Wood, Rodriguez, JBG and Brady...

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Bigvince
Been Liked: 935 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Re: Wood, Rodriguez, JBG and Brady...

Post by Bigvince » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:11 pm

Wow! Wage stealers, I think that’s a bit harsh on JBG and Brady, they don’t get injured on purpose you know and both contribute when fit, especially JBG. I think it’s worth trying to get them both fit for next season

fzr162
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by fzr162 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:46 pm

going by those comments tiger76 I presume if you got a serious illness you would hand in your notice so you didn't steal a wage.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:49 pm

Starting lineup?

Pope
Bardsley Tarks Mee Taylor
Brownhill Westwood McNeil Pieters
Vydra Jay

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:53 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:45 am
Doesn't sound too promising. Going off those comments JBG and Jay have a chance the rest are out.
But we have Ben Mee. We can't lose. :D

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 673 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:58 pm

I think it's more likely that we'll see Brownhill centrally and McNeil out wide if we play 442.

Alternatively, 451 (same shape as the Palace game) with a midfield of Pieters, Westwood, McNeil, Brownhill and Rodriguez could work.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:01 pm

Wilder's presser.

Burnley are the most talked about football club in our football club. £120million, £120million, £120million, that is what they have done. They have built the club, consistency, honest performances, a brilliant manager. Gives the maximum for his team, takes defeats on the chin and comes flying back and great example for my football club and my players on how to do it and if I am sat here in four or five years time, still a Premier League manager like Sean is, I will be absolutely delighted and we will have had to do a lot of things right consistently year on year.

Burnley get respect from everyone in the league. So let's just carry on doing the same things with the same board and manager.
These 3 users liked this post: summitclaret Bigvince Zlatan

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:04 pm

Doesn't say too much, but what he does say is positive.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... still-good

summitclaret
Been Liked: 833 times
Has Liked: 1324 times

Post by summitclaret » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:04 pm

That comment from Wilder is absolutely brilliant about us.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:09 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:58 pm
I think it's more likely that we'll see Brownhill centrally and McNeil out wide if we play 442.

Alternatively, 451 (same shape as the Palace game) with a midfield of Pieters, Westwood, McNeil, Brownhill and Rodriguez could work.
I agree. Assuming JBG plays from the start, then Brownhill can move into Corkys position, which he will prefer to being wide. Then it's about who plays up front. If Jay Rod doesn't make it then I guess we'll do the same as at Palace.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:29 pm

Bigvince wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:11 pm
Wow! Wage stealers, I think that’s a bit harsh on JBG and Brady, they don’t get injured on purpose you know and both contribute when fit, especially JBG. I think it’s worth trying to get them both fit for next season
Having viewed his stats possibly i was being slightly harsh on JBG, apart from this season, his appearance record wasn't too bad, but Brady's in his 4th season now, and he's played less than 60 PL games in total, i'm baffled why if we're going to have a smaller squad next season, we're relying on him to stay fit regularly, he's also not getting any younger, and it's a position where we could have brought new blood in, and probably younger blood to boot, now i sincerely hope Robbie proves me and other doubters wrong, and if he does great i'll be the first to offer him praise, but his injury record suggests this won't be the case, our wide men have been poor for sometime now, thankfully Dwight's made the step up, otherwise we'd be struggling for creativity.

Their absence hasn't been noted mainly because we're that used to them being missing, but also because we've been on a good run in the last few months, and we've not been this stretched, now that we're down to the bare bones, suddenly their absence is more obvious.

I'd love nothing more than both being fit for next season, but i'll be :o if they are, neither can seem to sustain more than a couple of games before breaking down. Both are ooc at the end of next season, so the onus is on them to prove their worthy of another contract, or persuading another club that they can do a job for them, ultimately it's down to them where their careers go next.

Bigvince
Been Liked: 935 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:59 pm

I still hold out hope that Robbie recovers from his injuries, and recreates the form he was showing prior to his first big injury(Leicester away if my memory serves me right). If he does and gets a run of games, and returns to that form, that’ll do for me.
Don’t forget either that the lad wants to play, and his injury lay offs will have been tough for him

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1997 times
Has Liked: 1142 times

Post by FCBurnley » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:19 pm

Brady was awesome pre injury. Depends more on the mental scars now but he sure has the ability

tybfc
Been Liked: 1304 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by tybfc » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:41 pm

Wood and Barnes have been told to go out jogging during the game with a brown envelope full of five pound notes with sheedyclarets refund and not to return until they have found him. That'll get them fit.

DycheAlmighty
Been Liked: 11 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by DycheAlmighty » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:27 pm

Sadly in terms of options for Sheff Utd we only have two options. Go with the team that finished against Palace, meaning Long at CB and wing backs or pray Gudmundson is fit enough to start the game and play Brownhill centrally.

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:58 pm

Make a statement to the board, put Cork on the bench with his crutches, the press will have a field day.

Lennon or Hendrick would have been very useful against Sheffield and the remainder of the run in.

The team will pretty much pick itself. Playing Brownhill on the right or in central midfield is probably the most pressing consideration. After that it is just a case of slotting in players to complete the line up as best we can.

If Brady is fit, put him in the shop window. Good player and I'm still annoyed that his serious injury hobbled him when he was just starting to come good for us. Without that injury his time with us to date would have been far different. Sadly, he is now in the final year of his contract and we no longer have an extension option. If nothing changes in that regard we will be risking the loss of another valuable player for nothing next year.