BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER/AUTUMN 2020 (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
mkmel
Been Liked: 1270 times
Has Liked: 2246 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by mkmel » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:14 am

When everyone is fit and assuming Tarkowski goes I make it

2 keepers...you don't have 3 keepers in a squad and by your reckoning maybe you should include Jensen too
4 full backs
2 centre backs if as expected Tarkowski goes
4 centre midfielders
3 wingers
4 strikers

I make that 19 and even then we still have 6 of those out injured

ClaretEngineer
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 406 times

Post by ClaretEngineer » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:15 am

It’s hugely unfortunate / unlucky that we have both of our centre backs out with injury.

We could have alternated Dunne and Long with a view to giving the former experience alongside Mee / Tarkowski.

Long always appears to be a stand in, no matter who we have playing for us.

I think for now we need an experienced centre back like Dann / Dawson to provide some solidity whilst we bring Dunne on.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:21 am

BenWickes wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:13 am
I'd rather bring in one back up and loan Dunne to a Championship club for more experience. Do not feel comfortable at all having Dunne and Long as our only back up and definitely not as regular starters.
I can see what youre saying, and part of me agrees with you.

Most of last season we only had Long as back up though.

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:23 am

mkmel wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:14 am

2 keepers...you don't have 3 keepers in a squad and by your reckoning maybe you should include Jensen too
4 full backs
4 centre midfielders
3 wingers
4 strikers

3 seniors keepers to pick from, of course you include them.

And tarks is still here!

and like I have said, we cant replace players just because they are injured, we don't have bottomless pots of cash.

Jimscho
Been Liked: 404 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by Jimscho » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:24 am

mkmel wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:14 am

4 full backs
4 centre midfielders
3 wingers
4 strikers

If you don’t name 3 keepers in the 25 what do you do if one gets injured.You have no keeper on the bench.If Tarkowski goes we will bring in a replacement.I think Dunne will be our 4 th CB.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 559 times
Has Liked: 1400 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:27 am

ewanrob wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:50 am
I still find it staggering that our club agreed to a 27.5% sell on, fantastic business by Brentford...it would appear we are like lambs to the slaughter when it comes to transfers.
Exactly ewanrob, it's about time BFC got someone onboard to assess these future re-sale fee of any young/promising players that we sign, those that are going to be no better tahn average/OK, we offer less upfront and offer a big sell-on percentage, whilst those who're going to be a bit special like Tarks and Keane, we opt for paying a million or two more upfront, but offer no cut of future sales.
Given that you understand this ewanrob, I think the rest of us ought to suggest to the club that you're the perfect man for the job, you'll have to make the high fee or high sell-on percentage decisions using foresight rather than with the benefit of hindsight, but that'll not phase you will it?

More seriously, I suspect that a club like Burnley will get little option over the inclusion of a sell-on clause; the percentage is no doubt negotiable, but the principal or inclusion of a buy-back option by a big-six club is probably a fact of life: If you're a Brentford/Bristol/Millwall/etc. and have a prospect who you firmly believe will go 'all the way' then the smart move is a sale to Burnley or similar who will hopefully progress the player, get him in the bigger shop window of the Premiership and then take a substantial cut once one he catches the eye of one of the big boys and moves on. Try to keep him yourself and you'll lose him at the end of his contract, sell direct to a big six club (would they want him anyway? They're likely to have two or three equally promising players already on their books) and he might never get beyond the reserves before dropping back down the pyramid, or at best going on to Burnley for little more than the fee you initially got?

summitclaret
Been Liked: 833 times
Has Liked: 1324 times

Post by summitclaret » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:32 am

I can't believe that people think we could survive this season with Long and Dunne as 3rd/4th choices. It's pretty obvious that Dunne has potential, but he should be loaned to a Championship club until Jan. If Tarks goes, we need 2 new cbs. One old head and Worrel type.

However, I can believe the Club will try and do it. They have form for stupid risks and it's relegated us before.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3155 times
Has Liked: 6742 times

Post by boatshed bill » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:37 am

I'm not even sure whether Gibson still counts as a squad member, or if Benson and McNeil (who both turn 21 around December) count as under 21s for this season,
but if these are considered in the senior squad we have 23 excluding Tarkowski.

dibraidio
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by dibraidio » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:41 am

BenWickes wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:13 am
I'd rather bring in one back up and loan Dunne to a Championship club for more experience. Do not feel comfortable at all having Dunne and Long as our only back up and definitely not as regular starters.
I think you're going to be left feeling uncomfortable. Long has done a job for years as a backup who never plays, I can't see that changing.
Dunne has shown himself to be there or thereabouts. If Tarky goes then yes we need someone else in, if not and Tarky's toe recovers I wouldn't expect us to bring in anyone else.

If Leicester make a big enough offer for Tarky that would give us enough cash to buy a replacement like Dawson and maybe finance a deal like the one for Wilson. I wouldn't expect to see two centre halves unless we're expecting Mee to be out for a very long time.

I can't help feeling that we're playing with fire. A lot of clubs have gone down when their squad has been decimated by injuries but at least they had the bodies in the building. Even if we do bring in two new players we'll still need to fill the bench with U23 players.

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:45 am

dibraidio wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:41 am
I think you're going to be left feeling uncomfortable. Long has done a job for years as a backup who never plays, I can't see that changing.
Dunne has shown himself to be there or thereabouts. If Tarky goes then yes we need someone else in, if not and Tarky's toe recovers I wouldn't expect us to bring in anyone else.

If Leicester make a big enough offer for Tarky that would give us enough cash to buy a replacement like Dawson and maybe finance a deal like the one for Wilson. I wouldn't expect to see two centre halves unless we're expecting Mee to be out for a very long time.

I can't help feeling that we're playing with fire. A lot of clubs have gone down when their squad has been decimated by injuries but at least they had the bodies in the building. Even if we do bring in two new players we'll still need to fill the bench with U23 players.
Not when our injured players come back we wont

Pope

Bardsley
Tarks
Mee
Taylor

JBG
Westwood
Cork
McNeil

Wood
Jay

Peacock
Lowton
Long
Pieters
Brady
Vydra
Stephens

(ive ran out of seats on my bench now)

Barnes
Brownhill
Dunne
Norris

for example

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1182 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:48 am

I think this is all a case of dominos waiting to fall:

Tarks - We've probably established a selling price with another club but don't want the rest of the world to know we have the funds in our coffers, so as not to get ripped off. Leicester arent making a song and dance (let's face it, they can probably wait a couple of weeks for him).

Dawson / Wilson / Dann / other targets - We're still negotiating deals but their clubs will have an idea that we have the Tarks windfall potentially coming in. It's hard to tell others you're penniless, when you've got £30-40m on the way.

Our Target's clubs - Will be watching the situation with Tarks. We're playing it that he's not going and we're broke. They'll be hoping we're selling and will want some of the wonga. The championship clubs, at least, will be desperate for money though and will have one eye on the transfer window closing as to how they will weather the COVID football storm without a cash injection.

Agree signings from others and I think Tarks will be out the door shortly afterwards.

It's all a big bluff which will no doubt go down to the wire.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:50 am

Neither Benson nor Mcneill will be in the 25 as they were both <21 on Jan 1st 2020
Our present numbers with 3 keepers and no Gibson is 21 and that would include Dunne.
We have room for 4 more players in the 25 and 5 if Tarks leaves but we have rarely had 25
I think out largest number will have been 23

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3084 times
Has Liked: 3805 times

Post by NewClaret » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:50 am

BenWickes wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:50 am
A CH and a winger short. Two centre halves short if Tarks goes. Still think we need a creative midfielder too.
I agree.

We definitely need a winger, two preferably; if Dwight got injured I can’t see Brady either being fit enough or really capable of filling that void. And I’d also like to see someone really pushing him. What I find slightly frustrating at the moment is that there are a few candidates going cheaply - BOS and Eliasson. Both could add cover. I’d be tempted to move Brady on if a swap deal became available somewhere.

Would have loved Dawson as a replacement for Gibson. Less enthusiastic now it’s likely a replacement for Tarkowski! Not at all sure who I’d prefer though. Hope Rigg has found a cheap CH gem somewhere!

Burnley87
Been Liked: 116 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Burnley87 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:51 am

Ideally We Should be carrying 25-26 man Squads

3 or 4 of them preferably young players who are close to becoming premier league players, who are good enough to be a regular pick in the Cup games to gain experience and the club are confident enough that they can bridge the gap

You need two players for every position with around 1/3 of your 22 man squad under the age of 25 to keep the Historic business model of selling to reinvest moving. 2/3 of your squad experienced heads or players who have done well at lower league and are ready to step up

This is an ideal world however in my opinion to much emphasis has been put on the older heads and not enough on finding the Next James Tarkowski, Micheal Keane, Danny Ings or Keiron Trippier

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:52 am

Why cant people understand that we cant afford to bring players in just because we know Brady and JBG will likely have injuries at some point.

we will have a budget for 4 wingers, and thats what we will hopeful have come deadline day.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2757 times
Has Liked: 4318 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:53 am

Dyche has had unbelievable success against the odds when utilising incredibly small squads...the first promotion and the post lockdown oeriod last season are 2 that spring to mind.He's a victim of his own success in some ways

mdd2

Post by mdd2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:54 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:48 am

Tarks - We've probably established a selling price with another club but don't want the rest of the world to know we have the funds in our coffers, so as not to get ripped off. Leicester arent making a song and dance (let's face it, they can probably wait a couple of weeks for him).
I don't think you can transfer between EPL clubs after October 5th, only EPL to and from EFL after October 5th if I have understood the rules and I think the reasoning behind that was to allow loans from EPL to EFL but transfers either way can apparently go ahead too.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3084 times
Has Liked: 3805 times

Post by NewClaret » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:54 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:48 am

Dawson / Wilson / Dann / other targets - We're still negotiating deals but their clubs will have an idea that we have the Tarks windfall potentially coming in. It's hard to tell others you're penniless, when you've got £30-40m on the way.

Our Target's clubs - Will be watching the situation with Tarks. We're playing it that he's not going and we're broke. They'll be hoping we're selling and will want some of the wonga. The championship clubs, at least, will be desperate for money though and will have one eye on the transfer window closing as to how they will weather the COVID football storm without a cash injection.

Agree signings from others and I think Tarks will be out the door shortly afterwards.

It's all a big bluff which will no doubt go down to the wire.
True but it’s a game of bluff we’ll lose because Tarks deal has to be done by 05/10 and there’s another two weeks for Championship clubs to sell to us. Watford will know exactly what money we have before they sell and will hold on until we’re desperate.

Didn’t know about the EFL window closing later until yesterday but on that basis think we’ve played this window very very badly!!!!

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:58 am

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:52 am
Why cant people understand that we cant afford to bring players in just because we know Brady and JBG will likely have injuries at some point.

we will have a budget for 4 wingers, and thats what we will hopeful have come deadline day.
Some people seem to think it's monopoly money Granny, not real money with jobs and careers lost if things go wrong. They live in their own little world where all you have to do is go on TV and you'll be famous for life and rich forever. They have hard lessons to come.

They also seem to think that multi million pound deals can be worked out overnight and we should have been able to sign all the players we needed on the first day of the window.
Last edited by Gordaleman on Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 977 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:58 am

I am fully aware that BFC cannot afford to sign players because everybody knows that Brady and JBG are likely to be on the treatment table more often than not.

However, it is fine including their names to puff up the squad on paper but it is getting them out on the pitch and playing regularly that counts.

mdd2

Post by mdd2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:58 am

We cannot play it any other way. Need the cash before we spend otherwise we won't be able to trade as I do not think we have any borrowing power and where would the Board get £15-20 million from if Tarks did have a toe injury and he decided he wanted to stay?

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3155 times
Has Liked: 6742 times

Post by boatshed bill » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:00 am

mdd2 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:50 am
Neither Benson nor Mcneill will be in the 25 as they were both <21 on Jan 1st 2020
Our present numbers with 3 keepers and no Gibson is 21 and that would include Dunne.
We have room for 4 more players in the 25 and 5 if Tarks leaves but we have rarely had 25
I think out largest number will have been 23
Thanks, I wasn't sure about that.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:02 am

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:45 am
Not when our injured players come back we wont

Pope

Bardsley
Tarks
Mee
Taylor

JBG
Westwood
Cork
McNeil

Wood
Jay

Peacock
Lowton
Long
Pieters
Brady
Vydra
Stephens

(ive ran out of seats on my bench now)

Barnes
Brownhill
Dunne
Norris

for example
The problem is it could be months before we get our players back fit, we look so far off it atm it could be too late.
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:03 am

kentonclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:58 am
I am fully aware that BFC cannot afford to sign players because everybody knows that Brady and JBG are likely to be on the treatment table more often than not.

However, it is fine including their names to puff up the squad on paper but it is getting them out on the pitch and playing regularly that counts.
leave their names out of the squad, doesn't change anything.

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:04 am

KRBFC wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:02 am
The problem is it could be months before we get our players back fit, we look so far off it atm it could be too late.
Dyche has said he expects the position to be much better after the international break.

mdd2

Post by mdd2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:14 am

But that is 3 games gone and under usual circumstances you would expect 3 points last Saturday and one this weekend. After 38 games those 4 points may be the difference between another year in EPL or years outside the top flight like after 1976

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1182 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:17 am

mdd2 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:54 am
I don't think you can transfer between EPL clubs after October 5th, only EPL to and from EFL after October 5th if I have understood the rules and I think the reasoning behind that was to allow loans from EPL to EFL but transfers either way can apparently go ahead too.
Ah. I thought that the domestic window was only open to allow loans from EPL lower down the pyramid. If we can indeed purchase from the championship then it does put them at an advantage.

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:18 am

Thank God we never had this situation with Ben mee, city have a 40% sell on.

I don't know why these sell ons don't expire at the end of the original contract.

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:19 am

mdd2 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:14 am
But that is 3 games gone and under usual circumstances you would expect 3 points last Saturday and one this weekend. After 38 games those 4 points may be the difference between another year in EPL or years outside the top flight like after 1976
I cant get worried after 3 games.

it looked a lot bleaker after we were stuffed by Everton on Boxing Day 2018 and we still turned it around.
This user liked this post: BennyD

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:24 am

AndyClaret wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:18 am

I don't know why these sell ons don't expire at the end of the original contract.
In a perfect world they would, if they expired the sale wouldn't be agreed in the first place & the price would be far higher, it's a mechanism for guaranteeing player development potential, usually some sort of idea depending on the player & the buying club that the player will be moving on eventually is firmly established.

mdd2

Post by mdd2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:24 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:17 am
Ah. I thought that the domestic window was only open to allow loans from EPL lower down the pyramid. If we can indeed purchase from the championship then it does put them at an advantage.
Don't take what I posted on this as gospel it is just what I have understood from what I have read.
"Transfer deadline day is on Monday October 5. However, to give clubs more time in the age of coronavirus, they will be able to do domestic transfers up until October 16. This will be for loans or permanent transfers between Premier League and EFL clubs. No transfers can take place between Premier League clubs or with foreign clubs in this additional period"

What it doesn't state is whether it is EPL to EFL and VICE VERSA. The latter is how I have interpreted the rules. If we at BFC are not allowed ins after October 5th then we really are in a bad situation

mdd2

Post by mdd2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:31 am

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:19 am
I cant get worried after 3 games.

it looked a lot bleaker after we were stuffed by Everton on Boxing Day 2018 and we still turned it around.
Our run in next year is not ideal if we are struggling but I agree 12 points from 19 was awful. Just hope we are not wishing for that many come December. Next few days and then weeks of the transfer window could decide our future in the EPL, year 5 was awful for Watford and Bournemouth.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:34 am

mdd2 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:31 am
Our run in next year is not ideal if we are struggling but I agree 12 points from 19 was awful. Just hope we are not wishing for that many come December. Next few days and then weeks of the transfer window could decide our future in the EPL, year 5 was awful for Watford and Bournemouth.
Agreed. Had we had JT and Mee in defence, we'd have points on the board already, that I'm sure of. Every man and his dog know our central defence needs strengthening, and unless JT stays, it'll be suicide if we don't sort it.

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:48 am

AndyClaret wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:18 am

To be fair Ben Mee is hardly in demand. No ones going to be paying any money for him.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 842 times
Has Liked: 577 times

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:55 am

FactualFrank wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:34 am
Agreed. Had we had JT and Mee in defence, we'd have points on the board already, that I'm sure of. Every man and his dog know our central defence needs strengthening, and unless JT stays, it'll be suicide if we don't sort it.
Don't do it FF - you are too young to contemplate suicide :)

I saw early season games against the likes of Southampton, Newcastle, WBA, Brighton and Palace as a real chance to get off to a good start

With our current squad and injuries I dread the thought of having to go through the anguish of watching these games and, our struggles to pick up points that should be there for the taking

Bigvince
Been Liked: 935 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:59 am

Right_winger wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:48 am
To be fair Ben Mee is hardly in demand. No ones going to be paying any money for him.
And yet players I see as being average at best, are going for hefty price tags. IMHO every team should have a Ben Mee
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank Zlatan

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:32 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:24 am
In a perfect world they would, if they expired the sale wouldn't be agreed in the first place & the price would be far higher, it's a mechanism for guaranteeing player development potential, usually some sort of idea depending on the player & the buying club that the player will be moving on eventually is firmly established.
We've developed tarky, not Brentford.

OssyClaret
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by OssyClaret » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:02 pm

POPE
BPF
Norris

BARDSLEY ? MEE TAYLOR
lowton Long ? Pieters

? BROWNHILL WESTWOOD MCNIEL
jbg Stephens Cork Brady

WOOD RODRIGUEZ
Vydra Barnes

If we don’t fill the 3 question marks we are well and truly in the back foot. Anyone not included Shouldn’t be near a premier league squad.

OssyClaret
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by OssyClaret » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:03 pm

Dawson, Wilson and a younger and the next tarkowski/Keane would satisfy me
This user liked this post: summitclaret

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:28 pm

AndyClaret wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:32 am
We've developed tarky, not Brentford.
The potential was there, yes we helped tarky realise that, we bought tarky based on the potential & all brentford astutely did at the time was insert a sell on percentage later down the line, it's standard protocol brokering such agreements for promising young players to ensure fair renumeration.
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank Woonderbah

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 635 times

Post by Tribesmen » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:53 pm

What about Messi , SD said he liked him

kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Post by kaptin1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:07 pm

mkmel wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:09 am
What would happen to Brentford's cut of the transfer if we simply exchanged Tarkowski for say three Leicester players with no actual money involved?
We’d have to send them a few limbs in the post

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:19 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:28 pm
The potential was there, yes we helped tarky realise that, we bought tarky based on the potential & all brentford astutely did at the time was insert a sell on percentage later down the line, it's standard protocol brokering such agreements for promising young players to ensure fair renumeration.
20% is fair, 27.5%, and they've had our pants down.
Last edited by claretandy on Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2757 times
Has Liked: 4318 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:22 pm

Its 27.5%

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:42 pm

OssyClaret wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:03 pm
Dawson, Wilson and a younger and the next tarkowski/Keane would satisfy me
Not a link or even a recommendation but was reading an analytics report on Championship defenders last season. One name popped up as the best 'all rounder' centre half. Ball playing centre half called Cameron Carter-Vickers. 22 years old. Bournemouth were interested in him last season as a permanent signing. He's a Spurs player been on loan to a few Championship clubs. Curious if we've sounded Spurs out about him possibly on loan with a view to a permanent, or just a loan.

summitclaret
Been Liked: 833 times
Has Liked: 1324 times

Post by summitclaret » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:42 pm

Pants half way down then.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:45 pm

BenWickes wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:42 pm
Not a link or even a recommendation but was reading an analytics report on Championship defenders last season. One name popped up as the best 'all rounder' centre half. Ball playing centre half called Cameron Carter-Vickers. 22 years old. Bournemouth were interested in him last season as a permanent signing. He's a Spurs player been on loan to a few Championship clubs. Curious if we've sounded Spurs out about him possibly on loan with a view to a permanent, or just a loan.
That’s the guy who was horrible at Sunderland in the Championship ain’t it

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:50 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:45 pm
That’s the guy who was horrible at Sunderland in the Championship ain’t it
No was at Stoke and Luton last season. Just reading their analytics and he came out as the most 'all rounder' centre half.

Woonderbah
Been Liked: 328 times
Has Liked: 370 times

Post by Woonderbah » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:51 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:28 pm

And importantly keeps the initial outlay to a minimum which can make or break a transfer

northernpowerhouse
Been Liked: 87 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by northernpowerhouse » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:24 pm

From Leicestershire Live this morning (Fofana is a centre-back) :
As things stand, it seems Fofana is more likely to arrive than Tarkowski.

The latest from L'Equipe is that City have bid €35m (£31.8m) with €5m (4.6m) in add-ons in what is their fourth, and supposedly final, offer.

L'Equipe add that while Puel and Saint-Etienne have previously dismissed all bids out of hand, they may be considering this one. That tallies with what we're hearing about the French club being on the lookout for a new centre-half, possibly as a replacement for Fofana. The figures are accurate too.