FAO dyched and lovecurrypies re bike.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
HunterST_BFC
Been Liked: 1402 times
Has Liked: 2691 times

FAO dyched and lovecurrypies re bike.

Post by HunterST_BFC » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:25 pm

re bike thread
I may be able to help.
Free of charge.
I've a bike you can have for a couple of month's / rest of summer to try so you can see how you get on with cycling.
Might save you wasting cash if you don't get into it. Might also give you more of an idea of what you may want to buy. Will certainly give you an idea of the size that best suits you.
I can't use it for the forseeable.

I may even sell it if you like it - don't worry it would not be a lot. It's a good bike with good spec' with a couple of upgrades (gears brakes) additions that are easy to revert / change to taste, eg the seat,

2 questions.
1 - How tall are you? If you 6ft + it will be fine - shorter than 5ft 10" it's too big for you.
2 - where are you based?

Let me know if interested.
I'll then dig out the spec'.
This user liked this post: LoveCurryPies

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Re: FAO dyched and lovecurrypies re bike.

Post by Dyched » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:42 pm

That’s very kind of you Hunter. Unfortunately I fall into the category “It’s too big for you.” :lol:

Superb gesture though and much appreciated.

Thanks

HunterST_BFC
Been Liked: 1402 times
Has Liked: 2691 times

Post by HunterST_BFC » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:14 am

Dyched wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:42 pm
That’s very kind of you Hunter. Unfortunately I fall into the category “It’s too big for you.” :lol:

Superb gesture though and much appreciated.

Thanks
No prob just trying to help someone.
As a kid my mates dad put blocks on his kids pedals, :roll: that didn't end well! :lol:

Don't spend your cash until you get a "fitting" so to speak. (nip to a bike shop - even Halfords - before spending a wadge). This will give you best idea of the Frame size best for you. Think of your legs as levers.
Then look for second hand in that size and go from there.
You can always sell it / upgrade it when you either get the bug - or find out what you already have what suits you / or go full on lycra, get a second morgage and spend all your spare cash on gadgets, carbon fibre and accesories (my 50 year old tubby neighbor - F'MAMIL).
Made me laugh after he bought a fixed gear bike and broke his wrist 2 weeks later and pretty much took all the skin of his shoulder - he also bought a Harley Davidson a month later... Anything to escape his wife I guess. :lol:

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:05 am

What a generous offer HunterST_BFC ;) Thank you anyway!

I'm near Wetherby and only 5' 9" - only looking for something to ride up and down my drive. Sounds daft but it's a half mile long. :lol:

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:00 am

If heights a problem you could use use a smaller width tire with the same rims, and generally not need to adjust anything. This might gain you a half inch or so.