Players contracts

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Burnley87
Been Liked: 116 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Players contracts

Post by Burnley87 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:37 am

Lowton 1 year Left
Tarky 2 years Left (So prob his best valuation point now)
Jack Cork 1 Year Left
Ashley Westwood 1 year left
Robbie Brady 1 year left
Johan Berg Gudmunson 1 year left
Kevin Long 1 year left
Jeff Hendrick 0 years
Arron Lennon 0 years
Phil Bardsley 0 years
Joe Hart 0 years
Ben Gibson Prob will have to leave

Half the squad currently won’t be here in a years time (Tarky will have to go if he won’t sign another contract next year at the latest)

If they don’t sort this out they are looking near 70 million in fees To cover all 11 positions in the Squad

It’s not surprising Sean is looking a potential hole in the ship and thinking this actually could sink it

Burnley87

Re: Players contracts

Post by Burnley87 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:43 am

The only way I see out of this problem is by selling Tarky and Ben Gibson this summer and trying to Raise 50 million to splurge on sorting the squad numbers

jojomk1
Been Liked: 842 times
Has Liked: 577 times

Post by jojomk1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:49 am

Taking into account their ages, most on this list most won't last more than another year at this level anyway
A lack of suitable investment over the last few years has put us in this position
Our substitute bench shows little forward thinking
These 2 users liked this post: Right_winger Blackrod

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1739 times
Has Liked: 271 times

Post by agreenwood » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:54 am

Can’t quite fathom what we’re doing.

If Dyche is to be believed, he’s not clear if we’ve offered short extensions to the players out of contract in 11 days. That’d mean we’re potentially losing our first choice right hand side (Bardsley & Hendrick) whilst trying to complete a season with an already small squad attempting to play games every 4 days.
Last edited by agreenwood on Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:05 am

Many have been saying the next window is a big one, the next window is where we need to buy for the future etc for the last couple of windows at very least

It's been a long time since we last had a window that could be described as a good one, who's the last genuine first team player we bought?

You can't continue to buy ageing players on the cheap, as a stop gap, there has to be a longer term plan.
The plan is obviously staying in the premier league each season, but there must always be a long term plan too.
We were told regards players, we have the now, the near future and the young prospect all there at any given time for every position for any eventuality.
I haven't seen much evidence of that in the last few windows.

If many on here could see what was going to eventuality happen, then I'm certain Sean Dyche could.

I just pray we can hang on to him for just 1 more season and he oversees the changing of the guard if you will, and beds in the next batch of core players before leaving.

Just to add, I also think the players leaving wont really be missed or cant be easily replaced with similar quality on similar terms.
Jeff would have been our 3rd CM and 4th winger but for injuries, so to commit to 50k a week for 3 or 4 years on a utility player isnt wise IMO.

If Brownhill is Jeff's replacement, then we are a winger off being being back to full strength and with the wages of Jeff and Lennon saved, I'd say we should easily be able to find an adequate winger.
Last edited by MACCA on Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

jojomk1

Post by jojomk1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:44 am

agreenwood wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:54 am
Can’t quite fathom what we’re doing.

If Dyche is to be believed, we’ve not even offered short extensions to the players out of contract in 11 days. That’d mean we’re potentially losing our first choice right hand side (Bardsley & Hendrick) whilst trying to complete a season with an already small squad attempting to play games every 4 days.
TalkSport Breakfast Show quoting Dyche as saying he could be without 5 squad players at the end of this month
Not sure whether we have offered just extensions to players such as Bardsley, Lennon, Hart and Legzdins but maybe their agents are playing hardball and insisting on an offer of an extra year as well as these short term extensions (can't blame them for taking this stance).
If the club are not prepared to do so (not disagreeing with that scenario) I would hope our recruitment team have already identified replacements for all and at a lower age with higher potential
In which case, I would support the club.
Hendrick is a different matter. He has shown no appetite to accept the current offer of a new contract and, therefore, I would rather we gave Brownhill a chance to prove his worth
Our current league position means we are pretty much safe for next season so we don't have to bow to demands from players/agents for all ooc situations

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:36 am

Burnley87 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:43 am
The only way I see out of this problem is by selling Tarky and Ben Gibson this summer and trying to Raise 50 million to splurge on sorting the squad numbers
This is the best that I could come up with, but I had about eight players for each position on my short list. The transfer amounts are purely my own guess work, so they could be miles out. I was aiming for a zero sum transfer window, which would leave us with cash in the bank to cover future changes.

If Hendrick Stays

Sell

Gibson - ( 10 - 15m ) No idea what happened, but it looks like he is off
Vydra - ( 8 - 12m ) Shown he can play, deserves regular game time

Buy

Scott McKenna - CBL ( 6 - 8m )
Sam Cosgrove - STR ( 2 - 4 m )
Angelo Fulgini - RM / CM ( 4 - 8m )
Anthony Caci - LB / RB / CB ( 4 - 8m )

Taking into account his ability to play with either foot, his ball progression stats, his excellent passing game and his reasonable quick feet I think Caci could also be developed to play LM / RM as well.

Income = 18m - 27m
Expenditure = 16m - 28m ( plus signing fees )

If Hendrick leaves on a free transfer

Sell

Brady ( 6 - 10m )

Sign

Kevin Stoger ( Free Transfer )

Income = 24m - 37m
Expenditure = 16m - 28m ( plus signing fees )

Alternatively Midfield Options

Viktor Kovalenko - CM / AM ( Free Transfer )
Niklas Dorsch - DM ( 3m Buyout clause )
Ben Whiteman - DM / CM ( 1 - 3m )
Juninho Bacuna - CM / RM ( 6 - 12m )

Youngsters - Out of Contract

Some might have signed new deals since I last checked. Not everyone waits until the window opens to do their business.

Luke Woolfenden - CB
Robbie McKenzie - CB ( maybe )

Demetri Mitchell - LB ( Man Utd have a 1 year option )
Callum Brittain - RB

Matt O'Riley - CM
Andre Dozzell - CM

Isaac Lihadji - RW
Moussa Sylla - STR / RW
Danny Loader - STR

Goalkeeper

I think BPF will need more time, unless he has made huge improvements in a short time, so we could need a 2nd keeper if Hart leaves us. I would have split the pack by saying Loris Karius, but he won't come here and play back up to Pope ( shame really, it would probably benefit him in the long run ).

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:43 am

Is that you Mr Rigg ?
These 2 users liked this post: TVC15 Pimlico_Claret

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2334 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:40 am

I find it very interesting that on the other thread comments on there from respected posters had been deleted and now the entire thread has been deleted. Something feels very wrong.

jojomk1

Post by jojomk1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:52 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:40 am
I find it very interesting that on the other thread comments on there from respected posters had been deleted and now the entire thread has been deleted. Something feels very wrong.
Seemed to be mainly about "points of difference" between the manager and chairman

Maybe one or other (or both) did not like what was being said

Can't see a valid reason for mods to delete the topic without instructions from people on high

Burnley87

Post by Burnley87 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:57 am

This summer should be seen as a buyers market.

A financial hole many times bigger than than the premier league has appeared in the EFL

If MG isn’t looking at this and thinking this could be the best possible time to recruit in the clubs history then I actually don’t see us spending major money.

They should be looking at this in a positive manner not negative

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:55 pm

Burnley87 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:57 am
This summer should be seen as a buyers market.

A financial hole many times bigger than than the premier league has appeared in the EFL

If MG isn’t looking at this and thinking this could be the best possible time to recruit in the clubs history then I actually don’t see us spending major money.

They should be looking at this in a positive manner not negative
Totally agree we should be exploring EFL signings, especially if we can pick up a few bargains, but is that decision all on MG, or is it also directed from SD, we know Sean prefers experienced hands over youth in the main, and it's served us well up to now, but our squad is in danger of passing it's peak without major investment and an injection of youth, Brownhill's a good start, but we need more in that vein.

EarbyClaret
Been Liked: 499 times

Post by EarbyClaret » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:56 pm

I tend to agree with Burnley87 on this - many people's views seem to reflect a situation solely applicable to us - which is not the case

If you look at the market we usually shop in - and assuming we've done our usual homework in that area - then we are well placed to acquire good quality Championship players to replace those who will/may leave

We will have less to spend relative to previous years but at the same time selling clubs will not be in a position to over-inflate fees as they were in the past - Hendrick from Derby springs to mind. We paid the market rate and he was a good signing but those days are gone

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:59 pm

The thread on Garlick v Sean has merely been merged with the topic on players inuries-it has not been deleted

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2334 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:07 pm

My apologies mdd.