Professor Karol Sikora

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Professor Karol Sikora

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:14 am

For anyone who wants some positive, expert advice on current situation to follow I've been recommended to follow this guy.

Anyone on here follow him? He puts to bed a lot of the myths and media drama.

Might be worth following for anyone sick of reading the negativity.

StuffyClaret
Been Liked: 144 times
Has Liked: 93 times

Re: Professor Karol Sikora

Post by StuffyClaret » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:21 am

Is this in relation to the ongoing Hendrick 'will he/won't he' saga?
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Stockbrokerbelt
Been Liked: 221 times
Has Liked: 137 times

Post by Stockbrokerbelt » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:25 am

I follow him & as an expert he is quite down the league something like non league football, he mainly comments on the stats & does not agree with sage or the ONS figs.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 578 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:41 am

Hasn’t he been outed as a bit of a ‘quack’?

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:05 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:41 am
Im not sure, he was recommended by someone but I must admit I dont know personally whether he is or isnt worth following. Wondered if anyone on here followed him.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:05 am

StuffyClaret wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:21 am
Is this in relation to the ongoing Hendrick 'will he/won't he' saga?
:lol: :lol:

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:08 am

His expertise is oncology (though given his prognosis on al-Megrahi etc) though he’s become the go to critic of the government’s Covid response

He’s a chancellor at a private Uni and isn’t a big fan of the NHS
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karol_Sikora

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:13 am

I see some of his tweets through others liking him, but I don't follow.

Just seems to look for the best news in number of deaths falling etc..

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:15 pm

I’ve noticed this guy popping up a bit, I also saw this posted on Facebook about him. Not sure how much is true as it’s clearly one sided -

A few of the things you might need to know about him :

He hates the NHS. Really, really hates it. Calls it 'the last bastion of communism'.

He used to work for the World Health Organisation. He hates the WHO. He claimed he resigned, but smarter and more reliable sources say he was fired over some of his more, er, radical ideas, after a dispute with the United Nations (He hates them, too. Can you see a pattern emerging here?)

He is an Oncology Advisor. Not to Health Services or NHS Trusts, who do not accept his more extreme thinking, but to pharmaceutical companies Cyclacel and AstraZeneca, who'll take anyone they can get.

He appeared in American adverts for the Republican Party, attacking President Obama's Health Plan - with data that was later proven to be false. He is part of the US Health Lobby that aims to buy as many parts of the NHS as it can.

He has claimed for 22 years to be Professor of Oncology at Imperial College. He even introduced himself to a Commons Health Select Committee with that title. He is not - and never was. This led Imperial to seek legal advice to stop Sikora from making such claims.

"I can confirm that Karol Sikora is not on the staff at Imperial and does not hold the title of honorary professor of oncology. This individual has been warned before by the college for making claims that he is employed by us, or associated with us. His views are very certainly not the views of the college."

- Prof Sir Roy Anderson, Imperial College London,

He loves his grand titles :

Dean of the School of Medicine at Buckingham - nothing to do with the established medical training system. it a privately funded school of medicine and alternative therapies.

Foundation Fellow of The Foundation for Integrated Health - a lobby group.

Chair of the Faculty of Integrated Medicine, which is unaffiliated with any university and is not a 'faculty' - it is another grandly-titled lobby group.

Member of the College of Medicine - another lobby group criticised extensively in the British Medical Journal for its promotion of unproven alternative medicines.

He was one of three doctors that enabled Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al-Megrahi to be released, after obtaining a diagnosis of imminent terminal cancer. The services were paid for by the Libyan Government. Sikora gave him three months to live ... whereupon al-Megrahi recovered in miraculous fashion, living on for several years.

He called for cancer drugs to be rationed for older patients, not in such a way as to open a discussion about the possibility of it, but as budgetary factor.

Along the way in his career, Sikora gave a lethal injection to a 14 year old patient, and defended several fellow medical professionals who were charged with items ranging from incompetence to professional misconduct to murder - who were either found guilty (Dr Jane Barton) , or in one case, exonerated but confessed later to being guilty (Dr Howard Martin). Several deaths were involved, at least 15.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:22 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:14 am
For anyone who wants some positive, expert advice on current situation to follow I've been recommended to follow this guy.

Anyone on here follow him? He puts to bed a lot of the myths and media drama.

Might be worth following for anyone sick of reading the negativity.
Expert advice :o got it totally wrong on most things ,particularly Sweden
There’s a big difference between negativity and putting your head in the sand
Last edited by joey13 on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:22 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:15 pm
I’ve noticed this guy popping up a bit, I also saw this posted on Facebook about him. Not sure how much is true as it’s clearly one sided -

He hates the NHS. Really, really hates it. Calls it 'the last bastion of communism'.

He used to work for the World Health Organisation. He hates the WHO. He claimed he resigned, but smarter and more reliable sources say he was fired over some of his more, er, radical ideas, after a dispute with the United Nations (He hates them, too. Can you see a pattern emerging here?)

He is an Oncology Advisor. Not to Health Services or NHS Trusts, who do not accept his more extreme thinking, but to pharmaceutical companies Cyclacel and AstraZeneca, who'll take anyone they can get.

He appeared in American adverts for the Republican Party, attacking President Obama's Health Plan - with data that was later proven to be false. He is part of the US Health Lobby that aims to buy as many parts of the NHS as it can.

He has claimed for 22 years to be Professor of Oncology at Imperial College. He even introduced himself to a Commons Health Select Committee with that title. He is not - and never was. This led Imperial to seek legal advice to stop Sikora from making such claims.

"I can confirm that Karol Sikora is not on the staff at Imperial and does not hold the title of honorary professor of oncology. This individual has been warned before by the college for making claims that he is employed by us, or associated with us. His views are very certainly not the views of the college."

Dean of the School of Medicine at Buckingham - nothing to do with the established medical training system. it a privately funded school of medicine and alternative therapies.

Chair of the Faculty of Integrated Medicine, which is unaffiliated with any university and is not a 'faculty' - it is another grandly-titled lobby group.

Member of the College of Medicine - another lobby group criticised extensively in the British Medical Journal for its promotion of unproven alternative medicines.

He was one of three doctors that enabled Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al-Megrahi to be released, after obtaining a diagnosis of imminent terminal cancer. The services were paid for by the Libyan Government. Sikora gave him three months to live ... whereupon al-Megrahi recovered in miraculous fashion, living on for several years.

He called for cancer drugs to be rationed for older patients, not in such a way as to open a discussion about the possibility of it, but as budgetary factor.

Along the way in his career, Sikora gave a lethal injection to a 14 year old patient, and defended several fellow medical professionals who were charged with items ranging from incompetence to professional misconduct to murder - who were either found guilty (Dr Jane Barton) , or in one case, exonerated but confessed later to being guilty (Dr Howard Martin). Several deaths were involved, at least 15.
Think I’ll pass then!
These 3 users liked this post: Zlatan cricketfieldclarets Corky

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1754 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:37 pm

I have seen some of his posts through people who I follow who follow him. After reading a few, I had him down as a bit of a crank. The above seems to reinforce my early assessment.

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:38 pm

Put it this way, Ringo has used one of his quotes to back up his posts on the Covid thread.

Case closed.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:30 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:

I know you have only copied and pasted it from somewhere and I know nothing about him to say if true or not.
But it links him to pharmaceutical companies and then further down says he called for cancer drugs to be rationed for elderly patients.
It sort of contradicts itself. It's not something you would do costing millions to your employer.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:34 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:30 pm
I know you have only copied and pasted it from somewhere and I know nothing about him to say if true or not.
But it links him to pharmaceutical companies and then further down says he called for cancer drugs to be rationed for elderly patients.
It sort of contradicts itself. It's not something you would do costing millions to your employer.
Not fact checked every single claim from Bordeaux but I have pretty much seen must of those statements about what a charlatan he is from numerous very reputable and respected sources.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:48 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:

Well that tells me all I really need to know about him.

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:04 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:30 pm
Yeah like I said I’ve no idea if it’s true or not.
To be honest I noticed various people retweeting him on a regular basis, he did seem quite optimistic in all the gloom and stood out.
That’s the only reason I noticed the post on Facebook about him.

brexit
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:05 pm

Calls the NHS 'the last bastion of communism'.
He has a point there

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1208 times
Has Liked: 7098 times

Post by Quicknick » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:11 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:41 am
No, he hasn't. He is one of a few scientists willing to tell the truth.

Quicknick

Post by Quicknick » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:13 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:

Some drivel in here.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:16 pm

Quicknick wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:13 pm
Some drivel in here.
Agree but don't shoot the Messenger as Bordeaux is only highlighting the complete drivel Sikora likes to spout and Im sure he doesn't support the charlatans views

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:28 pm

Quicknick wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:11 pm
Really? So all the other scientists are lying. Blimey. The things you learn on here.
These 2 users liked this post: Greenmile evensteadiereddie

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:57 pm

Quicknick wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:11 pm
And Bill Gates released the virus, 5G etc etc etc

The man is a pathological liar.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2561 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:35 pm

Quack/crank/fraud, take your pick, all three caps fit him.

Sikora isn't to be trusted in the slightest.
This user liked this post: CleggHall

Quicknick

Post by Quicknick » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:23 pm

'Fear is more deadly than the virus'. Sounds like the truth to me. It is that I was referring to. Watch the interview on Unherd on YouTube.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:48 pm

🎶Viruses don't kill people fears do,
Ask any right wing crank and they'll tell you its true🎶

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:07 pm

Interestingly enough, an anagram of the bloke's name is

OK or a arslik ?

It seems he may well be the latter.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:07 pm

His numbers always seem correct. He's a fairly upbeat too, which is a novelty given the shite they post on bbc, sky news etc. I dont know about his past, or why the lefties on twitter hate him so much. I'm assuming it's because he has blasphemed the holy church of the NHS, but I like his take on the pandemic

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:14 pm

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:54 pm

Damo wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:07 pm
His numbers always seem correct. He's a fairly upbeat too, which is a novelty given the shite they post on bbc, sky news etc. I dont know about his past, or why the lefties on twitter hate him so much. I'm assuming it's because he has blasphemed the holy church of the NHS, but I like his take on the pandemic
The seemingly upbeatness of his posts are what made me notice him to be honest.

Surely the bit about helping the Lockerbie bomber can’t be true can it?

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:58 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:54 pm
The seemingly upbeatness of his posts are what made me notice him to be honest.

Surely the bit about helping the Lockerbie bomber can’t be true can it?
I dont have a clue mate. I've honestly never read anything about him. Just saw his covid19 tweets and liked his upbeat take on the whole situation.
I noticed he's been correcting Piers "the peoples champion" Morgan recently though

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:15 pm

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:16 pm

Damo wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:58 pm
I noticed he's been correcting Piers "the peoples champion" Morgan recently though
That alone i respect.
This user liked this post: Damo

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:17 pm

Oh dear. Helping a terrorist out?

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:18 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:05 am
Im not sure, he was recommended by someone but I must admit I dont know personally whether he is or isnt worth following. Wondered if anyone on here followed him.
I’ve met him with work when I had a meeting down in London, when he was the UK “cancer tsar” (he may just have been on the expert committee, but it was Whitehall where I met him, a long time ago).

He’s a big beast, the folks above who suggest he isn’t one of the top minds on this are a bit misinformed I’d suggest.

By his own admission he is a cancer and immunology expert not a virology expert, but they are related in many ways and someone with a broader perspective is probably what we need right now. Sometimes these scientists seem too detached from wider reality, focusing entirely on their one sliver of specialism (e.g. ignoring mental health impact of the measures they suggest).
Last edited by CrosspoolClarets on Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:19 pm

any bloke called Carol can do one...

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:27 pm