Joe Hart To Leave At The End Of June

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1151 times
Has Liked: 1625 times

Re: Joe Hart To Leave At The End Of June

Post by Claret Till I Die » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:39 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:42 pm
X4 Golden gloves, title winner x2, 75 England caps, FA cup and League cup, played in Europe for City and of course world cups for England.

If his agent can't sort out a well paid contract with that information then he needs a new agent :lol:
I used to fit in size 32" waist jeans but it doesn't mean that I still can

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:43 am

FCBurnley wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:55 pm
Would be fascinating to know how much Hart Lennon and Couch have cost the club. We will of course never know.
I’m sure you could roughly work it out - it’s between £10m and £15m I imagine.
So whilst you will never know exactly what they have cost the club what you can do is look at the exact numbers for our overall wages - you’ll find them in the annual accounts we publish every year
.....whilst you are there you might be even more “fascinated” to find out the record profits we have made during the time Dyche has been manager.

It’s all really fascinating how much money our manager has made for the club whilst he has been manager.
It’s not as fascinating to know he sometimes makes mistakes
But quite fascinating to know he has got a lot more things right than wrong.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:50 am

TVC15 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:43 am
I’m sure you could roughly work it out - it’s between £10m and £15m I imagine.
So whilst you will never know exactly what they have cost the club what you can do is look at the exact numbers for our overall wages - you’ll find them in the annual accounts we publish every year
.....whilst you are there you might be even more “fascinated” to find out the record profits we have made during the time Dyche has been manager.

It’s all really fascinating how much money our manager has made for the club whilst he has been manager.
It’s not as fascinating to know he sometimes makes mistakes
But quite fascinating to know he has got a lot more things right than wrong.
Exactly Sean's not perfect, and neither is his transfer record, but he's got a lot more right than wrong.

Just off the top of my head

Gray-signed for £9m, sold to Watford for £18m
Heaton-signed on a free, sold to Villa for £8m
Keane-signed for between 1 and 2m, sold to Everton for £30m

Oh! and the small matter of 2 promotions, and now in our 4th successive PL season, soon to be 5th.

You can add to that the fact that he's moulded Keane, Pope, Tarks into England contention, and you might be able to add Dwight McNeil & Charlie Taylor to that list soon.

Yes we've made expensive mistakes in the transfer market, Ben Gibson is the most high-profile, but all clubs have their share of signings that don't work out for various reasons.

Would you rather have Sean Dyche at the helm, and his net spend, and be sitting 11th in the PL, or Dean Smith and his net spend, and be hurtling towards the Championship, we're also above Everton and Newcastle who've not been shy at buying big in recent seasons, clearly Sean and the coaching team are doing something right.

I'm staggered at the negativity on this board at times, we're experiencing our best period of sustained success since the mid 1970's, and that proved short-lived, and yet all some posters can do is find things to moan about.
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan Tribesmen

Inchy
Been Liked: 1340 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Inchy » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:11 pm

I don’t think anyone is really criticising Dyche.

He has got so much right that the odd thing he might get wrong isn’t a problem. When you are signing players at the lower end of what a Premier League player costs it’s always more likely they won’t work out.

As for Hart. Not good enough for us simple as that. He will be off to America or China I assume because no one in the Prem or championship will be daft enough to sign him

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:25 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:23 am
Was due to play in Turkey until Joe Hart arrived
That’s not what the club said...

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/new ... to-dig-in/

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32551 times
Has Liked: 5284 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:25 pm
That’s not what the club said...

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/new ... to-dig-in/
Very good - bet you really enjoyed digging back to find that didn't you? I'll repeat what I said, and I know it to be fact, that Lindegaard was due to play until Joe Hart arrived. Hart wasn't even with the official party and made his own way there.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:22 pm

Not really, just found the article that supported the fact that Lindegaard was injured in the warm up which supported a viewpoint on the forum.

MOD: Unneccessary personal comments removed

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:33 pm

Back to the main point - I found the signing of Hart a curious signing at the time and I still do. I understand the argument that with Heaton untested since coming back from a serious injury - and having picked up a knock - we might want a "Plan B", just in case Heaton didn't prove up to it. But Hart wasn't a plan B - he was a Plan A, which relegated Heaton to Plan B. Given Heaton's status within the squad, that was always likely to be a difficult dynamic to balance, and it meant we were going to always have one keeper who would expect to be first choice (and receiving first choice wages) on the bench, and that problem was going to become completely untenable once Pope was fit.

Had we gone out and signed a very experienced number 2 type keeper the minute Heaton got injured, that would have been one thing. Signing a keeper who was still harbouring realistic international ambitions and had been England's stated number one only 12 months earlier was entirely different.

He did OK for us in his tenure. He made errors, but then so did Heaton on a couple of occasions after Christmas. But the fundamental difference was that he never projected the assurance and conviction that Heaton did, and neither Mee nor Tarkowski ever looked as assured with him behind him.

In the end, he never justified the wage outlay, or even close.
These 2 users liked this post: Swizzlestick bfcjg

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:54 pm

Inchy wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:11 pm
As for Hart. Not good enough for us simple as that. He will be off to America or China I assume because no one in the Prem or championship will be daft enough to sign him
Or possibly Arsenal 😂

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1231 times

Post by joey13 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:41 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:46 am
Same ones are on the Covid thread :lol: Joe was a very good signing at the time.
Maybe we should have took notice to what happened at Torino ,you know that team in Italy ,yes Italy who were affected by the virus weeks before UK ,but of course it was all down to hindsight too :roll:

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1231 times

Post by joey13 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:44 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:20 pm
I thought he did okay when he played, he made some mistakes but also pulled off some terrific saves and kept us in a few games. Let’s face it though, the whole team was a complete shambles in the autumn of 2018, and whilst Hart was part of that, by no means was it all his fault as suggested by a few on this board.

Some of the vitriol and venom aimed towards him was shocking at times. I think many didn’t appreciate that he had previously starred in an advert for shampoo.
Shouldn’t you be posting that on the West Ham board
This user liked this post: tim_noone

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:53 am

Been linked with Celtic, but tellingly he's not their 1st choice. Celtic will consider a move for Joe Hart, 33, after his release by Burnley, should the Scottish champions fail to get fellow English goalkeeper Fraser Forster, 32, on another loan from Southampton.