A first. I agree with Jose Mourinho.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Re: A first. I agree with Jose Mourinho.

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:54 pm

BenWickes wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:38 am
Not a contradiction at all. Unless absolutely everything is handed over to VAR, which would turn a 90 minute game into 120 minutes. The referee and his assistants are officiating. They will make mistakes and I am okay with that. It's the inconsistencies that occur when it's handed to VAR and they still get it wrong that need ironing out.
Because VAR within reason & to a certain degree is controlled by humans making the decisions & deciding upon the thresholds of what constitutes a foul, a goal, a infringement ect ect, so basically you've already conceded humans makes errors (which I 100% agree) & now you are supporting a system VAR which is also human led & expecting no mistakes or less mistakes, I'm sorry to break the truth I think you are becoming disillusioned if you honestly expect any system in near enough real time to decide important decisions accurately. Mistakes can only be avoided when time is afforded with various people all agreeing.

charlyt
Been Liked: 70 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by charlyt » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:56 am

English referees are,and have been the butt of many a boo for giving the 'wrong' decision.
I recall that we couldn't wait for VAR to be introduced to rectify the many made wrongly on-pitch.
Now. technology, having replaced the game ref is being vilified for giving mostly the correct verdict, however controversial
Should we stick with the new technology, or ditch it to return to the on-pitch officials?
My own opinion is that the ref should himself be the only arbitrator. there is a screen at pitch-side so he have a look at an incident if unsure for whatever reason.
That, should also cut down on the time taken by the 'elsewhere' official.

exilecanada
Been Liked: 235 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by exilecanada » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:30 am

charlyt wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:56 am

My own opinion is that the ref should himself be the only arbitrator. there is a screen at pitch-side so he have a look at an incident if unsure for whatever reason.
That, should also cut down on the time taken by the 'elsewhere' official.

That sounds perfectly logical to me.