Joe hart

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Re: Joe hart

Post by SGr » Fri May 29, 2020 12:43 am

tarkys_ears wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:39 am
Lol
If not him, then who? JBG the only contender I can think of?

Inchy
Been Liked: 1334 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Inchy » Fri May 29, 2020 8:29 am

I criticised Hart last season because I didn’t feel he was good enough. I still don’t and other Premier league clubs are hardly rushing to snap him up.

Nothing wrong with fans criticising a very well paid player on a message board. Offensive stuff is uncalled for obviously.

I suspect Joes mental health will have suffered partly because he wasn’t playing well.

beddie
Been Liked: 1406 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by beddie » Fri May 29, 2020 8:36 am

He's like most footballers, they need regular first team action. I really hope he can find that at another club, that will certainly boost his confidence. I'd like to think there would be several championship clubs after his services.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri May 29, 2020 8:54 am

We now have a footballer being slated due to him being unhappy at not playing.

Some really do earn the dingle tag
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets tim_noone

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri May 29, 2020 8:56 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:54 am
We now have a footballer being slated due to him being unhappy at not playing.

Some really do earn the dingle tag
Spot on
This user liked this post: tim_noone

burnmark
Been Liked: 602 times
Has Liked: 477 times

Post by burnmark » Fri May 29, 2020 9:21 pm

What a ridiculous thread this has turned into.

If you read his interviews and watch the documentary he isn’t claiming depression but just simply a disappointment of not playing. Imagine the reactions if he came out and said ‘I’m earning thousands of pounds a week without having to do nothing!’

The guy wants to play - quite right. Others will have sat on their backsides taking in the money they were given. He didn't force us into signing him. Joe Hart is still a very good goalkeeper.

As for this arrogance persona that is flying around, I’ve met him twice and he was absolutely brilliant with my kids and myself.
These 3 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets tim_noone longsidepies

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:34 pm

If Hart wants to play then he'll likely have to leave BFC in the next window,i'm glad he's showing disappointment at kicking his heels on the bench,i'd rather that then the attitude of Ben Gibson,Joe's been a model pro throughout his Burnley tenure,and his problem is he's got the guy with the most clean sheets in the Prem ahead of him,that's why he's struggling for game time.
These 2 users liked this post: boatshed bill tim_noone

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat May 30, 2020 12:13 am

burnmark wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:21 pm

If you read his interviews and watch the documentary he isn’t claiming depression but just simply a disappointment of not playing. Imagine the reactions if he came out and said ‘I’m earning thousands of pounds a week without having to do nothing!’

The guy wants to play - quite right. Others will have sat on their backsides taking in the money they were given. He didn't force us into signing him. Joe Hart is still a very good goalkeeper.

As for this arrogance persona that is flying around, I’ve met him twice and he was absolutely brilliant with my kids and myself.
Come on that can’t be true. He played for England and earns loads.
This user liked this post: burnmark

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Sat May 30, 2020 8:11 am

burnmark wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:21 pm

Fair post. Being down and unhappy about a situation isn’t the same as depression. It annoys me that people/organisations try to label it as such.i don’t suffer from it but have known people that do and it isn’t fair to them and doesn’t help the cause. Some programmes in the media are almost telling people to speak up because they must have it when they probably don’t.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat May 30, 2020 8:22 am

The first half of that season we were absolutely shocking. Lots of people want to make Hart the scapegoat, forgetting that in lots of games he saved us from getting an absolute hiding, Wolves away for example.
These 3 users liked this post: Blackburn_Claret burnmark cricketfieldclarets

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:50 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:22 am
The first half of that season we were absolutely shocking. Lots of people want to make Hart the scapegoat, forgetting that in lots of games he saved us from getting an absolute hiding, Wolves away for example.
The whole squad were a yard of the pace up til Xmas last season,whether that was due to an early start, EL hangover or just key players being off form Jack Cork for one it's hard to pinpoint, but it's easy too blame the new boy and make him the scapegoat.

The nature of the PL is teams like Burnley will experience peaks and troughs, we were hardly pulling up trees around Xmas this season is Hart to blame for that.

And let's not forget even in our 7th placed campaign we had that 12 game run without a victory, it'll happen at this level to every team now and again, even some of the big 6 have their lean spells.