Xpert11 - Clarets Championship - Recruiting for Season 56

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Mattster
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Xpert11 - Clarets Championship - Recruiting for Season 56

Post by Mattster » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:29 am

Hello everyone.

With the football season ending soon here's a way to get your fix over the next couple of months (and beyond)!

Xpert11 is an online football management game that lets you build a team, set the tactics, make the press releases all whilst competing against like-minded people. It can take as little as 10 minutes a week to as much as 20 minutes an hour if you get hooked.

We have a Clarets Championship where there are currently around 40 active teams managed by Clarets fans. We're about to enter our 56th season.

If this sounds even slightly interesting to you then why not give it a go? You can sign up at the website http://www.xperteleven.com" once registered you can find the league using the league ID 43119. I'll then need to approve the application which will take up to a maximum of 24 hours.

You will be able to either take over an existing team that's sacked it's manager (for inactivity, not poor performance - you can be as poor as you want and stay in the job!) or start up an entirely new team.

The season will be a week or two away from starting but best to sign up now to get in before the door closes and so you can get the most from pre-season.

Any questions please feel free to fire away and I, or one of the league's many managers, will answer.

Thanks for your time!

MattKL
League Admin and manager of Padiham Beach

Falcon
Been Liked: 893 times
Has Liked: 1172 times

Re: Xpert11 - Clarets Championship - Recruiting for Season 56

Post by Falcon » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:40 am

I've been playing this game for 17 years now, and it's a great little time-waster.

Would definitely give it a go if you've never tried it. If you're a 'lapsed' addict, we'd also love to welcome you back.

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 835 times
Has Liked: 544 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:23 pm

Highly recommended! 5 minutes every few days or every day it’s totally up to you.

Great fun.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:41 pm

Falcon wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:40 am
I've been playing this game for 17 years now, and it's a great little time-waster.

Would definitely give it a go if you've never tried it. If you're a 'lapsed' addict, we'd also love to welcome you back.
17 years? Crikey.

I played it several years ago - well, probably more like 2007-2008, but I gave up as it seemed that new players to the game basically had no chance of catching up the others, as it was more about length of time to get ratings added to the players.

williamjblazkowicz
Been Liked: 176 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by williamjblazkowicz » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:11 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:41 pm
17 years? Crikey.

I played it several years ago - well, probably more like 2007-2008, but I gave up as it seemed that new players to the game basically had no chance of catching up the others, as it was more about length of time to get ratings added to the players.
I've been playing for just a year or so and haven't found this to be the case. Mind you, I spend a fair bit of time on it but as others have said, you can really spend as much time as you want. Since I took over my team, we've gone from mid-table in the second division to 5th spot in the top flight -- all in the space of about 3 or 4 seasons. There are one or two teams that we've always struggled against but I feel like I'm bridging the gap by playing and improving youngsters (more of a long-term plan) while also bringing in high skill veterans (seeking short-term success).

Anyway, I definitely recommend this game and think it's really good fun. Some of the press releases people write are a good laugh as well.

Mattster
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by Mattster » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:36 pm

williamjblazkowicz wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:11 pm
I've been playing for just a year or so and haven't found this to be the case. Mind you, I spend a fair bit of time on it but as others have said, you can really spend as much time as you want. Since I took over my team, we've gone from mid-table in the second division to 5th spot in the top flight -- all in the space of about 3 or 4 seasons. There are one or two teams that we've always struggled against but I feel like I'm bridging the gap by playing and improving youngsters (more of a long-term plan) while also bringing in high skill veterans (seeking short-term success).

Anyway, I definitely recommend this game and think it's really good fun. Some of the press releases people write are a good laugh as well.
Agree with this. It's roughly 4 seasons a year. You can get success quickly by buying experience, take a longer journey by buying/developing youth or do a blended approach.

I recently ditched my multiple title winning team of 40+ seasons to take over the worst side in the league. I'm 2 seasons in to a rebuild going down the youth route which is the one that takes the longest. Still in the 2nd Division but finishing midtable instead of dead last, I expect to be back in the top division in around 4 or 5 seasons time. So that's taking some time but like Football Manager the fun is in the journey anyway!