Return Of Local Cricket - Madness

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RBFC
Been Liked: 5 times

Return Of Local Cricket - Madness

Post by RBFC » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:33 pm

First it was the ball now more madness from Boris in crickets attempt for the return of the local game.

"It’s the teas, it’s the changing rooms and so on and so forth. There are other factors involved that generate proximity which you might not get in a gameEg of tennis."

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/new ... rooms.html

How are local clubs and leagues meant to survive if these are the reasons being put out there why cricket can’t return. We are now in July with only 2 months of the season left. All the interest gained from winning the World Cup last year is slowly being lost. It needs to return soon or the amount of people lost to the game will be unthinkable.

CleggHall
Been Liked: 838 times
Has Liked: 1044 times

Re: Return Of Local Cricket - Madness

Post by CleggHall » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:38 pm

Agreed, it's an outdoor game in the fresh air, socially distanced and, if the players are careful, there is no reason why recreational cricket can't be played. There are so many rough and ready rules being dreamt up by the government on lockdown easing. No consistency and illogical, get the wickets pitched!
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:01 pm

I'm baffled that from tomorrow bars and restaurants can open for business, and yet an outdoor sport can't commence, i thought this virus wasn't deemed to be as dangerous in the open air, i'd dearly love to know the thought process behind this decision.

What precisely is the difference between say football, tennis and cricket, all are played with a ball, and the latter 2 are socially distant by and large.

Could it be that local cricket clubs don't generate enough revenue for the chancellor whereas other sectors do.

And surely if local cricket isn't safe, then international cricket isn't either, it's the same ball they're using, and the same rules, same fielding positions etc.

I'm no scientist but you're probably safer attending or playing a cricket match this weekend, than you are going into a packed shopping centre, or other busy indoor spaces.
These 2 users liked this post: Somethingfishy Im_not_Robbie_Blake

tybfc
Been Liked: 1303 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by tybfc » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:14 pm

They can in professional football but in Accrington ............

This evening officers attended a report of 50 adults playing football on the astro turf football pitch at Accrington College.
Needless to say all adults have been warned and given strong words of advice regarding breaching Covid-19 government guidelines.
These are the guidelines...
The government recognises how difficult it has been for people to be cut off from their family and friends in recent months. This has been necessary to help us all stay alert, control the virus and save lives. This guidance explains how you can now see people you do not live with, while protecting yourself and others from coronavirus.

In England, there are 2 ways that you can do this:

meeting outdoors in a group of up to 6 people with those you do not live with, but you should do this while observing social distancing guidelines and keeping at least 2 metres apart
single adult households – in other words adults who live alone or with dependent children only – can form a ‘support bubble’ with one other household. All those in a support bubble will be able to spend time together inside each others’ homes, including overnight, without needing to stay 2 metres apart. We are making this change to support the loneliest and most isolated. It is a targeted intervention to provide extra support to some of those most impacted by the most difficult effects of the current social restrictions, while ensuring we continue to keep the rate of transmission down
You must not:

meet other people indoors – including in their home or your home – unless you are in a support bubble, or for other limited circumstances listed in law
meet outdoors in a group of more than 6 with people who are not in your household or (where applicable) support bubble, or for other limited circumstances listed in law
form a support bubble with another household if neither you nor they are in a single adult household
stay overnight in another household that is not in your support bubble, unless it is for the limited set of circumstances outlined in law

Stay safe
Hyndburn Neighbourhood policing team

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:43 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:01 pm
I'm baffled that from tomorrow bars and restaurants can open for business, and yet an outdoor sport can't commence, i thought this virus wasn't deemed to be as dangerous in the open air, i'd dearly love to know the thought process behind this decision.

What precisely is the difference between say football, tennis and cricket, all are played with a ball, and the latter 2 are socially distant by and large.

Could it be that local cricket clubs don't generate enough revenue for the chancellor whereas other sectors do.

And surely if local cricket isn't safe, then international cricket isn't either, it's the same ball they're using, and the same rules, same fielding positions etc.

I'm no scientist but you're probably safer attending or playing a cricket match this weekend, than you are going into a packed shopping centre, or other busy indoor spaces.
Pubs and restaurants opening is purely an economical decision and to try and save people's businesses/jobs.Amateur sports don't make any money for the government so they're a long way down the list of priorities.
I don't see why cricket can't resume tbh. The changing rooms are generally big enough to keep your distance and the players can bring a packed lunch, no buffets in the tea rooms.
This user liked this post: Stayingup

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:05 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:43 pm
Pubs and restaurants opening is purely an economical decision and to try and save people's businesses/jobs.Amateur sports don't make any money for the government so they're a long way down the list of priorities.
I don't see why cricket can't resume tbh. The changing rooms are generally big enough to keep your distance and the players can bring a packed lunch, no buffets in the tea rooms.
Yeah, agree 100%. And although I'm keen for amateur sport to come back, I can accept that generating tax and saving businesses is the priority. But don't see why it has to be either/or. Playing a non-contact sport outdoors isn't going to add anything to the infection rate so seems an easy one to sort.

We really didn't need another lame excuse either, just say 'we need the money, we're not bothered about anything else right now' and that'd be fine for a while. It doesn't hurt to be honest just occasionally, Boris.

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1712 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by agreenwood » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:12 pm

The approach to cricket is difficult to fathom.

In a similar vein, schools will resume with no social distancing in two months time, but junior football almost certainly won’t.

You can be shoulder to shoulder with children in your age group indoors 5 full days a week, but not outdoors for a few hours?

Vintage Claret
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 607 times

Post by Vintage Claret » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:16 pm

Think the problem with cricket is not so much the social distancing aspect but the handling of the ball as potentially every player could be touching it.

I know with tennis the guidelines were that only one player should bring a set of balls to play with, balls picked up by foot and racquet and serves without actually touching the ball (presumably you'd have to balance it on your raquet and flick it up in the air to serve!)

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 666 times
Has Liked: 2041 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:21 pm

Vintage Claret wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:16 pm
Think the problem with cricket is not so much the social distancing aspect but the handling of the ball as potentially every player could be touching it.

I know with tennis the guidelines were that only one player should bring a set of balls to play with, balls picked up by foot and racquet and serves without actually touching the ball (presumably you'd have to balance it on your raquet and flick it up in the air to serve!)
If players each carried a small bottle of hand sanitizer in their pockets whilst fielding and used it regularly during the innings wouldn't that deal with that concern?

Players could always pad up etc on the benches too outside I'm sure

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:25 pm

Team sports

People who play team sports can now meet to train together and do things like conditioning or fitness sessions but they must be in wholly separate groups of no more than 6 and follow social distancing guidelines. While groups could practice ball skills like passing and kicking, equipment sharing should be kept to a minimum and strong hand hygiene practices should be in place before and after. Physical contact with anyone outside of your household is not permitted, therefore playing of any games (small sided or full) is also not permitted at this time. Avoid meeting in groups of 6 in busy or overcrowded areas, if it is so busy that it is not possible to maintain social distancing at all times.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... recreation

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:26 pm

NottsClaret wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:05 pm
Yeah, agree 100%. And although I'm keen for amateur sport to come back, I can accept that generating tax and saving businesses is the priority. But don't see why it has to be either/or. Playing a non-contact sport outdoors isn't going to add anything to the infection rate so seems an easy one to sort.

We really didn't need another lame excuse either, just say 'we need the money, we're not bothered about anything else right now' and that'd be fine for a while. It doesn't hurt to be honest just occasionally, Boris.
Shouldn't the mental health aspect play a part in these decisions, plus the social contact that some older people could enjoy, plus the purely fitness that players will gain from the return of cricket, everybody knows why there's a desire to reopen the economy, and most people understand the need to get things moving again, for a variety of reasons, but people's physical and mental health are also important.

I've given up to the PM every answering a simple :?: he was asked several straightforward questions at PMQ'S, and he responded with the usual waffle, but very little detail, and yes some honesty wouldn't be a bad thing, he acknowledged in the build, build, build speech that the government had made mistakes in it's handling of this crisis, but when asked for further clarity went all defensive again, if only he and the cabinet could be more open to their failings, they might gain more respect from both the opposition, and the public, we know this is a tough challenge for all governments around the world, but some humility can go a long way.
This user liked this post: Im_not_Robbie_Blake

Vintage Claret

Post by Vintage Claret » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:29 pm

Not entirely John as the hand sanitizer could be transferred onto the ball thus altering the condition of it , plus players would have to remember to sanitize every time they've touched the ball and to avoid touching their faces (the same issues the England and West Indies teams will face but seems it will be ok for them but not amateur cricketers)

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 666 times
Has Liked: 2041 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:32 pm

Thanks Vintage. Hadn't considered the impact on the ball with the use of sanitiser

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:48 pm

Just feels a bit ridiculous now, we're stressing that somehow a game of village cricket is more of a risk than millions of people going to drink in pubs across the country this weekend. Hundreds of thousands of kids are playing together every day in school.

But the risk of a club player having Covid-19 but not knowing it, and not having been tested, turning up to a game, touching a ball which then may carry the virus long enough for someone else to touch it without it being cleaned and then touching their faces. I mean, seriously, that's a bigger risk than going to Primark or a Wetherspoons or the cinema?

Like I said, just say 'there's no money in it' and move onto the next question. The endless lies and ******** really grate now. My kids come up with better excuses off the cuff than him.
These 2 users liked this post: nil_desperandum longsidepies

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:39 pm

Boris has just claimed they'll be publishing guidelines in the next few days to allow cricket to resume sooner rather than later.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:44 pm

Vintage Claret wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:29 pm
Not entirely John as the hand sanitizer could be transferred onto the ball thus altering the condition of it , plus players would have to remember to sanitize every time they've touched the ball and to avoid touching their faces (the same issues the England and West Indies teams will face but seems it will be ok for them but not amateur cricketers)
If this is a genuine concern then they could all wear gloves. It would be the same for both teams.
But I don't see how handling the ball is much different to people touching things in supermarkets / stores and putting them down again - which you see all the time. And with the age / fitness profile of those playing (especially Juniors) the risk of death must be far lower than being struck by the ball, or killed in the car en-route to the ground.
Most players have helmets with visors too, (We see close fielders and wicket keepers wearing them now when spin bowlers are on), so if it was the only way that games could be played then wearing visors so that there is no "aerosol" could also be a compromise.
The County Championship could have gone ahead with paying customers. The average attendance on most of the days of Championship cricket is below 500 and the grounds appear to be virtually empty with that number in.
Attendances for 20 / 20, (if played with spectators) could have been limited to a small number and tickets offered to members first, rather than to those who only ever go to the ground for the 20/20s.
Changing rooms / showers etc are not really necessary for amateur cricket. You can arrive in your whites in the car. It's not as though you play in the rain and mud and need to change back after the game.
Of course, it's slightly more risky playing cricket than not, but the benefits of participation and attending would far outweigh them.
I believe that over 20,000 Britons / year are admitted to hospital after falling out of bed, and 450 die. It makes me really nervous about going to bed, but I've coped for this past 60 odd years. i think cricketers and spectators might similarly weigh up the risks.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Post by Rowls » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:50 pm

This is bizarre. Cricket is one of a handful of sports that can be played whilst social distancing.

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:51 pm

Surely you just turn up in your whites, bring your own grub and pad up from the boot of your car?

As for the ball only 10 people will touch it. The umpire doesn’t need to touch it or could easily officiate whilst wearing gloves. The wicketkeeper wears two pairs of gloves and the other team uses a different ball.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:57 pm

Cricket will resume next weekend.

I've just been on the phone to Boris.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:57 pm

Junior cricket especially should have got going by now. No changing rooms or tea breaks anyway. Just turn up for a few hours in the evening and run around in a big field.
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:58 pm

Bizarre local cricket can’t start but least you can go to the pub from 6am in the morning.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:59 pm

We are delighted that the UK Government have given their permission for recreational cricket to return from next weekend. We will shortly be publishing our approved guidelines to help clubs and players prepare for cricket's return.

ECB have tweeted this

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:00 pm

Rowls wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:50 pm
This is bizarre. Cricket is one of a handful of sports that can be played whilst social distancing.
Your point is correct, but there are a lot more than a handful. There are dozens that spring to mind - without even giving it too much thought.
Tennis, table tennis, badminton, golf, snooker, billiards, darts, a lot of athletics events, cycling, canoeing, weightlifting, shooting, showjumping, many winter sports etc etc.
Most sports are way safer than going to the pub or supermarket, and much better for your well-being.

Vintage Claret

Post by Vintage Claret » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:06 pm

Foulthrow wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:51 pm
Surely you just turn up in your whites, bring your own grub and pad up from the boot of your car?

As for the ball only 10 people will touch it. The umpire doesn’t need to touch it or could easily officiate whilst wearing gloves. The wicketkeeper wears two pairs of gloves and the other team uses a different ball.
Not being pedantic but it's 10 people from each side (each with a new ball) that would likely touch it but anyway look I'm not saying I agree with the alleged reasons for not resuming amateur cricket just relaying what I heard on the tv last night when they were discussing this very topic.

I totally agree the risks seem minimal and it seems crazy not resuming compared to all the other activities going on, I know if I could play cricket again I'd be happy to take the risk as I'm sure many others would.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:17 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:58 pm
Bizarre local cricket can’t start but least you can go to the pub from 6am in the morning.
I take it you've never been in a cricket dressing room, or tea room? That's where Boris said the problem would be, which is understandable having been in a few.....

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Grumps wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:17 pm
I take it you've never been in a cricket dressing room, or tea room? That's where Boris said the problem would be, which is understandable having been in a few.....
But as other have pointed out earlier in the thread. That's got nothing to do with the game itself.
Sitting at tables in the tea room is a bit like being in a pub, but not a part of the actual game, and there have already been many cricket matches where players turn up in their whites and go home in their whites.
The level I played at we never had changing rooms.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 pm

Return of the Los Palmas Seven- Madness

https://youtu.be/oQfZ7mtSK3o

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:26 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:22 pm
But as other have pointed out earlier in the thread. That's got nothing to do with the game itself.
Sitting at tables in the tea room is a bit like being in a pub, but not a part of the actual game, and there have already been many cricket matches where players turn up in their whites and go home in their whites.
The level I played at we never had changing rooms.
But it's the reason he gave.
A lot of tea rooms are self service... Something which is banned, so that needs to change
If changing rooms are out of bounds, fine, otherwise 11 naked men, with no social distancing is a problem

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:32 pm

Players can bring a packed lunch, or the ladies in the tea room can make 20 odd packed lunches up instead of a buffet. That problems easily solved.

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:36 pm

Grumps wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:26 pm
But it's the reason he gave.
It is indeed, but since it's not a part of the game you could apply that logic to almost any activity.
Stores and garden centres have been open for weeks, but not their tea rooms. Why single out cricket?.
It's this lack of coherency, clear-thinking and consistency that has damaged Johnson's credibility.
Last edited by nil_desperandum on Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1036 times
Has Liked: 965 times

Post by MrTopTier » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:37 pm

Back as from next weekend; Government just announced.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5520 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:43 pm

I haven't been following this but it reads as though there has been a massive u-turn in the space of a day.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:50 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:36 pm
It is indeed, but since it's not a part of the game you could apply that logic to almost any activity.
Stores and garden centres have been open for weeks, but not their tea rooms. Why single out cricket?.
It's this lack of coherency, clear-thinking and consistency that has damaged Johnson's credibility.
Not everyone who visits a garden centre goes in the tea room, and is just an extra.
Everyone playing cricket went in the changing room, and those that have them, tea rooms.
I would guess when cricket starts next week, restrictions will be in place around changing rooms, tea rooms and bar areas.

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:51 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:43 pm
I haven't been following this but it reads as though there has been a massive u-turn in the space of a day.
It's generally what this govt. have been doing.
They're not going to allow something or do something, and then a high-profile commentator or celebrity criticises them and within a day there's an abrupt policy change.
Rashford got a swift U turn on feeding children, Michael Vaughan called them Muppets yesterday and within 24 hours ......
Pretty much the same with quarantining too, though that's taken a little longer.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:58 pm

Grumps wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:17 pm

Sorry I didn’t realise there was a rule players had to get changed there and eat in the tea room!?

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:00 pm

Grumps wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:50 pm
Not everyone who visits a garden centre goes in the tea room, and is just an extra.
Everyone playing cricket went in the changing room, and those that have them, tea rooms.
I would guess when cricket starts next week, restrictions will be in place around changing rooms, tea rooms and bar areas.
Sorry to come back on you once again, but there's always been loads of Junior cricket going on where the youngsters go nowhere near the tea rooms.
There aren't any tea rooms at many locations where amateurs and children play cricket. Using tea rooms as an excuse for teams not playing cricket is an extremely weak argument. So weak in fact that the govt. has apparently backed down.
As I understand it cricket is still banned on the beach and in the local park, where the tea room argument is completely bogus. Hopefully we can now look forward to our children playing sports again form next week.
This user liked this post: Bordeauxclaret

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:32 pm

Good news and yet another u turn by Boris and co. Doesn’t take much does it!

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12361 times

Post by Leisure » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:37 pm

Recreational cricket is set to resume from 11 July, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced.

He had earlier told LBC Radio that it was not yet safe to play the game at grassroots level because of issues with "teas and dressing rooms".

However, in a later briefing, he said the government would publish guidelines to help clubs and players prepare for the sport's return. Read our full story here.

England's men are due to play West Indies in a three-Test series in a bio-secure environment from 8 July.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:39 pm

These aren’t so much u turns as adapting to a fast moving live situation where everyone is in new territory . Great to have cricket on its way back though not sure the grassroots league can make a mini season at this stage

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12361 times

Post by Leisure » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:45 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:39 pm
These aren’t so much u turns as adapting to a fast moving live situation where everyone is in new territory . Great to have cricket on its way back though not sure the grassroots league can make a mini season at this stage
A 20/20 comp for the Lancs League hopefully.
This user liked this post: Steve-Harpers-perm

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:47 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Like free school meals during the summer all about adapting!

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:57 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
These aren’t so much u turns as adapting to a fast moving live situation where everyone is in new territory .
Could you please explain what has changed since yesterday that's made playing cricket on the beach, in the park, on the playing fields or at an actual purpose built facility safer than it was 24 hours ago?

Longsidelenny1882
Been Liked: 189 times

Post by Longsidelenny1882 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:01 pm

I think a decent 20 20 compition might go down well over to you lancs league up the colne

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:03 pm

Leisure wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:45 pm
A 20/20 comp for the Lancs League hopefully.
Yeah be interesting to see what the LL do. With two leagues of 12 they could probably squeeze 11 fixtures in if every team played each other once. But I'd agree a big 20/20 comp would be best.

Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 647 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by Andreshotboots » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:19 pm

Can't wait to see Matt Hope running into bowl in full PPE :D
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:23 pm

Thought Suggs had signed for Lowerhouse...

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:24 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:57 pm
Could you please explain what has changed since yesterday that's made playing cricket on the beach, in the park, on the playing fields or at an actual purpose built facility safer than it was 24 hours ago?
Nothing it's just been a bad news story for the government, so they had to backtrack again, this is becoming a habit, maybe if they actually put sensible plans in place before making announcements, they wouldn't have to keep rolling back on their statements.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:25 pm

BenWickes wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:23 pm
Thought Suggs had signed for Lowerhouse...
Nah! that would be madness :)
This user liked this post: BenWickes

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:39 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:03 pm
Yeah be interesting to see what the LL do. With two leagues of 12 they could probably squeeze 11 fixtures in if every team played each other once. But I'd agree a big 20/20 comp would be best.
Why can't they do both?
20 / 20 is generally played in the evening isn't it?
Start in a fortnight and include a couple of double-headers on a weekend and 11 games would take you to Sept 12th.
Round-robin 20 /20 competition on some of the Fridays when it's not a double header.
Scrap the Worsley Cup because a lot of teams are out of it after the first round and all teams need to play cricket now.
This user liked this post: Foulthrow

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5520 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:43 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
I did wonder whether it is a deliberate ploy to make it look like they are listening to the people and to gain support.

Alarge has fallen for it.
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretTony fatboy47