David Bowie - BBC Tonight

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 493 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Re: David Bowie - BBC Tonight

Post by ashtonlongsider » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:13 pm

Excellent watch. Don't know whether anyone else has thought the same as me, but whenever he played or toured the UK, his cockney accent was always more prevalent in his vocals. S2S, Bowies best album for me.

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 2963 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:34 pm

claretsintown wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:38 am
What's your favourite Bowie song of all time only one allowed I'll put it out there
***Memory of a free festival***
Pretty much an impossible question ......I can't split Drive In Saturday, Five Years and Sound & Vision after much contemplation. I'll also give a mention to Soul Love on Ziggy Stardust (one of my favourite albums of all time)...a fantastic track which is seldom heard. Cerys Matthews played it on her Sunday morning show on 6 a few months back much to my joy .

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:21 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:34 pm
Pretty much an impossible question ......I can't split Drive In Saturday, Five Years and Sound & Vision after much contemplation. I'll also give a mention to Soul Love on Ziggy Stardust (one of my favourite albums of all time)...a fantastic track which is seldom heard. Cerys Matthews played it on her Sunday morning show on 6 a few months back much to my joy .
Just listening to Ziggy Stardust now.....Soul Love really is a wonderful track but then again the whole album hasnt a bad track on it
This user liked this post: Stalbansclaret

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:48 am

Has anybody managed to catch the Tim Burgess twitter listening party ?

Young Americans album was on at 8pm last night - and Pin Ups is on next week.
Pin Ups I have on a rate original picture disc vinyl but other than the brilliant Sorrow I never really liked the album that much but after enjoying last nights so much I am going to listen next week.

Last nights was absolutely brilliant - it was hosted by Mike Garson who played keyboard on the album.

How it works is you play the album track by track and follow Tim’s twitter listening party. I thought I knew a lot about Bowie’s work but this is a whole different level.
Mike Garson was there in the studio recording the album and his insight was incredible. But many of the pictures and clips posted by other people are also brilliant.

It was so interesting I was blown away to be honest - I love the album and Young Americans as a single track is my favourite ever piece of music.

It was a really emotional experience - the concept of the whole thing by Tim Burgess is brilliant.

Here’s a piece of footage I have never seen - any Luther Vandross fans out there will enjoy.

https://t.co/Y5T9ILuBMH?amp=1

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:31 am

https://timstwitterlisteningparty.com/p ... d_327.html

You can replay it on this link - you need to listen to the album on Spotify or something similar alongside the twitter feed.
Pin Ups later this week