Liverpool fans urged to stay at home this evening...

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1695 times
Has Liked: 2534 times

Re: Liverpool fans urged to stay at home this evening...

Post by Silkyskills1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:20 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:35 pm
Nobody mentioned this pandemic when thousands up and down the country were protesting against American politics. The beaches have also been overcrowded, pubs and bars jam packed.
And the protesters, those at the beach and those at the bars and pubs were all wrong too. They were/are increasing the chances of what I believe is referred to ' a.second wave' or a 'spike' in the number of people affected by the virus.
I've managed to avoid any protests, the pub and the beach in the last 4 months or so because I'm aware of the possible social implications. But, if you believe that there is no danger of this virus escalating and that we are in the clear then please suit yourself and do your own thing. Perhaps I have been well and truly duped in the last few months. Any idea why we're not allowed on the Turf this weekend?

corporal jones
Been Liked: 96 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by corporal jones » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:20 pm
And the protesters, those at the beach and those at the bars and pubs were all wrong too. They were/are increasing the chances of what I believe is referred to ' a.second wave' or a 'spike' in the number of people affected by the virus.
I've managed to avoid any protests, the pub and the beach in the last 4 months or so because I'm aware of the possible social implications. But, if you believe that there is no danger of this virus escalating and that we are in the clear then please suit yourself and do your own thing. Perhaps I have been well and truly duped in the last few months. Any idea why we're not allowed on the Turf this weekend?
no sign of a second wave in Bournemouth, Bristol, London, Barnard Castle etc etc. Its all ********. Get back to work now because if we don't there won't be an economy to save. No work means no tax, no corporation tax, no VAT, no repayment of deferred taxes and that all means no future investment, no public services, no more gold plated public sector pensions, an end to the triple lock and more austerity than you can ever imagine.
This user liked this post: jrgbfc

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6963 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:12 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
The difference is we're not allowed to attend football matches. We are allowed to go to the pub or the beach, so how can you say the people who do so are wrong?

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:44 pm

We're not.allowed to go to football matches because of the danger associated with lack of social distancing which is still a key feature of our fight against the covid19 virus. Exceptions came.into force a.few weeks.ago.allowing visits to.the pub and.beaches with the demand for social distancing. These demands were ignored.in .many places. Face masks are.compulsory tomorrow in many enclosed areas presumably.because of.a fear.of.the virus spreading. The crux of my argument throughout is that too many people have totally ignored any warnings given; not by not.going.to the pub/beach which is perfectly acceptable.but.by congregating in large groups with strangers who pose a threat to the health of the nation. It's been generally accepted that the staging if.Liverpool's game.agaainst Atletico.Madrid in March was a big.mistake that.probably led to lots of people dying. Why was last night seemingly less dangerous?

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:59 pm

corporal jones wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:07 pm
no sign of a second wave in Bournemouth, Bristol, London, Barnard Castle etc etc. Its all ********. Get back to work now because if we don't there won't be an economy to save. No work means no tax, no corporation tax, no VAT, no repayment of deferred taxes and that all means no future investment, no public services, no more gold plated public sector pensions, an end to the triple lock and more austerity than you can ever imagine.
Your part of the world won't need to wear face masks from tomorrow then. Happy.days.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6963 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:44 pm
We're not.allowed to go to football matches because of the danger associated with lack of social distancing which is still a key feature of our fight against the covid19 virus. Exceptions came.into force a.few weeks.ago.allowing visits to.the pub and.beaches with the demand for social distancing. These demands were ignored.in .many places. Face masks are.compulsory tomorrow in many enclosed areas presumably.because of.a fear.of.the virus spreading. The crux of my argument throughout is that too many people have totally ignored any warnings given; not by not.going.to the pub/beach which is perfectly acceptable.but.by congregating in large groups with strangers who pose a threat to the health of the nation. It's been generally accepted that the staging if.Liverpool's game.agaainst Atletico.Madrid in March was a big.mistake that.probably led to lots of people dying. Why was last night seemingly less dangerous?
Just to be clear, I’m not condoning the Liverpool gathering last night, I just don’t think it’s the big deal that some are making out. How many people were gathering? Let’s say 10,000 people. Based on current estimations that means there would be maybe 2 or 3 people carrying the virus in attendance. It’s irresponsible, but it’s not going to lead to a huge spike in new cases.

Those same 2 or 3 people could be mingling at the pub or at the supermarket.

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:16 pm

An agreement on '.irresponsibility'. Have a.good.night.

corporal jones
Been Liked: 96 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by corporal jones » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:24 am

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:59 pm
Your part of the world won't need to wear face masks from tomorrow then. Happy.days.
your response is typical of this board-i make perfectly valid points and you just come back with sarcastic ****-if you have nothing worth while to say shut up.

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:33 am

I give you Blackburn with Darwen, Rochdale, Luton and Leicester.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:11 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
The whole thing was complete horseshit, Iv also followed the rules but the airports have been crowded throughout lockdown, barbers couldn’t open but a childminder is allowed to work in other people’s homes, backwards logic.

My great grandma died during this lockdown in a care home, nobody was allowed to visit for months, up to 15 people were allowed at the funeral meanwhile thousands gathered at protests, in airports, on beaches and people were allowed in and out of the country with an unpoliced seemingly optional 14 day quarantine.