BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER/AUTUMN 2020 (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
NewClaret
Been Liked: 3109 times
Has Liked: 3826 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by NewClaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:25 am

ClaretAL wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:53 am
I read this as Tarky shop windowing himself, and at times to the detriment of the club with comments like “I think any professional footballer can play a ball to his left-back, get it back and play it back to his keeper. The question is can he play under pressure? Which I believe I can and I proved it at Brentford. We don’t play as much like that at Burnley, but it doesn’t mean I can’t go into a team that plays expansive football." but may be I am reading too much in to it.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... id-4490883
Sadly, confirms what we know - that Tarky wants to play CL football and go to the Euro’s. Leicester can’t offer the former, would likely offer the latter.

Nothing disrespectful to Burnley in his comments in my opinion, although I’d rather he keep his ambitions between him and the manager.

If it is likely that Tarky is to be sold, I’m even more disappointed that we haven’t moved earlier in the window for a CH with PL experience. Not Worrall - someone experienced. It’s not like they don’t exist - I’d have taken Duffy on a loan, or Dawson.

No we’re in this ludicrous position where with 12 days till KO we might need two CB’s when we should be focusing on the other areas that need strengthening - RW, CM, RB.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:34 am

ClaretAL wrote:
I read this as Tarky shop windowing himself, and at times to the detriment of the club with comments like “I think any professional footballer can play a ball to his left-back, get it back and play it back to his keeper. The question is can he play under pressure? Which I believe I can and I proved it at Brentford. We don’t play as much like that at Burnley, but it doesn’t mean I can’t go into a team that plays expansive football." but may be I am reading too much in to it.

That’s disrespectful to both his current club and the fans , if he wants to go then go don’t need to hear the excuses

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:39 am

Disrespectful ?

Moving forward the safest approach regards future signings would seem to be sign players that nobody else would want.

Raggus
Been Liked: 61 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Raggus » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:46 am

I don't think Tarky has said anything wrong, and I wouldn't even say it's a come and get me plea. More a note to Southgate that all teams play diff styles and across his last 2 clubs he had proved he can play different styles. I'd be pretty disappointed if any player didn't dream of playing at the very top be it European or international football. That's what drives them on to improve all the time and not just stagnate.
These 3 users liked this post: claptrappers_union Colburn_Claret Quicknick

burnley007
Been Liked: 640 times
Has Liked: 673 times

Post by burnley007 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:55 am

We are a selling club, as most clubs are, but we are now able to get a good fee for our players. If Tarks leaves, it will be for big money. We will find a replacement, Sir Dyche is bigger than any player!

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:57 am

burnley007 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:55 am
We are a selling club, as most clubs are, but we are now able to get a good fee for our players. If Tarks leaves, it will be for big money. We will find a replacement, Sir Dyche is bigger than any player!
Sir Dyche , wants to leave though

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3080 times
Has Liked: 5054 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:59 am

I would be amazed and sad, if he didn’t want to play at the tip level, and for England.
Get a spine boys and girls.
These 2 users liked this post: Vegas Claret Taffy on the wing

levraiclaret
Been Liked: 428 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by levraiclaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:07 am

ClaretAL wrote:

I read that as Tarks ruling out Leicester by specifying he wants to play Champions League football.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:21 am

It's all a shambles really isn't it, we just seem to constantly "go again" without much forward planning. All of the management/playing side deserve so much more help from the recruitment/board, but it just not forthcoming. There are some very strong teams in the EPL this season and most of them seem to have a wealthy benefactor...going to be the hardest season weve had I think.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:29 am

ewanrob wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:21 am
It's all a shambles really isn't it, we just seem to constantly "go again" without much forward planning. All of the management/playing side deserve so much more help from the recruitment/board, but it just not forthcoming. There are some very strong teams in the EPL this season and most of them seem to have a wealthy benefactor...going to be the hardest season weve had I think.

Correct, what a shambles the club is stumbling its way to 2 top 10 finishes in the last 3 years
These 2 users liked this post: Gordaleman Quicknick

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 605 times

Post by Gordaleman » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:34 am

joey13 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:57 am
Sir Dyche , wants to leave though
Did he tell you that personally? I don't know for sure, but I don't think Sean is going anywhere, unless we sack him.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1771 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:52 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:34 am
Did he tell you that personally? I don't know for sure, but I don't think Sean is going anywhere, unless we sack him.
If an opportunity revealed itself, he’ll apply. And fair play to him.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 605 times

Post by Gordaleman » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:59 am

claptrappers_union wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:52 am
If an opportunity revealed itself, he’ll apply. And fair play to him.
Again, did he tell you that personally?

Most of the doomsters on here were saying he's be gone during the close season. It looks like they got that wrong.

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:07 am

How come Leeds have a good foreign scouting network despite being out of the big league for 15 years.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:10 am

How come Leeds have been out of the big league for 15 years despite having a good foreign scouting network?
These 2 users liked this post: BertiesBeehole lesxdp

Row Z
Been Liked: 80 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Row Z » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:11 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:07 am
How come Leeds have a good foreign scouting network despite being out of the big league for 15 years.
Their manager is highly regarded and well connected.. its obviously a limitation of our staff and therefore a reluctance to take a chance on overseas players. Saying that - I would rather have Chris Wood than their new record signing.
These 2 users liked this post: BOYSIE31 FactualFrank

ewanrob

Post by ewanrob » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:18 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:29 am
Correct, what a shambles the club is stumbling its way to 2 top 10 finishes in the last 3 years
I'm not talking about what's past, that gone. Its here and now, yes they've done fabulously well, we have some great players, and if they cant see real investment being made then they are gonna want to be off. We have a very timid board who dont like to spend, christ even your manager says that.

I've said it before, we are on the cusp of something really good. Some great individual players, great infrastructure, let's crack on and make15th to 10th place a minimum requirement not a bonus every year.

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Post by Firthy » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:31 am

Any incoming transfer news ??????

No I thought not, too busy bickering and criticising the club.
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank Taffy on the wing

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:47 am

ewanrob wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:18 am

I'm not talking about what's past, that gone. Its here and now, yes they've done fabulously well, we have some great players, and if they cant see real investment being made then they are gonna want to be off. We have a very timid board who dont like to spend, christ even your manager says that.

I've said it before, we are on the cusp of something really good. Some great individual players, great infrastructure, let's crack on and make15th to 10th place a minimum requirement not a bonus every year.
Well - you are talking about “what’s past”. But it’s that selective history some fans like to use....ie will mention the historical perceived lack of spend / frugal approach but that where we finished in the league is irrelevant (despite just equalling our record points haul in the Premier League only a few weeks ago)

The current board have spent more money on players in the last 8 years under Dyche than the whole of our previous history put together. Yes that’s because they have had more in revenue than any other period - but they would point out its they who appointed Dyche....so whatever way you want to debate this they deserve a lot of credit for where we are.

Why would the board fundamentally change the way they operate when it’s brought them so much success ? Plus there is the important point that even if they wanted to change strategy they are limited by our finances and the amount of money the board as individuals are prepared to invest.

Even if we did find £100m to sink into the team from somewhere don’t you think clubs like Bournemouth, Fulham, Villa, West Ham and many many more look at what we have done and wish they were in our position instead of sitting on a mountain of debt and still fighting relegation ?

But rather than head down that “told you so” road you seem to be going when we are eventually relegated you should try and articulate what it is differently we should be doing given the current set up of the club, board etc. Because other than a bit of the usual debate about who we should buy the position of the club financially is what it is and that’s what SD or anyone else will have to work with (which is not the same thing as we aren’t bringing in anymore players)

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:55 am

NewClaret wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:25 am
Sadly, confirms what we know - that Tarky wants to play CL football and go to the Euro’s. Leicester can’t offer the former, would likely offer the latter.

Nothing disrespectful to Burnley in his comments in my opinion, although I’d rather he keep his ambitions between him and the manager.

If it is likely that Tarky is to be sold, I’m even more disappointed that we haven’t moved earlier in the window for a CH with PL experience. Not Worrall - someone experienced. It’s not like they don’t exist - I’d have taken Duffy on a loan, or Dawson.

No we’re in this ludicrous position where with 12 days till KO we might need two CB’s when we should be focusing on the other areas that need strengthening - RW, CM, RB.
Did you expect anything less? It's been a common theme for a few years now. I predict that we will start the season with no new signings of note, and when I say new signings I'm not talking about 3rd choice goalkeepers, in talking about players that improve our first team.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:58 am

There was me thinking the kids have gone back to school...

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:02 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:10 am
How come Leeds have been out of the big league for 15 years despite having a good foreign scouting network?
What a pleb

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:03 pm

Row Z wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:11 am
Their manager is highly regarded and well connected.. its obviously a limitation of our staff and therefore a reluctance to take a chance on overseas players. Saying that - I would rather have Chris Wood than their new record signing.
Agree about the manager so it all comes down to connections then.

ewanrob

Post by ewanrob » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:53 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:47 am
Well - you are talking about “what’s past”. But it’s that selective history some fans like to use....ie will mention the historical perceived lack of spend / frugal approach but that where we finished in the league is irrelevant (despite just equalling our record points haul in the Premier League only a few weeks ago)

The current board have spent more money on players in the last 8 years under Dyche than the whole of our previous history put together. Yes that’s because they have had more in revenue than any other period - but they would point out its they who appointed Dyche....so whatever way you want to debate this they deserve a lot of credit for where we are.

Why would the board fundamentally change the way they operate when it’s brought them so much success ? Plus there is the important point that even if they wanted to change strategy they are limited by our finances and the amount of money the board as individuals are prepared to invest.

Even if we did find £100m to sink into the team from somewhere don’t you think clubs like Bournemouth, Fulham, Villa, West Ham and many many more look at what we have done and wish they were in our position instead of sitting on a mountain of debt and still fighting relegation ?

But rather than head down that “told you so” road you seem to be going when we are eventually relegated you should try and articulate what it is differently we should be doing given the current set up of the club, board etc. Because other than a bit of the usual debate about who we should buy the position of the club financially is what it is and that’s what SD or anyone else will have to work with (which is not the same thing as we aren’t bringing in anymore players)

This is my issue, people constantly have this look how
far we have come mentality and for me it's what is stopping us moving forward. I look back to the Promotion under Coyle as the look how far we had come, because prior to that were indeed dark days. Things were moving the right way on and off the pitch when SD was appointed, and his 1st full season was just superb...we got lucky and we all know it.

You go on about clubs spending a 100 million, never would I like to see that unless we had a billionaire owner. However, once again we are hanging on by our fingertips 4 weeks before the window shuts with apparently no sign of any real signings and unsure if we are to keep our present squad together. If we have Mike Rigg at the helm of our recruitment, is he really expected to work under the remit of you can identify as many as you want but we wont be signing anyone until the 12th hour so we dont have to pay wages unnecessarily.

You explain to me, how you think he (Mike Rigg) works within the parameters our board lay on him.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:19 pm

I ain’t got a clue what parameters Rigg works within - and neither do you.
The difference is I don’t really care as firstly nobody is ever going to tell me and secondly their is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

In terms of Burnley making low bids for players, doing their dealings at the last minute, getting outbid by other clubs etc etc which bit of the last 20 or 30 years did you miss ?

You have not said one single thing that we could do differently to make things better under our current structure and financial restraints. Do you know or understand anything at all about our financial position ?

The stuff you are saying is about as useful and informative as saying if we score more goals than the opposition we will do well.

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:46 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:19 pm
I ain’t got a clue what parameters Rigg works within - and neither do you.
The difference is I don’t really care as firstly nobody is ever going to tell me and secondly their is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

In terms of Burnley making low bids for players, doing their dealings at the last minute, getting outbid by other clubs etc etc which bit of the last 20 or 30 years did you miss ?

You have not said one single thing that we could do differently to make things better under our current structure and financial restraints. Do you know or understand anything at all about our financial position ?

The stuff you are saying is about as useful and informative as saying if we score more goals than the opposition we will do well.

Simple answer look to a different market abroad as there are plenty of good enough players to be found who would see Burnley as a step up

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3164 times
Has Liked: 6755 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:54 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:03 pm
Agree about the manager so it all comes down to connections then.
I think it comes down to how much we are prepared to pay agents. But I don't really know, it's just a guess :D

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:00 pm

Not an official link, but heard from a couple of Sheffield United fans that O’Connell is on his way to Burnley if Tarks leaves. Ampadu will then sign for Sheffield.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:16 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:00 pm
Not an official link, but heard from a couple of Sheffield United fans that O’Connell is on his way to Burnley if Tarks leaves. Ampadu will then sign for Sheffield.
Not sure the source is credible.

twitter.png
twitter.png (48.68 KiB) Viewed 3993 times

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:18 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:46 pm
Simple answer look to a different market abroad as there are plenty of good enough players to be found who would see Burnley as a step up
Brilliant - I’m driving down to the Turf now to tell them the news. Cannot believe that they did not think of something so simple.
We’ve still got a few days before kick off though so it should be still enough time.
I’ll tell them to contact you for the list of players too as it should expedite matters.
Must dash - time is of the essence.
Top 6 here we come !!

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:39 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:02 pm
What a pleb
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:39 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:18 pm
Brilliant - I’m driving down to the Turf now to tell them the news. Cannot believe that they did not think of something so simple.
We’ve still got a few days before kick off though so it should be still enough time.
I’ll tell them to contact you for the list of players too as it should expedite matters.
Top 6 here we come !!
Good for you but you are only about 8 years too late

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:42 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:18 pm
Top 6 here we come !!
And I think you will find its because we choose not to go down this route by one person Mr Dyche - who then will moan about the lack of funds after every window and say the English market is off the scale :shock:

Mattster
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by Mattster » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:47 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:00 pm
Yeah, that's not happening.

No chance.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 850 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by jojomk1 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:48 pm

Think I would rather have Ampadu here
This user liked this post: huw.Y.WattfromWare

DCWat
Been Liked: 4143 times
Has Liked: 3606 times

Post by DCWat » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:54 pm

There’d be a meltdown if we signed someone with that hair cut!

claret2018
Been Liked: 813 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:55 pm

I honestly don’t think it really matters who we bring in or sell, as long as Dyche stays. A good coach will work with the players he has and build the team in to something greater than the sum of its parts.

Look at how well we played at the end of the season, with a knackered, threadbare squad that was often missing several “key” players.

Personally I think we could lose Tarks and Pope, and stay up without signing replacements. Obviously it would be nice to get some extra players in, but I’m not really bothered if we don’t.

The whole transfer window saga is as tedious as it is irrelevant. Fans celebrate signing some big name marquee player, who 6 months later they’re criticising for the same thing they always criticise players for.

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:26 pm

DCWat wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:54 pm
What haircut?
This user liked this post: DCWat

CardiffClaret
Been Liked: 21 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Post by CardiffClaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:49 pm

Article on BBC website about West Ham offering 27m for Tarkowski:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54061212

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:51 pm

CardiffClaret wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:49 pm
Article on BBC website about West Ham offering 27m for Tarkowski:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54061212
Still short. I don't think they're getting it. It'll be £27.5 next.

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:52 pm

DCWat wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:54 pm
He’s had it cropped. Saw him in a German game and didn’t recognise him. He needs to grow it again, takes the attention from his face.

CardiffClaret

Post by CardiffClaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:54 pm

Question is why would he even go to West Ham? I would have thought West Ham are just as likely as us to be in a relegation battle this season

CardiffClaret

Post by CardiffClaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:54 pm

I guess salary would be improved though

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:55 pm

CardiffClaret wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:54 pm
Question is why would he even go to West Ham? I would have thought West Ham are just as likely as us to be in a relegation battle this season
The same reason as to why I'm sure 99% of footballers move - bigger wage.

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:07 pm

Sky reporting WHU told nothing doing for less than £50m.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Post by Firthy » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:11 pm

huw.Y.WattfromWare wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:07 pm
Sky reporting WHU told nothing doing for less than £50m.
I think half of these rumours are made up from the media reading this forum :o :D

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:11 pm

Yep, just seen the tweet. Which is good news - we aren't going to be a pushover and give in. Pay up or **** off.

sky-tarks.png
sky-tarks.png (395.31 KiB) Viewed 2920 times

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:15 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:11 pm
Yep, just seen the tweet. Which is good news - we aren't going to be a pushover and give in. Pay up or **** off.

sky-tarks.png
Just **** off would do :)

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:21 pm

Well as we can't reject £50 mil, there's not really any harm in the club mentioning it. If we could reject any fee, I doubt they'd have given a wanting fee, they'd have just said no.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1699 times
Has Liked: 790 times

Post by warksclaret » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:01 pm

Would have been nice had the club put a statement out today-I guess its another job for poor old Sean. It sickensme that there will be a fat few wages in recruitment and PR, and to date they have FA to show for it.

A message from MG on the lines that
"we are thankfully in a strong position financially through the manner the model has been managed in the last 7-10 years , and we do not need to
sell any of our players, unless of course they meet our valuation of that player. By contrast we are currently working hard to find the right
players in key positions to support the marvellous job Sean has done in the past 8 seasons and we will advise as soon as we have confirmation"

Why do companies/ teams/organisations so often forget the poor old paying customer, in our case who live and sleep Burnley FC. What would the above cost to action and what good feeling would it create amongst us