Sky Sports Matches

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretDiver
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Sky Sports Matches

Post by ClaretDiver » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:21 pm

I remember seeing a thread about watching matches with other fams when they start...just got this update from Sky....

'A new feature on the Sky Sports website and app. Fans will now be able to watch select matches with friends in a video room and interact while the action unfolds, giving them the chance to chat about the match and influence the crowd noise they hear on screen. Users of the app can post predictions, join in-match polls and use the Sky Sports stats to fuel the virtual conversation. Sky Sports will broadcast 64 matches across the final rounds of the 2019/20 Premier League, including 25 on Sky's free-to-air Pick channel.'

Cheers, CD

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3088 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Re: Sky Sports Matches

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:27 pm

ClaretDiver wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:21 pm
I remember seeing a thread about watching matches with other fams when they start...just got this update from Sky....

'A new feature on the Sky Sports website and app. Fans will now be able to watch select matches with friends in a video room and interact while the action unfolds, giving them the chance to chat about the match and influence the crowd noise they hear on screen. Users of the app can post predictions, join in-match polls and use the Sky Sports stats to fuel the virtual conversation. Sky Sports will broadcast 64 matches across the final rounds of the 2019/20 Premier League, including 25 on Sky's free-to-air Pick channel.'

Cheers, CD
Brilliant. Think innovations like this could make it quite bareable.

ClaretDiver

Post by ClaretDiver » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:36 pm

Also this...

'Sky Sports Crowds
Sky Sports – in association with EA SPORTS FIFA created bespoke and team-specific crowd noise and chants to replicate the vibrant atmosphere of Premier League clashes, so fans don’t miss out on the noise that goes with the action. Viewers can select the Sky channel to watch with the added sound or without it.

Sky Sports Recap
Catch up on all the key highlights during live matches in a short burst, putting an end to that fear of missing out throughout a packed weekend of football. Each game will have a live timeline enabling viewers to quickly catch up on the highlights at any point during the match – even if they have not watched it from the beginning.
'

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:50 pm

Can't wait for all this to get going again.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4142 times
Has Liked: 3605 times

Post by DCWat » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:59 pm

ClaretDiver wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:36 pm
Also this...

'Sky Sports Crowds
Sky Sports – in association with EA SPORTS FIFA created bespoke and team-specific crowd noise and chants to replicate the vibrant atmosphere of Premier League clashes, so fans don’t miss out on the noise that goes with the action. Viewers can select the Sky channel to watch with the added sound or without it.

Sky Sports Recap
Catch up on all the key highlights during live matches in a short burst, putting an end to that fear of missing out throughout a packed weekend of football. Each game will have a live timeline enabling viewers to quickly catch up on the highlights at any point during the match – even if they have not watched it from the beginning.
'
It won’t be realistic unless they include chants about the referee or the opposition but I can’t imagine them using some of the stronger language.

It’ll be better than nothing I suspect.

Without the crowd noise on, I reckon the swearing from the players could be pretty obvious. Hopefully one warning before a match rather than the usual in game apology from SKY.

ClaretDiver

Post by ClaretDiver » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:00 pm

DCWat wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:59 pm
It won’t be realistic unless they include chants about the referee or the opposition but I can’t imagine them using some of the stronger language.

It’ll be better than nothing I suspect.

Without the crowd noise on, I reckon the swearing from the players could be pretty obvious. Hopefully one warning before a match rather than the usual in game apology from SKY.
Yeah fair call on the swearing DCWat....

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 977 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:15 pm

It will be interesting to watch without fans present in a somewhat sterile atmosphere.

When it comes to the cricket I am just wondering which commentators get to commentate on Test matches behind closed doors. Many, especially Bumble, spend 50% of the time talking about or pointing out something that is going on in the crowd.

John Arlott would have been at a complete loss. :lol:

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1041 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by MrTopTier » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:38 pm

The info below is taken from the clubs main site for those who want to be more interactive full link here https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/new ... r-support/
Club News
FAN WALL | Show Your Support
13 June 2020

The countdown is on for the return of Premier League football for the Clarets and you can still be an integral part of matchdays, even from home!

Premier League’s broadcast partners are planning to create a ‘fan wall’ to be used as part of the broadcast for each home and away fixture.

We are looking for 24 fans from around the world to watch the Clarets in action from home and show their support on video. If you’d like to be involved here’s what you need to do:

You will need an internet connection with a device that supports Google Chrome.
Your device needs a working camera and headphones linked to the device.
You will be asked to sign a consent form and code of conduct before joining a stream of the match.
You will be required to access the stream 60 minutes prior to kick off and stay on for the duration of the game.
If you’d like to take part please use the form below, and if you are chosen, a member of club staff will be in touch next week to provide more details.