Marvellous - BBC 2 - July 1st - 9pm.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32410 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Re: Marvellous - BBC 2 - July 1st - 9pm.

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:23 pm

Herts Clarets wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:25 pm
Is he a very good friend of yours? ;)
Brilliant Herts. :D

I do know Malcolm well and have done for a number of years and his wife is from Burnley so I should perhaps consider him a very good friend of mine.

colner
Been Liked: 43 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by colner » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:17 pm

Just seen this from a Stoke City forum written by Malcolm in the drama...
Forget the win, or its size. Forget league safety. Forget what MON has done. All that pales into insignificance compared with the news I had just after the final whistle. The news I've dreamed of for years. Nello rang to tell me that I've been appointed as Chair of the Neil Baldwin Football Club. You may remember the scene in the film where I was disappointed when Gary Lineker was appointed President and not me. That's all forgotten now. I've been on the Board of NBFC for decades, even though there's never actually been a meeting in that time because Nello has been too busy, but it looked like being Chair would forever be beyond my reach. But now with Gaz as President and me as Chair, there will be no stopping us. If Carling did memorable evenings...........................
These 3 users liked this post: Woonderbah ClaretTony Colburn_Claret

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32410 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:05 pm

colner wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:17 pm
Just seen this from a Stoke City forum written by Malcolm in the drama...
Forget the win, or its size. Forget league safety. Forget what MON has done. All that pales into insignificance compared with the news I had just after the final whistle. The news I've dreamed of for years. Nello rang to tell me that I've been appointed as Chair of the Neil Baldwin Football Club. You may remember the scene in the film where I was disappointed when Gary Lineker was appointed President and not me. That's all forgotten now. I've been on the Board of NBFC for decades, even though there's never actually been a meeting in that time because Nello has been too busy, but it looked like being Chair would forever be beyond my reach. But now with Gaz as President and me as Chair, there will be no stopping us. If Carling did memorable evenings...........................
That’s brilliant. I’ll email him my congratulations.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1865 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:26 pm

Just watched it

Very enjoyable