Aaron Lennon to leave

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32369 times
Has Liked: 5267 times

Re: Aaron Lennon to leave

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:24 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:10 am
The young lads who've been out on loan aren't allowed to play are they? Sure I read that somewhere.
No, they can't play which rules out Glennon, Benson, Phillips, Cooney, Cropper, N'Guessan, Harker, Wilson & Bayode.

But anyone thinking we could go down is surely worrying over nothing but I am now becoming more and more sure that this is not a happy club anymore.

Won't start a new thread, but short piece now on site at
https://www.uptheclarets.com/lennon-set ... he-clarets
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:24 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:31 am
Luckily we are safe. So I’d like to see one or two youngsters blood. You never know if they don’t get the chance...

Koki and benson being a couple i would like to see more of.

But it’s important to have as much form and momentum as possible before we get to the transfer window and next season.
Doesnt Benson’s loan deal rule him out also doesnt Kokli run out at end of June

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:26 am

paulatky wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:24 am
Doesnt Benson’s loan deal rule him out also doesnt Kokli run out at end of June
Yes, we posted about the same time

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2349 times
Has Liked: 3177 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:28 am

Aaron Lennon has been a good member of our squad. The way I see it, he's 33, his contract ends on 30-June, but because of covid-19 we have 6 games to play between 5th and 26th July. How much would we have to pay him to stay for one extra month? Maybe it would be same as existing wage if we had 4 games to play in 30 days, but, 6 in 22 days means there's got to be a bigger risk of injury. An ooc footballer has to think of next season, especially a player in the last seasons of his career.

Good luck, Aaron.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:36 am

NewClaret wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:12 am
Good point.

If you haven’t got anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
Exactly this.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:36 am

ClaretTony wrote:
No, they can't play which rules out Glennon, Benson, Phillips, Cooney, Cropper, N'Guessan, Harker, Wilson & Bayode.

But anyone thinking we could go down is surely worrying over nothing but I am now becoming more and more sure that this is not a happy club anymore.

Our bench could look interesting for the last few games then!

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:39 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:36 am
Our bench could look interesting for the last few games then!
No wonder Dyche said he wasn't in favour of increasing the numbers on the bench or substitutions

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1995 times
Has Liked: 1141 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:05 am

ClaretTony wrote:

Very strong words to say we are not a happy club anymore. Care to offer any proof. ?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:09 am

FCBurnley wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:05 am
Care to offer any proof. ?
Proof? It's an opinion.

COBBLE
Been Liked: 350 times
Has Liked: 472 times

Post by COBBLE » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:10 am

Good luck Aaron. Thanks for giving all and I wish you one last period of success and happiness as a consequence of getting regular game time.

A football player's life is short and invariably ends not as the player believes it should. Our club cannot carry any passengers and has to bring in and or blood younger talent. This just seems like business as usual and a club managing its business correctly.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:22 am

ClaretTony wrote:

That's a hat trick of comments from CT, which now makes me worry quite a bit as to what on earth is and has gone wrong. I'm ready for the whole thing to implode any time soon.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3084 times
Has Liked: 3804 times

Post by NewClaret » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:36 am

ewanrob wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:22 am
That's a hat trick of comments from CT, which now makes me worry quite a bit as to what on earth is and has gone wrong. I'm ready for the whole thing to implode any time soon.
Yep. Not what I was hoping for on the eve of the restart. Worrying times indeed.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1995 times
Has Liked: 1141 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:37 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:09 am
Proof? It's an opinion.
You need reasons/proof to form an opinion

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:41 am

FCBurnley wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:37 am
Proof to form an opinion? Oh dear. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

matttheclaret
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by matttheclaret » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:44 am

FCBurnley wrote:
If you read Sean Dyches words in the last week, you don't need to make a massive step to reach the conclusion that things between the manager and chairman appear very strained at the moment.
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

ewanrob

Post by ewanrob » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:44 am

Have to say, it slightly irks me when these cluster bomb comments are dropped in...CT and others seem to be aware of bad vibes within the club. I'm not saying for one minute they should betray anyones confidence by divulging what has been said, but in saying that...I'd rather they didnt keep dropping in these type of remarks.
These 2 users liked this post: Longsider Zlatan

claretdj
Been Liked: 284 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by claretdj » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:48 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:39 am
No wonder Dyche said he wasn't in favour of increasing the numbers on the bench or substitutions
I see it as a perfectly good time to blood some of our youngsters into the 1st team squad.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:50 am

claretdj wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:48 am
I see it as a perfectly good time to blood some of our youngsters into the 1st team squad.
Looks as though we will have no option

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:51 am

ewanrob wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:44 am
Have to say, it slightly irks me when these cluster bomb comments are dropped in...CT and others seem to be aware of bad vibes within the club. I'm not saying for one minute they should betray anyones confidence by divulging what has been said, but in saying that...I'd rather they didnt keep dropping in these type of remarks.
It's an opinion - bloody hell, it's been obvious to everyone for some time that all is not right between manager and chairman and clearly, given this week's comments we have seen things get even worse.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2540 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:54 am

I’ve liked Lennon, he’s not had as much of an impact as we’d have wanted but he’s always seemed a really good lad. Time to move on, yes probably, but we really could have done with him for these last few games.

Did I read somewhere that the deadline for agreeing an extension with Bardsley and Hendrick is this Tuesday? That doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen either. Going to be a tough ride for us.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:55 am

FCBurnley wrote:
You don't need proof. That's why it's an opinion. With proof it would become a fact.

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:57 am

Not surprised by this. Sean hinted along those lines in his recent press conference.

If a player has been offered a new contract that doesn't match their expectations, or they haven't been offered a new contract and the prospect of being offered one looks unlikely, it is asking a lot of them to see out the season.

It's a bit like someone asking to shake your hand after they have just slapped you into the face. Even if the parting is entirely amicable why should they jeopardise the chance of a good move by exposing themselves to injury over the next few matches ?

This situation isn't a product that is restricted to the Coronavirus. That is simply a very unfortunate embellishment. Take that out of the equation and we would still have had players leaving that Sean might have wanted to keep in the squad.

The bigger issue is that whoever is responsible for our recruitment strategy is in essence picking our squad. If our recruitment, which includes extending contracts, fails to secure the services of players the gaffer wants and lumbers him with players he doesn't want ( or nobody if he refuses to sign off on new players ) his team is being picked for him by someone else.

Sean can only pick a team from the players that are available to him. Likewise, if we sign a bunch of players suited to playing in formations other than the one he wants to play, he will have his tactics decided for him as well.

That prognosis reminds me of West Ham signing Sebastien Haller for £40m on the basis of the very impressive stats he posted at Frankfurt. Those stats came about because he was playing in a 3-4-1-2 formation with players like Jovic making up for his lack of movement. West Ham played him on his own up front, were his lack of movement hurt him. To get something out of Haller West Ham have had to play Antonio off to his left and spend another £20m bringing in Jarrod to play off to his right.

They recruited a player who was good for the way that Frankfurt played ( who worked well with the players that Frankfurt had ) instead of what West Ham needed. The net result of that very expensive mistake is that their recruitment has had a huge say in their match day squad and tactics. Bringing in a player who could have slotted into a one up front role would have been a lot cheaper and simpler.

The gaffer picks the players in line with how he wants us to play or the players available to the gaffer determine how he has to play them. In a worrying nutshell, Sean directs our recruitment strategy or our recruitment strategy directs Sean.

We don't know if Dyche envisioned keeping Lennon beyond the next nine matches. However, it is a reasonably safe bet that he does want to keep some of the players that we may lose in the next few days or this time next year. I would be very surprised if Lennon is the only player that decides not to play out the remainder of the season for us.

If Hendrick decides to do the same and JBG remains injured we will look very short of options on the wings. Brownhill on the right, Mc Neil on the left with Brady as back up for the pair of them.

I would have given Lennon another year and sold Brady in the next window, simply to prevent us losing him on a free next year. The rumour mill linked us with Samuel Grandsir ( an inverted left winger ) a few weeks ago and I would pick Lennon or Brady over him every day.

Lennon seems to have been happy during the time he has spent with us, so leaving the club must have been a difficult decision for him to make. I'm sad to see him go, but I completely understand his decision. I wish him all the best in his ongoing football career and beyond.

Hopefully, he will still remain engaged with the mental health initiatives that he has been involved with and understand that the relationships he has formed here don't have to end with his departure.
ClaretTony wrote:
I am now becoming more and more sure that this is not a happy club anymore.
I think that is the most worrying opinion I have read in my time on these forums, but I definitely agree with it. I said it awhile ago, something is rotten in the state of Burnley. Our culture appears to be changing and we seem less and less Burnley with each passing calamity. When CT puts down his happy flag and entertains the notion that things don't seem quite right at the club everyone should be worried.

Sorry for posting another small essay, but we are living in interesting times that should promote lots of thoughts and in depth discussions.

ecc
Been Liked: 1407 times
Has Liked: 1278 times

Post by ecc » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:04 pm

Sorry if already mentioned but can Robbie Brady play on the right (yes, I know he's left-footed) but as an inverted winger?

If anyone abuses me I'll report them to the editor.

GDK
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by GDK » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:06 pm

SD is not daft. He knows mouthing off in the media is not going to make MG change his mind on contract negotiations.

These press conference comments seem likely to be a joint decision between chairman and manager to start to prepare us for the inevitable in the close season.

Sadly we can't afford to keep Lennon on his wages for occasional use as an impact sub, and he should move elsewhere to be a regular starter. My thoughts would echo those of most of the Everton fans when we bought him - he seems a decent bloke, he has always worked hard when given the chance and has shown brief glimpses of quality. I hope he settles somewhere and gets some regular games.

ewanrob

Post by ewanrob » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:06 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:51 am
It's an opinion - bloody hell, it's been obvious to everyone for some time that all is not right between manager and chairman and clearly, given this week's comments we have seen things get even worse.
Totally understand you have an opinion nothing wrong with that, and as I said you may be privy to stuff we arent...again that's fine. But what you need to understand, is because of your standing on this board...a lot of people (me included) take your comments as more than just opinions Tony, there appears to be a real "in the know" feel to them.

If I'm wrong, then I apologise.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:09 pm

I liked Lennon as a lad - he has been through tough times but always tried his best and did have some good games for us. He lost his confidence to take on his full back and I think that was partly down to him but also partly down to our style of play. He was also tougher than most people realise and I would not have minded seeing him have a go at wing back.

He would have been on a big wage though signing on a free so I wasn’t for giving him another deal - even if it was another year.

As for the potential issues between Dyche and the board some really daft comments on this thread - if you can’t tell that we have an unhappy manager from the comments in the last few weeks then you are kidding yourself. There’s no reading between the lines or subtle messages - it’s all there in black and white.

Of course there are 2 sides to the story and in these situations you only tend to here the managers - which I think is unhealthy for the club as at some point you want the chairman to share his perspective as it will be natural for a lot of fans to turn their hostility towards their board when they face losing the most successful manager in more than 50 years.

Personally I don’t think it’s looking good for us - not just because of the comments this week. I’ve always said it was inevitable we would be relegated - just like almost every other club does at some point. The one thing that made me optimistic we could last in thIs league longer than I ever expected was Sean Dyche.
I don’t go for this trust the board / look at our last few appointments argument. Dyche is a one off - and we were lucky to get him as with all due respect to the board there is no way they knew or expected him to do what he has done.

Winstonswhite
Been Liked: 608 times
Has Liked: 310 times

Post by Winstonswhite » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:13 pm

Dyche has always moaned about money ever since he started here, which is exactly how it should be. He’s only repeating what a lot of fans have been saying- in fact I don’t think he’s vociferous enough. It’s healthy in any business.

It’s not like he’s going to leave is it? No one higher than us will want him. Well not at the moment anyway.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3084 times
Has Liked: 3804 times

Post by NewClaret » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:14 pm

Long Time Lurker - had a look at that Tete lad last night. You had me at Right-sided Charlie Taylor. Looks quality. Agree he looks a bit rash in the tackle, but so did Wan Bisaka at Palace and he seems to stay on his feet more now. Apparently Lyon want to sell as well. Could be a very good option.

Couldn’t find much on that Caci, but the name sounds good so think we should buy him :lol: :lol:

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:16 pm

Lennon has put in some good performances for us when he has been called upon. However, my lasting picture of Aaaron will be when he lept off the bench and sprinted over to hug Vyds after he scored his wonder goal against Southampton.

That was team spirit, that was stronger together, that was Burnley and that is what we are losing :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6R1oFyJ5Vc at 2:40
This user liked this post: Gordaleman

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:27 pm

I liked Lennon. He might not have set things alight when he was on the field, but at least he always tried. I would rather have kept him than Brady. All Brady ever does is gift the ball to the opposition by trying to be cleverer than he is.

Lennon could be the least of our problems though if Sean is as upset as he appears to be. He could just walk away and who would blame him? These contract problems should have been sorted BEFORE Covid 19.

Must admit, these contract problems have surprised me. Up to this I think the board have been magnificent.

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:30 pm

Surely the fact that both Bardsley and Hendrick haven’t followed suit today is a sign that maybe they might have been offered something more than just a short end of season extension.

SkiptonClaret
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Post by SkiptonClaret » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:41 pm

ClaretTony wrote:

Shame we can’t use this period to have a look at the likes of Glennon and Benson. The rest are nowhere near the first team so not of much relevance to the current situation. Of course we’re not in danger, just a real shame we have virtually no youth.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:43 pm

In the circumstances it's no surprise Aaron's decided to exercise his right not to sign a short-term deal, he needs to look out for his own interests, and if he's not going to stay at Burnley he needs to make that clear to any potential suitors ASAP, so they'll know he's available, i suspect he'll likely end up at Leeds as an experienced squad player, maybe he'll consider taking his coaching badges over the next year or two, as his career winds down.

He's been a model pro, and done everything asked of him by Sean, but he's 33 now, and we need to look at freshening up our squad with younger blood, and if wages are going to be tightened than we need to make tough calls. And offering a 33 year-old a lengthy contract isn't the way to go, i hope that Aaron finds a new home somewhere, but in the present climate that's not guaranteed.

As others have stated the 2 ooc players we really could do with keeping are Bards & Hendrick, but it's looking less likely by the day that either will commit their future to BFC, so we do need to urgently start getting a viable list of targets that will fit into our budget and crucially wage structure.

Thankfully we're safe this season, but next season is looking tougher by the day, and that's if we manage to hold onto SD, i don't think he'll make any rash decisions, but if a PL vacancy occurs in the next few months, he might give it food for thought.

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:48 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:14 pm
Long Time Lurker - had a look at that Tete lad last night. You had me at Right-sided Charlie Taylor. Looks quality. Agree he looks a bit rash in the tackle, but so did Wan Bisaka at Palace and he seems to stay on his feet more now. Apparently Lyon want to sell as well. Could be a very good option.

Couldn’t find much on that Caci, but the name sounds good so think we should buy him :lol: :lol:
https://medium.com/@thomasmillman/one-t ... fcb73b9926

https://fbref.com/en/players/0118c54c/Anthony-Caci

https://www.sofascore.com/player/anthony-caci/846471

I think he is better than Maehle, with more potential, and better suited to the way that we play. He is also two footed, can play on either side of the pitch or in central defence. Pay attention to his passing stats and his progressive distance stats ( which is the area that Pieters falls short in for us, compared to Taylor, along with his general positioning ).

Pieters is a left back, not a left wing back. Our recruitment team bought a good player, but the wrong type of player for us. That is why our defence had the stopping power of a sieve, and the forward impetus of a limpet down the left side, early in the season.

Compare and contrast the stats for Taylor, Pieters, Bardsley, Lowton and Tete / Caci if you have some spare time.

In terms of a new winger ( which we will probably need in the next window after this news ) look at Angelo Fulgini. His 19/20 stats indicate his performance as a central midfielder and in 18/19 he played mainly as a right winger.

His numbers match Westwood as a central midfielder and eclipse some of our other players as a winger. His progressive distance from dribbling and shot creation are a highlght.

https://fbref.com/en/players/4b96c347/Angelo-Fulgini

It might be better if any thoughts that you might have were put into a new thread instead of clogging up well wishes for Lennon. We could do with a " players we like the look of " or a " Summer Tombola " thread.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1618 times
Has Liked: 890 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:56 pm

He’s been the absolute definition of ‘meh’.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:18 pm

Always comes across as a nice guy, had a fantastic career too but I expected an awful lot more when he joined, has he had more than 5 assists? really ineffective at this level.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2378 times
Has Liked: 3801 times

Post by JohnMac » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Pace was his asset but his crossing was definitely his downfall, his best days were at Spurs and on his game was brilliant.

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:49 pm

dermotdermot wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:30 pm
Surely the fact that both Bardsley and Hendrick haven’t followed suit today is a sign that maybe they might have been offered something more than just a short end of season extension.
That's what i was hoping too

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Post by bfcmik » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:55 pm

I wish him well. We got decent value for his transfer fee :roll:

I wonder why he wouldn't sign on for the extra month though, it isn't like he can go somewhere else in that time and it was a certainty that he would have been given opportunities to show other clubs that he can still cut the mustard. I can only surmise that he has already agreed to go training with another club with a view to signing for them once the transfer window opens up.

Marney&Mee
Been Liked: 657 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Marney&Mee » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:07 pm

bfcmik wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:55 pm
I wish him well. We got decent value for his transfer fee :roll:

I wonder why he wouldn't sign on for the extra month though, it isn't like he can go somewhere else in that time and it was a certainty that he would have been given opportunities to show other clubs that he can still cut the mustard. I can only surmise that he has already agreed to go training with another club with a view to signing for them once the transfer window opens up.
I was thinking the same. Unlikely anyone will snap him up for the last 9 games. So take the money, put yourself in the shop window, stay fit etc. Just as likely to get injured in training. Sign for someone else at the end of July

Winstonswhite
Been Liked: 608 times
Has Liked: 310 times

Post by Winstonswhite » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:29 pm

I would have thought there’s less chance of getting injured in training.

He’ll have a 12 month contract on the table from someone else and won’t want to jeopardise that.

fanzone
Been Liked: 228 times
Has Liked: 65 times

Post by fanzone » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:34 pm

Play him every minute of every game until his contract expires to try and at least get something for the cash we have been paying him

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 635 times

Post by Tribesmen » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:42 pm

This is football players come and go , good luck to him and hopes he gets another couple of years playing at the top level

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:07 pm

fanzone wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:34 pm
Play him every minute of every game until his contract expires to try and at least get something for the cash we have been paying him
Pointless playing the ooc players who've made it clear they want to leave, will they really be 100% committed in that case, i doubt it, so let's try and plan for next season. and the players that will be here, Brownhill for one, it does leave us short on the right though as JBG is crocked again, but there's not much we can do about it just now, so we'll have to crack on, with what we've got available. Fortunately we're not in the thick of the relegation fight, otherwise it would be panic stations.

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Vino blanco » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:22 pm

He had a great game against Bournemouth at home a couple of seasons ago, didn't he? Quite honestly I thought he was a poor signing at the time and nothing has changed my mind. However I do believe his heart was in the right place and wish him well. Time to get Brownhill involved.

aggi
Been Liked: 2113 times

Out of contract players not playing

Post by aggi » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:36 pm

There's obviously been a lot of talk about out of contract players not playing. With contracts expiring on 30th June does anyone know of there's any contractual basis for players not playing before that date or is it just that there's concerns about them not putting the effort in?

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 673 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:52 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:57 am
I said it awhile ago, something is rotten in the state of Burnley. Our culture appears to be changing and we seem less and less Burnley with each passing calamity.
The last 7 matches have been a pretty good watch in my opinion....... Bags of effort, great attitude, solid defensively, popping the ball about nicely, scoring goals, difficult to beat.

In fact, very much like Burnley.
This user liked this post: Vino blanco

bobinho
Been Liked: 4092 times
Has Liked: 6568 times

Re: Out of contract players not playing

Post by bobinho » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:23 pm

Out of contract or not, for me the best players play. Those who give us a chance of getting something start, because at the moment, they are STILL Burnley players, and as PROFESSIONAL footballers, i'm sure they would give their all. Any sign of taking it easy and they are off, but until then, they play.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Re: Out of contract players not playing

Post by IanMcL » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:23 pm

They are at risk from injury, playing now, when their agents are seeking new clubs for them.

Up until end June, they are paid to work, by the club, however, if your agent is whining in your ear, are you able to give 100%?

From 1 July, they are unemployed, or sign short term contracts....exposing themselves to injury, once again.

The secondary issue, is that others, from end June, go into the Hendrick situation...last year of contract, then free agent.

Very poor from whomever is responsible at Board, CEO?

DCWat
Been Liked: 4139 times
Has Liked: 3603 times

Post by DCWat » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:34 pm

“Something is rotten in the state of Burnley”

I can see the frustration being shown by Dyche, but are we really assuming from this that the Chairman’s relationship with the Manager is the causal factor in Lennon, and maybe others, not agreeing to a short term extension?

Over his years with us, Dyche has publicly prided himself on the togetherness of the group. Would he really sacrifice all his hard work by allowing the state of his relationship with the Chairman to affect the group?

Frustrations with the Chairman are nothing new and it doesn’t necessarily mean that their relationship is strained. Nor does it mean that there is something rotten.

There may be things that need sorting, it may be coming to the end of Dyche’s tenure. I’m not sure saying that something is rotten is an accurate reflection though.

Garlick has a fine balance to manage if he wants to keep Dyche happy and the numbers at a position that he sees as acceptable.

Hopefully they can get back to that shared understanding of their different positions, pretty quickly.