BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER/AUTUMN 2020 (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by BenWickes » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:31 pm

northernpowerhouse wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:24 pm
From Leicestershire Live this morning (Fofana is a centre-back) :
Tarks to St Etienne? ;)

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:44 pm

How many Centre backs do Leicester need?
Jonny Evans injured his calf on Sunday. They might want two!

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6157 times

Post by KateR » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:44 pm

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 853 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:46 pm

KateR wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:44 pm
Marc Roca

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/29/r ... se-clause/
Old story Kate. Good one if it comes off though.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:47 pm

KateR wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:44 pm
Marc Roca
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/29/r ... se-clause/
I'm currently of the opinion that if any other Premier League side want a player we want, we won't get him.

So I'm writing this one off.
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6157 times

Post by KateR » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:49 pm

sorry if done before, I had not seen but things like this are definitely suspect and to be taken with a large does of salt I think

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:52 pm

KateR wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:49 pm
sorry if done before, I had not seen but things like this are definitely suspect and to be taken with a large does of salt I think
I don't think it's that unlikely actually. The stumbling block could be which club the player fancies, Sheff U or us?

Time for Sean to cook another omelet I think.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:55 pm

Sadly I fear the omelettes are far less tempting from Sean these days because it is obvious the garlic(K) has gone off and has affected the flavour
These 2 users liked this post: DomBFC1882 Gordaleman

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:58 pm

mdd2 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:55 pm
Sadly I fear the omelettes are far less tempting from Sean these days because it is obvious the garlic(K) has gone off and has affected the flavour
You know, I knew my spelling of omelette was right but my spell checker insisted it was wrong.

dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Post by dpinsussex » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:01 pm

mdd2 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:55 pm
Unless its a Spanish omelette. Sean has been broading his cooking talents. Robbie Brady told him about these wonderful things called potatoes

ayrshireclaret83
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by ayrshireclaret83 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:03 pm

Tarky is staying according to Lancs Live

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/t ... ssion=true
This user liked this post: Long Time Lurker

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:06 pm

Trust your teachers of yesteryear who taught us with carrot and stick and no spell checker.
I am eternally grateful to teachers past for what I have managed to achieve. A few were of little impact but that was me not them. It wasn’t Mr Tomlinson’s fault that I did not become an artist of note ; although many folk habe added the appellation “****” to my artistic abilities apparently. 😀😀😀

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:11 pm

If JT stays then I think a bit of credit has to go to the board for staying strong over what they wanted for him. I heard at one point £50 million, and it would have been easy for them to just take £37 million but maybe they can see that to us, he could be worth more than that when you look at dropping down to the Championship.
This user liked this post: Long Time Lurker

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:15 pm

Some positive news, mee, tarky, Johann, Brady and Barnes all trained today.
These 3 users liked this post: gawthorpe_view Long Time Lurker tiger76

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:50 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:47 pm
I'm currently of the opinion that if any other Premier League side want a player we want, we won't get him.
So I'm writing this one off.
With MG in the negotiating chair we might struggle against some North West Counties sides :o

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:53 pm

Sheff Utd seem to be pressing the panic button after 3 defeats and no goals
Expect them to put in bids for just about anyone - bit like villa last year

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:58 pm

BenWickes wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:42 pm
Not a link or even a recommendation but was reading an analytics report on Championship defenders last season. One name popped up as the best 'all rounder' centre half. Ball playing centre half called Cameron Carter-Vickers. 22 years old. Bournemouth were interested in him last season as a permanent signing. He's a Spurs player been on loan to a few Championship clubs. Curious if we've sounded Spurs out about him possibly on loan with a view to a permanent, or just a loan.
CCV is okay, but nothing really special. A big old fashioned meat head of a defender who can get the job done, but he lacks technical finesse and a quality footballing brain. I've seen bits and bobs of him during his various loans to clubs in the Championship and he hasn't really improved over time. Looking at his stats he did well for Luton last season though, improved their defence quite a bit. I can see him having a solid career in the Championship.

https://spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/opini ... ip-rumour/

I'm crossing my fingers that Tarks stays with us for another season. If we lose him and sign Harry Wilson I think that we will be screwed. Touch wood the rumour about our interest in Wilson is wide of the mark. I can't think of poorer choice of player to add to our team in terms of suitability for our framework. We would suffer with him on the right or left wing.

Given the limited options available to us at this late stage in the window we should be looking more closely at Niclas Elliason, Ryan Manning and Bright Osayi Samuel. We could probably get all three of them for the less than the price the rumour mill is attaching to Wilson. Doing that would result in a short term wage spike, but it would be worth it and far less risky than putting all of our financial eggs in a Wilson shaped basket.

Elliasson is also out of contract soon and he is struggling to get consistent game time, because an old fashioned line hugging winger isn't the best fit for how Bristol are currently playing. His two footed ability, along with his passing creativity, would make him almost ideal for us. He has looked a bit more physical this season, but he could stand to improve his defensive game even more. Then again, at least he looks like he could possibly do that, unlike Wilson.

Brownhill could also give us a character reference for him.

Manning is currently twiddling his thumbs at QPR, because of their policy of denying game time to players who aren't willing to sign new contracts. The only reason that BOS is still playing is because he is stringing them along with the notion that he might actually sign one.

I could see Manning developing into either a left midfielder or a left wing back with us. His defensive work could use some further improvement, but he hasn't been playing in that role for long. By all accounts Warburton doesn't emphasise his defensive coaching so that is unlikely to happen for him at QPR. With us the opposite would be true.

If he slotted in as a left midfielder he could replace Brady ( should he run down his contract and leave on a free ). As a wing back he could challenge or replace Pieters as a back up for Taylor. Manning is a tidy young player and he would be a snip at something like 2-3m.

Osayi Samuel is another classical winger, who could benefit from improving the defensive aspect of his game, which would make him a more complete player. He is a good player on his day, plenty to work with and time to develop the areas he needs to work on. Another one whose contract is ending soon. QPR will likely resist any offer for him and the cash they got for Eze will put them in a strong position to do that, but if he wants to move they might have little choice if they want to avoid getting nothing for him.

My ideal pick would be Jed Wallace at Millwall, but he would cost us more and he is hugely important to them. Even if we discount his creative input they only have one other right midfielder on their books at the moment ( Mahoney ) so they would have to bring a replacement in. I doubt they will be eager to do that so late in the window.

Maybe sign BOS and then loan him to Millwall to free up Wallace for a move. That would require some serious domino stacking, but it is the only way that I could see it happening without a lot of generous financial arm twisting.

Ryan Christie is an interesting one, but I can't see Celtic letting him go for anything other than a " to good to turn down " offer.

In terms of centre backs I would rather see us go after someone with a bit of proven quality about them. Ben Davies of Preston is still my idea of a good signing ( sending Dunne the other way on loan ). If we can keep Tarks a left sided centre back should be the only type of centre back on our shopping list.

I would also add in Benjamin Whiteman of Doncaster ( sending Benson and maybe Goodridge to boost their sparse central midfield options ). A season with a stand up bloke like Darren Moore and regular game time could really benefit them. Whiteman could spend a bit of time with us ( training with EPL players could improve him ) and then a bridging loan to a Championship club in the next window would be ideal, because stepping up from League One isn't easy.

We could maybe get all five ( minus Wallace ) for less than 20m. That is a lot to do and I think we would struggle to pull it all off, but maybe some of it is still possible, even at this late stage.

However, if the rumour mill is correct about our interest in Wilson then he is the player we will sign for what will be a club record fee or close to it. Watch him hover around the midway line, looking for the opportunity to move into the central area to steal shooting chances from our strikers ( destroying our shape and taking risky long range shots when he should be working with others to develop scoring opportunities with a higher probability of success ).

Add in a complete reluctance to track back and rarely push into the final third, mix it with an apparent inability to create for others, and top it all off with a slight frame and vulnerability to being knocked off the ball and you have Wilson. It will take a lot of direct free kick goals to make up for the negative impact he could have on the way we play.

Wilson is a lightweight version of Jarred Bowen or Shaquiri, which is why Liverpool want rid. Shaquiri is a far better player, but even he can't get regular game time with Liverpool, because he ticks a lot of the same red flag boxes in respect to individual glory vs team unity in a structured framework.

Signing the five I mentioned, at least some of them, or similar types of players would be far less risky than putting all of our financial eggs in a single Wilson shaped basket. It would give us a good young basis to build upon for the future and provide us with more players and options for this season.

At the start of this window I didn't envision that I would be suggesting we sign Eliasson and BOS ( purely because of their current defensive frailty ), but they are a much better fit for the way we set up and play. Apart from some set piece and stolen from our strikers goals Wilson would be an expensive liability in my opinion.
This user liked this post: claretfern

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:07 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:58 pm
CCV is okay, but nothing really special. A big old fashioned meat head of a defender who can get the job done, but he lacks technical finesse and a quality footballing brain. I've seen bits and bobs of him during his various loans to clubs in the Championship and he hasn't really improved over time. Looking at his stats he did well for Luton last season though, improved their defence quite a bit. I can see him having a solid career in the Championship.

https://spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/opini ... ip-rumour/

I'm crossing my fingers that Tarks stays with us for another season. If we lose him and sign Harry Wilson I think that we will be screwed. Touch wood the rumour about our interest in Wilson is wide of the mark. I can't think of poorer choice of player to add to our team in terms of suitability for our framework. We would suffer with him on the right or left wing.

Given the limited options available to us at this late stage in the window we should be looking more closely at Niclas Elliason, Ryan Manning and Bright Osayi Samuel. We could probably get all three of them for the less than the price the rumour mill is attaching to Wilson. Doing that would result in a short term wage spike, but it would be worth it and far less risky than putting all of our financial eggs in a Wilson shaped basket.

Elliasson is also out of contract soon and he is struggling to get consistent game time, because an old fashioned line hugging winger isn't the best fit for how Bristol are currently playing. His two footed ability, along with his passing creativity, would make him almost ideal for us. He has looked a bit more physical this season, but he could stand to improve his defensive game even more. Then again, at least he looks like he could possibly do that, unlike Wilson.

Brownhill could also give us a character reference for him.

Manning is currently twiddling his thumbs at QPR, because of their policy of denying game time to players who aren't willing to sign new contracts. The only reason that BOS is still playing is because he is stringing them along with the notion that he might actually sign one.

I could see Manning developing into either a left midfielder or a left wing back with us. His defensive work could use some further improvement, but he hasn't been playing in that role for long. By all accounts Warburton doesn't emphasise his defensive coaching so that is unlikely to happen for him at QPR. With us the opposite would be true.

If he slotted in as a left midfielder he could replace Brady ( should he run down his contract and leave on a free ). As a wing back he could challenge or replace Pieters as a back up for Taylor. Manning is a tidy young player and he would be a snip at something like 2-3m.

Osayi Samuel is another classical winger, who could benefit from improving the defensive aspect of his game, which would make him a more complete player. He is a good player on his day, plenty to work with and time to develop the areas he needs to work on. Another one whose contract is ending soon. QPR will likely resist any offer for him and the cash they got for Eze will put them in a strong position to do that, but if he wants to move they might have little choice if they want to avoid getting nothing for him.

My ideal pick would be Jed Wallace at Millwall, but he would cost us more and he is hugely important to them. Even if we discount his creative input they only have one other right midfielder on their books at the moment ( Mahoney ) so they would have to bring a replacement in. I doubt they will be eager to do that so late in the window.

Maybe sign BOS and then loan him to Millwall to free up Wallace for a move. That would require some serious domino stacking, but it is the only way that I could see it happening without a lot of generous financial arm twisting.

Ryan Christie is an interesting one, but I can't see Celtic letting him go for anything other than a " to good to turn down " offer.

In terms of centre backs I would rather see us go after someone with a bit of proven quality about them. Ben Davies of Preston is still my idea of a good signing ( sending Dunne the other way on loan ). If we can keep Tarks a left sided centre back should be the only type of centre back on our shopping list.

I would also add in Benjamin Whiteman of Doncaster ( sending Benson and maybe Goodridge to boost their sparse central midfield options ). A season with a stand up bloke like Darren Moore and regular game time could really benefit them. Whiteman could spend a bit of time with us ( training with EPL players could improve him ) and then a bridging loan to a Championship club in the next window would be ideal, because stepping up from League One isn't easy.

We could maybe get all five ( minus Wallace ) for less than 20m. That is a lot to do and I think we would struggle to pull it all off, but maybe some of it is still possible, even at this late stage.

However, if the rumour mill is correct about our interest in Wilson then he is the player we will sign for what will be a club record fee or close to it. Watch him hover around the midway line, looking for the opportunity to move into the central area to steal shooting chances from our strikers ( destroying our shape and taking risky long range shots when he should be working with others to develop scoring opportunities with a higher probability of success ).

Add in a complete reluctance to track back and rarely push into the final third, mix it with an apparent inability to create for others, and top it all off with a slight frame and vulnerability to being knocked off the ball and you have Wilson. It will take a lot of direct free kick goals to make up for the negative impact he could have on the way we play.

Wilson is a lightweight version of Jarred Bowen or Shaquiri, which is why Liverpool want rid. Shaquiri is a far better player, but even he can't get regular game time with Liverpool, because he ticks a lot of the same red flag boxes in respect to individual glory vs team unity in a structured framework.

Signing the five I mentioned, at least some of them, or similar types of players would be far less risky than putting all of our financial eggs in a single Wilson shaped basket. It would give us a good young basis to build upon for the future and provide us with more players and options for this season.

At the start of this window I didn't envision that I would be suggesting we sign Eliasson and BOS ( purely because of their current defensive frailty ), but they are a much better fit for the way we set up and play. Apart from some set piece and stolen from our strikers goals Wilson would be an expensive liability in my opinion.
d

Can't see us signing BOS, although he would be better IMO as he is right footed, don't think having 4 left footed wingers at the club is ideal tbh

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 1439 times

Post by Pearcey » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:23 pm

It’s looking like Fofana will be confirmed at Leicester for £40m.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:23 pm

Pearcey wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:23 pm
Not sure on the source, but...

lcfc.png
lcfc.png (81.5 KiB) Viewed 5708 times

Pearcey

Post by Pearcey » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:29 pm

DCC98DE0-80B7-4DF1-B4B4-92F32CD6316A.png
DCC98DE0-80B7-4DF1-B4B4-92F32CD6316A.png (852.38 KiB) Viewed 5618 times
From the club.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:30 pm

So the question is now... will Leicester want both him and JT.

Firthy
Been Liked: 1607 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:31 pm

Pearcey wrote:
I'm delighted for them and us :roll: :D
These 2 users liked this post: Pearcey DomBFC1882

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:33 pm

Pearcey wrote:
So is this Fofana chap better than JT? Leicester would appear to think so.

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:36 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:33 pm

No, it's just club's don't want to give "Little" Burnley £40 Million
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:36 pm

I would love Tarky to be still here , but even more so want to be here. Whether toe get was legit or not he openly came out and explained he needed to be somewhere else. So do we really need a player playing for us who doesn't want to be here and let him run his contract down, or should we cash in now. Dyche has made his intentions clear, i just hope its right considering its hard to see either Dyche or Garlick being here in the next 12 months.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:38 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:36 pm
I would love Tarky to be still here , but even more so want to be here. Whether toe get was legit or not he openly came out and explained he needed to be somewhere else. So do we really need a player playing for us who doesn't want to be here and let him run his contract down, or should we cash in now. Dyche has made his intentions clear, i just hope its right considering its hard to see either Dyche or Garlick being here in the next 12 months.
From everything I've heard and read, he was open to moving to a bigger club, but in no way was stamping his feet or being difficult, and so is happy to remain at the club.

SD wouldn't keep someone who didn't want to be here, he'd want rid.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:42 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:38 pm
b.

SD wouldn't keep someone who didn't want to be here, he'd want rid.
No, he'd just lend them to Norwich ;)

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:44 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:42 pm
No, he'd just lend them to Norwich ;)
Nobody wanted to buy Gibson, so loan was the only option. I noticed how as soon as Gibson kicked up a fuss though, SD got him out of the squad.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:47 pm

If Tarky is staying and Sean is still saying we need more players, that suggests that the money is there to buy them. So much for all the posters on here saying we had to sell Tarks to bring others in.

Maybe it's time to stop listening to media stories and just wait and see what happens?
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:48 pm

Sounds like he’s open to a move to Leicester. No doubt had his agent in his ear. Think how much his agent will earn for probably not doing very much. If he feels he’s outgrown us that’s fine but I’m not sure it’s beneficial for the rest of the team being around that.

Pearcey

Post by Pearcey » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:49 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:33 pm
He’s only 19 so he’s obviously got potential.

CaptainKirk
Been Liked: 385 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by CaptainKirk » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:55 pm

I want to know who "Long Time Lurker" is.

We go from kids, presumably, who want to know why don't we sign Messi and Ronaldo to LTL's detailed analysis of 20 players I have never heard of.
What do you actually do for a living? Are you Mike Rigg in disguise? (If that is the name of our Chief Scout.)

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:57 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:48 pm
Sounds like he’s open to a move to Leicester. No doubt had his agent in his ear. Think how much his agent will earn for probably not doing very much. If he feels he’s outgrown us that’s fine but I’m not sure it’s beneficial for the rest of the team being around that.
Hard to blame him for fancying a move to Leicester really. Assuming he stays now as long as he knuckles down and gives us 100% this season I don't really care.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:08 pm

Its looking a lot more encouraging, and great news if he is training again. He is a colossus in our team, as Van Dyke is for Liverpool. I would say there were more in the camp that believed he was faking his injury than those that felt it was genuine

The cynicism in me says it seems a coincidence he is in the fold at a time that it looked like Leicester had captured their overseas CH. And maybe had he gone to Leicester in the last day or so that he would have featured at the weekend

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:14 pm

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2275 times
Has Liked: 2154 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:21 pm

I’d certainly not put any money in that one

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:22 pm

That one would come as a surprise.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:44 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:30 pm
So the question is now... will Leicester want both him and JT.
Could be wrong but I can't see Leicester spending £80m on two defenders in one week.

Claret Alfie
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by Claret Alfie » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:54 pm

Nixon linked us to him around a month ago. They’ve probably took it from him.

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:31 pm

Can’t see us signing anyone costing more than £1 million if Tarks is staying.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:42 pm

AndyClaret wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:15 pm
Some positive news, mee, tarky, Johann, Brady and Barnes all trained today.
They’ll all be like new signings.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:44 pm

One or two of them have been like new signings on multiple occasions 😉
This user liked this post: BurnleyFC

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:08 pm

Steddyman wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:31 pm
Can’t see us signing anyone costing more than £1 million if Tarks is staying.
Even through these toughest of times, it amazes me how glass half fulll you always are......

MDWat
Been Liked: 872 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by MDWat » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:40 pm

Linked with a loan move for Reiss Nelson

jurek
Been Liked: 309 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by jurek » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:51 pm

Have to admit that I was one of those who thought
Garlick was waiting for Leicester to raise their offer to 35m+
for Tarks (and relatively confident in getting that) and had therefore
sanctioned moves/money for Wilson and one or two others

If Tarks is staying it will be interesting to see whether we bring in
Wilson and/or anyone else.
If so then one has to presume that Garlick may have decided to back Dyche
and loosen the purse strings anyway?

Be interesting to see whether Tarks is on the bench tomorrow night
and/or plays on Saturday?

Ideally we would want a committed Tarks putting in a great MOM performance
on Saturday and scoring the winner in the last minute.

That would be a huge boost to everyone - players, manager and fans.
Maybe less so for Garlick?
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:10 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:08 pm
Even through these toughest of times, it amazes me how glass half fulll you always are......
I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic. Without external investment due to the on-going loss to covid-19 and the run costs of the club, we will not be making any major signings.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:19 pm

So the Wilson transfer was dependant on Tarkowski being sold?

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:22 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:19 pm
We are in trouble if selling our star centre half is the only way we can fund a new winger!

Row Z
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Row Z » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:23 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:19 pm
If we haven't much money to spend then it would be sensible to assume we'd need to sell first.

It wasn't long ago we were told we'd lodged club record bids for a championship player (rumoured to be Philips?) but alot has changed since then.