Burnley v Brighton Press Conferences etc

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3157 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Burnley v Brighton Press Conferences etc

Post by Chester Perry » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:23 am

first up Graham Potter - Sean tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E36iHEAtNlk

Rowls
Been Liked: 5101 times
Has Liked: 5168 times

Re: Burnley v Brighton Press Conferences etc

Post by Rowls » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:25 am

These pressers get later and later. Poor dears should get some rest.

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:01 pm

here are some pre-match comments fro Sean:

worryingly:
"I just get on with my work here as I have always have done. As I have said many times, things change in football.

"Either you go somewhere or people have enough of you and want you out. That is the way it goes."

Burnley manager Sean Dyche has confirmed that Ashley Barnes, Ben Mee, Matt Lowton, Jack Cork and Charlie Taylor will all be absent from the Clarets' final Premier League game of the season against Brighton.

"We have given the players a few days off in the week. We have always tried to find the balance," says Dyche.

On motivation for Sunday's game, victory in which could see Burnley finish eighth in the table, he adds: "The league table is important but really I am looking at the performance levels."

There has been some speculation in recent weeks that Sean Dyche may look for a fresh challenge at the end of the season, following reports of tensions with the club’s chairman.

But Dyche says he still has the "fuel" for the challenge.

"The enjoyment varies. The longer you are in the Premier League you understand the good, bad and indifferents of it. The fuel that you need, in my case, is certainly still there," he said.

"If we hadn't had such a strong finish I don't think that would have been adjusted.

"It is a natural feeling for me. The mentality for myself, the staff and the players has been very clear minded."
While there's not too much on the line for Burnley in terms of their league position in Sunday's season finale, goalkeeper Nick Pope will be hoping his team-mates can help him to the Premier Legue's golden glove award.

Pope is currently tied with Manchester City goalkeeper Ederson on 15 clean sheets.

On Pope, manager Sean Dyche said: "He's come out of a tough season with injuries and got back to where he wants to be and that has been really pleasing.

"He is forming as an all rounder now, his voice is getting stronger, his decision making is improving, he is becoming a good package and coming along nicely."

So, will Sean Dyche still be delivering press conferences as Burnley manager next season?

On the lingering speculation surrounding his future at the club, Dyche said: "It has always been here since I have been here. It is not new ground, it was just more documented.

"I just get on with my work here as I have always have done. As I have said many times, things change in football.

"Either you go somewhere or people have enough of you and want you out. That is the way it goes."

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:05 pm

claretblue wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:01 pm
here are some pre-match comments fro Sean:

worryingly:

I'll guarantee you that SD will be managing a team in Claret and Blue come September 12th

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:55 pm

Here is Sean himself with his pre match press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAeYbjWMyQo
This user liked this post: Rowls

Andy J
Been Liked: 10 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by Andy J » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:12 pm

Quality reaction and answer to the suggestion that he might have some of the young lads currently on the bench knocking on his door pushing for a game! Classic Dyche!

kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Post by kaptin1 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:54 pm

Most important thing is that we keep a clean sheet and ensure Pope wins the Golden Glove, even if it does end up being joint with Ederson. That would be a massive achievement for both Pope and the Club. I think I’d actually take a boring 0-0 ahead of win in which we concede.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:02 pm

Sean Post Match press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQp7lNMnh8A

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:04 pm

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:08 pm

Lots in the press about Sean's future - from the I

Sean Dyche challenges Burnley board to match his ambitions after securing top half finish
“As long as I know what the challenge is, I’m happy to manage,” said Dyche after watching his side lose 2-1 to Brighton on the final day of the season
author avatar image
By Ian Whittell
July 26, 2020 8:53 pm

Burnley manager Sean Dyche insists he is happy to remain in charge at Turf Moor – as long as there is a clear vision of where his club is going.

Speculation has mounted that the highly-regarded Burnley boss could be a summer target for rivals, especially after Dyche was at loggerheads with his board over their failure to sign four players whose contracts expired post-lockdown.

But Dyche claims he is happy to work within his employers’ financial limits, as long as they are made clear.

“Every manager is ambitious and we’ve been ambitious within the framework we’re given here,” said Dyche.

“Ambition here is making the best of everything we can and that’s a big challenge. We’re trying to rinse every drop out of every situation we can; it’s tough at times but it’s enjoyable.

“So we need to make sense of it. We’re ambitious to a level that the club can allow us to get but we’re certainly ambitious with the players we’ve got. We don’t make excuses, we keep driving them, ourselves included.

“That’s the way I look at it. As long as I know what the challenge is, I’m happy to manage.

“As long as I know what the guidelines are I’m expected to work under – it only starts getting tricky when those guidelines start getting blurred or they start getting stretched and they’re not stretched in the right direction.”

Brighton took a deserved 20th-minute lead through midfielder Yves Bissouma, whose first league goal in English football was one to relish as he curled in a 25-yard shot after Chris Wood had cleared his initial effort.

It was part of a strong opening from the visitors who could have doubled their lead four minutes later when Neal Maupay met a cross from the excellent Tariq Lamptey but could only hit the bar.

But despite Brighton keeper Mat Ryan being a virtual first half spectator, he was left with little chance when Erik Pieters floated through a superb long ball which Wood controlled with one foot and converted with the other.

Brighton’s lead was restored five minutes after the restart when Maupay’s through ball played Aaron Connolly through and, after the striker had shrugged off Kevin Long, he finished confidently from a wide angle.

There was drama, just before the hour, when Jay Rodriguez thought he had levelled, from Ashley Westwood’s corner, only for his effort to be ruled out for offside against Johann Gudmundsson.

Yet for Graham Potter, a deserved win came at the end of a season in which his side has deservedly remained in the top flight.

“We’ll have to come back and try to improve,” said Potter.

“It’s a good start for us, in the first season in the Premier League for myself and a lot of the players. There has been a lot of learning going on so to end up with 41 points is good.

“We want to improve of course but the Premier League is so tough. You see Bournemouth and Watford end up getting relegated and they are two teams at the start of the season you wouldn’t have thought would.”

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:09 pm

and again in the Telegraph

Sean Dyche happy to stay at Burnley providing the club outlines ambitions
MIKE MCGRATH JULY 26, 2020
Sean Dyche has insisted he is happy to remain at Burnley providing there is a clear outline of the club’s ambitions. He has guided them to their joint-highest points total despite defeat on the final day of the season.

Dyche has been hampered by players leaving with expired contracts despite warning chairman Mike Garlick of the potential problems of delaying, while key players have also missed much of Project Restart through injury.

“We need to make sense of it. We’re ambitious to a level that the club can allow us to get, and we’re certainly ambitious with the players we’ve got,” Dyche said. “As long as I know what the challenge is, I’m happy to manage.

“As long as I know what the guidelines are I’m expected to work under – it only starts getting tricky when those guidelines start getting blurred or they start getting stretched, and they’re not stretched in the right direction.”

Dyche has kept Burnley in the Premier League for four consecutive seasons, with a net spend of around £9 million per year, which means he has been linked to top-flight jobs when they have arisen.

He will ask for support in the transfer market this summer after losing Jeff Hendrick, Aaron Lennon and backup goalkeeper Joe Hart when their deals ran out, leaving Dyche using youngsters to fill his substitutes’ bench.

“Of course it needs support,” Dyche said. “It’s how much support you can get – the strategies, the financial strategy, the budgets, which is always tough but it has been since I’ve been here so it’s not new ground for me.”

There was nothing significant to play for in the table but Nick Pope was still in the running for the Golden Gloves until Yves Bissouma ended his hopes of a final-day clean sheet. The Mali midfielder had just won a slide tackle when Chris Wood’s scuffed clearance fell to him 30 yards from goal. He took a touch and curled into the top corner of Pope’s net for his first Premier League goal.

Burnley’s leveller was set up by Erik Pieters, who chipped a ball over Lewis Dunk, which allowed Wood to control and finish into the bottom corner with two swift movements, the 14th of the season for the New Zealand forward.

Connolly’s winner was reviewed by the Var to check Neal Maupay had kept the ball in play during the build-up, when he nudged the ball towards his team-mate. Kevin Long looked favourite to clear but Connolly danced around his Republic of Ireland team-mate before curling his low finish into the net.

It meant Graham Potter secured Brighton’s biggest points tally since promotion to the Premier League.

“There has been a lot of learning going on so to end up with 41 points is good,” Potter said. “We want to improve, of course, but the Premier League is so tough. You see Bournemouth and Watford end up getting relegated, and they are two teams at the start of the season you wouldn’t have thought would.

“Every year is an absolute fight, you have to retain that humility and respect for the competition and fight for every single point because they are not easy to come by.”

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:10 pm

Incredible Thread on VAR - today;s opponents have benefitted more than any other team

https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/sta ... 6438981632

also in article form here - https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english ... eague-club

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:22 pm

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:24 pm

comms cam on the pen and goals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zWcvt24xZs