Brady

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
warksclaret
Been Liked: 1698 times
Has Liked: 790 times

Re: Brady

Post by warksclaret » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:16 am

The last 7 games has emphasised the importance of having a dependable squad. Players like Pieters, Brownhill, Rodriguez, Long, Vydra who were not regulars pre Christmas, have shown they can come in and perform well. With recent departures we need to bring the best out of Brady and JBG and keep them motivated. Brady I am certain has lots to give-a good pre-season and we suddenly have genuine competition for places

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:24 am

With Brady / JBG, for me, it's pretty much all about how long they can last before they're injured again. They're a ticking time bomb where it's 'when' not 'if' they'll get injured again. We have Brady/McNeil down the left. We need a new player for the right to work his way into the side as an alternative to JBG. Brownhill/Westwood/Cork for the central positions.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4143 times
Has Liked: 3606 times

Post by DCWat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:39 am

Iloveyoubrady wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:24 am
Gudmundsson and Brady are both very good players at this level, but both haven’t played for months, so have reason to be a little rusty.

Thing is, when we bought them, neither had ever been injury prone players in their career. We have been very unlucky to lose them both for long periods as they offer creativity that only really Dwight does.
I think we should have a superlatives scoring system on this board. What is above “a very good player at this level”, does it jump to the much used “outstanding” and is there something above this?

If we are talking about the players in the league as a whole, I’d class someone like Jesus as a very good player and then someone such as Silva as outstanding.

Brady is probably average at best, when comparing to Premier League players. He’s certainly not a very good Premier League player.

Pre injury, he was looking like an above average Premier League player and that’s a big compliment as opposed to a negative view of him.

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 300 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:47 am

DCWat wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:39 am
I think we should have a superlatives scoring system on this board. What is above “a very good player at this level”, does it jump to the much used “outstanding” and is there something above this?

If we are talking about the players in the league as a whole, I’d class someone like Jesus as a very good player and then someone such as Silva as outstanding.

Brady is probably average at best, when comparing to Premier League players. He’s certainly not a very good Premier League player.

Pre injury, he was looking like an above average Premier League player and that’s a big compliment as opposed to a negative view of him.

I wasn’t really comparing JBG and Brady to top six players, as they are above our level. I was thinking along the lines of “good mid table players.” To us, they are some of our best footballers technically so I’d class them as “very good” for our level.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 674 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:51 am

I'd be intrigued to see Brady, McNeil and JBG all play in a midfield 5 in one of these remaining games.

Re: Brady, I always feel like he's more comfortable centrally rather than out wide.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5100 times
Has Liked: 5168 times

Post by Rowls » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:58 am

Brady was one of our star players before his injury. If he can recapture that form then it's a good thing for Burnley FC.

Happy to see him back and looking sharp.

vinrogue
Been Liked: 319 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by vinrogue » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:05 am

Brady was having the time of his life before injury, playing well, creating goals and enjoying being a Burnley player. I would love to see him regain that and then push to start, it would bring out the best in those feeling comfortable they are shoe in starters. I also like that side of his play that is a little Bardsley esk if you know what I mean. Get that form back and push the squad.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:14 am

Iloveyoubrady wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:47 am
I wasn’t really comparing JBG and Brady to top six players, as they are above our level. I was thinking along the lines of “good mid table players.” To us, they are some of our best footballers technically so I’d class them as “very good” for our level.
Sorry, I was being a little pedantic.

Pre his injury, Brady was on a great run of form. It had taken him a while to reach that level.

I’ve not seen anything since his return to suggest he’s anywhere near getting back to that level and I was a little surprised by the contract extension, based on this.

However, if we can get him back to where he was and keep him there, he’d be a real asset to the team. Fingers crossed, for him and for us.

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 637 times

Post by Tribesmen » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:31 am

The thing is Robbie has it in his locker and when he is on form he is a joy to watch , we all saw that pre Leicester before the injury .

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:38 am

Tribesmen wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:31 am
The thing is Robbie has it in his locker and when he is on form he is a joy to watch , we all saw that pre Leicester before the injury .
Unfortunately, he only seems to be 'On form' for one game in ten. (Maybe when he's up against a dodgy FB?) That doesn't help us a great deal.

Anyway, he's a Burnley player for another year at least, so let's hope he gets his game together pre season and finally starts to deliver his apparent abilty.

Sarum
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 323 times

Post by Sarum » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:46 am

Here's a few opinions about Robbie's variable performances from Norwich fans before he left. They do sound a bit familiar...

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/norwi ... oms-110788

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1695 times
Has Liked: 2534 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:47 am

Over 2 and a half years since his injury. That is a very long time to be essentially inactive. I think we all know the ability he possesses but I just wonder whether his motivation is to try and get back to what he can do or just remain injury free. If it's the latter then I think it's safe to say we've probably seen the best of him.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:49 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:17 am
Do you always make something up before you post? At no time did I ever say "Folk don’t care about black lives like I do." So don't lie about what I've said.

As for Brady, he loses the ball far more often than he ever does anything useful with it. He's been like Chris Eagles, one good game in ten. Yet when we had a phone in for Man of the Match, all the girlies voted for him and he won nearly every time he played.

Maybe you like his hair?
EXHIBIT ONE
Gordaleman wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:33 am
So you don't think it's right that black people are treated equally? Apparently not. I do. That's the difference.
There are many other posts on that thread where you infer you care and others don't.

cblantfanclub
Been Liked: 118 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by cblantfanclub » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:49 am

A few weeks ago to pass a little time in lockdown I went on clarets player and watched a few old games. This included 3 or 4 games prior to Brady's injury. I thought little of it till this thread came up. Two things I noticed on second viewing was how good Cork was and how ordinary Brady was. Really couldn't see all this best form of his life stuff. Pretty average with the odd bit of quality.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:51 am

Sarum wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:46 am
Here's a few opinions about Robbie's variable performances from Norwich fans before he left. They do sound a bit familiar...

Yes, those comments sum him up precisely.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:52 am

cblantfanclub wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:49 am
A few weeks ago to pass a little time in lockdown I went on clarets player and watched a few old games. This included 3 or 4 games prior to Brady's injury. I thought little of it till this thread came up. Two things I noticed on second viewing was how good Cork was and how ordinary Brady was. Really couldn't see all this best form of his life stuff. Pretty average with the odd bit of quality.
Precisely. Average at best.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:54 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:49 am
EXHIBIT ONE

There are many other posts on that thread where you infer you care and others don't.
Took you a long while to find that and even then, I was asking YOU a question which I don't think you ever answered.

Anyway, it seems by recent posts that a few people agree with me about Brady. See Sarum's post above.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:58 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:54 am
Took you a long while to find that and even then, I was asking YOU a question which I don't think you ever answered.

Anyway, it seems by recent posts that a few people agree with me about Brady. See Sarum's post above.
I've been working. Surprisingly I am not sat here waiting for you to post more ********.

Look back at the thread, I answered each and every point you raised.

Not sure anyone agrees that last night, Brady was a waste of a sub, as you stated, but so be it.

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:48 pm

DCWat wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:14 am

I’ve not seen anything since his return to suggest he’s anywhere near getting back to that level and I was a little surprised by the contract extension, based on this.
Had we not triggered his contract extension he would have probably left on a free with Hendrick.

Like others, I think he is a good player and he was unlucky to be hit with a nasty injury when things were coming good for him and us.

However, he is now in the last year of his contract with no option of an extension. If he doesn't sign up to a new contract ahead of next season, or we don't have any intention of offering him one, then I would like to see us put him in the shop window and sell him in the next window.

Losing a quality player, and putting the need to find a replacement into the hands of our recruitment isn't ideal, but it would be better than watching another valuable asset walk out of the door for nothing.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:55 pm

Maybe Norwich would take him back, though I'm not sure their fans would want him.

Thanks to Sarum for that link.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 514 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:51 pm

I must have missed the bit where everyone agreed Brady was a "waste of space".......

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:55 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:48 pm
Had we not triggered his contract extension he would have probably left on a free with Hendrick.

Like others, I think he is a good player and he was unlucky to be hit with a nasty injury when things were coming good for him and us.

However, he is now in the last year of his contract with no option of an extension. If he doesn't sign up to a new contract ahead of next season, or we don't have any intention of offering him one, then I would like to see us put him in the shop window and sell him in the next window.

Losing a quality player, and putting the need to find a replacement into the hands of our recruitment isn't ideal, but it would be better than watching another valuable asset walk out of the door for nothing.
I’m not sure if the sums (or other elements) would have worked but I’d have seen more merit in not extending Brady’s contract and putting the saving towards extending Hendrick’s contract.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:58 pm

DCWat wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:55 pm
I’m not sure if the sums (or other elements) would have worked but I’d have seen more merit in not extending Brady’s contract and putting the saving towards extending Hendrick’s contract.

Had he not signed we would be in need of a new whipping boy

nyclaret
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by nyclaret » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:16 pm

Let’s be real here. Brady has simply not been good enough since his injury. He’s looked lightweight and at times completely lost on the pitch. It’s a shame it hasn’t worked out but sometimes these things happen.
This user liked this post: Gordaleman

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11047 times
Has Liked: 5656 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:19 pm

pre-injury, the form he was in, he was our best player.

I'd give him until the winter transfer window next season to see if his injuries improve and he can regain some form - no doubt there is a good player in there, just about consistency. If he's not at a good level then clearly we would be better replacing him.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1698 times
Has Liked: 790 times

Post by warksclaret » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:24 pm

Lets not write off an international when in the past 7 games we have had at least 4 subs on the bench with ZERO minutes of the first team football between them. Have faith in SD who will want him challenging the starting 11

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:29 pm

On the few occasions Brady has been given the opportunity to play he as looked a liability, he loses far to much possession
This user liked this post: Gordaleman

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:10 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:40 am
You've told us how "moral" you are in the past, implying some sort of superiority complex.
Hi Gordy mate. The trouble with morals and morality is that they are not concrete or fixed. They are dependant on who you are talking to or which culture you are in. Most people are moral in some way but those morals may differ and who’s to say who is right? If anyone. Part of the worlds ills over the centuries has been down to people ‘forcing’ their morals on people who think differently.
Edit: sorry Uwe, posted on the wrong quote. Was talking to Gordaleman.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:14 pm

houseboy wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:10 pm
Hi Gordy mate. The trouble with morals and morality is that they are not concrete or fixed. They are dependant on who you are talking to or which culture you are in. Most people are moral in some way but those morals may differ and who’s to say who is right? If anyone. Part of the worlds ills over the centuries has been down to people ‘forcing’ their morals on people who think differently.
House, I'm not forcing my morals on anyone. I responded to a question (I think it was about Trump.) and just said "I have morals, Trump and Johnson don't.) Trouble is, if someone on here doesn't like you, they jump on every little thing and say you've said something that you haven't. Effectively lying about you.

The same sort of people who got this site closed down earlier today.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:00 pm

Gman, I like the resilience you demonstrate. You make up your mind about a player, topic or whatever and never deviate. Good examples being Heaton, Wood, Hart. They're either great or sh×t and no matter how they perform they remain great or sh×t.
Makes life simple doesn't it

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:11 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:00 pm
Gman, I like the resilience you demonstrate. You make up your mind about a player, topic or whatever and never deviate. Good examples being Heaton, Wood, Hart. They're either great or sh×t and no matter how they perform they remain great or sh×t.
Makes life simple doesn't it
Well the examples you quote make it easy. Heaton was always brilliant. Wood has always been wooden, looks lazy but gets goals due to brilliant knock downs from Tarky and Ben Mee. Hart? Well, just look at his goals against record over the last four years.

Lots of people on here thought we should have started last night with Vydra ahead of Wood, and Vydra's knock down which Wood somehow contrived to miss was just brilliant. OK, he scored from a penalty but let's be honest, most people do.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3161 times
Has Liked: 6751 times

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:28 pm

Brady was looking brilliant before his very serious injury.
The club has an admirable attitude towards players who have suffered bad injuries while at BFC in recent seasons, Kevin Long, Dean Marney, Sam Vokes and Tom Heaton spring to mind. We have been well served by these players after their recoveries, no reason to doubt that Brady will justify his place in the squad.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:42 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:11 pm
Well the examples you quote make it easy. Heaton was always brilliant. Wood has always been wooden, looks lazy but gets goals due to brilliant knock downs from Tarky and Ben Mee. Hart? Well, just look at his goals against record over the last four years.

Lots of people on here thought we should have started last night with Vydra ahead of Wood, and Vydra's knock down which Wood somehow contrived to miss was just brilliant. OK, he scored from a penalty but let's be honest, most people do.
That summary of Wood is embarrassing - dig yourself any further into that hole and you’ll end up near Chris Wood’s mum and dad’s house !
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:44 pm

I hope you're right about Brady because injury free and on top of his game he will be a real asset to us maintaining our status.
Big ifs though but all we can do is keep our fingers crossed the player is motivated towards the club and his manager and teammates

nyclaret
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by nyclaret » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:46 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:28 pm
Brady was looking brilliant before his very serious injury.
The club has an admirable attitude towards players who have suffered bad injuries while at BFC in recent seasons, Kevin Long, Dean Marney, Sam Vokes and Tom Heaton spring to mind. We have been well served by these players after their recoveries, no reason to doubt that Brady will justify his place in the squad.
I think Brady’s chance has come and gone to be honest. And a certain Dwight McNeil has taken his place in the team.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3161 times
Has Liked: 6751 times

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:50 pm

nyclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:46 pm
I think Brady’s chance has come and gone to be honest. And a certain Dwight McNeil has taken his place in the team.
That's why I specifically said "squad"

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:59 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:42 pm
That summary of Wood is embarrassing - dig yourself any further into that hole and you’ll end up near Chris Wood’s mum and dad’s house !
If people wind me up, do you expect me to just lie down and take it? We look far better when Vydra is on the pitch and when J Rod is fit again, I hope they start together.

It's an opinion, and you and Bosscat are entiled to yours.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:09 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:59 pm
If people wind me up, do you expect me to just lie down and take it? We look far better when Vydra is on the pitch and when J Rod is fit again, I hope they start together.

You sound a bit unhinged to be honest ! Have a rest from the board - it will do you the world of good.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion but when you start making up stuff like you have on where he gets his goals from its all starts to sound a bit crazy.

Do you know how many assists Tarks and Mee have in total for Burnley ?
And do you know how many of them assisted Chris Wood in scoring ?

As I said take a rest from the board.
This user liked this post: fidelcastro

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:25 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:09 pm
You sound a bit unhinged to be honest ! Have a rest from the board - it will do you the world of good.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion but when you start making up stuff like you have on where he gets his goals from its all starts to sound a bit crazy.

Do you know how many assists Tarks and Mee have in total for Burnley ?
And do you know how many of them assisted Chris Wood in scoring ?

As I said take a rest from the board.
I guess you can't spot a wind up when you see one and it wasn't aimed at YOU. I actually thought Wood was terrible when we first got him and to be honest, he still looks like he couldn't care less, but he does score goals. So would Vydra if he got a run with J Rod and our football would be a lot easier on the eye. At the moment, Vyds must wonder what he has to do to get a game and it won't help him knowing he's likely to be pulled off every time he plays.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:28 pm

More than a little patronising to ask another poster to take a rest from posting
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat FactualFrank

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8512 times
Has Liked: 18257 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:35 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:59 pm

Bloody hell GD leave me out of it 🤣🤣🤣

Bigvince
Been Liked: 937 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:36 pm

if you agree with gordaleman or not, which I certainly don’t.he is entitled to his opinion . No matter how far off the mark you might think he is, let him have his opinion, it all leads to healthy debate which is what this board should be about. Don’t resort to insults and cheap shots!!!
These 3 users liked this post: Gordaleman Elizabeth DCWat

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:38 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:35 pm
Bloody hell GD leave me out of it 🤣🤣🤣
Don't 'Like' posts that are critical of me then pal. :lol: :P :lol:

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:41 pm

Vydra's improved our play, and he links up well with Jay, however if he's going to be considered a first-choice striker, he needs to start burying his chances.

Chris Wood for all his faults has hit double figures in the PL for the 3rd season running, and ultimately strikers are judged on their goal return.

Wood, Jay and to a lesser extent Barnes have shown that they can net at this level, Vydra has scored a couple of good goals, but he doesn't inspire confidence when he gets his chances, now this might improve if he could bag a goal in our last couple of games, and yes all strikers will miss sitters, as Wood did last night, but the jury's still out on Vydra as a natural goalscorer, he does help us stretch the play when he starts, but he needs to start netting if he wants to keep his starting place, he is above Ash right now in the pecking order, but Jay Rod and Woody are our most potent pairing, so if both are fit then both play, Vydra does give us a useful option off the bench though.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:50 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:41 pm
Vydra's improved our play, and he links up well with Jay, however if he's going to be considered a first-choice striker, he needs to start burying his chances.

Chris Wood for all his faults has hit double figures in the PL for the 3rd season running, and ultimately strikers are judged on their goal return.

Wood, Jay and to a lesser extent Barnes have shown that they can net at this level, Vydra has scored a couple of good goals, but he doesn't inspire confidence when he gets his chances, now this might improve if he could bag a goal in our last couple of games, and yes all strikers will miss sitters, as Wood did last night, but the jury's still out on Vydra as a natural goalscorer, he does help us stretch the play when he starts, but he needs to start netting if he wants to keep his starting place, he is above Ash right now in the pecking order, but Jay Rod and Woody are our most potent pairing, so if both are fit then both play, Vydra does give us a useful option off the bench though.
Good post, but I think Vydra's problem is he knows that if he doesn't score he'll be hooked off. That doesn't seem to happen the same with Wood and J Rod. It can't help his confidence.

Vydra is a natural goalscorer and proved it in the Championship by being the leading scorer.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:50 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:38 pm
Don't 'Like' posts that are critical of me then pal. :lol: :P :lol:
I 'like' lots of posts GD not just because they criticise you ... 🤣🤣🤣

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:51 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:50 pm
Good post, but I think Vydra's problem is he knows that if he doesn't score he'll be hooked off. That doesn't seem to happen the same with Wood and J Rod. It can't help his confidence.

Vydra is a natural goalscorer and proved it in the Championship by being the leading scorer.
Wasn't Wood top Championship goal scorer when we signed him 😁

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:53 pm

Bosscat wrote:
I 'like' lots of posts GD not just because they criticise you ... 🤣🤣🤣
How I'd love Vyds to get a hat trick at Norwich, because I doubt JRod will play. :D :) :D

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:54 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:51 pm
Wasn't Wood top Championship goal scorer when we signed him 😁
Doubt it.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:59 pm

Gordaleman wrote:

Yes he's showed he can do it, but when your lacking confidence things don't go for you, take the chip against Watford, if he was on a roll that would go in instead of hitting the post, and the same with his chance against Sheff Utd, because he knows he needs to impress he's snatching at chances when they come, what he needs is a scrappy 6 yard box goal, however it comes, then he'll be back up and running, we're fortunate that the forward line is one place we're well stocked, all 4 have played their part throughout the season, and that's exactly what you require in this league.