BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER/AUTUMN 2020 (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 833 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:00 am

Don’t think Dyche likes that type of CM though? All our CMs over the last 7 years have been athletic, two touch, move it on quickly players who can put a foot in and tackle. None of them above 6 ft.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1696 times
Has Liked: 789 times

Post by warksclaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:18 am

A dear friend of mine is an avid Oxford fan, watching them home and away. I asked him about Brannagan and he had not heard of any potential move, and he has a number of contacts at the club. Told me he is a wonderful League 1 player, who he feels can step up easiliy to the Championship, but not convinced he could cut it in the PL. Tendancy to get yellow cards this season.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:25 am

warksclaret wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:18 am
A dear friend of mine is an avid Oxford fan, watching them home and away. I asked him about Brannagan and he had not heard of any potential move, and he has a number of contacts at the club. Told me he is a wonderful League 1 player, who he feels can step up easiliy to the Championship, but not convinced he could cut it in the PL. Tendancy to get yellow cards this season.
I wouldn’t have any issue with us starting to harvest some of the more talented League One/lower Championship players and loaning them back out - it’s what you’d expect as a Prem club and would be good planning to have some decent Championship-standard players waiting in the wings should the worst happen - but if realistically that’s all we can attract as first team players whilst paying £30-£50k pw in the Prem, there’s something very wrong.

I think people often assume we’re really bad payers. We pay very well when compared with Norwich, Villa, last year (to name just two) - the top Championship players should be well within our reach.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4183 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:27 am

Being linked with a player in League 1 doesn't mean that is all we can attract.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3861 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:36 am

NewClaret wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:25 am
I wouldn’t have any issue with us starting to harvest some of the more talented League One/lower Championship players and loaning them back out - it’s what you’d expect as a Prem club and would be good planning to have some decent Championship-standard players waiting in the wings should the worst happen - but if realistically that’s all we can attract as first team players whilst paying £30-£50k pw in the Prem, there’s something very wrong.

I think people often assume we’re really bad payers. We pay very well when compared with Norwich, Villa, last year (to name just two) - the top Championship players should be well within our reach.
Wages are always a year behind, so you will only know Villa and Norwich championship bill.

But Hearon went from 35k a week here to 100k a week at Villa.
That's what we are up against.

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:37 am

We pay just as well as some decent sized European clubs. There is absolutely no reason why we cannot compete with them for players. Our problem with recruitment is that we tend to keep ourselves locked into a very expensive market. Our scouting is poor make no bones about it.
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:39 am

CharlieinNewMexico wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:00 am
Don’t think Dyche likes that type of CM though? All our CMs over the last 7 years have been athletic, two touch, move it on quickly players who can put a foot in and tackle. None of them above 6 ft.
For that reason I think Buendia would be perfect for us. Was in the top 5 PL players in terms of both tackles and assists last year, so gets stuck in as much as he creates. Good engine too, can run with the ball (which we don’t have so much of in central midfield) and can get out of tight spaces - calm things down when we’re under pressure by getting his foot on it when we usually hoof it.

Positionally, could play central or right of a 4-4-2, in a number 10 role, or inside right of a 4-5-1 (which I’d like to see us play next year against the City’s etc, that tend to knock a lot past us) with an out-and-out winger next to him. So tactically we would have a lot more options.

Leeds are allegedly “leading the race” and have been “quoted £25m” - if you believe the paper talk. For me he’s a snip at that and we should be all over it for a transformative player.

At the complete other end of the spectrum is Billing at Bournemouth. I thought he was great against us, albeit I also saw some poor performances later in the season. Others have said his style is languid and that wouldn’t fit in here, but I think he’d be a good option off the bench and would add to our physical presence.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:49 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:36 am
Wages are always a year behind, so you will only know Villa and Norwich championship bill.

But Hearon went from 35k a week here to 100k a week at Villa.
That's what we are up against.
The site I always use for wages says Heaton was on £42k?! Their top earner and most likely because he came from us!

He appears to have disappeared from their team sheet now but Mirror still quoting them:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... 9-21248170

I don’t know whether this or £100k is correct as I have no idea where Spotrac get their data from, but always seems more realistic (and shows us to be very decent payers, if not competitive with the WHU’s, etc).

DCWat
Been Liked: 4139 times
Has Liked: 3603 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:54 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:48 am
Brownhill is a CM. He could do you a job on the right, but is far more effective in the middle.
Dwight is a LW, who could do you a job in the middle, but is far more effective whipping those crosses in from the left.

I'm happy for Brownhill to start in CM, he gets better all the time. Jack should be the back up. We have no need for a RW, unless JBG and Brady are going to have another injury prone season. So unless we get a younger version for the future it would be a waste of money.

A new, younger RB, and a replacement for Gibson is all we need. And unless we sell someone, it's all we can realistically afford.
I’d say that Dwight is more of a central player, currently learning his trade on the left wing.

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:56 am

The reason we don't get players direct from Europe is that our style and approach to the game is very different to that played in most European countries and I think those players would find it hard to adapt to that style. Didn't Guardiola refer to us as 'the most English of teams'? And with regard to the better players from Norwich or Bournemouth, they will tend to regard other Premier League options as a better choice than Burnley, partly because we are among the lowest payers, and partly because of our image as one of the least glamorous clubs in the league.

It's almost at the point where we can only get players if other Premier League teams aren't in for them, or for very specific reasons that they want to come here. It's not about being good or bad in the market, it is about confronting almost insurmountable problems. All things considered, our recruitment has really been excellent.
This user liked this post: Down_Rover

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:01 am

Right_winger wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:37 am
We pay just as well as some decent sized European clubs. There is absolutely no reason why we cannot compete with them for players. Our problem with recruitment is that we tend to keep ourselves locked into a very expensive market. Our scouting is poor make no bones about it.
I agree - we can pay well over what some top Italian, French & German teams can pay. That said, I think so much of our success is built on our team spirit, which is hard to form if everyone comes from a different culture and speaks a different language. Players can also look amazing in Belgium or French leagues and then look very average in the PL - a gamble I’d guess our board are not willing to take - so I can see why we we’re so keen to go with proven, home grown players.
This user liked this post: BertiesBeehole

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:19 am

Erasmus wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:56 am
The reason we don't get players direct from Europe is that our style and approach to the game is very different to that played in most European countries and I think those players would find it hard to adapt to that style. Didn't Guardiola refer to us as 'the most English of teams'? And with regard to the better players from Norwich or Bournemouth, they will tend to regard other Premier League options as a better choice than Burnley, partly because we are among the lowest payers, and partly because of our image as one of the least glamorous clubs in the league.

It's almost at the point where we can only get players if other Premier League teams aren't in for them, or for very specific reasons that they want to come here. It's not about being good or bad in the market, it is about confronting almost insurmountable problems. All things considered, our recruitment has really been excellent.
Regarding being the lowest payers, I’m not sure we are:

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/burnley-fc/payroll/

Compare that to Villa’s, for example. Also worth noting that we have lost Hart (£40k), Lennon (£40k) and Hendrick (£35k) from that list, so technically have £115k to spend whilst being no worse off than last season. I agree others pay more, but not that we’re really bad payers or incapable of being competitive if we want to be.

Do agree we have an image problem. Our style won’t help with that, so perhaps that needs a tweak with one or two more technical players. I suspect some of that could be overcome if we really courted players but suspect that’s just not part of our negation style and we give up the moment another party is interested.

dibraidio
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by dibraidio » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:34 am

Apparently Pukki won't be going to Turkey, Besiktas can't afford him.
This article is linking him with us and Brentford should they win the play-offs.
https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-c ... -1-6775352

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:52 am

Haven't spotted Bley mentioned in that article

Socrates
Been Liked: 912 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Socrates » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:12 am

I’ve long maintained that our issues in the transfer market are largely of our own making. We are so good at so many things - and clearly we’re not bad at recruitment otherwise we would be relegated - but the language Dyche uses about it is so relentlessly negative.

We have finished in the top half of the Premier League two of the last three years, we are no longer the lowest payers in the league and can pay up to £50k a week, we have turned a number of players into established internationals, have sold players for huge fees and have players linked with even bigger transfers going forward and every player talks about how great it is to play under Dyche.

We have an awful, awful, awful lot going for us. But clearly there is a preference to sign players of a very, very specific brief - and that brief just so happens to be one of the more expensive markets to shop in in the whole world. If we insist on that, or show a lack of imagination in the market then I am afraid that is on us - we’re like a person who complains about the price of food who insists on shopping at Waitrose. There are other cheaper places available but we’re not going there.
These 7 users liked this post: JohnDearyMe DCWat NewClaret Enola Gay SonofPog Braindead rob63

Papabendi
Been Liked: 346 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:31 am

Socrates, the way I look at it these are all excellent points we should be making out there in the media and also during those tight calls where players have multiple options of where to go.

Plenty of players that must regret not taking up the opportunity to work under Dyche over the years and who might have very different careers now.

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:48 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:54 pm
Not a Burnley link but looks like Hendrick is off to villa or Newcastle.

Seems a strange one to me. I don’t think he gets in either of there teams.
When his agent sees the grass isn’t greener he might sign for us yet. SD made it ultra-clear he wanted to keep him.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:56 am

Socrates wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:12 am
I’ve long maintained that our issues in the transfer market are largely of our own making. We are so good at so many things - and clearly we’re not bad at recruitment otherwise we would be relegated - but the language Dyche uses about it is so relentlessly negative.

We have finished in the top half of the Premier League two of the last three years, we are no longer the lowest payers in the league and can pay up to £50k a week, we have turned a number of players into established internationals, have sold players for huge fees and have players linked with even bigger transfers going forward and every player talks about how great it is to play under Dyche.

We have an awful, awful, awful lot going for us. But clearly there is a preference to sign players of a very, very specific brief - and that brief just so happens to be one of the more expensive markets to shop in in the whole world. If we insist on that, or show a lack of imagination in the market then I am afraid that is on us - we’re like a person who complains about the price of food who insists on shopping at Waitrose. There are other cheaper places available but we’re not going there.
Totally agree with this. I think historically Dyche's media messaging on transfers may have been, in part, to assist in negotiations - i.e. we're not a club that spends big, so don't take the **** when dealing with us. Of course, it also happens to be true, I just think Dyche reinforces the truth.

My hope is, after 5 seasons in the Prem, a decent finish this year, a potentially depressed market, and an Dyche beginning to get agitated, the Board may loosen those purse strings and add some quality. If they do, I hope Dyche acknowledges that and starts to change his tune.

We do have a lot to offer - stable club, long serving manager, decent training facilities, good team spirit, some quality players in the current quad meaning any players joining now should be joining a competitive team - we have a lot to offer and should start to shout about that a bit louder.

summitclaret
Has Liked: 1324 times

Post by summitclaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:58 am

huw.Y.WattfromWare wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:48 am
When his agent sees the grass isn’t greener he might sign for us yet. SD made it ultra-clear he wanted to keep him.
I would not be surprised at all.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:59 am

Think free signings will start to get snapped up in two weeks time as clubs return to training. Suspect that he will have an offer(s) on the table, but if he's still a free agent by the end of August it would look like his agent has messed up.

summitclaret
Has Liked: 1324 times

Post by summitclaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:02 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:59 am
Think free signings will start to get snapped up in two weeks time as clubs return to training. Suspect that he will have an offer(s) on the table, but if he's still a free agent by the end of August it would look like his agent has messed up.
I would love it if agents start get brought down a few pegs. Well over due.

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:04 pm

A little demeaning, if you ask me. He doesn’t seem to have anything lined up and, apparently, the Newcastle fans have already vented their feelings about such an ‘underwhelming’ signing.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1696 times
Has Liked: 789 times

Post by warksclaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:04 pm

If Hendrick's agent came back, cap in hand, would the club take him back ??

Socrates
Been Liked: 912 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Socrates » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:07 pm

I’m sure in private the message we give to players is those set out above (and of course I’d forgot the training ground too).

And I also understand that it probably is difficult sometimes for us to sign players. Keane mentioned it when he was at Sunderland - that foreign players wanted to live in London (although I suspect they just didn’t want to play for him and didn’t dare tell him).

My issue is that Dyche’s rhetoric has worsened on this issue if anything. I don’t expect us to be chucking money about and I don’t expect him to be all singing all dancing, but it’s just so at odds with his persona and attitude on every other aspect of his job.

We have a problem (limited amount of finance). Our solution to that problem, it seems to me, is to continue doing the same thing every year (shopping mainly for British players and from the Championship) and then complain that something difficult continues to be difficult. In any other field if there is a problem I am sure Dyche looks for different ways to solve it but in this one field he appears so inflexible and it’s just ..... well I find it a bit baffling.

I reiterate the point we’ve had two top ten finishes in the last three years. Everything in the garden is about as rosy as it could possibly be, even if we dramatically improved our recruitment we’d fare only marginally better than we are now. But it does feel a little bit like we’re kicking the can down the road on a few squad issues and have been for some time now - and that’s a concern.
These 5 users liked this post: Enola Gay JohnDearyMe randomclaret2 SonofPog rob63

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:11 pm

Eventually there is nowhere to kick the can to and maybe we are approaching that position.

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 1404 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:24 pm

When his agent sees the grass isn’t greener he might sign for us yet. SD made it ultra-clear he wanted to keep him. /quote]

I too would've liked us to keep him, but now, effectively re-signing JH, I'm not so sure. Not only does he appear to have left in search of 'greener grass' but to aid that search he bailed out on his contractual obligations to the club; aside from declining a contract extension to finish the season, he didn't even turn out for those games in June when we were desperately short of players and for which he was contracted to play.
Brownhill's already looking good and I envisage lots of reasonably priced lower league players becoming available in the next few weeks as those clubs strive to cut wage bills, so why take him back at a high salary and if we were to offer a lower one than he turned down originally, I doubt we'd see the best from him. My understanding was that JH received an offer equal/better than his current contract and rejected it, his decision he'll have to live with it.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1571 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:28 pm

Lancslive saying we have not approached Forrest for Cash.

Another false rumour doing the rounds by the sounds of it

SonofPog
Been Liked: 157 times
Has Liked: 82 times

Post by SonofPog » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:53 pm

Great Posts Soc, puts my thoughts on the subject and Dyches' attitude to them down, better than I could.

"but it’s just so at odds with his persona and attitude on every other aspect of his job." Exactly. Its creating a negative feeling around the club, in the press and with the fans.

Its Dyche that insists on shopping in the UK market, so he can have that vital "personal" information on the player, its a problem of his making and its getting tiresome.

P.S Sorry no Summer Transfer link. I'll refrain from discussing transfer policy anymore. UTC!

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:05 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:28 pm

We've probably not approached any clubs about signing any players. They're all false rumours.
Last edited by Firthy on Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:12 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:

If lancs live have said that my guess would be he has signed for us already, training at Barnfield, and had a massive Burnley FC tattoo done last week !!

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:03 pm

summitclaret wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:02 pm
I would love it if agents start get brought down a few pegs. Well over due.
Couldn’t agree more mate. Whilst I wish Jeff no harm, COVID would have a silver lining if it removed this player power and a few agents fell flat on their faces.

What I have never understood is why all PL/EFL clubs don’t just make a pact not to sign free agents. Like an unwritten rule, a code of practice, in response to the Bosman ruling.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:05 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:

Not surprised about that, or disappointed really. Think 3xRB’s is a luxury we can’t afford and should focus on CM/RW/CH this summer, with RB priority in January or next summer.

CharlieinNewMexico
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:06 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:39 am
For that reason I think Buendia would be perfect for us. Was in the top 5 PL players in terms of both tackles and assists last year, so gets stuck in as much as he creates. Good engine too, can run with the ball (which we don’t have so much of in central midfield) and can get out of tight spaces - calm things down when we’re under pressure by getting his foot on it when we usually hoof it.

Positionally, could play central or right of a 4-4-2, in a number 10 role, or inside right of a 4-5-1 (which I’d like to see us play next year against the City’s etc, that tend to knock a lot past us) with an out-and-out winger next to him. So tactically we would have a lot more options.

Leeds are allegedly “leading the race” and have been “quoted £25m” - if you believe the paper talk. For me he’s a snip at that and we should be all over it for a transformative player.

At the complete other end of the spectrum is Billing at Bournemouth. I thought he was great against us, albeit I also saw some poor performances later in the season. Others have said his style is languid and that wouldn’t fit in here, but I think he’d be a good option off the bench and would add to our physical presence.
I would snap Delias hand off for 25m. Can’t see us doing it though. We’ll be in the 18-19m region max.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:17 pm

CharlieinNewMexico wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:06 pm
I would snap Delias hand off for 25m. Can’t see us doing it though. We’ll be in the 18-19m region max.
Over 18-19 years :lol: :lol: :lol:

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:21 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:05 pm
Not surprised about that, or disappointed really. Think 3xRB’s is a luxury we can’t afford and should focus on CM/RW/CH this summer, with RB priority in January or next summer.
Read page 1 of Matty cash thread... those in the know have told you all you need to know.

He will be here in the next week or so.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Socrates wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:07 pm
I’m sure in private the message we give to players is those set out above (and of course I’d forgot the training ground too).

And I also understand that it probably is difficult sometimes for us to sign players. Keane mentioned it when he was at Sunderland - that foreign players wanted to live in London (although I suspect they just didn’t want to play for him and didn’t dare tell him).

My issue is that Dyche’s rhetoric has worsened on this issue if anything. I don’t expect us to be chucking money about and I don’t expect him to be all singing all dancing, but it’s just so at odds with his persona and attitude on every other aspect of his job.

We have a problem (limited amount of finance). Our solution to that problem, it seems to me, is to continue doing the same thing every year (shopping mainly for British players and from the Championship) and then complain that something difficult continues to be difficult. In any other field if there is a problem I am sure Dyche looks for different ways to solve it but in this one field he appears so inflexible and it’s just ..... well I find it a bit baffling.

I reiterate the point we’ve had two top ten finishes in the last three years. Everything in the garden is about as rosy as it could possibly be, even if we dramatically improved our recruitment we’d fare only marginally better than we are now. But it does feel a little bit like we’re kicking the can down the road on a few squad issues and have been for some time now - and that’s a concern.
Great post. This is what happens when you ban COVID/political threads - you get reasoned debate about Burnley FC.

It’s hard to disagree with anything you’ve said, but I am giving Dyche the benefit of the doubt at the moment on the basis that:

1. It must’ve been extremely frustrating to lose 2-3 of your first team squad at that point in the season. It’s easy to forget that Dyche and the players earnings are significantly impacted by their final league position, so at the point when many of the comments were made, he must’ve felt as though he was being severely inhibited in achieving their best placement this season. I’m sure the injuries were also a frustration when they coincided with the contracts ending, but we all know that in those situations it’s easy for things to boil over. In a way I’d be more worried if he weren’t frustrated.

2. He only really commented in a few interviews, then he mainly played it down thereafter when, understandably, goaded by the media. Yes, he’d opened the door and he hardly slammed it shut thereafter, but I wouldn’t say he fanned the flames too much.

3. He’s earned the right to be frustrated. Last summer was a poor window. The one before was quiet. Meanwhile our “rivals” are spending £25m on Bowen & £30m on Sarr. Meanwhile we are sat on £40m in the bank. Both seasons he’s kept us up, earning the club another £100m. You can sort of see why he might want to be given some of it to sign some quality & make his job a bit easier.

On reflection our recruitment has been outstanding. I’m not sure we want to change the model completely, just add one or two players of real quality and stretch the model a bit.

I hope after this summer we’ll either have had a good one, in which case he’ll call it out, a bad one but having made a solid effort (likewise), or a poor one with little effort, in which case I assume he’ll be off and we’ll have other problems to worry about.

Your Keane point is interesting. I wonder if player recruitment may be aided if we had a training facility in Cheshire? Just a small one in the Footballer belt, perhaps only for use pre and post match to avoid commutes the days before. Whilst you’d never want to disconnect the club from the town, I wonder if player recruitment might be easier in that scenario. It is the WAGS you have to convince as much as the players.

exilecanada
Been Liked: 235 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by exilecanada » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:23 pm

It wouldn't shock me at all if Hendrick re-signed with Burnley. He's a handy player to have around.

Murger
Been Liked: 1243 times
Has Liked: 845 times

Post by Murger » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:36 pm

Wouldn't take Hendrick back now. He had his chance to sign and didn't.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:42 pm

Let’s be honest Hendrick was nothing more than average for us at any point.

be a step backwards taking him on after he left us when we desperately needed him.

Sign someone better from championship

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:44 pm

exilecanada wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:23 pm
It wouldn't shock me at all if Hendrick re-signed with Burnley. He's a handy player to have around.
That would be silly.

If a player walks out chasing the cash, which then falls through, you shouldn't then welcome him back.

Even less so for a Jeff Hendrick type.

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:53 pm

Murger wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:36 pm
Wouldn't take Hendrick back now. He had his chance to sign and didn't.
We have no idea what he was offered in terms of salary, bonuses or length of contract. He was OOC and quite entitled to test the market.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:57 pm

To be honest I don’t understand why anyone would want him back. There is plenty better out there

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:10 pm

Wonder how long before the Ollie Watkins links start to resurface now that it looks like they will lose the play offs

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:10 pm

Possibly a link. An un named premier league team has bid for Alan Browne at Preston

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:16 pm

"Burnley adamant that James Tarkowski will not be sold for less than £50m release clause with Leicester City reigniting interest in England defender"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... lause.html

Moorite
Been Liked: 203 times
Has Liked: 108 times

Post by Moorite » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:21 pm

Wasn’t the reason Jeff didn’t sign because he was offered considerably less than what he was already on?

dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Post by dpinsussex » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:26 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:42 pm
Let’s be honest Hendrick was nothing more than average for us at any point.

be a step backwards taking him on after he left us when we desperately needed him.

Sign someone better from championship
I,would take hendrick back but at 30% less salary than we originally offered. He wants to be at BFC then make it from the heart not your pocket

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:29 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:10 pm
Possibly a link. An un named premier league team has bid for Alan Browne at Preston
Sounds more like us :lol: :lol:

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:33 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:29 pm
Sounds more like us :lol: :lol:
That is exactly why I posted it. Can’t see many other prem teams going for him

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:37 pm

dpinsussex wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:26 pm
I,would take hendrick back but at 30% less salary than we originally offered. He wants to be at BFC then make it from the heart not your pocket
I wouldn’t. I think it’s best to never look back. It’d end badly.

But I wouldn’t imagine he/his agent would come back to us in a million years. I think he’d take a bigger pay cut elsewhere before coming back with his tail between his legs!