Potential Targets From Bottom Prem Teams

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 673 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Potential Targets From Bottom Prem Teams

Post by Jakubs Tash » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:21 am

A few months ago I think I read an interview with Ian Butterworth where he mentioned (in theory) potentially targeting Norwich players should they go down. As the Championship is usually our main source of incoming players it got me thinking who from the lower Prem teams might be realistically targeted by us this summer.

Norwich City - I would love us to sign Buendia. Can play right or centrally, is only 23/24, technically very strong and puts a real shift in. However, I can see us being more likely linked with Grant Hanley. He's a long-standing target of Dyche and we will need a centre half when Gibson departs.

Bournemouth - Realistically, I can only really see someone like Dan Gosling being linked. His running stats are incredible - very much in the mould of Jack Cork and I think he's around about 30 years old. Not an ideal age...but I could see this one.

Aston Villa - Again, not many 'Burnley types' at Villa Park. But I could see someone like Conor Hourihane being a target. Can play centrally or wide left if required. Seems to be a very decent footballer who could thrive under Dyche.

Watford - The inevitable link I suppose is Craig Dawson. Swap with Gibson perhaps? Probably unlikely..but Dyche has seemingly been trying to sign him for years. Again, age not really on his side.

West Ham United - None. Don't really see any of their players having the personality traits to fit in at a small club in East Lancashire.

BHA - Solly March was linked a few times over the last 18 months or so. I could see this as he is quite industrious and isn't a starter at Brighton this season. Could be a shrewd addition.

Any other realistic targets?

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1766 times
Has Liked: 356 times

Re: Potential Targets From Bottom Prem Teams

Post by claptrappers_union » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:33 am

West Ham United - None. Don't really see any of their players having the personality traits to fit in at a small club in East Lancashire.

Just putting this out there, I know there’s lots of players to pick from but I like Michail Antonio.

Seems like a workhorse kind of player, doesn’t score lots of goals, probably under appreciated but experienced and dependable and I think he’ll make a decent squad player. Seems a Dyche type who we could pick up for not a lot of money.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2829 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:35 am

Kabasele at Watford - if we have to replace Tarks.

Better player than Dawson. if we're just after cover then Dawson might be an option.

But realistically, unless we're looking for players to replace valuable sales (i.e. McNeil or Tarkowski) its very hard to see us being able to afford the sorts of fees that clubs who have gone down (and who will want to keep hold of their talent to come back) will demand for those of their players who are seen as premier league class despite relegation.
This user liked this post: rob63

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 508 times

Post by Claretforever » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:37 am

Norwich - I’d like to see someone like Todd Cantwell replacing Hendrick. Hanley sounds like a good shout from a Gibson replacement perspective.

Bournemouth - Josh King or Ryan Fraser to replace injury prone Brady or, to a lesser extent, JBG.

Watford - Deulofeu is exciting when running at opponents, but perhaps a little greedy for our team? Great player.

Villa - I think there’s only John McGinn who I think I’d want.

West Ham - I really can’t see any of their players fitting in with us.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:41 am

Da Silva on a free from City? He is getting on a bit but if he wants to stay in UK then nothing would need uprooting

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2540 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by ksrclaret » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:54 am

I can actually see us signing Grant Hanley.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:57 am

Me thinks you'd be better off looking at the players who don't get promoted to the Premier League this season.
These 3 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie huw.Y.WattfromWare rob63

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:02 am

Norwich

Cantwell
Godfrey*
Lewis*
Aarons*
Pukki

Villa

Mcginn

Watford

Dawson
Dacoure*
Delefaeu (sp?)
Hughes

Bournemouth

Brookes
L.cook

These are the players I believe would vastly improve us.

*Ones I believe we have little to no hope of getting due to price but would love to see.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:26 am

mdd2 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:41 am
Da Silva on a free from City? He is getting on a bit but if he wants to stay in UK then nothing would need uprooting
Think his £7m/£220k pw salary may be somewhat prohibitive!

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18214 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:31 am

NewClaret wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:26 am
Think his £7m/£220k pw salary may be somewhat prohibitive!
Perhaps he might think about a £180k paycut 🤔

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 186 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:36 am

I don't think we will be signing anyone from Villa. When Drinkwater signed in January the Birmingham Mail reported that his wages were matching the club's highest earner Tom Heaton on £100k per week. So assuming the rest are not too far behind I can't see us signing many Villa players.

Stanbill05
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Stanbill05 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:43 am

You've accidentally missed asterisks off all the other players on that list gandhisflipflop
These 3 users liked this post: jojomk1 bobinho Damo

Jakubs Tash

Post by Jakubs Tash » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:57 am

claretspice wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:35 am
Kabasele at Watford - if we have to replace Tarks.

Better player than Dawson. if we're just after cover then Dawson might be an option.

But realistically, unless we're looking for players to replace valuable sales (i.e. McNeil or Tarkowski) its very hard to see us being able to afford the sorts of fees that clubs who have gone down (and who will want to keep hold of their talent to come back) will demand for those of their players who are seen as premier league class despite relegation.
I get what you're saying (and that money may be tight due to the recent events) but I have deliberately mentioned players who aren't the most valuable players in their current teams and where there might be room to negotiate a deal based on the player wanting to move on. Looking to sign players like Cork and Westwood who were not first choice at their clubs. There's no point mentioning players like Cantwell, Brooks, King etc as IF they are sold they will go for very decent money. However, if we were to try and sign a 30 year old Dan Gosling, for example, I'm not sure how much Bournemouth could realistically ask for him.

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 186 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:00 pm

Let's be realistic last season we signed three players off sides that had missed out on promotion to the EPL. Two ageing ex Prem players and Leeds number two goalie. Not that they have been bad signings, indeed for the money they were bargains, however realistically the club will be shopping in Aldi again and not Waitrose as the rift between the chairman and the manager seems to indicate.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3079 times
Has Liked: 5043 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:03 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:21 am
A few months ago I think I read an interview with Ian Butterworth where he mentioned (in theory) potentially targeting Norwich players should they go down. As the Championship is usually our main source of incoming players it got me thinking who from the lower Prem teams might be realistically targeted by us this summer.

Norwich City - I would love us to sign Buendia. Can play right or centrally, is only 23/24, technically very strong and puts a real shift in. However, I can see us being more likely linked with Grant Hanley. He's a long-standing target of Dyche and we will need a centre half when Gibson departs.

Bournemouth - Realistically, I can only really see someone like Dan Gosling being linked. His running stats are incredible - very much in the mould of Jack Cork and I think he's around about 30 years old. Not an ideal age...but I could see this one.

Aston Villa - Again, not many 'Burnley types' at Villa Park. But I could see someone like Conor Hourihane being a target. Can play centrally or wide left if required. Seems to be a very decent footballer who could thrive under Dyche.

Watford - The inevitable link I suppose is Craig Dawson. Swap with Gibson perhaps? Probably unlikely..but Dyche has seemingly been trying to sign him for years. Again, age not really on his side.

BHA - Solly March was linked a few times over the last 18 months or so. I could see this as he is quite industrious and isn't a starter at Brighton this season. Could be a shrewd addition.

Any other realistic targets?
Buendia, yes, none of the others. Dawson has been the only one to impress since the lockdown, a typical Dyche player, but as said I think his age is against him. We need to lower the age of the squad, or else we are just digging a hole for ourselves in the future. I would have loved Antonio a few years back, but again his work rate means he picks up regular injuries, and he's the wrong age again.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 842 times
Has Liked: 577 times

Post by jojomk1 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:04 pm

For me, the only real prospect of having any chance to sign from Norwich would be McLean - had a reasonable season and certainly an area we still need to strengthen
This user liked this post: Jakubs Tash

Woonderbah
Been Liked: 328 times
Has Liked: 370 times

Post by Woonderbah » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:40 pm

Didn't I read yesterday someone interested in Cantwell at £10m ?
Thought he would be valued at more than that but hopefully we're interested if true.
I'm certain we'll have targets but presume it depends who goes down and who's missing out coming up.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:52 pm

The only trouble with signing too many players from bottom clubs is they get used to losing.

We need players on an upward curve in their career with things still to prove.

But I would love Buendia here if we are sticking with a defensive fullback in Bardsley.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3153 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:54 pm

claptrappers_union wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:33 am
Just putting this out there, I know there’s lots of players to pick from but I like Michail Antonio.

Seems like a workhorse kind of player, doesn’t score lots of goals, probably under appreciated but experienced and dependable and I think he’ll make a decent squad player. Seems a Dyche type who we could pick up for not a lot of money.
Is on £70k pw basic and looking for a deal to the end of his playing career - most West Ham fans desparate to sell as they feel he only turns up for a few games each season

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 546 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:00 pm

Buendia all day long but more than likely out of our price range.

I wouldn’t want Hanley he’s not good enough nor do I like him one bit.

Cantwell will go to an Everton or Tottenham if I had to guess.

Aarons- absolutely but too pricey again.

McGinn - yes but too expensive

Hourihane - can see this one being possible.

Solly March - possible dependant on his play time at Brighton.

As for potential signings , maybe shopping at the teams who don’t gain promotion -

Brentford would be the place to go if they somehow don’t go up - Mbuemo, Benrahma and Watkins the obvious three. All would be great signings for us.

Fulham - Harrison Reed

Forest - Matty Cash - probably too expensive

Derby - Bogle

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:06 pm

I think Antonio would fit our system perfectly on the right hand side.

summitclaret
Been Liked: 833 times
Has Liked: 1324 times

Post by summitclaret » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:15 pm

Just focus on the best championship players. Its worked well for us before.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:42 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:31 am
Perhaps he might think about a £180k paycut 🤔
Why not? I would to play for the Clarets? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do think we are well placed for picking up ex Liverpool, United and City players that don't want to relocate, but think a £180k reduction might just be pushing it a bit too far....
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Jakubs Tash

Post by Jakubs Tash » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:48 pm

mdd2 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:41 am
Obviously you are joking...but I think Silva is off to Qatar, is he not? What a fantastic footballer.

Jakubs Tash

Post by Jakubs Tash » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:51 pm

Hedontplayforyou wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:00 pm

As for potential signings , maybe shopping at the teams who don’t gain promotion -

Brentford would be the place to go if they somehow don’t go up - Mbuemo, Benrahma and Watkins the obvious three. All would be great signings for us.

Fulham - Harrison Reed

Derby - Bogle
I think Harrison Reed is a Southampton player still....but, I agree, he looks a very tidy midfield player. Another we have been linked with previously (last summer I think). Rovers fans loved him!

There's no point metioning the likes of Cantwell, McGinn, Aarons, Benrahma etc.

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 348 times
Has Liked: 150 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:58 pm

Not the most glamorous signing but we could do worse than pick up David Marshall from Wigan as our 3rd choice keeper.

Very experienced and getting to the time in his career where he may be happy enough with 3rd choice and a decent wage.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:59 pm

Think the only player I really want is Buendia. Would just be perfect for us, giving us another central or right option. They signed him for £1.5m a few years ago, so realistically couldn't ask outrageous prices, and prior to that he'd had a career of loans at smaller clubs, so hopefully would be attracted to a mid-table Prem team. Also only on £8k pw, so we could offer him a very good pay rise. Looked at his social media once and he seemed to have a family and looked settled, and is a grafter on the pitch, so hopefully the right mentality to fit in here.

Cantwell and Brooks I'm assuming will go to clubs that will pay higher wages, but it does beg the question that there are a fair few of these players around that we are saying are out of our reach. But realistically, how much competition would their be? Other clubs will be more impacted by Covid than us, and a few already have massive wage bills, so I'm sure we can be at least competitive for one or two.

I'd break the bank on Buendia, or Brooks or Cantwell (if available), perhaps offering the selling club a very decent sell-on clause so that they benefit twice from the original sale and then resale if they go on to be a top player for us. I doubt clubs like Leicester, Spurs, West Ham, Everton, Newcastle will offer that, so could be a good way of putting an attractive package together for the selling club.

Outside of that I would look at the Championship or frees to bolster numbers and bring in young, hungry players.

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 2048 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:00 pm

Hedontplayforyou wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:00 pm

Fulham - Harrison Reed

Derby - Bogle
How has Bogle done for Derby this season? Remember us being linked for him last season (or possibly the season before)

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:09 pm

This time last year I was suggesting swapping buendia for our then third choice England keeper Joe Hart but that didn't get much support. Strangely, I don't think that he did as well in the prem as I had expected. He's given the ball away more than expected. Cantwell has done about as well as expected. I'd rather have him now on this year's performance. Hanley is dreadful. No way. Norwich are where they are as klose has been out all normal season.
Brooks at bournemouth is out of our price range. Wilson is a bottom 6 version of Brooks. I'd take Chris mepham though. He would fit right on already having Burnley traits. He even comes via our feeder club Brentford.
Solly March, yes.
I don't like West ham, villa or Watford so don't know enough about their players to comment.

LordBob
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Post by LordBob » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:09 pm

Jamal Lewis quick left wing back, I like him think some of the big boys will get Cantwell

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:12 pm

JohnDearyMe wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:00 pm
How has Bogle done for Derby this season? Remember us being linked for him last season (or possibly the season before)
The bits I have seen of him he looks way off the level we need.

But he might be a world beater when I'm not watching?
This user liked this post: JohnDearyMe

Jakubs Tash

Post by Jakubs Tash » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:17 pm

timshorts wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:09 pm
Hanley is dreadful. No way. Norwich are where they are as klose has been out all normal season.
For clarity, I don't want the unwashed Hanley......I could just see it as he has been linked previously and SD doesn't tend to waiver too much from his targets.

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4834 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:18 pm

Conor Hourihane would be my realistic go-to. In terms of balance, I think he’d fit perfectly.

Ric_C
Been Liked: 752 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:19 pm

Brooks was awful for Bournemouth yesterday. I like him, but he looks way too lightweight. McNeil is miles the better player at the moment.

TBH also King and Wilson's form has nosedived off a cliff.

Cantwell would be a great signing, but I can't see us getting him. As a previous poster said, I think we may be better shopping for the best young players in the Championship who don't go up.

Also I'm not convinced with Bogle from Derby either, he seems a bit lazy on occasion

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:23 pm

some of those mentioned I would really like but fear we will be priced out, it's not just a few other PL clubs looking but the the three promoted teams probably have similar targets as they try to cherry pick some of these if not all players mentioned. Hanley for example I think S United mentioned the 10 million and manager a big fan but if I remember rightly his club said they would be looking for 30 million.

It's going to be a long transfer period even though likely to be reduced from normal, I would think targets are known and reality is working it's magic where we will be waiting and seeing such that the 3 who drop might be getting desperate to offload some high earners at the end of the transfer period.

Longsidelenny1882
Been Liked: 190 times

Post by Longsidelenny1882 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:29 pm

Saiid on hear many times go and get Jed. Wallace millwall utc

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:14 pm

LordBob wrote:
Jamal Lewis quick left wing back, I like him think some of the big boys will get Cantwell
I mentioned him but with Taylor and McNeil the board may not spend on that area.

Jakubs Tash

Post by Jakubs Tash » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:31 pm

LordBob wrote:
Lewis may well have grown into this season but he got completely bullied and he even looked like he didn't want the ball on the Turf in September as it had got too much for him. The crowd were jeering him!

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:43 pm

Can't think of many of those on the relegation threatened teams we could afford or would want. I mentioned Lewis the other day. Cantwell, bid gone in apparently for £10 million from the Blades for him. Surely they'll want more. Brooks looks to have talent but needs to bulk up. I wouldn't be adverse to bringing in Tim Krul. Excellent penalty stopper. Can't be on that much. May be useful if we reach the Europa League for penalty shoot outs. Agree as things stand we'll be looking at standout Championship players who don't get promoted.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Hipper » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:47 pm

Ric_C wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:19 pm
Brooks was awful for Bournemouth yesterday. I like him, but he looks way too lightweight. McNeil is miles the better player at the moment.

TBH also King and Wilson's form has nosedived off a cliff.

Cantwell would be a great signing, but I can't see us getting him. As a previous poster said, I think we may be better shopping for the best young players in the Championship who don't go up.

Also I'm not convinced with Bogle from Derby either, he seems a bit lazy on occasion
Bournemouth have been on the TV quite a lot lately and he offered very little in a generally pretty poor team. It should be said though that he has just come back from a long injury and these are his first games this season - he only seems to last about 60 minutes at most.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1766 times
Has Liked: 356 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:04 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:54 pm
Is on £70k pw basic and looking for a deal to the end of his playing career - most West Ham fans desparate to sell as they feel he only turns up for a few games each season
I think the problem is, Michail Antonio plays for West Ham - in the last 6 years or so, I can't think of a West Ham player who doesn't 'turn up for a few games or so'. Probably the only ones who ever put a real shift in were Noble and Payet...

The West Ham squad is made of a clusterfuck of overpaid, overpriced, mercenaries and journeymen, signed by a some other failed manager from the recent past - none of which really fit anywhere in an established team. I believe if Antonio was at a decent club like Watford, Crystal Palace or Bournemouth, he'd be highly regarded a bit more.
Last edited by claptrappers_union on Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3153 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:16 pm

claptrappers_union wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:04 pm
I think the problem is, Michail Antonio plays for West Ham - in the last 6 years or so, I can't think of a West Ham player who doesn't 'turn up for a few games or so'. Probably the only ones who ever put a real shift in were Noble and Payet...

The West Ham squad is made of a clusterfuck of overpaid, overpriced, mercenaries and journeymen, signed by a some other failed manager from the recent past - none of which really fit anywhere in an established team. I believe if Antonio was a decent club like Watford, Crystal Palace or Bournemouth, he'd be highly regarded a bit more.
you missed out that some players are signed directly by Sullivan and/or his son - which just underlines how bonkers the approach is

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:18 pm

This is just a list of players we can’t afford - or in many cases want.
To put things in perspective, Norwich want £50m for Godfrey. Our maximum is likely to be 10-15m at best which puts nearly all these players way beyond our reach

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3079 times
Has Liked: 5043 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:24 pm

LordBob wrote:
Can't say I'm an expert on Norwich players, but Lewis looked shite against Watford. Gave away a cheap free kick for the equaliser, and caught out of position far too often going walk about, he wasn't in sight when Welbeck got the winner.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:38 pm

Everyone saying sign Cantwell. Are you expecting Dyche to change the way we play? To start passing through midfield? More possession based?

Because that's what we would need to do to let him shine here.

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 300 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:03 pm

As above I don’t think Cantwell is at all realistic or even useful for us. Buendia is much more likely and would be great but maybe again too expensive. That’s the perfect player for us to go for. If the price of premier league quality is too much we should be looking into the championship with players such as Eliasson and Bright Osayi Samuel who we have been linked with.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:19 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:23 pm
Hanley for example I think S United mentioned the 10 million and manager a big fan but if I remember rightly his club said they would be looking for 30 million.
Are you sure you have got the right player ? He only cost Norwich £5m and he’s gone even further backwards since then.
Even in the mad world of football I would be amazed if Norwich would be looking for £30 million for him - nearer to £3m and they’d be lucky to get that. Awful player.

He was rumoured to be going on loan to Blackburn last year !

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:25 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:19 pm
Are you sure you have got the right player ? He only cost Norwich £5m and he’s gone even further backwards since then.
Even in the mad world of football I would be amazed if Norwich would be looking for £30 million for him - nearer to £3m and they’d be lucky to get that. Awful player.

He was rumoured to be going on loan to Blackburn last year !
yes, right player, right club, the thing is it's a rumour and obviously can be wrong but what I heard.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:30 pm

only newspaper talk but it's amusing - apparently Norwich have put a 50 million pound price tag on defender Ben Godfrey - so that makes Tarks worth approximately 250 million

Same paper also says Sheff Utd want Todd Cantwell for around 10 million (zero chance at that price)
This user liked this post: KateR

DCWat
Been Liked: 4142 times
Has Liked: 3604 times

Post by DCWat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:33 pm

McGinn was the sort of signing we should have looked to make before Villa stepped in. Now, it’s unfortunately unrealistic.

Conor Hourihane looked OK in the Championship, particularly at Barnsley, but I’ve not seen enough from him in this league, he appears to be a bit in and out of the Villa side.

Cantwell looks a great prospect with an eye for goal, a touch of skill and a good engine. I’d have thought he’d be out of our range, but a good call.