Injuries hit Clarets for opener

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1239 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Re: Injuries hit Clarets for opener

Post by Hibsclaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:24 pm

There’s no smoke without fire...very worrying tbh.

The virus has definitely put us on the back foot here and, perhaps as we always knew, a club our size needs to have everything going in the right direction for us to make the strides forward that we have over the last few years...

It could actually turn out that the virus has sealed the deal towards the next chapter of the club post Dyche...I suspect that the next incumbent will be more than hard pushed to lead the club to the level of success and growth that Dyche has managed....we always knew that too deep down and in fact it would be nigh on impossible tbh.

On the other hand he may be taking inspiration from the Michael Jordan series where the club remains successful despite frostiness between the Board and team management......let’s hope he can stay for a few years like this :)

The other issue of course is that he may have evaluated the need to be closer to his family as the last few months have shown most of us how important that is...the prospect of spending many hours away from them on the M6, particularly when he has to perform magic continuously with a hand tied behind his back, may not appeal as much any more....
Last edited by Hibsclaret on Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zom Zom
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Post by Zom Zom » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:26 pm

We laugh in the face of adversity.
We twist the nipples of uncertainty.
We come through with flying colours when we are expected to fold.
We are unique.
We are Burnley Football Club.

Chin up.
Chest out.

And I don't believe other clubs will be the manager magnet some of us fear. Job for life at Burnley. No instant success, out on his ear.

He may take the plunge, but I am sure he will think long and hard about things.

bodge
Been Liked: 729 times
Has Liked: 475 times

Post by bodge » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:32 pm

SD is no doubt also very concerned about how many players we will be targeting and the finance that will be available.

He has kept a lid on his obvious frustration with our risk averse strategy on a few previous occasions, not getting players in for a full pre season for example. This current crisis will only make things worse in this regard.

Ultimately the deciding factor may well be his own judgement call as to whether he can keep us up next season given the constraints he'll have to work under.

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1739 times
Has Liked: 271 times

Post by agreenwood » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:41 pm

It sounds like this summer might be ideal timing for him to go.

Leave after keeping us up and before the inevitable further belt tightening hits his plans. Take a break for a few months and then step in at the next mid-tier Prem club to punt their manager.

Tough job for the next man in though.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 580 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:58 pm

There has to be somewhere for the manager to 'move on' to. I certainly wouldn't want to be moving jobs at this current moment in time, regardless of how much I had a bee in my bonnet with my boss.

It'll be reyt.

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3595 times
Has Liked: 1028 times

Post by jedi_master » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:59 pm

Very concerning to read.

Frankly any player leaving wouldn't concern me, as we have shown we replace them well. Sean leaving is another story entirely.

Safron
Been Liked: 226 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Safron » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:04 pm

Surely must be time to get brownhill bedded in,if he was seen as Hendricks replacement anyway,it's a no brainer,there will be no pressure on the lad,with no crowds GET HIM IN,and let's see what he can do utc

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2757 times
Has Liked: 4324 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:09 pm

Looking at who's available as we speak,and pending change on the contractual front, Brownhill looks a certain starter

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:15 pm

Problem maybe not only losing Dyche but many backroom staff may want to go with him not to mention some players

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:22 pm

I’m thinking some may have heard similar speculation to me in regards to SD. He’s known to be close to TH from his time here, and I would think that the inside track on Villa has already been conveyed to SD.

It’s by no means certain, what is in football, but it is concerning.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:26 pm

Every summer there’s the odd dig in there somewhere but this time he really isn’t holding back. Can’t imagine the prospect of trying to get the club to replace these players is exciting him very much :shock:

cblantfanclub
Been Liked: 118 times
Has Liked: 306 times

Post by cblantfanclub » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:29 pm

" I think it is very concerning and I think it will lead to the manager moving on"

Never known you be quite so direct Tony can't help but feel you are preparing us for the worst.
These 3 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie k90bfc longsidepies

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3153 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:41 pm

The press have not been slow to pick up on it - from the Daily Telegraph

Sean Dyche critical of Burnley for not resolving contract uncertainty
Mike McGrath June 18, 2020

Sean Dyche has criticised Burnley for running down contracts and leaving him with a selection crisis for Project Restart.

Dyche has five players with expiring deals and no agreement to play beyond June 30, with injuries to Ashley Barnes and Chris Wood and Johann Berg Gudmundsson adding to his problems.

The Clarets manager revealed he previously warned his club about the risk of failing to agree new contracts with Aaron Lennon, Phil Bardsley and Jeff Hendrick, while goalkeepers Joe Hart and Adam Legzdins are also free to leave at the end of the month.

"Nothing has been agreed, I am waiting for that situation to be taken care of,” Dyche said. "I advised many months ago, before Covid, what situations I felt were important. The club are not always thirsty to move things forward quickly so we have had to wait.

"As we have done in the past here we have let contracts run a long way down unfortunately. It is the price you pay if you do that and situations occur. No-one saw this situation coming, that is quite obvious.

"We have got to be hopeful that the players see that they can do their extra month because at the moment that is all the chairman has allowed.
"I think there is a reality to the club that we have often let contracts go a long time and I suggested 12-18 months ago what would be occurring. I obviously didn't know about Covid but I felt these situations needed to be affected and they haven't been.”

Dyche has not put a timescale on injuries to Barnes, Wood and Gudmundsson, leaving him running out of options ahead of Monday’s clash against Manchester City.

"We got the nine subs but we have four or five contract situations and we are not certain what is going to happen with those,” he said. “It could be literally one game at a time because we still don't know what is going to happen with those situations. It would be helpful if the chairman could give me some clarity on that situation.”

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:45 pm

The press conference itself - though this seems short to claim it is the full presser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KQIYgsu5s0

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1696 times
Has Liked: 789 times

Post by warksclaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:48 pm

Interestingly SD says he is looking for a "bit of goodwill" from some of the players involved in extending contracts short term.I believe a bit of SD psychology here. For me the main one is Hendricks-I am a fan of his. However knowing how close this squad is, if SD has not got a feeling on whether Jeff is going to help us out, then I agree, Josh Brownhill needs to be given a chance. Loyalty works both ways and SD has been immensely supportive of Jeff. He came straight into the team and been involved in the first team ever since. He is also very free of injuries

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1739 times
Has Liked: 271 times

Post by agreenwood » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:10 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:58 pm
There has to be somewhere for the manager to 'move on' to. I certainly wouldn't want to be moving jobs at this current moment in time, regardless of how much I had a bee in my bonnet with my boss.

It'll be reyt.
He can no doubt afford a stint without a job and sticking at BFC with a smaller budget than this year might do his stock more harm than good.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1882 times
Has Liked: 840 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:23 pm

agreenwood wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:10 pm
He can no doubt afford a stint without a job and sticking at BFC with a smaller budget than this year might do his stock more harm than good.
If any of this is true you’d imagine he has already been sounded out by another club over the past couple of months.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:24 pm

Thank goodness we are safe, our penny pinching approach could have cost us dearly.

Sean Dyche must be sick of working miracles now, with what seems very little forward planning and several mediocre transfer windows in a row where the first 11 hasnt been improved.

Think many will know my opinions on Mr Garlick, and it's not changed for many a year.
Just because we have a manager working miracles doesnt mask the chairmans failings.

But season tickets are frozen so all is good

summitclaret
Been Liked: 833 times
Has Liked: 1324 times

Post by summitclaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:26 pm

agreenwood wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:10 pm
Can't see that. We aren't going to sack him and he has a contract to keep to. If he does we are getting £10m or whatever is in his contact as compo. Now if Palace have that plus another £80m for Tarks and Dwight, then good luck to them.

I think the Board are playing for time and hoping for a successful vaccine asap. I'd make a realistic offer the Hendrick, i.e on less than he is on now and try to get the rest to sign up to the rest of this season. We can't carry the current wage bill unless we can be pretty sure that next year's income is there.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:31 pm

MACCA wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:24 pm
Thank goodness we are safe, our penny pinching approach could have cost us dearly.

Sean Dyche must be sick of working miracles now, with what seems very little forward planning and several mediocre transfer windows in a row where the first 11 hasnt been improved.

Think many will know my opinions on Mr Garlick, and it's not changed for many a year.
Just because we have a manager working miracles doesnt mask the chairmans failings.

Worked miracles? He’s evidently built a capable mid table top flight team. Let’s not rewrite history and pretend he hasn’t been backed at all along the way.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:36 pm

MACCA wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:24 pm

Maybe Garlick is thinking ahead, which is why he isn't keen on giving out another big contract to a bang average right back who turns 35 soon? Obviously this is pure speculation, just putting forward a different viewpoint.

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 186 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:36 pm

The real worry is that the tone of his remarks and very public lambasting of the Board sounds like a come and get me plea to other clubs.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:37 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:31 pm
Worked miracles? He’s evidently built a capable mid table top flight team. Let’s not rewrite history and pretend he hasn’t been backed at all along the way.

What's his net spend?
He's got us promoted TWICE
Made us absolutely millions in doing so
And finally like you said built us unto a solid mid table side, with players representing England and the most expensive squad we have ever had. We've broke our transfer record sale from players he's signed for peanuts and sold for millions more.

I'd say he's worked miracles considering Mike Garlick is the chairmen.
Tighter than cramp that man.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:38 pm

Take it you know Garlick on a personal level?

bodge
Been Liked: 729 times
Has Liked: 475 times

Post by bodge » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:40 pm

The club are putting his presser on at 8, so available on you tube.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:42 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:36 pm
Maybe Garlick is thinking ahead, which is why he isn't keen on giving out another big contract to a bang average right back who turns 35 soon? Obviously this is pure speculation, just putting forward a different viewpoint.
I'm sure it isnt just Bardsley, but Mr Dyche highlighted 18 months ago the pending issues.

That to me says we've been failing in the transfer window for a little too long and SD, like most of us could see we needed to forward plan and get the next Tarky, Pope, Wood etc in ready to step in.
Obvious to many even "the championship manager fans" we couldn't keep getting cheap ageing stop gaps with no resale value.

Now we are left with a massive rebuilding job in the next 6 months and very little money to do it.

How many times have we landed SD number 1 target?

He's been saying for a while we need to be braver, we need to progress, we need to believe we deserve to be in this league.

The chairman sucks all hope of a decent window long before it even arrives.
Last edited by MACCA on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1695 times
Has Liked: 2531 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:42 pm

So he's off then. What are the bookies saying about his replacement? Do you think Peter Reid's in the running?

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2540 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:44 pm

Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:38 pm
Take it you know Garlick on a personal level?
Well he knows the majority of teachers on a personal level, so it wouldn't be beyond possibility.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:49 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:44 pm
Well he knows the majority of teachers on a personal level, so it wouldn't be beyond possibility.
Do I?
That's s new 1.

You dont need to know any on a personal level to come to the conclusion some are work shy, lazy, selfish folk who will do anything for an easier ride and work less.
The covid crisis highlights that.

They complain more and work less than me them teachers!
Last edited by MACCA on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SGr

Post by SGr » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:50 pm

Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:31 pm
Let’s not rewrite history and pretend he hasn’t been backed at all along the way.
Well I highly doubt he’s making this current contract situation up.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:59 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:45 pm
The press conference itself - though this seems short to claim it is the full presser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KQIYgsu5s0

this is much longer - 21 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68scaltpizk

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 2048 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:00 pm

Hope that the board have been carrying out some work to get a replacement in asap if he does leave in the summer. Wonder who is on their shortlist?

They'll have big shoes to fill

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5073 times
Has Liked: 6849 times

Post by bfcjg » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:02 pm

Spewer if Dyche leaves now with the world in turmoil, he was always going to go at some time another year would be ideal when perhaps Duff or Barton had more experience but that's life.
I dont think the directors are deliberately being awkward they are obliged to run the club so it remains solvent and I want it there for my grandchildren.
These 2 users liked this post: summitclaret Stayingup

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2757 times
Has Liked: 4324 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:03 pm

Mr Garlick would have some explaining to do if SD does walk away

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10237 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:07 pm

MACCA wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:49 pm
Do I?
That's s new 1.

You dont need to know any on a personal level to come to the conclusion some are work shy, lazy, selfish folk who will do anything for an easier ride and work less.
The covid crisis highlights that.

They complain more and work less than me them teachers!

Thank God you said some. :o

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:08 pm

SGr wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:50 pm
Well I highly doubt he’s making this current contract situation up.
I’m not just questioning the miracle part. Plenty of big signings and contracts for us along the way. Plus he’s hardly being paid peanuts himself.

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:10 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:45 pm
I think it is very concerning and I think it will lead to the manager moving on
Dyche doesn’t have a sentimental link to Burnley he is a purely pragmatic professional, he would have left already if football wasn’t obsessed with the romance of the Marco Silva, Mikel Arteta and the relentlessly ridiculous Mourinho.
His bread has been best buttered by Burnley.
My bet is you may be right, but he may never find the autonomy that he has had and the relatively low pressure from realistic expectations.
Won’t get a big 6
Might get Everton, West Ham if they’re desperate he’ll have 6 months top to get them top 6
Why go Crystal Palace Watford etc
Woves Sheff U????
But like leaving a dependable wife for a bit of Totty rarely goes well
He’s the best man for us
But when he wants away, then that’s that
He’s no longer the best man
This user liked this post: bfcjg

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10237 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:11 pm

From a discussion regarding a few injuries and only one of them potentially damaging, we seem to have descended into a collective frame of mind that Dyche is definitely going as are five key players. There's no evidence of the former and only Hendrick can be regarded as being anywhere near key .
This user liked this post: DCWat

SGr

Post by SGr » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:12 pm

Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:08 pm
I’m not just questioning the miracle part. Plenty of big signings and contracts for us along the way. Plus he’s hardly being paid peanuts himself.
You don’t make big signings or contracts without Premier League football. Dyche achieved promotion with a team fourth favourites for relegation and a zero summer transfer budget.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:12 pm

MACCA wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:37 pm
What's his net spend?
He's got us promoted TWICE
Made us absolutely millions in doing so
And finally like you said built us unto a solid mid table side, with players representing England and the most expensive squad we have ever had. We've broke our transfer record sale from players he's signed for peanuts and sold for millions more.

I'd say he's worked miracles considering Mike Garlick is the chairmen.
Tighter than cramp that man.
Hi MACCA, I'm guessing when you say "made us absolutely millions..." that you mean that the club have received millions in tv money... and then spent (almost) all of it on player wages.

It's a "tough gig" running a football club. In a game where money is "everything that buys success" it's always going to tough for Burnley.

The papers today are reporting Saudis might not get approval to buy Newcastle, though they may have another offer waiting in the wings. Do you think Mike Garlick should be giving someone a call, cash in on our "most expensive squad" and give someone else the opportunity to "keep Sean Dyche on side?"

UTC

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Post by NewClaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:13 pm

MACCA wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:42 pm
I'm sure it isnt just Bardsley, but Mr Dyche highlighted 18 months ago the pending issues.

That to me says we've been failing in the transfer window for a little too long and SD, like most of us could see we needed to forward plan and get the next Tarky, Pope, Wood etc in ready to step in.
Obvious to many even "the championship manager fans" we couldn't keep getting cheap ageing stop gaps with no resale value.

Now we are left with a massive rebuilding job in the next 6 months and very little money to do it.

How many times have we landed SD number 1 target?

He's been saying for a while we need to be braver, we need to progress, we need to believe we deserve to be in this league.

The chairman sucks all hope of a decent window long before it even arrives.
Totally agree Macca.

For a while I’ve thought (hoped) Sean’s digs at Garlick were a media play, good cop/bad cop routine. It is clever, if it were, because the players are left feeling the manager’s on their side and he’s fighting for them. But ClaretTony is clearly connected, so it can’t be that :( :(

I like the club to be well run, have liquidity, and be capable of surviving relegation if we have a bad season, but frankly £40m cash in the bank is worth **** all if we have no players to finish the season. Covid was unexpected, but as Dyche points out, that’s no excuse for forward planning.

It’s so ****ing annoying that in the dawn of a period where we should be pushing on to try and secure a European spot, we are discussing if we’ll have enough players to finish the season (or the same manager next year). Seems terrible leadership by Garlick on the face of it.

With no debt and some cash, we should be showing some ambition to make the Premier League where we belong. I can’t see the nervousness about spending on talent - if you have good players and you go down, other clubs will be only too willing to buy them off you. If you have bang average players, you’re stuck. Plus, if you want to protect the club for the future, the best way is to remain in the prem.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:19 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:07 pm
Thank God you said some. :o
Every time I post I get 3 or 4 nautifications/quotes, i imagine if I have put all, the keep net would have burst at the seam.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:26 pm

‘...It would be helpful if the chairman could give me some clarity on that situation...’

For Sean to speak publically in this way is very alarming and worrying in equal measure! :(

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6362 times
Has Liked: 8705 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:28 pm

The crisis is that, for the first time, Mr Dyche is clearly annoyed at, what looks like, inept contract dealing by the Board and its officers. Poor start for the CEO!

I would say that all the speculation over Mr D which we happily poo pooed, is now centre stage.

Don't blow it Mr Garlick....you would undo every good work you have done, in one 'inaction'.

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:36 pm

Worrying times in so far as the Chairman is not as close to Sean as we perhaps thought.
I had always imagined they had a really good working relationship but it appears Sean is being kept in the dark somewhat with respect to the Chaiman's thinking on the subject of contract extensions etc.
I dont think Dyche is the sort of guy who will stay around much longer if this carries on.Will be a very sad day when he does go as he has worked miracles for the club in all areas.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:40 pm

The Enclosure wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:36 pm
Worrying times in so far as the Chairman is not as close to Sean as we perhaps thought.
I had always imagined they had a really good working relationship but it appears Sean is being kept in the dark somewhat with respect to the Chaiman's thinking on the subject of contract extensions etc.
I dont think Dyche is the sort of guy who will stay around much longer if this carries on.Will be a very sad day when he does go as he has worked miracles for the club in all areas.

Can you elaborate on what miracles please, let's not pretend we've won the premier league and a cup competition whilst he has been here.

Just for those struggling to grasp the job he's done here, and what club was like when he arrived to where it is now.

matttheclaret
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by matttheclaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:54 pm

MACCA wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:40 pm
Can you elaborate on what miracles please, let's not pretend we've won the premier league and a cup competition whilst he has been here.

Just for those struggling to grasp the job he's done here, and what club was like when he arrived to where it is now.
Miracles? Perhaps not. But he's achieved far beyond what anyone could have dared hope in the 7 and a 1/2 years he's been here. Two automatic promotions, soon to be five straight seasons in the PL, whilst regularly selling important players such as Austin, Ings, Trippier, Keane, Gray to name a few.

Be very sad when he does move on, I certainly hope it isn't this summer.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:55 pm

MACCA wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:40 pm

You’ve posted what a penny pinching chairman we have and that is why Dyche has worked ‘a miracle’ while failing to acknowledge any of the backing he has received over his time here. Did the players he signed come and play for free? Do his coaching staff work on a voluntary basis? Did Dyche pay for the new state of the art training ground?

You’ve obviously got a beef with Garlick for whatever reason but a bit of acknowledgment for the boards contribution wouldn’t go amiss. I’d imagine a lot of clubs would gladly swap their chairmen and directors with ours.

If the relationship has soured then it will be a sad ending to Dyche’s journey with us.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:53 pm
Do you think we can arrange for Marcus Rashford to advise the board? :(
Or better still play for us.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:11 pm

Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:55 pm
You’ve posted what a penny pinching chairman we have and that is why Dyche has worked ‘a miracle’ while failing to acknowledge any of the backing he has received over his time here. Did the players he signed come and play for free? Do his coaching staff work on a voluntary basis? Did Dyche pay for the new state of the art training ground?

You’ve obviously got a beef with Garlick for whatever reason but a bit of acknowledgment for the boards contribution wouldn’t go amiss. I’d imagine a lot of clubs would gladly swap their chairmen and directors with ours.

If the relationship has soured then it will be a sad ending to Dyche’s journey with us.
Sorry I'm a bit busy here juggling 2 threads and it's nearly bed time, I'll try and drop another couple and check my haul in the morning.