FA Distance Themselves From BLM Movement

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

FA Distance Themselves From BLM Movement

Post by Rowls » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:17 pm

The FA have begun to distance themselves from the BLM movement.

A tweet today tacitly, subtely but distinctly drops FA support for the BLM movement. Previously, they had tweeted the #BlackLivesMatter hashtag without comment or critique.

Now they have issued a statement to clarify their position. They say, "We want our message to be a positive one". Well ho, hum.

Bizarrely, whoever wrote their public statement is capitalizing the word 'black'. I've never seen colours or indeed ethnicities being capitalized before. Nationalities, yes. Skin tone, no.

Full statement from the FA / Premier League below:
The FA / The Premier League wrote:With our support, the Premier League has today issued the following statement:

"The Premier League stands alongside players, clubs, The FA, EFL, PFA, LMA, PGMOL and all those who have come together in recent weeks to reject racism and to show support for the message that Black lives matter.

"These three words have become an expression of unity for people from all communities who believe it is unacceptable to treat Black people differently to anyone else.

"In an unprecedented move, Premier League players from all 20 clubs united in solidarity with this message and the Premier League supported their request to replace their names on the back of playing shirts with ‘Black Lives Matter’.

"The Premier League offered this backing as we wholly agree with the players’ single objective of eradicating racial prejudice wherever it exists.

"And we are unequivocal in the belief that there is no room for racism in our competition, football as a whole, or the wider community.

"Together, all professional football bodies and the players and managers recognise the importance of the message that Black lives matter. However, we do not endorse any political organisation or movement, nor support any group that calls for violence or condones illegal activity.

"We are aware of the risk posed by groups that seek to hijack popular causes and campaigns to promote their own political views.

"These actions are entirely unwelcome and are rejected by the Premier League and all other professional football bodies, and they underline the importance of our sport coming together to declare a very clear position against prejudice. We want our message to be a positive one that recognises football has the power to bring people together.

"As the players have made clear, we will all continue to work to promote equality of opportunity - regardless of colour or creed - and celebrate the advantages of diversity wherever we can.

"The Premier League believes there is no room for racism or any form of discrimination, anywhere."

Rowls

Re: FA Distance Themselves From BLM Movement

Post by Rowls » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:19 pm

The now say they support the "Black{sic} lives matter message".

So all those people who think that black lives don't matter have been put in their place.

I do hope the very good Kick It Out campaign returns to prominence.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:23 pm

Richard Masters (Premier League Chief Exec) was grilled extensively by the DCMS committee today on the subject - mainly around the Premier Leagues stance on being apolitical - his position was that their campaign was a moral position brought to them by all the players and one whcih all member clubs supported.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2194 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by fidelcastro » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:25 pm

Does it really matter if the word is capitalised or not?

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:27 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:23 pm
Richard Masters (Premier League Chief Exec) was grilled extensively by the DCMS committee today on the subject - mainly around the Premier Leagues stance on being apolitical - his position was that their campaign was a moral position brought to them by all the players and one whcih all member clubs supported.
Which makes it all the stranger and sadder that they adopted the slogan of a highly politicized movement and dropped their own, very successful anti-racism message.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Nonayforever » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:30 pm

I think the FA / Premier league are getting worried about black players doing the black power salute which has slightly connotations to BLM

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:30 pm

Rowls wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:27 pm
Which makes it all the stranger and sadder that they adopted the slogan of a highly politicized movement and dropped their own, very successful anti-racism message.
Perhaps that message wasn't getting through?
Certainly it wasn't to the numbskulls who flew the plane.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:25 pm
Does it really matter if the word is capitalised or not?
Yes. You clearly understand the rules, at least the basics, as evidenced by your post.

Why would they capitalize the word 'black'?

Well, you'd capitalize it if it pertained to an organization. So for example I refer to Blackburn Rovers and I refer to British Polish Chamber or Commerce.

But if I type the words "of course black lives matter" then the words are not capitalized. However, if I refer to the organisation Black Lives Matter then the words are capitalized.

The FA/Premier League statement is bizarre because it capitalizes only the word 'black'. It makes it ambiguous as to whether they are referring to organisation or whether they are simply stating their belief that the lives of black people are important.

You'd think an organisation such as wealthy as the FA could afford (or even know) somebody who capable of drafting a statement that didn't make such rudimentary grammatical errors.

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:38 pm

Rowls wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 pm
Yes. You clearly understand the rules, at least the basics, as evidenced by your post.

Why would they capitalize the word 'black'?

Well, you'd capitalize it if it pertained to an organization. So for example I refer to Blackburn Rovers and I refer to British Polish Chamber or Commerce.

But if I type the words "of course black lives matter" then the words are not capitalized. However, if I refer to the organisation Black Lives Matter then the words are capitalized.

The FA/Premier League statement is bizarre because it capitalizes only the word 'black'. It makes it ambiguous as to whether they are referring to organisation or whether they are simply stating their belief that the lives of black people are important.

You'd think an organisation such as wealthy as the FA could afford (or even know) somebody who capable of drafting a statement that didn't make such rudimentary grammatical errors.
They should employ you as a proof reader, in that case.

Pedantry at its finest.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:39 pm

Nonayforever wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:30 pm
I think the FA / Premier league are getting worried about black players doing the black power salute which has slightly connotations to BLM
I think it's more to do with the tweets from the "official" BLM UK twitter account and a panic at the FA not to be associated with their politics.
These 2 users liked this post: Elizabeth Bosscat

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:41 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:38 pm
They should employ you as a proof reader, in that case.

Pedantry at its finest.
There is a BIG difference between saying "black people are important and that their lives matter" and supporting the BLM movement.

This is not pedantry.
This user liked this post: Uwe Noble

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1778 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:44 pm

Much as Rowls can be a pain in the right butt, I have him correct on this technicality.

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:45 pm

Rowls wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:41 pm
There is a BIG difference between saying "black people are important and that their lives matter" and supporting the BLM movement.

This is not pedantry.
So do you think they've made things worse because of their use or non use of capital letters?

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1745 times
Has Liked: 344 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:47 pm

From the outset I was surprised they supported the Black Lives Matter slogan officially. It might’ve been more appropriate to attach Kick It Out to it instead and still done the knee.

However I think movement is in a very different place compared to when Premier League were printing the badges and banners etc ready for the restart.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:51 pm

The problem goes deeper than this. The poppy situation. While most of us support it. Some won’t. See James mcclean. Them there is rainbow laces etc.

Politicising football is the problem. For most it’s escape. But now it’s become so much more. Where does it end.

The best solution in this case would’ve been allowing players to show their support. Perhaps even one game dedicated to it. But to have multiple games for the rest of the season associated with a political movement means where do you address future examples.

It’s tough. Because big name players and the league itself have a huge audience and able to send out a message nobody else can. Kids on board and huge global audiences.

For me I support equality. And encourage anyone to support everyone being treated fairly. But the media have created a problem that doesn’t exist and now bully people who don’t share the message or view.

The same happens with poppies. Players should rightly have the option.

Had they done it for one game. And gave players the option it would have been perfect.

But the more things are forced on people the more that people who don’t or don’t want to share those views will be alienated.

I absolutely don’t agree with the wlm banner. But equally I don’t think politics and religion and everything else should be Forced to be associated with football.

Someone will be able to word the same views I have far better than I have. But in short Fk hate, racism and the like but equally allow sport and football to be impartial and independent and give the individual players freedom to express their own views and beliefs.
These 8 users liked this post: Rowls Aclaret Stayingup cockneyclaret ClaretAL groove Braindead burnleymik

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:52 pm

Rowls wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:27 pm
What was “very successful” about their anti racism message ?
I haven’t heard many of the prominent black players describe it like that. If it was such a successful message do you not find it strange that black players (and white ones) have so embraced the black lives matter message ?
These 2 users liked this post: fidelcastro ksrclaret

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:53 pm

A very thoughtful post there cricketfields.

I don't agree with entirely everything but you've put down your thoughts so eloquently I only want to thank you for your contribution.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:00 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:52 pm
I haven’t heard many of the prominent black players describe it like that. If it was such a successful message do you not find it strange that black players (and white ones) have so embraced the black lives matter message ?
The Kick It Out campaign has been campaigning against racism in football for decades now. It was commonplace when they started. Now it is, thankfully, rare.

I don't speak for black people. Nobody does. Not even BLM. Black people are capable of speaking for themselves.

What I suspect is that a lot of people, when they find out exactly who the UK BLM are and what their political aims are, will drop any support for them. Just like the FA apparently have.

Caernarfon_Claret
Been Liked: 1473 times
Has Liked: 633 times

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:00 pm

Lot's of things in life get politicized when they shouldn't.

Education
Health
Crime
Injustice

All to their detriment.

Is BLM trademarked ?

If it is then people should have done their homework.

If not then they can still claim they're just coincidentally using the same phrase as an organization.

I'm not trying to link the two, but some people don't wear a poppy because of Royal British Legion's link to the arms trade.

Some take that stance as a lack of support for those who bravely fought for country.

Also the fact the Royal British Legion trademarked the Poppy.

I'm not comparing the two, only in the sense that some see an unsavoury nature to the Royal British Legion.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:00 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:52 pm
An excellent point and one which has been overlooked on this thread until now.

If you want to judge how successful or otherwise an anti-racism message or campaign has been, a good indicator would be to seek the views of the people experiencing the racism. It's very easy to claim it's successful if you're not the one experiencing the racism in the first place. I don't think it's a stretch to suggest the black footballers did not feel it had been as successful as it might have been given their desire to support 'black lives matter'.
These 2 users liked this post: Bordeauxclaret fidelcastro

brexit
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:05 pm

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:29 pm

Before he took the knee, Charisma-Free Keir really should've read the small print.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 83981.html

"Black Lives Matter UK criticises Labour Leader Keir Starmer for dismissing calls to defund the police"

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:09 pm

Rowls wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:00 pm
The Kick It Out campaign has been campaigning against racism in football for decades now. It was commonplace when they started. Now it is, thankfully, rare.

I don't speak for black people. Nobody does. Not even BLM. Black people are capable of speaking for themselves.

What I suspect is that a lot of people, when they find out exactly who the UK BLM are and what their political aims are, will drop any support for them. Just like the FA apparently have.
No you don’t speak for black people - yet black lives matters really seems to get your goat.

It seems to me that black people are so behind this movement because campaigns like kick it out whilst it did start years ago are too slow and too conservative.
Of course it’s better than it was in the 1970s and 1980s for black players but they clearly (and rightly) feel that there should be no racism and that the punishments for when it happens are nowhere near strong enough.
Look what’s happened in Italy Serie A this year. Look what happens in most Eastern European countries every time an English team plays them. And look what still happens even in this country.
It’s not zero tolerance to racism is it ?

If black people have decided that they want more change / equality and they want it quicker then not sure why white people have a problem with this. If we are sticking to the debate in football here I don’t see many white players or people in football who don’t agree with this.
If the FA are deciding to distance themselves that says a lot more about the over privileged conservative white dinosaurs running it than it does about anything else. Since when have the FA done anything radical ? - their number one priority has always been protecting their own organisation and to implementing as little change as they can possibly get away with.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:21 pm

Black fella and former Wolves captain has it right
Let’s just look at Capitalism, which BlackLivesMatterUK want to abolish.

It does NOT favour white people. It is not the enemy of the black community.

Capitalism allows free enterprise and entrepreneurialism.

If other communities can flourish under capitalism, so can we!
I think the majority of the UK have now had enough of that organisation.

A new inclusive and politically-neutral anti-racism movement to follow and get behind is much needed.

Black people’s lives matter!

The divisive BlackLivesMatter organisation, however, DOES NOT!
Edit - Sorry, the person is Karl Henry
Last edited by Bin Ont Turf on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: Elizabeth Colburn_Claret

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:24 pm

It seems very much in line with what a lot of people were already saying. There is a difference between black lives matter and Black Lives Matter and most understood that what is being promoted in the Premier League, etc is the former.

I guess it was necessary as there is a minority who want to derail the whole movement with the specific issues they have around some of the messaging of that specific element but I assume that now that has been cleared up they will unequivocally be getting behind it.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:24 pm

Regarding any campaign & football they should be 1 campaign & 1 campaign only, let's kick it out of football the racism campaign does what it says on the tin & that's enough, BLM & any other overshoots are simply not needed, if there was all saying seperate things fair enough but there aren't or don't appear to be doing so anyway. More campaigns just diminish the importance of others especially when it's on the same theme.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1967 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Post by FCBurnley » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:45 pm

Nonayforever wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:30 pm
I have not seen 1 white player doing the black power clenched fist salute but more black players seem to be adopting it. Very negative move on their part imo
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone AfloatinClaret

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:58 pm

aggi wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:24 pm
It seems very much in line with what a lot of people were already saying. There is a difference between black lives matter and Black Lives Matter and most understood that what is being promoted in the Premier League, etc is the former.

I guess it was necessary as there is a minority who want to derail the whole movement with the specific issues they have around some of the messaging of that specific element but I assume that now that has been cleared up they will unequivocally be getting behind it.
This was never clear.

In fact, given that the FA have adopted the stance (literally, "taking a knee"), #BLM and #BlackLivesMatter hashtags, name and slogan of Black Lives Matter it was a de facto endorsement of the Black Lives Matter movement. They have even capitalized the name that has appeared on every player's shirt which further strengthened this apparent endorsement.

Only today have they started to subtlely but distinctly backtrack on this.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:06 am

The FA Premier League, 12th June wrote:A Black Lives Matter logo will also feature on shirts for the remainder of the season
The FA Premier League, 30th June wrote:Premier League players from all 20 clubs united in solidarity with this message and the Premier League supported their request to replace their names on the back of playing shirts with ‘Black Lives Matter’.
A very subtle difference, but a very important one.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 853 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:07 am

I think you'll find that most people who joined in the 'Black Lives Matter' protests, were not even aware that there was an organisation called 'Black Lives Matter', never mind knew that it was a political organisation with views some people might not agree with. I certainly didn't. They just felt that black people do matter as much as anyone else, and quite rightly so.
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 998 times
Has Liked: 2044 times

Post by LeadBelly » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:12 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:29 pm
Before he took the knee, Charisma-Free Keir really should've read the small print.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 83981.html

"Black Lives Matter UK criticises Labour Leader Keir Starmer for dismissing calls to defund the police"
Yes, I spotted the Starmer story today, it's not been greatly reported in the main media but seems to be an important development after the recent sacking of R L-B.
After previously "taking the knee" so publicly he (yesterday morning on TV I think) distanced himself from the "defund the police" element of BLM policy. (I suspect maybe they've done some research in the lost red-wall areas and found that kneeling to people who wish to defund the police is unlikely to turn-round Labour's results there)

As per the R L-B showdown it's a move likely to improve his standing with less extreme left elements but already got flack from (of course) BLM but also some of the young /student Labour movements (who in their naivety somehow dont realize what abolishing the police will lead to (or presumably what bringing down capitalism will lead to)).

I do believe that a lot of people are, at last, coming to realize that BLM is a very Marxist/anarchist organisation (despite that being obvious right from the start to anybody who read their aims). I doubt that the BBC will realize/admit this any time soon though and will probably still be doing the BLM-worship right up to being defunded.
These 3 users liked this post: cockneyclaret Stayingup jrtod61

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:12 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:07 am
I think you'll find that most people who joined in the 'Black Lives Matter' protests, were not even aware that there was an organisation called 'Black Lives Matter', never mind knew that it was a political organisation with views some people might not agree with. I certainly didn't. They just felt that black people do matter as much as anyone else, and quite rightly so.
Imagine going on a protest and not knowing about the cause you were protesting for?

Simpletons
These 4 users liked this post: LeadBelly Damo HahaYeah Stayingup

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:28 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:12 am
Imagine going on a protest and not knowing about the cause you were protesting for?

Simpletons
It's par for the course these days, the woke/sandal wearing culture has taken over the minds of the weak.

You can't stray from the very narrow road to utopia.
These 2 users liked this post: HahaYeah jrtod61

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:36 am

FCBurnley wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:45 pm
I have not seen 1 white player doing the black power clenched fist salute but more black players seem to be adopting it. Very negative move on their part imo
It's akin to 1 white player doing a "banned" open handed salute ...

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:13 am

duplicate
Last edited by cricketfieldclarets on Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:17 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:

Simpletons
I got slated for this at the very time. Saying many didnt even have a clue what they were protesting for.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:07 am

LeadBelly wrote:
Yes, I spotted the Starmer story today, it's not been greatly reported in the main media but seems to be an important development after the recent sacking of R L-B.
After previously "taking the knee" so publicly he (yesterday morning on TV I think) distanced himself from the "defund the police" element of BLM policy. (I suspect maybe they've done some research in the lost red-wall areas and found that kneeling to people who wish to defund the police is unlikely to turn-round Labour's results there)

As per the R L-B showdown it's a move likely to improve his standing with less extreme left elements but already got flack from (of course) BLM but also some of the young /student Labour movements (who in their naivety somehow dont realize what abolishing the police will lead to (or presumably what bringing down capitalism will lead to)).

I do believe that a lot of people are, at last, coming to realize that BLM is a very Marxist/anarchist organisation (despite that being obvious right from the start to anybody who read their aims). I doubt that the BBC will realize/admit this any time soon though and will probably still be doing the BLM-worship right up to being defunded.
This, Starmer has seen Labour polling that he "taking the knee" stunt has gone down like a cup of cold sick in former red wall seats.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:41 am

Gordaleman wrote:
I doubt that. A quick search of Google showed it. It was discussed by some of us on here very early on,absolutely no reason not to believe those joining the protest knew exactly what it stood for.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:52 am

Gordaleman wrote:
I think that you’ll find that the vast majority of the people who didn’t join the protests agree that Black people do matter as much as anyone also, but didn’t feel it appropriate to publicly back a divisive movement amidst a Global pandemic.
These 3 users liked this post: Caballo Stayingup jrtod61

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:04 am

TVC15 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:09 pm
No you don’t speak for black people - yet black lives matters really seems to get your goat.

It seems to me that black people are so behind this movement because campaigns like kick it out whilst it did start years ago are too slow and too conservative.
Of course it’s better than it was in the 1970s and 1980s for black players but they clearly (and rightly) feel that there should be no racism and that the punishments for when it happens are nowhere near strong enough.
Look what’s happened in Italy Serie A this year. Look what happens in most Eastern European countries every time an English team plays them. And look what still happens even in this country.
It’s not zero tolerance to racism is it ?

If black people have decided that they want more change / equality and they want it quicker then not sure why white people have a problem with this. If we are sticking to the debate in football here I don’t see many white players or people in football who don’t agree with this.
If the FA are deciding to distance themselves that says a lot more about the over privileged conservative white dinosaurs running it than it does about anything else. Since when have the FA done anything radical ? - their number one priority has always been protecting their own organisation and to implementing as little change as they can possibly get away with.
Do you honestly think that the BLM movement is the correct vehicle to achieve what they want? I don’t.

As for dinosaurs at the FA, I think it can be argued that their rethink to openly backing BLM shows they are a little more in touch than you give them credit for.

By the way, it’s absolutely right that there needs to be a zero tolerance stance to racism.

There was a need to do something but adopting the name of a politically (wider than one issue) motivated movement
was/is not the right thing to do as it diminishes support amongst those that don’t that agree with ALL that the chosen movement stand for.

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 507 times

Post by Claretforever » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:19 am

Gordaleman wrote:
And this is exactly why it was so divisive and why it was blowing up. As soon as anybody said they didn’t support Black Lives Matter they were shouted down as a far-right racist. The people shouting it likely didn’t understand that those disagreeing with BLM aren’t necessarily far-right, or racist, but don’t agree with the organisation. Once someone begins shouting and screaming though, they rarely stop to listen and reason.

Imagine taking yourself (not you, GDM, I don’t know whether you did or didn’t) off around the country during a pandemic, causing chaos in some places, and not knowing precisely what you’re protesting for though. Madness!

Separately, I saw this last night and, upon checking, it was tweeted on a Political post a few days ago. I wouldn’t normally pay much attention to these comments (I know someone who knows someone...), but the fact within less than 48 hours they made a statement suggests it could be true that they’ve been panicking. I always thought it odd that all footballers were kneeling when the rest of the country seemed split.
Attachments
CEF6B2F9-7B56-4EC6-A548-4711AD454BB2.jpeg
CEF6B2F9-7B56-4EC6-A548-4711AD454BB2.jpeg (122.48 KiB) Viewed 5543 times
These 2 users liked this post: Grumps cockneyclaret

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:53 am

Proves how thick footballers are supporting a left wing Marxists organisation who would strip them of their wealth.

Politics should be kept out of football. BLM have done nothing but make trouble and stir up hatred that wasn't there. Race relations in this country has been set back 40 years due to this left wing Marxist organisation and the pathetic sheep who have been taken in by it
These 10 users liked this post: HahaYeah cockneyclaret Venkys4eva gandhisflipflop Stayingup snapcrackleandpop ClaretMoffitt Accrington claret jrtod61 BennyD

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:02 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:

Simpletons
Most were protesting because they thought it was the right thing to do. Not because they were supporting an organisation called 'Black lives matter' that already existed. I doubt they even knew, especially the none blacks on the protests, and there were plenty of those.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:12 am

Top Claret wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:53 am
Proves how thick footballers are supporting a left wing Marxists organisation who would strip them of their wealth.

Politics should be kept out of football. BLM have done nothing but make trouble and stir up hatred that wasn't there. Race relations in this country has been set back 40 years due to this left wing Marxist organisation and the pathetic sheep who have been taken in by it

Thud. It took a while but we've reached rock-bottom.

Bigbopper
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Bigbopper » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:13 am

It is time to stop this nonsense at football matches. Some of these players are spending more time on their knees than they are on their feet.
This user liked this post: snapcrackleandpop

Local cricketer
Been Liked: 412 times
Has Liked: 87 times

Post by Local cricketer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:23 am

Friendly protest in Burnley on Saturday. Planned by the goons who did the video last week thinking that they speak for us all

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:29 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:02 am
Most were protesting because they thought it was the right thing to do. Not because they were supporting an organisation called 'Black lives matter' that already existed. I doubt they even knew, especially the none blacks on the protests, and there were plenty of those.
What do we want....Not sure.......when do we want want it......want what?!

Protesting because they thought it was the right thing to do.......Absolutely priceless! :lol:
These 2 users liked this post: cockneyclaret HahaYeah

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:31 am

Local cricketer wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:23 am
Friendly protest in Burnley on Saturday. Planned by the goons who did the video last week thinking that they speak for us all
What video?

Venkys4eva
Been Liked: 139 times
Has Liked: 183 times

Post by Venkys4eva » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:32 am

Top Claret wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:53 am

Spot on, the UK BLM is run by momentum and the crazy far left. I have black friends who's lives have been made unbearable by all this cr*p going on and people coming up to them is the street apologising for colonialism (yes seriously). One of my best friends is black and has lived a normal life without racism he always said how fantastic the uk is compared to America and now he feels we've gone back to the 50s.
These 2 users liked this post: Top Claret jrtod61

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:33 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:29 am
What do we want....Not sure.......when do we want want it......want what?!

Protesting because they thought it was the right thing to do.......Absolutely priceless! :lol:
So you don't think it's right that black people are treated equally? Apparently not. I do. That's the difference.
This user liked this post: PhiladelphiaChris