OPEN TOPPED BUS !!!!

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Foreverly Claret
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 160 times

OPEN TOPPED BUS !!!!

Post by Foreverly Claret » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:19 pm

I live near Leeds and the message pumped out on local media all day yesterday was Please don't go to Elland Road tonight .All the while the numpties were organising an open topped bus for the players to show off the trophy...most of the crowd there knew it was going to happen too...bloody irresponsible behaviour on both counts .Next season will be fun when the neanderthals arrive

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Re: OPEN TOPPED BUS !!!!

Post by tiger76 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:28 pm

They were throwing missiles and setting off flares strange celebration, they also left a ton of litter https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-53493960

And Liverpool were no better https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... -53511046

And West Brom https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... -53505915

The biggest danger surrounding the CV is complacency, and sadly many have become very complacent in recent weeks. Let's hope this doesn't come back to bite us all in the rear end.
Last edited by tiger76 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Silkyskills1

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4842 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:30 pm

I live and work in Leeds. People who know me will tell you just how much I enjoy Leeds losing.

I absolutely do not endorse what they did with the bus last night. The club gave out a clear message but fans still turned up. The club then put the staff on a bus and paraded around the front of the ground. It was a highly irresponsible thing to do....BUT...

...on this occasion, I don't think we should single out Leeds. Had it been us, I certainly wouldn't have attended, but we'd be absolutely kidding ourselves if we sat here thinking that certain sections of our fanbase wouldn't have turned up for a similar event and egged on the players and staff. They absolutely would and it would have spoiled it for all those watching from home.

Where I hope we'd be better, is that I don't think we'd have had the bus in place....I'd hope we wouldn't have even booked one!
This user liked this post: DCWat

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:36 pm

What baffles me is the fact that the council gave permission for the bus parade, what did they think was going to happen in such an instance, of course crowds were going to congregate if there was a celebration expected, they probably would have gathered anyway, but the council shouldn't have encouraged it.

Woonderbah
Been Liked: 329 times
Has Liked: 374 times

Post by Woonderbah » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:47 pm

Plenty of their own fans not happy.. they followed the advice put out by the club and stayed away.. those ignoring the advice got to party with the team.
And to think of the lame excuses why we weren't allowed the trophy presentation at The Valley.. that wouldn't have put anyone's health at risk.
Poor from LUFC, the council and EFL.

Hendrickxz
Been Liked: 200 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Hendrickxz » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:48 pm

Deduct em 15 points immediately :evil:
These 4 users liked this post: bfcmik turfytopper longsidepies Bosscat

Leisure
Been Liked: 3795 times
Has Liked: 12492 times

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:55 pm

Hendrickxz wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:48 pm
Deduct em 15 points immediately :evil:
Hopefully they won't get that many next season! ;)

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:09 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:36 pm
What baffles me is the fact that the council gave permission for the bus parade, what did they think was going to happen in such an instance, of course crowds were going to congregate if there was a celebration expected, they probably would have gathered anyway, but the council shouldn't have encouraged it.
They should have done the old Helicopter fly past congratulating the players. :D

Murger
Been Liked: 1244 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Post by Murger » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:17 pm

Increase the council tax they pay to fund the cleanup.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:38 pm

Murger wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:17 pm
Increase the council tax they pay to fund the cleanup.
I expect council tax rises anyway due to the pandemic, what i can't understand is why people have to leave their rubbish behind, learn to use a bleeding bin, you'd think they'd take pride in their local area, TBF there was some Leeds fans helping in the clear up this morning.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:56 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:36 pm
I think having the bus on hand was a contingency method of controlling the crowd a little better and trying to manage bringing events to an end in a quicker and more orderly manner. It sounds like the councils H&S agreed it was the lesser of two evils.

I think being realistic to what is going to happen despite your best efforts to stop it and as a result putting plans in place to try and mitigate the negative impacts is a sensible approach.

The other thought on this topic it is whilst we look at what has gone on with Leeds, Liverpool and West Brom then the more obvious common denominator is football fans. So before you try slagging off citys' and towns or clubs for whats gone on think how you feel about being equally labelled a moron for just being a football fan and therefore grouped into this kind of behaviour as that is what a fair few are doing with Leeds and Liverpool about this

jojomk1
Been Liked: 850 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by jojomk1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:58 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:28 pm
They were throwing missiles and setting off flares strange celebration, they also left a ton of litter https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-53493960

And Liverpool were no better https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... -53511046

And West Brom https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... -53505915

And Burnley fans (in a similar situation to any of the above) would have just sat at home with a cup of cocoa or, for real excitement, gone to the front door and done their clapping on the doorstep :o

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:43 pm

I was extremely critical of Liverpudlians on the other thread because of my personal experiences dealing with them. The fans at Leeds and West Brom are also numpties, and its a poor reflection of our society that members of the public are stupid enough to do this.
These 2 users liked this post: tiger76 Wile E Coyote

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:11 pm

It is particularly galling when there is a risk of some of the ones there picking up the virus feeling ok spreading the damn thing to folk who may not be ok and then increasing risk to front line staff dealing with Covid cases;all through the crass stupidity of certain sections of society. Meanwhile potentially other ill patients could end up have their NHS treatments delayed etc etc.
This user liked this post: tiger76

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:15 pm

jojomk1 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:58 pm
And Burnley fans (in a similar situation to any of the above) would have just sat at home with a cup of cocoa or, for real excitement, gone to the front door and done their clapping on the doorstep :o
No i'm sure many wouldn't, and they'd be equally stupid. I do find it interesting that you bring up clapping on the doorstep, wasn't that what everybody was doing only a few weeks ago for our key workers, and yet people are making their jobs that much harder by not adhering to social distancing advice.

I find wearing a mask inconvenient, but i do it because it's a small thing i can do that'll help curtail the spread of this virus, let me highlight an example, someone who attends that parade, they visit their grandparents at the weekend, and unknowingly pass the virus on to one or both of them, how would they and their family feel in that instance.

That is exactly why this guidance is in place, to prevent asymptomatic cases spreading the virus, the sooner we can rid ourselves of this disease, the sooner we have a chance of getting back to normality.
This user liked this post: mdd2

pureclaret
Been Liked: 434 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by pureclaret » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:18 pm

whilst I think its great to celebrate return to premier league and the winning of the premier ship, I do feel that when all the days before all clubs and police issued statements that people should not come to the grounds, I feel that it would be wrong to punish or condemn any club for the moronic element who turn up especially during these COVID times. But I do feel that where a club happens to have an open top bus to hand and then put players on that has got to be against the rules of how the leagues were to come back playing and as such a 12 point deduction for Leeds would be the correct punishment as there goals for is less than Brentfords so they would need to go into the play offs. I am sure if it had been Burnley sanctions and punishments would have been enforced.
Oh I Dont like Leeds by the way

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3160 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:23 pm

It is looking like the actions of these "fans" are going to cost football quite a bit of money as their antics could lead to a further delay in fans being allowed to return for matches - if only we could bill them for lost revenues - it would come in at well over £20m a week for the game
This user liked this post: Zlatan

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:44 pm

pureclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:18 pm
whilst I think its great to celebrate return to premier league and the winning of the premier ship, I do feel that when all the days before all clubs and police issued statements that people should not come to the grounds, I feel that it would be wrong to punish or condemn any club for the moronic element who turn up especially during these COVID times. But I do feel that where a club happens to have an open top bus to hand and then put players on that has got to be against the rules of how the leagues were to come back playing and as such a 12 point deduction for Leeds would be the correct punishment as there goals for is less than Brentfords so they would need to go into the play offs. I am sure if it had been Burnley sanctions and punishments would have been enforced.
Oh I Dont like Leeds by the way
Only 12 points?

GordonvaleClaret
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by GordonvaleClaret » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:53 am

tim_noone wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:09 pm
They should have done the old Helicopter fly past congratulating the players. :D
Trailing a banner "Leeds Lives Matter"