Bournemouth v Palace

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
clansman
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 89 times

Re: Bournemouth v Palace

Post by clansman » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:45 pm

Palace well organised and always carry a threat. Cahill signing a master stroke for Roy.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32529 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:46 pm

matttheclaret wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:20 pm
Had a tremendous career.

I'm sure though he benefitted massively from playing alongside McGreal and Sinclair in his season here. Couldn't have hoped for better teammates to learn from as a young player on loan.
Johnny Mac in particular - Michael Duff benefited hugely from those two as well.

thelaughingclaret
Been Liked: 291 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by thelaughingclaret » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:09 am

This fake crowd noise is doing my head in. I don’t get it. I personally watch football as I like the sport not because I like the noise of the crowd. It’s like a laughing track on a bad comedy. Ruins it. There isn’t a crowd there, why are they all forcing this fake noise on us. I quite like the no noise and being able to hear the players and staff shouting, think I am in a minority here though.
This user liked this post: burnmark

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11049 times
Has Liked: 5658 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:17 am

thelaughingclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:09 am
This fake crowd noise is doing my head in. I don’t get it. I personally watch football as I like the sport not because I like the noise of the crowd. It’s like a laughing track on a bad comedy. Ruins it. There isn’t a crowd there, why are they all forcing this fake noise on us. I quite like the no noise and being able to hear the players and staff shouting, think I am in a minority here though.

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 494 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:52 am

I feel for Eddie Howe. He's worked wonders at Bournemouth, but this season he's been ravaged by injuries to key players and the situation with Ryan Fraser hasn't helped. Also been on the end of a couple of questionable VAR decisions. Whatever happens to Bournemouth I can't think it will affect Howe and I'm sure the'll be top clubs looking to hire him should he wish to move on.
This user liked this post: Hipper

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:43 am

thelaughingclaret wrote:
If it is doing your head in, why don't you watch without it? Only the BBC don't offer that.

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1404 times

Post by Aclaret » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:57 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:43 am
If it is doing your head in, why don't you watch without it? Only the BBC don't offer that.
I watched last night Tony without the noise, Red Button.

burnmark
Been Liked: 602 times
Has Liked: 478 times

Post by burnmark » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:58 am

thelaughingclaret wrote:
Completely agree. The Watford game yesterday was painful. Same three chants on repeat all game. The other channel without it wasn’t working before anyone tells me I can change over.
Last edited by burnmark on Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:00 am

burnmark wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:58 am
Completely agree. The Watford game yesterday was painful. Same three chants on repeat all game.
It doesn't bother me, it's just like background noise. I find it much better with than without.
This user liked this post: fatboy47

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1131 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:07 am

I watched the Watford game last night. To be honest the crowd noise wasn’t loud enough, at first I wasn’t sure it was on. You could hear to much from the players.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:26 am

ashtonlongsider wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:52 am
I feel for Eddie Howe. He's worked wonders at Bournemouth, but this season he's been ravaged by injuries to key players and the situation with Ryan Fraser hasn't helped. Also been on the end of a couple of questionable VAR decisions. Whatever happens to Bournemouth I can't think it will affect Howe and I'm sure the'll be top clubs looking to hire him should he wish to move on.
You could well be right, however a few points to note for those who buy into the Bournemouth/Howe fairytale guff.

1) They overspent hugely to gain promotion from the Championship
2) Their wages aren't a pittance by PL standards
3) Jordan Ibe/Dominic Solanke all clubs have their expensive flops but these 2 are notable in Bournemouth's case
4) And finally the crucial one for me, Eddie still can't organise a defence, Palace could and possibly should have had 4 or 5 yesterday, and they were playing within themselves for most of the 2nd half.

For all the talk about Bournemouth and their pretty football, they've also only netted 29 times this season, less than 1 a game, now Palace aren't much more prolific, but the key difference is Palace can keep clean sheets.

I'm genuinely curious which top clubs will be putting EH on their wanted list in the event of a vacancy emerging.
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2107 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:39 am

Was like watching a men's team play against an under 15s team last night. Palace seemed so much bigger and stronger.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:27 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:39 am
Was like watching a men's team play against an under 15s team last night. Palace seemed so much bigger and stronger.
They seemed a yard quicker as well, and won nearly all the 2nd balls/50/50's, which is weird as Bournemouth should've been pumped up much more, they didn't exactly display the urgency you'd expect from a team in the bottom 3, that's what would worry me more as a Bournemouth fan, it's almost like they've already raised the white flag, compare that with Watford who played till the whistle against Leicester and got their reward with the late equaliser.

For anybody who still thinks we might get drawn into the relegation battle. this weeks results showed why we'll be fine even if we don't pick up another point(which won't happen BTW), none of the bottom 5 won, and only Villa and Watford picked up anything, and they were arguably fortunate, and all 5 had home games that you'd describe as winnable, there's no chance teams like Villa, Bournemouth, West Ham, Watford are going to win another 4/5 games each before the end of the season, I've omitted Norwich as most pundits seem to think they're already down, but they also looked like they've thrown the towel in as well.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:34 am

tiger76 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:26 am
but the key difference is Palace can keep clean sheets.
I've just taken a look at the clean sheet list for 2019/20.

12: Liverpool
11: Burnley, Manchester City, Sheffield United
10: Crystal Palace, Leicester
9: Newcastle, Watford, Wolves
8: Manchester United
7: Arsenal, Southampton
6: Brighton, Chelsea, Everton, West Ham
5: Aston Villa, Norwich
4: Bournemouth, Tottenham

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:56 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:34 am
I've just taken a look at the clean sheet list for 2019/20.

12: Liverpool
11: Burnley, Manchester City, Sheffield United
10: Crystal Palace, Leicester
9: Newcastle, Watford, Wolves
8: Manchester United
7: Arsenal, Southampton
6: Brighton, Chelsea, Everton, West Ham
5: Aston Villa, Norwich
4: Bournemouth, Tottenham
The Tottenham & Watford ones are surprising, but the rest aren't, and if you can't stay in games at this level your going to struggle.

I can see Watford digging out a few 1-0 wins under Pearson, whereas you can't see Bournemouth, Villa or West Ham doing like wise.

At this stage of the season it's all about results, performances don't matter a jot.

But Bournemouth's run-in hardly inspires you with confidence for their survival hopes, and on that showing last night, they'll be lucky to stay out of the bottom 3, the saving grace for them could be that neither Villa or West Ham looked any better, and that's what could yet save them.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:57 am

tiger76 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:56 am
The Tottenham & Watford ones are surprising, but the rest aren't, and if you can't stay in games at this level your going to struggle.

I can see Watford digging out a few 1-0 wins under Pearson, whereas you can't see Bournemouth, Villa or West Ham doing like wise.

At this stage of the season it's all about results, performances don't matter a jot.

But Bournemouth's run-in hardly inspires you with confidence for their survival hopes, and on that showing last night, they'll be lucky to stay out of the bottom 3, the saving grace for them could be that neither Villa or West Ham looked any better, and that's what could yet save them.
Watford looked to be up for it yesterday. I know that doesn't give you points but it's a hell of a start that two of the bottom clubs didn't look to have when they have played in the last couple of days.