In your dreams.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
No Ney Never
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 328 times

In your dreams.

Post by No Ney Never » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:10 am

In my dreams, I was Burnley's star striker. Only got a game because all our first choice players were injured.
I was a squad player that never did anything spectacular on the training ground, but suddenly I was on the bench because there were no other fit players, and found myself on the pitch after 65 minutes due to injury.
I curled one in the top corner with my left foot, one in the top corner with my right foot, and a header from a corner. A perfect hat trick. We were in the semis of the FA cup.
No one had ever seen the ball skills that came out when I was surrounded by 3 opposition players down by the corner flag, MOTD had never seen anything like it. Dyche asked Woane the same thing Lineker asked Wright, where I'd come from, how come I'd never been spotted in training?
I was brilliant that day, got us to the final. We won the cup that year, along with the premier league. Europe here we come, I was about to make Messi look like a Sunday league player.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Re: In your dreams.

Post by martin_p » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:21 am

I used to have a recurring dream about us getting to the Championship play-off final but due to various pieces of bad luck I missed the coach down and was frantically trying to get public transport, hitch or whatever to get to Wembley on time. It always ended without resolution so I never knew if I got there or not or if we won.

Then we actually got to the play-off final, the trip down was incident free and the rest is history. Never had the dream again.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5096 times
Has Liked: 5162 times

Post by Rowls » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:47 am

Once dreamt Jay Rod scored the winner in a 1-0 win against Crystal Palarse and so lumped a tenner on it at 25-1.

Came up trumps too.

Don't think I've dreamt a result before or since.

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4835 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:52 am

In my dreams....I’m behind the entrance to the old Longside Terrace. I have some memories of walking up the outdoor steps, past the kiosk and then down into the stand from the top. I can’t remember much else, other than the smell of fags drifting through the terrace. They were great days on there but I was only a nipper. Would love to see some photos from behind the stand.

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:28 pm

In my dreams I am a teenager again and as we did, my friend and I go to watch BFC play, plus we hoped to see the what I presume were youth players today but not sure what they were back then, and being asked on a date, peak of excitement in those day lol. Then again I think I'm always a teenager in my dreams, especially my day dreams, because I remember those much better :)

However, this week dreaming has all been about winning on Sunday and finishing above Arsenal, not sure my priorities are right but it's only until Sunday, after which normal dreaming services can resume!
Last edited by KateR on Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Redbeard

dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:30 pm

I once dreamed the winning numbers for the National Lottery, so I bought a ticket with those numbers in case it was a message from God.

It seems the message was "a fool and his money are soon parted". :(
These 2 users liked this post: Volvoclaret cricketfield73

cricketfield73
Been Liked: 424 times
Has Liked: 441 times

Post by cricketfield73 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:55 pm

When Jimmy Mullen brought me on as a sub with a minute to go at 0-0 in the FA Cup final I chased a massively over hit cross field ball down the right wing and in desperation to keep it in play volleyed it back across the box and it curled into the far top corner. Schmeichel didn't even get near it.
I can still see it screaming in to this day.