BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER/AUTUMN 2020 (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by taio » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:15 am

claret3561 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:10 am
do you seriously believe any other manager could have achieved what dyche has with or without mike garlick , if so its clearly you who doesnt understand. Sean does football, garlick does finance (allegedly)
Considering the extent of our achievements over the last decade or so, I think it's only fair to give credit to the directors, Dyche, some of the previous managers and the players. Dyche I'm sure would be first to say it's not just down to him.
This user liked this post: Gordaleman

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:16 am

Burnley set to make Robin Quaison bid; Spurs interest hinted
I know they were interested, so guess if they show more of an interest, that's the end of that one:
https://tbrfootball.com/report-burnley- ... st-hinted/

Sean Dyche admits he may be the last of a dying breed: 'I really don't think amazing characters like Arsene and Sir Alex are going to still be around' - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... breed.html

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32405 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:18 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:04 am
You clearly don't realise that the club was on an upward trend thanks to Garlick long before Sean wass appointed, and who appointed Sean?
Didn't see much of an upward trend to be honest until Sean Dyche came in. We were a below average Championship club which is not what we are now. For info: Garlick became chairman in summer 2015 having previously been co-chairman with John B for three years. Sean was appointed by the board of directors. My info is that the two co-chairmen and Lee Hoos conducted the early part of the search with other directors then getting involved when it came to the final interviews.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:21 am

cblantfanclub wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:06 am
With more time on my hands than I’d like due to Covid I’m trying to get my head around the stuff posted on here.

We’ve made no bids for anyone except possibly for Worral - who’s injured anyway

Hang on a bid reported this morning for a surprise European player. Dismissed as lowball and a board member saying it’s now very unlikely.

Er. That’s it

In other news:
Respected board member says Chairman and manager fallen out irreparably and suggestion is he’s only hanging on for his January bonus then he’ll be off.

Tarks wants out but no one offering enough yet

Dwight gone says Danieljwaterhouse

Danieljwaterhouse there’s a poster. He says nothing that couldn’t be gleaned from the press dresses it up and makes a lot of statements that don’t pan out. It’s certainly a scattergun approach and inevitably some of it will be correct as it would be from any poster. He’s a big fan of the “Investor”, who we all know about through the conventional press, and suggests Dyche wont leave because substantial investment (at odds with CT version of events) is on it’s way and Dyche wants to be at the “bow” of this ship. I’d rather he was at the Helm personally.
All his posts come with the caveat that he’ll apologise if he’s wrong. Better not to post until you are sure and if you are in the know you will surely be able to explain why it went wrong.
A more sophisticated Marlons pants comes to mind- and I’ll be more than happy to apologise if I’m wrong.
48 pages and counting – couldn’t be more depressing.
Worrell played yesterday... Badly apparently

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:22 am

The idea that SD, or the recruitment team don't know what we pay in wages is laughable, you only have to watch the Spurs documentary to see that their head of recruitment knows this basic information.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:24 am

Spijed wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:06 am
We took 15 points from our 9 matches after the restart despite having plenty of injuries and players such as Pieters out of position. It didn't affect us too badly.
Yep aware of that. But if SD thought for a second that was normal and something he can replicate this or every season he would not be saying what he is.
The run of form we showed after the restart was probably the most surprising and unexpected set of results I have seen from a Burnley team in 45 years of following them given the context of our injuries, who we had on the bench, who we were playing and everything else around Covid etc.
If you think that is sustainable that’s fine - we would be comfortably finishing top half every year and making around £50m net profit every year with a reduced wage bill of about £60m.
I’m guessing SD would agree it was a freak period of form and results too.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:28 am

We certainly weren’t on an upward trend prior to Sean Dyche joining.

We’d been up, been relegated and were selling our prized assets. We achieved a completely unexpected promotion. Dyche has worked miracles.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:32 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:18 am
Didn't see much of an upward trend to be honest until Sean Dyche came in. We were a below average Championship club which is not what we are now. For info: Garlick became chairman in summer 2015 having previously been co-chairman with John B for three years. Sean was appointed by the board of directors. My info is that the two co-chairmen and Lee Hoos conducted the early part of the search with other directors then getting involved when it came to the final interviews.
So Garlick has been hugely involved since 2012 at least and I assume he was also involved in bringing in Eddie Howe as well? Two not bad managers that the current board have brought in. Surely they don't deserve all the criticism that some on here give them?

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:38 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:32 am
So Garlick has been hugely involved since 2012 at least and I assume he was also involved in bringing in Eddie Howe as well? Two not bad managers that the current board have brought in. Surely they don't deserve all the criticism that some on here give them?
And equally they don’t deserve the ‘beyond reproach’ status that others appear to afford them.

As always the truth is somewhere in the middle.

In any event regardless of what has gone before there is clearly an issue at the moment and it needs resolving, quickly.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:41 am

Have to say if that Nixon comment is in any way true, then things are getting farcical.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

Ric_C
Been Liked: 752 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:41 am

Well this is all very depressing for a Sunday morning isn't it?

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:42 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:38 am
And equally they don’t deserve the ‘beyond reproach’ status that others appear to afford them.

As always the truth is somewhere in the middle.

In any event regardless of what has gone before there is clearly an issue at the moment and it needs resolving, quickly.
There could be 'An issue' or maybe there isn't any more. I'm sure that by midnight on October 5th we'll have a better idea.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 546 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:43 am

Dyche has worked miracles for us and his work is why we have done what we have during his tenure.

If Garlick sours relations to the point where Dyche walks it will be a disaster. The chairman should hold his hand up if he’s made mistakes and move on, let Dyche do his thing and cement our place in the Premier league yet again, if Garlick is as many of us are thinking , “out of his depth” , perhaps it’s time he stepped down and we found someone else to take the reigns?

Could Garlick go into a role behind the scenes to advise on the Burnley way etc? Keeping a so called fans perspective on the board? Who knows but to lose Dyche would be catastrophic in my opinion, I would do everything in my power to keep him here, irreplaceable if we want to stay in the Premier league and competing!

Top manager !

BACK DYCHE !

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:43 am

The question important question is what has happened to sour the relationship ?

If Dyche has always worked without a budget and he has been required to go cap in hand for each transfer then why has that suddenly become such a big problem ?

I can see how the volume of spending we might be required to make in this window might have changed things, but had we signed the players up to new contracts that Dyche wanted onboard we wouldn't need so many players. We could have got away with signing one or two and spent a respectable sum bringing in higher quality development players who would have reduced the average age of the squad as they worked their way into the first team.

In the past everything has ticked along just fine. We haven't been successful with every transfer that we have made, but we have had pulled off more good transfers than bad. Most of our poor transfers in recent years were made while we were in the Championship or bouncing in between, which made us a less attractive proposition, gave us less funds to work with and less choice.

In our Europa League season we should have been in a strong position to sign players, but we really struggled and didn't get signings over the line until the latter stages of the window. Signing Hart was something of a strange one ( that was probably unnecessary ) and buying Gibson looked like a good move - nobody could have predicted it would work out the way it did. During the Winter window we sold Vokes and replaced him with Crouch, who was a long time favourite of Dyche. Signing Crouch didn't seem like the best move to me, but I don't think Riggy arrived with many options for us to pursue. Quite a lot was made about the money from Vokes being a financial shot in the arm that would be a big help in the upcoming Summer window.

The Summer window arrived and we wasted a lot of time and effort apparently chasing after a host of unrealistic targets. That put us firmly on the back foot and we weren't a million miles away from what looked like a make do and mend approach in the final stages. Drinkwater turned out to be an awful signing, but by that late stage a better than nothing gamble was probably the best we could do. The Winter window came and we struck lucky, getting a quality player like Brownhill in through the door and making the equivalent of our money back on Wells.

This Summer we don't appear to have a clue about much of anything and the rumours of divisions seem to be gaining ground.

Personally, I can't see the reason for the reputed divisions. Riggy made his position perfectly clear when he joined the club. Sean picks the players and under no circumstances would he ever force a player on the manager. If that is true then Riggy should be supporting Sean every step of the way.

No ifs and buts, if the Gaffer wants a player ( and that player is within our financial striking distance ) that is the player we get. The last say is always with the manager in terms of playing ability and how they will fit into the team and the role they will play. It doesn't matter if anyone thinks differently if Dyche wants a player and buying that player won't put us in financial peril we should do everything we can to sign them.

However, we are hearing about the managers advice being ignored and how he feels or felt out of the loop regarding transfers. Now if the Gaffer and Riggy are on the same page and they are both being opposed by the Chairman and the board what has happened to change things. What could have happened to make them all turn away from the relatively harmonious path that everybody used to be on and assume the role of football club dictators.

Have they suddenly decided that they know best about everything relating to a players worth ( in terms of playing ability and finance ), to the extent that they will happily over rule the Gaffer and the Technical Director, or are they acting in line with some mystery persons advice ?

Has our positive working relationship with Irish players attracted the nefarious influence of the Unseelie Court, did someone forget to put the butter out ?

The Gaffer should be fully involved in the recruitment process. He picks the players that will benefit the team and the Technical Director backs the Gaffer. Our performance on the pitch and the results we have accumulated have proven that Sean knows what he is doing.

The only counterpoint should be when a transfer runs the risk of causing severe financial damage to the club, which would require Garlick to step in and say no. If our revamped recruitment team are identifying players that fit Sean's required playing profile for respectable fees their shouldn't be any cause for conflict. We have seen plenty of players move for cheap sums of money in this window so they were definitely out there.

Really, I can't see why we are having a problem or experiencing divisions. Dyche tells Riggy what he thinks the team needs, Riggy then puts a target list together that is directed towards meeting those needs ( bearing in mind we are notoriously tight and backing Sean all the way ) then Garlick signs the cheque - providing that it won't place the club in any financial jeopardy.

Edit: Please don't quote this post in full. Click preview before submitting and then delete the bulk of the content between the quotes.
Last edited by Long Time Lurker on Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3079 times
Has Liked: 5043 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:47 am

claret3561 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:59 am
garlick has got us into the top 10 in the pl is probably the most absurd statement ive read on this thread. Sean Dyche has got us into the top 10 despite mike garlick
Who hired SD.
Who kept him on, even after relegation.
Who gave him a massive say in Barnfield.
Who gave him a massive contract to keep him at the club.

Falling outs in any relationship, are part and parcel of life. Hopefully this is nothing more than that.
What is indisputable, is that Mike Garlick will be here long after SD has moved on. Whether thats as Chairman or as a fan. IF Garlick gambled the clubs future on a couple of players we can't afford, and it ended in relegation, SD could easily walk away and leave us. MG couldn't and wouldn't. Whether we like it or not, Garlick has the long term future of the club at his heart, SD wants a team for this season, and come next summer he'd want the same again. I'm sure that if the funds were there SD would get them, if the funds aren't there we should just accept it, because not accepting it, is what got every other club that spent beyond their means in the **** state some of them are.
These 5 users liked this post: Gordaleman Zlatan Braindead huw.Y.WattfromWare AfloatinClaret

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1486 times
Has Liked: 1847 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:58 am

Sean just wants a fair go re funds
He is doing his best and despite couple of hiccups, Drinky and Hart has worked wonders on very little money
The five years we've been up have raised millions and it's not unreasonable for fans expectations to re new players coming in
This user liked this post: ClaretMov

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32405 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:10 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:32 am
I doubt he had much involvement in the appointment of Eddie Howe. I believe that to be a Flood appointment although Kilby was chairman at the time. Garlick though did tell me that Howe didn’t want to be here virtually from day one.

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:14 pm

The problem with Garlic is that it becomes bitter and overpowering if not handled properly :) It shoiuld only be used in small doses :roll:

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:19 pm

Firthy wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:14 pm
The problem with Garlic is that it becomes bitter and overpowering if not handled properly :) It shoiuld only be used in small doses :roll:
And wards off people desperate to stick their teeth in, hunting for blood.

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:29 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:19 pm
And wards off people desperate to stick their teeth in, hunting for blood.
Well there's plenty of them on here :o :lol: Even CT has a feeling there is unrest at the club. Such a pity after what we've achieved in recent seasons but SD can't perform miracles without the finances to add some depth to the squad. I just hope we don't implode because the board are being financially over cautious.

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 852 times
Has Liked: 1096 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:50 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:23 am
If someone else had posted something with inflammatory opinion such as this it would have been removed.
I know someone who won’t post on here at the moment as he received a ban without explanation. He says it’s like the message board is run by the Stasi.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Firthy wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:29 pm
Well there's plenty of them on here :o :lol: Even CT has a feeling there is unrest at the club. Such a pity after what we've achieved in recent seasons but SD can't perform miracles without the finances to add some depth to the squad. I just hope we don't implode because the board are being financially over cautious.
I think they know what they are doing for the overall good of the club. They certainly know more about the state of play than anyone on here. (I doubt there's a director on here.)

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 852 times
Has Liked: 1096 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:54 pm

Seems strange to have a recruitment team and Rigg’s role if they haven’t a clue what the financial perameters are. How much time must be wasted for it all to go nowhere time and again. Strange way to delegate and run a business.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:56 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:54 pm
Seems strange to have a recruitment team and Rigg’s role if they haven’t a clue what the financial perameters are. How much time must be wasted for it all to go nowhere time and again. Strange way to delegate and run a business.
I'm sure it's all a bit more 'Connected' than you seem to suggest.

winsomeyen
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 406 times

Post by winsomeyen » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:58 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:51 pm
I think they know what they are doing for the overall good of the club. They certainly know more about the state of play than anyone on here. (I doubt there's a director on here.)
Are you Garlick in disguise.?

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:01 pm

winsomeyen wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:58 pm
Are you Garlick in disguise.?
No, Tom Heaton.

LowtonClaret
Been Liked: 33 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by LowtonClaret » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:01 pm

In MY opinion, the only way Sean is going to get the funds he requires is investment into the club. I have no idea if MG has tried this route but, who would invest heavily into a small town club with limited revenue streams. I can see both sides of the fence but if it means going into heavy debt to stay in this league, then I'll be happy watching us beat barstewards in the Championship. Too many small clubs have tried to compete in this league writing cheques they couldn't afford ending in disaster!

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2320 times
Has Liked: 2696 times

Post by fatboy47 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:04 pm

LowtonClaret wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:01 pm
In MY opinion, the only way Sean is going to get the funds he requires is investment into the club. I have no idea if MG has tried this route but, who would invest heavily into a small town club with limited revenue streams. I can see both sides of the fence but if it means going into heavy debt to stay in this league, then I'll be happy watching us beat barstewards in the Championship. Too many small clubs have tried to compete in this league writing cheques they couldn't afford ending in disaster!
Did you see last seasons league table?

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:08 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:54 pm
They have got a clue - problem is the parameters have clearly changed and SD does not think they are workable.

Think a lot of people are overthinking this - especially the involvement of Rigg, the recruitment team etc.
It’s pretty simple really - Garlick is saying that X figure is available for transfers and Y for wages and SD and whoever else involved in finding players are saying that it’s very difficult to find the quality needed to improve the first team squad within these new parameters and the current market / amount players are going for.

And fundamentally it’s down to other clubs having much much deeper pockets and richer backers than Burnley do. I’m not sure why there is so much debate and surprise about it - have a look at our accounts, and read what Garlick said during lockdown about potential shortfalls. To think that he would be throwing big money at new players after what he said would have been a big surprise.

LowtonClaret
Been Liked: 33 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by LowtonClaret » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:14 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:04 pm
Did you see last seasons league table?
Thats irrelevant to the money Sean needs to keep us challenging to stay in the league. You have to invest into the team, and that was my point.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:14 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:08 pm
They have got a clue - problem is the parameters have clearly changed and SD does not think they are workable.

Think a lot of people are overthinking this - especially the involvement of Rigg, the recruitment team etc.
It’s pretty simple really - Garlick is saying that X figure is available for transfers and Y for wages and SD and whoever else involved in finding players are saying that it’s very difficult to find the quality needed to improve the first team squad within these new parameters and the current market / amount players are going for.

And fundamentally it’s down to other clubs having much much deeper pockets and richer backers than Burnley do. I’m not sure why there is so much debate and surprise about it - have a look at our accounts, and read what Garlick said during lockdown about potential shortfalls. To think that he would be throwing big money at new players after what he said would have been a big surprise.
I'm not sure the parameters have changed, I think we've just hit a ceiling.

There's little point spending serious amounts of money on players that aren't any better than those we already have - as illustrated by the Gibson situation - and players that will improve the team just aren't available within the budget that Garlick is willing to spend. If they were available, they'd improve other PL clubs as well and those other clubs will always be able to outbid us.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:26 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:14 pm

There's little point spending serious amounts of money on players that aren't any better than those we already have - as illustrated by the Gibson situation - and players that will improve the team just aren't available within the budget that Garlick is willing to spend. If they were available, they'd improve other PL clubs as well and those other clubs will always be able to outbid us.
MK himself said that there would come a time when we would hit a ceiling as you put it. Perhaps we are there? Who knows, we may have been looking for outside investors for years, but as someone else asked, how many would want to come to a small provincial town, when there are plenty of clubs in the city's needing investment? It's not as easy as some people seem to think to get businessmen to throw hundreds of millions at a football club, knowing they might not get it back.

What happens if someone does that, then the SKY TV deal falls apart like the PL deal with the Chinese company?

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:27 pm

How anyone can continue to keep on harping on about how far we have come and top ten places is beyond me, we have a Civil War going on in our club and it will be the ruination of this club.

CT no doubt knows more than most, and he has alluded to the fact that he is summising the situation somewhat...but he knows what's going on and after questioning him once or twice, I really think he has the feel for whats happening.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:30 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:14 pm

Parameters probably a fancy word for it as basically Garlick is not going to put the club in a position where we are making big losses or running down the reserves to what he considers a dangerous level....from that point of view you are right the “parameters” or his position has not changed.

But in terms of available budgets Garlick has already said the position has changed in terms of expected revenue and the impact of Covid so its logical that SD does have less money to spend both in the market and in terms of the total wage bill he is prepared to go up to. That does not mean we have got nothing to spend but clearly it’s not what SD believes is enough in the current market.
The last accounts clearly show that the income from historical player sales is now running out and we are nearer to break even than for a good while - and that is before the impact of Covid (TV money and no crowds) and also before the impact of our recent increases in non playing staff numbers.

We do not have the money available we did in the last few years....without selling one of the prize assets (and even then it’s not the same as the years we sold Keane, Gray etc)

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:31 pm

ewanrob wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:27 pm
How anyone can continue to keep on harping on about how far we have come and top ten places is beyond me, we have a Civil War going on in our club and it will be the ruination of this club.

CT no doubt knows more than most, and he has alluded to the fact that he is summising the situation somewhat...but he knows what's going on and after questioning him once or twice, I really think he has the feel for whats happening.
"Civil war." I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate. ;)
This user liked this post: ewanrob

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:33 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:31 pm
"Civil war." I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate. ;)
Haha, thought that when I put...but I'm livid. Manager pulling one way, Recruitment team another, and MG in the middle dithering.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:35 pm

SGr wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:41 am
Have to say if that Nixon comment is in any way true, then things are getting farcical.
As if it is. Nixon knows **** all about what’s going on. Just having a dig.

Some of his comments are farcical. Saw one today saying “Villa kind of” in relation to being interested in a player. As if any club are “kind of” interested in a player - they’ll have their targets and will be working on them, not “kind of” interested in splashing millions on a player.

And I can’t believe that Rigg is sat in meetings mid-transfer windows saying “hey, what about him?”. They’ll have a strategy and be working on it.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:38 pm

ewanrob wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:33 pm
Haha, thought that when I put...but I'm livid. Manager pulling one way, Recruitment team another, and MG in the middle dithering.
You don't KNOW that. You are just making an assumption. Let's see where we are when the window actually closes, not three weeks beforehand.

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:53 pm

How does Garlick "get out", assuming he wants to? What is a fair price? How much has he invested? I doubt he thought that BFC was going to be a goldmine when he started on this journey but it is a real issue now.

I assume he considers himself a custodian of the Club but he wouldn't want to sell at a discounted price to then see someone else profiteer by selling at market rate. So, what are we worth in the open market? Historic valuations of £350m look off the mark given the uncertainty and likely sustained decline in revenue. We have over £150m in assets (players) so our valuation is probably between £150m and £250m. Our success has made it difficult to maintain the model of custodianship because very few, if any, genuine Burnley fans can afford to own us. How do you feel about a supposed custodian pocketing over £100m from his involvement with the Club? I am not having a dig at him btw but we are a very different proposition to the one he inherited and helped develop.
This user liked this post: TVC15

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2757 times
Has Liked: 4324 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:07 pm

What do our other Directors contribute ?

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:09 pm

Article in mirror today
Attachments
20200913_160823.jpg
20200913_160823.jpg (1 MiB) Viewed 2763 times

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:29 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:35 pm
As if it is. Nixon knows **** all about what’s going on. Just having a dig.

Some of his comments are farcical. Saw one today saying “Villa kind of” in relation to being interested in a player. As if any club are “kind of” interested in a player - they’ll have their targets and will be working on them, not “kind of” interested in splashing millions on a player.

And I can’t believe that Rigg is sat in meetings mid-transfer windows saying “hey, what about him?”. They’ll have a strategy and be working on it.
Nixon knows more than most on here

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:49 pm

sounds like the club has very much outgrown Garlick. Without investment Dyche will go (probably West Ham when they pot Moyes).

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:53 pm

Firthy wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:29 pm
He has been given financial backing but spunked a hell of a lot away on dross but people on here like to ignore that for some reason - garlick was correct to not allow the likes of Hart and Lennon and lesser extent Hendrick to have extended contracts and that has been the issue with Dyche since we resumed last season

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:54 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:29 pm
Nixon knows more than most on here
Ha he probably does as word gets around the football circle - but people on here just choose not to like him

Bigvince
Been Liked: 935 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:55 pm

Do you think other clubs don’t have transfers,that don’t work?

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 2894 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:57 pm

ewanrob wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:27 pm

If there is a civil war then Dyche should resign and go and spend some time in his £3m apartment in Quinta do Lago. Perhaps he’s become a bit blasé and believes he’s bigger than the club. There are plenty of managers who would want his job.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:03 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:57 pm
If there is a civil war then Dyche should resign and go and spend some time in his £3m apartment in Quinta do Lago. Perhaps he’s become a bit blasé and believes he’s bigger than the club. There are plenty of managers who would want his job.
Al he’s asked for is more guidelines,yet you support the Boards view :roll:

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:03 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:53 pm
He has been given financial backing but spunked a hell of a lot away on dross but people on here like to ignore that for some reason - garlick was correct to not allow the likes of Hart and Lennon and lesser extent Hendrick to have extended contracts and that has been the issue with Dyche since we resumed last season
Agree with Hart and Lennon being let go, they contributed a minimal amount last season, and I suspect will have been among our highest earners, I'd have liked to have kept Hendrick, but he's not worth pushing the boat out for, we've also got Gibson out of the door, in a fashion anyway.

So you'd hope we have some leeway on wages and budgets to bring at least 2-3 new faces in, I'll reserve judgement until the end of the window, but the noises aren't promising for any new blood.
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:14 pm

We need that Investor and we need it quick. Garlick is too risk averse. You have to take some risk but it needs to be balanced.

Only three seasons ago we were signing £12-18 million pound players on a regular basis.
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31