I Think We Should Buy This Player

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Rowls
Been Liked: 5096 times
Has Liked: 5162 times

I Think We Should Buy This Player

Post by Rowls » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:01 pm

I'll start.

Todd Cantwell at Norwich. Looks like he could be a top class box to box midfielder. Great attitude and when there'll need to be a good deal of belt-tightening when Norwich are relegated.
This user liked this post: LordBob

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11035 times
Has Liked: 5648 times

Re: I Think We Should Buy This Player

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:02 pm

another that will be well above our budget unfortunately

edit:a few of us mentioned him earlier in the season, it would be nice if we could sign him for sure

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1487 times
Has Liked: 1847 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:07 pm

Agreed Brady could be thrown in to sweeten the deal

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 300 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:17 pm

Lerma

Buendia is the more likely (but still unlikely) one from Norwich

Eliasson would be good and not too expensive. Same goes for osayi-samuels.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 546 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:36 pm

McGinn if Villa go down. Suspect they will have to sell quite a few of that’s the case.

Likewise David Brooks from Bournemouth I’d they got down but suspect he’s way above our station, he’s a real player.

Harrison Reed - Fulham when fit would be perfect replacement for Westwood in my opinion, great engine and younger. And by replacement I mean if he doesn’t resign next season or to be his understudy / competition.

Dependant on signings at Chelsea Fikayo Tomori young very quick centre half . I think he’s probably part of their plans but they seem to be splashing some cash so possibly have his nose shoved out.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4142 times
Has Liked: 3605 times

Post by DCWat » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:37 pm

I liked the look of Cantwell in the home game, despite us giving them a bit of a hiding. He’s also looked good in a good few games I’ve seen. Good engine and good on the ball.

A more defensive midfielder but I liked the look of Harrison Reed for Fulham, today. I’ve not seen enough of him to suggest he’s regularly of good quality though.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:45 pm

Hedontplayforyou wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:36 pm
McGinn if Villa go down. Suspect they will have to sell quite a few of that’s the case.

Likewise David Brooks from Bournemouth I’d they got down but suspect he’s way above our station, he’s a real player.

Harrison Reed - Fulham when fit would be perfect replacement for Westwood in my opinion, great engine and younger. And by replacement I mean if he doesn’t resign next season or to be his understudy / competition.

Dependant on signings at Chelsea Fikayo Tomori young very quick centre half . I think he’s probably part of their plans but they seem to be splashing some cash so possibly have his nose shoved out.
McGinn signed a massive new contract at Villa so any sale will be over 30 million I reckon
Brooks - well above 20 million but I'd love to get him (zero chance)
Reed - I watched him today for Fulham and wasn't impressed
Tomori - what you said !

DCWat
Been Liked: 4142 times
Has Liked: 3605 times

Post by DCWat » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:04 pm

DCWat wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:37 pm
I liked the look of Cantwell in the home game, despite us giving them a bit of a hiding. He’s also looked good in a good few games I’ve seen. Good engine and good on the ball.

A more defensive midfielder but I liked the look of Harrison Reed for Fulham, today. I’ve not seen enough of him to suggest he’s regularly of good quality though.
Bosh!

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:05 pm

price just gone up

whentheballmoves
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by whentheballmoves » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:50 pm

Benrahma from Brentford? Need wide players. Assuming they don't get promoted, that is...
This user liked this post: Rowls

claretburns
Been Liked: 857 times
Has Liked: 334 times

Post by claretburns » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:56 pm

whentheballmoves wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:50 pm
Benrahma from Brentford? Need wide players. Assuming they don't get promoted, that is...
With Chelsea and Arsenal after him, another who will be above our budget.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 546 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:04 pm

Mbuemo is another from Brentford who is an impressive talent.

As for not being impressed by Harrison Reed, I’m not sure what more you could ask for from him, the rest of the team around him were pretty shocking if Anyone is to be criticised , a little bit wet for me today Fulham and that’s why they won’t go up

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1571 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:37 pm

I’ve gone for players in positions I believe we either need cover or strengthening. One for each position.

Right midfield.

Jordan Ibe (on a free) has ability needs a decent coach. I am hoping it would be something similar to traore at wolves, just needed the right manager.

Eliasson (on a free) a younger Gudmundsson that hopefully won’t be injured all season

Osayi Samuel (4-5 million) He would be my number one pick. Watched him a few times and I actually think he is better than Eze. One year left on his contract so will most likely
Move on this summer.

Mbeumo (10 million) a very talented winger, if Garlick and Dyche really wanted to show support for Dyche this would be a top top signing

Centre midfield.

Harrison Reed (No idea on fee) a very similar player to Westwood. Only 25 so has 7-8 years ahead of him.

Dasilva looks a really promising centre midfielder at Brentford. I think he is only 21 but looks like he is destined to play in the premier league. If Brentford don’t go up he would be great signing to replace cork or Westwood in the next 18-24 months

Centre back

Ayala (free transfer) experienced centre back looking to take a chance in the premier league. Surely Ben and Tarks can’t go another season with next no injuries.

Right back

Bogle - one for the future, Lowton and Bardsley can not be relied upon for more than a couple of seasons. Time to get a decent young pro in that can develop (similar to Taylor)

Striker

Brewster - had a fairly decent season at Swansea. I think you could get him relatively cheap from Liverpool, I doubt he will get any game time over the next 3-4 seasons there.
If Vydra goes he could be a good 4th option

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:45 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:37 pm
Brewster - had a fairly decent season at Swansea. I think you could get him relatively cheap from Liverpool
LOL

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1697 times
Has Liked: 789 times

Post by warksclaret » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:55 pm

Lot of players being mentioned are way out of our price league owing to impressive performances. We need to be smart at looking at good talent in the Liverpool, Man City, Man U camps that are about to break into the first team squad and get them on a season long loan. They are around-last year Wigan had Reece James on loan-a sensational full back. Do you remember when Barnsley had Kieran Trippirer on loan. Derby had Mount, Bourmnemouth have Wilson of Liverpool

Burnley as a club will always be the poor relation financially in the PL, so we need to be SMART in areas such as discovering up and coming talent. Sorry but we are appalling in this area of our business and technically we have the infra structure to shine.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1997 times
Has Liked: 1143 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:00 pm

Buy a top quality rb. Get Tom back from Villa if they go down. Buy another back up cb.Get Brady and Jgb fit or replace. Don’t sell Tarks or McNeil or Vydra and we will be fine

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:00 pm

I don't think picking up free agents such as gestede & Ayala wouldn't be bad additions as squad players, plenty of experience.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:10 pm

Woodleyclaret wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:07 pm
Agreed Brady could be thrown in to sweeten the deal
Norwich aren't that desperate.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2540 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:24 pm

Liam Moore - Reading captain and CH.

Conor Hourihane - Aston Villa CM.

Should be two relatively easy to attain additions with good quality who would fit in nicely with our style.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:45 pm

Bright Osayi-Samuel.

Rapid winger, young, can play on both sides. Probably available for a cut-price fee as a result of QPR being skint.

Iloveyoubrady

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:59 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:

Eliasson (on a free) a younger Gudmundsson that hopefully won’t be injured all season

Osayi Samuel (4-5 million) He would be my number one pick. Watched him a few times and I actually think he is better than Eze. One year left on his contract so will most likely
Move on this summer.

Mbeumo (10 million) a very talented winger, if Garlick and Dyche really wanted to show support for Dyche this would be a top top signing

Centre midfield.

Harrison Reed (No idea on fee) a very similar player to Westwood. Only 25 so has 7-8 years ahead of him.

Dasilva looks a really promising centre midfielder at Brentford. I think he is only 21 but looks like he is destined to play in the premier league. If Brentford don’t go up he would be great signing to replace cork or Westwood in the next 18-24 months

Centre back

Ayala (free transfer) experienced centre back looking to take a chance in the premier league. Surely Ben and Tarks can’t go another season with next no injuries.

Right back

Bogle - one for the future, Lowton and Bardsley can not be relied upon for more than a couple of seasons. Time to get a decent young pro in that can develop (similar to Taylor)
This would be a perfect window if we could get a right wing for a decent fee, future centre midfield for a relatively low fee and centre back back up for free. We’d only be swapping hart/Lennons wages for more useful players wages. Gibson could be used for a swap or for some cash back. Right back can wait until next summer if cash is low. We effectively only have to pay the upfront fee for a right winger if you take into account the amount saved on the players we’ve released. Osayi samuels would be perfect and likely only cost 5-8M. Over to Mr Garlick... :D

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:03 pm

Jack Grealish

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1571 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:25 pm

Iloveyoubrady wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:59 pm
This would be a perfect window if we could get a right wing for a decent fee, future centre midfield for a relatively low fee and centre back back up for free. We’d only be swapping hart/Lennons wages for more useful players wages. Gibson could be used for a swap or for some cash back. Right back can wait until next summer if cash is low. We effectively only have to pay the upfront fee for a right winger if you take into account the amount saved on the players we’ve released. Osayi samuels would be perfect and likely only cost 5-8M. Over to Mr Garlick... :D

Yes if I could sign two players it would be Osayi Samuel and dasilva - would give us some much needed youth in the first team

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1402 times

Post by Aclaret » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:48 pm

Sean Longstaffe- Newcastle

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:52 pm

BOS would be my first pick, and unlike many names touted in this thread he's a realistic signing, and someone we could afford, both in terms of fees and wages surely.

Eliasson at Bristol City would be a good option to keep in mind if they don't come up, his contract expires at the end of the season, however they do have the option of another year, which i guess they'll activate, if for no other reason then to get a modest fee for him, he's only 24 and with Brownhill already here, that could help us in recruiting him.

If we're going to stretch the budget as SD states, then i'd rather we went for players who will be here for the long-term, which we can develop, and potentially sell on in a year or two for a decent profit.

It's great that our spine is full of experienced PL pro's, but McNeil, and possibly Brownhill apart, we're missing a dynamism, and the acquisition of this duo would certainly offer us a more balanced attack, and maybe take some of the burden off Dwight's shoulders, he's been awesome for us in the last 18 months, but he will have dips in form, and there's always the threat of severe injuries keeping him out, also there must be question marks over how long we can keep Dwight, yes he's tied to a long contract which helps, but the vultures will be circling over TM soon enough i'm afraid, and we have to plan for life post McNeil, as well as life post covid, that's just the reality for a club like Burnley.

Lord_Bob
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by Lord_Bob » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:03 am

Tom Heaton, if Villa go down.

Sell Pope to Chelski for 50M buy Tom for 5M puts 45M in the kitty for others and no drop off in goalie performance. Job done.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:00 am

Lord_Bob wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:03 am
Tom Heaton, if Villa go down.

Sell Pope to Chelski for 50M buy Tom for 5M puts 45M in the kitty for others and no drop off in goalie performance. Job done.
now that really would be funny !!

Lord_Bob
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by Lord_Bob » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:07 am

I do have a sense of humor....comes in handy on this board....

but on the other hand, not beyond the realm of possibility???

KellyClaret
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by KellyClaret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:12 am

Lord_Bob wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:07 am
I do have a sense of humor....comes in handy on this board....

but on the other hand, not beyond the realm of possibility???
Isn't Heaton out injured until around Christmas time?

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:22 am

Eliasson’s playing style looks most suited for us and Dyche - the lad loves whipping crosses in.

Jordan Ibe on a free is someone worth looking at. A good and younger replacement for Lennon. Dyche might be able to get the best out of him...

Josh Da Silva at Brentford looks very dynamic but after signing Brownhill I can’t see us spending again on a centre mid.

Will we be able to sell Gibson? Should free up some cash. Along with Lennon, Hendrick and Hart wages off the book.

We have lost 4 ‘first teamers’ there so you would expect the club will look to fill a few gaps. Our squad is definitely ageing a bit so a few younger signings wouldn’t go amiss.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:45 am

KellyClaret wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:12 am
Isn't Heaton out injured until around Christmas time?
Why would we want Heaton back he is never fit?. He wants putting in the CROCK file along with Brady.

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:01 am

Admittedly I've not seen much of Eliasson. What I have seen, he looks useful in an attacking sense. Similarly Osayi Samuel. Just wondering if they have the stamina, abilities to fit into our system and do the tracking back. May be worth a risk if the price is right. We certainly need someone with pace who can whip crosses in from the right.

claret wizard
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by claret wizard » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:04 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:

Right back

I was going to login to post this. I was saying we should sign this guy last summer. Would be a great addition and how much would he learn from the two we have already.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3088 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:28 am

BenWickes wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:01 am
Admittedly I've not seen much of Eliasson. What I have seen, he looks useful in an attacking sense. Similarly Osayi Samuel. Just wondering if they have the stamina, abilities to fit into our system and do the tracking back. May be worth a risk if the price is right. We certainly need someone with pace who can whip crosses in from the right.
From what I’ve seen online, Samuel plays more left and Eliasson more right. Samuel looks a tad more greedy to me, Eliasson tending to cross, so on both counts you would say Eliasson should be a priority. That said, we need to start planning for Dwights departure at some point so shouldn’t be scared of investing in both...

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:42 am

Is there any real need to sign anyone?

Gk - Pope & BPF

RB - Bardsley & Lowton

CB - Tarky/Long & Mee/Dunne

LB- Taylor & Peiters

RW - JBG & Brownhill ( also CM cover )

CM - Westwood & Cork ( Brownhill as cover )

LW - McNeil & Brady ( Brady can also cover RW )

Forwards - Wood, Vydra, Jay and Barnes

Is there really a need to sign anyone else for the bench?
IMO they either need to be genuine 1st team players, or the next Pope, Tarky, Taylor type signing that can be developed for when a player moves on, and they can slot in having already learnt the ropes.

IMO we cannot afford to keep giving ageing pros 2 and 3 year deals on decent wages, with no resale value.
It's not a sustainable business model, and many will say it isn't a business, but that's how we run it.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:37 am

MACCA wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:42 am
Is there any real need to sign anyone?

Gk - Pope & BPF

RB - Bardsley & Lowton

CB - Tarky/Long & Mee/Dunne

LB- Taylor & Peiters

RW - JBG & Brownhill ( also CM cover )

CM - Westwood & Cork ( Brownhill as cover )

LW - McNeil & Brady ( Brady can also cover RW )

Forwards - Wood, Vydra, Jay and Barnes

Is there really a need to sign anyone else for the bench?
IMO they either need to be genuine 1st team players, or the next Pope, Tarky, Taylor type signing that can be developed for when a player moves on, and they can slot in having already learnt the ropes.

IMO we cannot afford to keep giving ageing pros 2 and 3 year deals on decent wages, with no resale value.
It's not a sustainable business model, and many will say it isn't a business, but that's how we run it.
For me, we’ll always need the pro’s if staying up is part of our business model. Norwich are a prime example of a club overflowing with talented youngsters, but very limited number of pro’s. You need them to grind out wins against Watford, play games out, etc.

I would like us to add some hungry young players though. Two that look to be available on a free are Jeremy Ngakia & Angel Gomes. 19 or something. Aware other clubs will be interested in both, and not sure about their temperaments, but think we should be trying to pick up that type of player. Perhaps offering a share of any future sell-on fee (incentivises them to get their heads down).

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32417 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:41 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Right back

We tried to sign Bogle in both windows in 2019

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:57 am

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:37 am
For me, we’ll always need the pro’s if staying up is part of our business model. Norwich are a prime example of a club overflowing with talented youngsters, but very limited number of pro’s. You need them to grind out wins against Watford, play games out, etc.

I would like us to add some hungry young players though. Two that look to be available on a free are Jeremy Ngakia & Angel Gomes. 19 or something. Aware other clubs will be interested in both, and not sure about their temperaments, but think we should be trying to pick up that type of player. Perhaps offering a share of any future sell-on fee (incentivises them to get their heads down).
But I think we have the pro's already in place right throughout the team most are over 28, and quite a few 30+
Other than McNeil 20, Brownhill 24 and Taylor 26, we cant really say we have young players in the squad.

My aim would be to get in the next 3 or 4 players at 19-22 years of ages, that will be replacing the likes of Bardsley, Cork, Barnes and Jay over the next year or so.

That's without hoping none of our bigger players go.

The next 2 windows may be expensive ones, but this time next year could see our squad desimated.
It's important we are prepared, something we clearly wasnt for this summer.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 673 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:05 pm

I think we need two wide players (one of which can play in field). For this the one name I would love us to sign is Eme Buendia from Norwich. Quality footballer, 23, can play centrally in a 3 or wide right in a 4 and is more industrious than many think.

We will obviously need another centre half to replace the outgoing Gibson. Probably best to look at good centre halves in the Championship/League One or good frees from Europe. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if we went back for the unwashed Hanley at Norwich.

And if we can get a right sided Charlie Taylor (RB) that would also be great.

I really hope we use the loan market better than we have previously too.

Iloveyoubrady

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:22 pm

We could do with a right wing. Eliasson, Osayi Samuel and buendia would all be excellent. After that maybe a free back up centre back like Ayala and then someone like Harrison reed for when cork/Westwood start to miss games.
We don’t need to go out and break the bank to improve the squad this summer. Eliasson will be cheap, osayi samuels will be less than £10 million... This summer is the time to get the squad ready for Dwight, Tarkowski and popes departures in the future. If we get to a point where all we would need is like for like replacements we will be in a safe position.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

ecc
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 1278 times

Post by ecc » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:40 pm

Baptiste Santamaria (Angers): CM, 25. But it won't happen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptiste_Santamaria

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:03 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:05 pm
I think we need two wide players (one of which can play in field). For this the one name I would love us to sign is Eme Buendia from Norwich. Quality footballer, 23, can play centrally in a 3 or wide right in a 4 and is more industrious than many think.

We will obviously need another centre half to replace the outgoing Gibson. Probably best to look at good centre halves in the Championship/League One or good frees from Europe. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if we went back for the unwashed Hanley at Norwich.

And if we can get a right sided Charlie Taylor (RB) that would also be great.

I really hope we use the loan market better than we have previously too.
Entirely agree about Buendia. He would transform us and give us so many options. I’d break the bank for him.

Keep mentioning him but Jeremy Ngakia on a free would offer some youth at RB and would be good to blood him before Bardsley has to retire/Lowton take a lesser role.

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 1406 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:00 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:22 am
...Will we be able to sell Gibson? Should free up some cash. Along with Lennon, Hendrick and Hart wages off the book...
Only if we can find/catch him first.
On the face of it, a swap deal's perhaps more likely? But if you then consider who's got someone they'd like to trade for him, you realise that we might end up with Danny Drinkwater back at Turf Moor.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1697 times
Has Liked: 789 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:30 pm

Someone who has really impressed me is Douglas Luiz of Villa (with the bleached white hair). Early twenties but someone who has an influence on the game. Seen him quite a bit in a struggling team and too good for the Championship. They will need to trim their squad if they go down

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:42 pm

AfloatinClaret wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:00 pm
Only if we can find/catch him first.
On the face of it, a swap deal's perhaps more likely? But if you then consider who's got someone they'd like to trade for him, you realise that we might end up with Danny Drinkwater back at Turf Moor.
Swap Gibson for Fry, jobs a good un. Whatever we need to get Gibson off the books he's stealing a wage right now. As Drinkwater also was during his brief stint at TM.

Bad eggs the pair of em, and we don't want those types at BFC thank you very much, compare to Long model pro, and Vydra who patiently waited for his chance to shine, and now he's showing why we spent so much on him.

Could be a pure coincidence of course, but since Drinkwater and Gibson have left the building, we've barely lost a game, strange that, and the dressing room is united once again.

If we're going to compete and survive in this league we can't carry prima donnas, and i'd class Drinkwater and Gibson as exactly that.

Drinkwater is struggling to get into a rank Villa side, and Gibson's training at a struggling Championship club, meanwhile we're going from strength to strength, good riddance to bad rubbish. And even if we have to cut our losses on Gibson, it'll still be worth it in the long run, just to get him out the door.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:44 pm

Hope we're back in for Bogle. Like the look of the lad.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 673 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:52 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:42 pm
Swap Gibson for Fry, jobs a good un. Whatever we need to get Gibson off the books he's stealing a wage right now. As Drinkwater also was during his brief stint at TM.

Bad eggs the pair of em, and we don't want those types at BFC thank you very much, compare to Long model pro, and Vydra who patiently waited for his chance to shine, and now he's showing why we spent so much on him.

Could be a pure coincidence of course, but since Drinkwater and Gibson have left the building, we've barely lost a game, strange that, and the dressing room is united once again.

If we're going to compete and survive in this league we can't carry prima donnas, and i'd class Drinkwater and Gibson as exactly that.

Drinkwater is struggling to get into a rank Villa side, and Gibson's training at a struggling Championship club, meanwhile we're going from strength to strength, good riddance to bad rubbish. And even if we have to cut our losses on Gibson, it'll still be worth it in the long run, just to get him out the door.
I don't think there's much chance that Boro will sign Gibson due to the fact they won't be able to afford his wages. I would think he would need to sign for a Premier League team (Watford or Newcastle perhaps, given he was linked with both previously) or a richer Championship team. From what I can gather, Boro are trying harder to cut the cost of their wage bill rather than growing it.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:54 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:42 pm

Couldn't agree more. Excellent points about team spirit. It's one of those factors it's often so difficult to measure unless you're there but the upturn is certainly there since those two left.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:57 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:52 pm
I don't think there's much chance that Boro will sign Gibson due to the fact they won't be able to afford his wages. I would think he would need to sign for a Premier League team (Watford or Newcastle perhaps, given he was linked with both previously) or a richer Championship team. From what I can gather, Boro are trying harder to cut the cost of their wage bill rather than growing it.

Perhaps that was the case, but there's growing rumours that FFP will be suspended in the Championship next season, so that might change Steve Gibson's mindset, Watford certainly were interested, and if we could get anywhere near £10m out of them i'd be delighted.
This user liked this post: Jakubs Tash

Hipper
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Hipper » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:58 pm

What's the thinking with suggesting Jordan Ibe?

He's only played two games this season and has mostly been injured or out of favour.

Whenever I've seen him he seems more potential then delivery. He does not seem the sort of player that could replace Brady or JBG.