Views from Afar -Mauritius

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
davemanu2000
Been Liked: 1145 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Views from Afar -Mauritius

Post by davemanu2000 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:59 am

We have had the pleasure of seeing Burnley -Watford match live. It was an interesting match and Burnley a level higher, Bunley have good players at all compartments.
Pope is outstanding. He has to play for England sooner or later. The defence was strong and impregnable .i{ I wonder how MAn City scored five}.The midfield players could manage to defend also and in a position to assist the two strikers.
of course, a couple of players have to be acquired to improve our games and rankings as well.
Burnley have to follow the trend. Almost all other clubs have foreign investors. Even some first divisions clubs have foreign owners .it is high time that management should think over and try to have some worthy foreign investors from either MiddleEast or some American billionaires.
personally i am for foreign investments if ever we think Burnley to regain their past glories.

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1181 times
Has Liked: 637 times

Re: Views from Afar -Mauritius

Post by Tribesmen » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:37 am

"MiddleEast or some American billionaires." Funny reading that as the BBC said the same were interested in Burnley this morning .

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:25 pm

We can’t compete with City or Liverpool, Dave. A different level.
We have taken points from ManU, Arsenal,Spurs, Wolves and Leicester this season so it’s not all gloom.

I’ll say no to foreign investment thanks. No idea who you’ll get. A good one is great but there have been far too many poor ownerships for my liking.

Stay safe.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:54 pm

huw.Y.WattfromWare wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:25 pm
We can’t compete with City or Liverpool, Dave. A different level.
We have taken points from ManU, Arsenal,Spurs, Wolves and Leicester this season so it’s not all gloom.

I’ll say no to foreign investment thanks. No idea who you’ll get. A good one is great but there have been far too many poor ownerships for my liking.

Stay safe.
Yes but through the experience of poor owners clubs have generally learnt to be more careful who to allow in unless they are desperate and will grab at the first opportunity as the Walker Trust did

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1489 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:18 pm

Jack Walker was a diehard fan who made good and put his money into his team
The family who followed had no interest in BRFC so bailed at the first opportunity. This is similar to Dave the Shopkeeper at Wigan
He decided to put his grandson in charge and likewise Sharp sold out asap to foreign owners
Both clubs had small fan bases prior to monies from Wealan and Walker
They are now back where they were,with small gates and huge debts.

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:12 pm

Dave. Nick Pope has already played for England
DBE3E72E-7A46-4084-A63F-1F1BCBB397BD.png

As for foreign investment. I’d rather local people look after the club rather than someone use us as a toy.

Claret
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 655 times

Post by Claret » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:41 pm

Foreign investment? How about a Davemanu takeover