New Book - History of Irish Football

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Sausage
Been Liked: 639 times
Has Liked: 441 times

New Book - History of Irish Football

Post by Sausage » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:08 pm

I know there are a few Irish Clarets on here - whether it's by birth, marriage, emigration to the Emerald Isle, whatever.

A mate of mine, Alan Hannify, has spent lockdown writing a book about the history of Irish football through the prism of 12 pivotal football matches involving the national side. Alan is a wonderful bloke; a quiet, softly spoken Irishman who does the best David O'Leary impression I've ever heard. He lives in London but follows the Ireland football team all over the world. He lives and breathes football on all levels and I've spent a fair few evenings in the pub sending him to sleep with stories about the Clarets.

Anyway, Alan's book was published this week and it's a belter. All of the royalties are going to SOSAD Ireland which is a mental health charity dealing with suicide, whether it's people who are feeling suicidal themselves or families and friends of those touched by suicide. It's an incredibly worthy cause which in these times of lockdown is more prescient than ever. So if you have an interest in the Ireland team or know someone who would be interested, this would make a great gift.

Heart and Spirit: A Footballing History of the Republic of Ireland by Alan Hannify is available in paperback or Kindle version here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heart-Spirit-F ... 451&sr=8-1
These 3 users liked this post: JohnMac Wile E Coyote Tribesmen

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1181 times
Has Liked: 637 times

Re: New Book - History of Irish Football

Post by Tribesmen » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:25 pm

Big year next as the FAI are 100 years old