Advice on getting rid of belly fat?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Hipper
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Re: Advice on getting rid of belly fat?

Post by Hipper » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:12 am

Dinner Ham Omelette

eggs; ham; spinach; spring onions; cherry tomatoes. Fried in coconut oil.
Dinner Ingredients a.JPG
Dinner Ingredients a.JPG (60.35 KiB) Viewed 657 times
Dinner a.JPG
Dinner a.JPG (76.65 KiB) Viewed 657 times
This user liked this post: LoveCurryPies

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:30 am

There's certainly a hole in the market for a website which takes all the stress, organising and shopping out of eating healthier. I've certainly not come across one.

The site would ask what foods you like, what foods you don't like, will take in more details about your weight, height, what you want to achieve. It will give you a 7-14 day (or day number you select) plan with cooking instructions (depending on how much cooking you want to do). It will ask for any allergies you have, if you're intolerant to any foods.

And it will fill your online supermarket basket with all of the ingredients you need.

Basically, everything from start to finish, other than actually cooking the damn thing.

There's sites that do a bit of the above, but nothing close to all of the above.

It also doesn't help when most meal plans consist of ingredients that only 0.000001% of the population has in their kitchen cupboards. So you buy something you've never heard of, for 1 meal, as no other meal on the planet includes it.

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:11 pm

its getting like Face-ook on here with people posting photos of the food they are cooking and eating. What they are actually trying to do however is create a feeling of insecurity and a higher need for confirmation that what they are eating is right. We don't need to see your food. Just eat it and enjoy.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Alanstevensonsgloves
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by Alanstevensonsgloves » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:26 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:17 pm
Theirs the recipe book. The recipe. Oh and a slow cooker madras just as a bonus :lol:
That prawns and ginger curry looks delicious cfc. That's my Saturday tea sorted............ what time should I come round and pick it up 😁😁😁
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2309 times
Has Liked: 2173 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:46 pm

I’m off for the weekly shop tomorrow, I’m planning on cooking a few of these!

barba
Been Liked: 100 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by barba » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:02 pm

I have lost a stone this year and 3 stone in total from my heaviest.

Lockdown exercise and being mindful about alcohol and snacks has helped but the biggest help for me has been fasting.

I'll fast for 24 hours twice per week, so after my Sunday evening meal i'll not eat anything and only have black coffee and water until Monday's evening meal. I'll repeat this on Tuesday or Wednesday. The other days i'll eat relatively sensible but won't calorie count as I really can't be bothered and it feels restrictive. It was hard to begin with, but i'm used to it now.
These 2 users liked this post: Rowls Quicknick

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:39 am

Alanstevensonsgloves wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:26 pm
That prawns and ginger curry looks delicious cfc. That's my Saturday tea sorted............ what time should I come round and pick it up 😁😁😁
I can leave it two metres from my front door any time after 6 :lol:

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:40 am

pushpinpussy wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:11 pm
its getting like Face-ook on here with people posting photos of the food they are cooking and eating. What they are actually trying to do however is create a feeling of insecurity and a higher need for confirmation that what they are eating is right. We don't need to see your food. Just eat it and enjoy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:19 am

Well. I’ve never been a runner. In fact I’d go as far as saying I detest it. Even at school I hated long distance. (Liked sprinting mind).

But this thread has in part motivated me to start today. Having gone back to work after three weeks on paternity I noticed in the two days I’ve been back, even though working from home my exercise has dropped to around ten percent of my normal ‘average’. With two little ones. Busy job. Mrs. Etc etc I figured that’s only going to continue so running makes sense. As I can cover same distance in a fraction of the time ( in theory).

So set out tonight with the intention of doing 5k. Ended up doing 12. Not at the speed or intensity I’d like to be at. But it was a start. And apparently burnt over 900 calories in the process.

Won’t aim to overdo it. And will be happy with a regular 5k tbh as that’s 5k more than I ever do. But hopefully see some good results physically and mentally.

Secretly enjoyed it too. Even though I maintain walking is just as good if not better for you. It’s one of them things when eventually I seize up I’d regret not doing looking back.

Hopefully this thread has helped a few others. Good thread.

S27bfc
Been Liked: 51 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by S27bfc » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:32 pm

I am a big bloke 10 weeks ago I weighed 19 stone 4 lbs needed to do something but having rheumatoid arthritis for 30years some exercises were hard on my joints. I decided to get a exercise bike started slowly doing 3.5 miles a day on top of this eating healthy working on 1200-1400 calories a day. I built up my exercise gradually now doing 8.5 a day roughly 30mins I have so far lost 28lbs and feel miles better,you just have to keep yourself motivated to get results.This thread is a breath of fresh air
These 4 users liked this post: Accrington claret FactualFrank Alanstevensonsgloves cricketfieldclarets

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:11 pm

S27bfc wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:32 pm
I am a big bloke 10 weeks ago I weighed 19 stone 4 lbs needed to do something but having rheumatoid arthritis for 30years some exercises were hard on my joints. I decided to get a exercise bike started slowly doing 3.5 miles a day on top of this eating healthy working on 1200-1400 calories a day. I built up my exercise gradually now doing 8.5 a day roughly 30mins I have so far lost 28lbs and feel miles better,you just have to keep yourself motivated to get results.This thread is a breath of fresh air
Nice one. Losing weight will make it easier on your knees as well.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:52 am

S27bfc wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:32 pm
Keep going, Fella! You will start to look and feel like a new man.

When I lost my first 22lbs, I put 22 tins (beans, soups) in a carrier bag and lifted it. Quite a weight! To think I was carrying that weight 24 hours a day helped spur me on. I'm now lost 34lbs and don't have enough tins. :lol:
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets S27bfc