I’ve said is science or nutritional advice. That said I would imagine eight pints of water in summer is far better than three!

Ive done a reasonable amount of walking this last week. Averaging 12,000- 20,000 steps per day. A lot uphill (either brunshaw hill into Worsthorne or Towneley / up Mosley road to rose hill and down. Both either with a double pram or one baby on back and one in pram. Also several laps of Thompson park. (Would usually be further afield but obvious restrictions).

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun May 31, 2020 9:00 pm

To add a bit of context also. This is typical daily meals. All Meals I make are almost entirely from scratch.

The pizza is probably the unhealthiest dish but even that’s all good ingredients on top of wholemeal wraps instead of pizza dough. Tastes incredible.

The curry was 100% from scratch and as good as any takeaway and no ghee!

Probably another reason I don’t have issues with weight.

As above I don’t sacrifice stuff I like either. I just genuinely like good, healthy food. Tastes better and makes you feel better.
Attachments
225DDC95-EAE8-4FE6-AD1B-C158AC9DA155.jpeg
225DDC95-EAE8-4FE6-AD1B-C158AC9DA155.jpeg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 1077 times
78E09B59-764B-40BD-A028-175CECCC792A.jpeg
78E09B59-764B-40BD-A028-175CECCC792A.jpeg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 1077 times
4BF4A2D7-53A3-4D35-8339-4B29E1F815C0.jpeg
4BF4A2D7-53A3-4D35-8339-4B29E1F815C0.jpeg (894.83 KiB) Viewed 1077 times

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun May 31, 2020 9:02 pm

Attachments
B16B02CF-E60D-4373-8E7C-6203AD8245B8.jpeg
B16B02CF-E60D-4373-8E7C-6203AD8245B8.jpeg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 1077 times
952F0452-4531-4084-ACED-97CB76B2D926.jpeg
952F0452-4531-4084-ACED-97CB76B2D926.jpeg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1077 times

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2293 times
Has Liked: 2166 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:20 pm

You’ve made me hungry now! Looks class

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun May 31, 2020 9:28 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:20 pm
You’ve made me hungry now! Looks class
Them pizzas literally take ten minutes to make AND cook.

Tortilla wrap. Sprayed both sides with dry light.

Smear with garlic.

Then some passata with some herbs thrown in.

Then any toppings you want. I topped off when cooked with fresh basil and a bit of olive oil and pepper.

Cook on the highest possible heat. I’ve got a pizza oven which will cook them in a minute. But the normal oven about five or six minutes.

The curry again took ten to twenty minutes to prepare. And tasted quality. From a £2 curry recipe book.

Bribfc
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by Bribfc » Sun May 31, 2020 9:29 pm

I fully agree, Burnley1989, that prawns in ginger looks appetizing......Starving now.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun May 31, 2020 10:17 pm

Bribfc wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:29 pm
I fully agree, Burnley1989, that prawns in ginger looks appetizing......Starving now.
Theirs the recipe book. The recipe. Oh and a slow cooker madras just as a bonus :lol:
Attachments
19F965DF-1963-4D3E-9DA7-C038993CF14A.jpeg
19F965DF-1963-4D3E-9DA7-C038993CF14A.jpeg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 1038 times
E4D8B374-84AB-4E16-BFB5-F1FC161F59B3.jpeg
E4D8B374-84AB-4E16-BFB5-F1FC161F59B3.jpeg (753.34 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
7FD677C7-0D3B-4752-8DA8-CB9E19FCC47D.jpeg
7FD677C7-0D3B-4752-8DA8-CB9E19FCC47D.jpeg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 1038 times
This user liked this post: Bfcboyo

Hipper

Post by Hipper » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:58 am

The key in your pictures is not just the ingredients but the quantities.

When I was working I would eat from a plate which was full to overflowing!

Another factor is cooking for one. Yes I know you can freeze leftovers in many cases but cooking a small quantity of something doesn't seem right!

However I'm one of those 'throw it in' merchants when it comes to eating. Eating slowly, chewing thirty times (or whatever) is clearly the better way.

Hipper

Post by Hipper » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:08 am

This is more or less what I eat now:

Breakfast Chicken Salad

Basic salad: walnut oil plus Knorr salad dressing powder; spring onions; cucumber; tomato; half avocado; radish; garlic; coriander; rocket; spinach.
Chicken tika slices.
Breakfast Ingredients a.JPG
Breakfast Ingredients a.JPG (71.85 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
Breakfast a.JPG
Breakfast a.JPG (84.87 KiB) Viewed 1006 times

Hipper

Post by Hipper » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:11 am

Lunch Haddock smoked salmon goo

mushrooms; garlic; onion; celery; carrot; beans; leek; broccoli; tomato puree; cream cheese; haddock; butter (for cooking haddock and sauce); smoked salmon
Lunch Ingredients a.JPG
Lunch Ingredients a.JPG (70.1 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
Lunch a.JPG
Lunch a.JPG (77.45 KiB) Viewed 1004 times

littleboroughclaret
Been Liked: 16 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by littleboroughclaret » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:12 am

If you need a tata have a sweet one rather than a normal one. It's a super veg. Oven cook like a normal one or make wedges. Great if you are going to keep the exercise up.